Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mega evolutions are probably staying, but these Alola forms might be an excuse for them to ditch it and make previous mega Pokemon in these forms. Like Charizard having a fire dragon form with tough claws (but weaker stats because he can use an item and z power) or a variant of whatever.

It's a cool idea, I think.

I know mega evolutions are probably staying, but these Alola forms might be an excuse for them to ditch it and make previous mega Pokemon in these forms. Like Charizard having a fire dragon form with tough claws (but weaker stats because he can use an item and z power) or a variant of whatever.

It's a cool idea, I think.
I have my doubts. With very few exceptions, Megas completely outclass the original even if you can give the Mega an item. I don't think they'll do that. That's even if they rebalance the stat totals because the abilities on some Megas are just too good.

Also, that Ice move used by the Alolan Ninetales in the video - did that look like an attack or a status move to you guys? To me it looked like it might have been a Freeze move as I didn't see any accompanying damage or hear the damage sound. That could potentially be a pretty OP move unless they change the Freeze mechanics (maybe make it more like sleep?)
Looks like Sheer Cold to me.

Now that I notice it... and not because of the name, it would not be surprising if Yungoos and Suedeshoos Gumshoos's Stakeout ability may be a signature ability. They are watchers, and other "watcher" Pokemon have all the ability slots filled, so unless there is an Alola forme of things like Watchog...

Also, Alola Sandslash somewhat looks like a frozen Sonic.

I think people are confusing the Tauros in that image as another Alolan pokemon when it well could be just the lighting giving it that silvery look... the same lighting can be seen on Mudsdale as well.
It's way too bright to have the same cause IMO.

Until they actually show the Stage 2 starters, Mallow is a goddamn coincidence, full stop.

Everything else is fine by me (brain still breaking on Vulpix-A evolution method, though), I just refuse to accept a "leak" as fact, no matter how accurate.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just thinking Z move wobbuffet right now

Actually Flying Z move Gyarados/Landorus/Thundurus may have some use, especially in faster paced formats

Few things from me that aren't 100% clear from the trailer.

I love how the different Oricorio forms embody different dances to go with their different types - anyone think we'll see a Tierno cameo?
I love this Pokémon too. Being spanish myself (and also from Andalucía), the "flamenco" version of the red one is hilarious. I'm just happy by the fact that my land got representation, even if it's by a small Pokémon. Pokémon promotes multi culturism in so many ways it's beautiful.

Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak, he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region.

from the official sun and moon website

fire type Alola Cubone/Marowak incoming

I just realized something: Z-Moves will likely be banned from 1v1.
It'll be interesting for sure. They're most likely gonna have a 150 or higher base power if i had to guess. It's easier to think of them all like Dragon Gem Draco Meteor: A one time major nuke that takes up an item slot. The only differences are: it really is one-time but (likely) has no drawbacks. I am actually not sure if that is something that will be banned... at least not in the higher tiers.

Oh man this bird just might be amazing in doubles.

it has FOUR TYPES to choose from, but electric flying looks most solid out of the bunch.

Copies dancing moves? So you're saying he copies quiver dance, swords dance, dragon dance, petal dance, and fiery dance? So you can get two boosting moves off in one turn if your ally uses the dancing move, perhaps even when Oricorio uses protect. You can use 3 moves per turn!

Boosting moves are normally a waste of time in doubles, but if you boost BOTH pokemon perhaps we could see some viable strategies? Say for example if you paired it with Lilligant, who will quiver dance one turn and petal dance the next? Fire Oricorio would enjoy the coverage boost.

Nevermind any new dance moves that might come out.
... I just realise this is Tierno's soul Pokemon.

It'll be interesting for sure. They're most likely gonna have a 150 or higher base power if i had to guess. It's easier to think of them all like Dragon Gem Draco Meteor: A one time major nuke that takes up an item slot. The only differences are: it really is one-time but (likely) has no drawbacks. I am actually not sure if that is something that will be banned... at least not in the higher tiers.
1v1 is dedicated to hitting as hard as possible as fast as possible. Moves like Hyper Beam are actually good because of this. But everything getting an instant nuke (of which a one time use is nothing)?
... I just realise this is Tierno's soul Pokemon.
YES.

Until they actually show the Stage 2 starters, Mallow is a goddamn coincidence, full stop.

Everything else is fine by me (brain still breaking on Vulpix-A evolution method, though), I just refuse to accept a "leak" as fact, no matter how accurate.
Again, probably just icy rock level up.

I just realized something: Z-Moves will likely be banned from 1v1.
Probably not. Being able to spam Dragon Gem Draco Meteor on more than one mon was pretty legal.

If we take the Z-moves by the letter, the strategical level of it would make it a shame to see them being banned. I do think they have an increased priority and break through any kind of protection. It wouldn't make sense to see a huge scene taking up precious seconds of battle just to see "protected itself". At the same time, I don't see it being an in-game gimmick only, as it's the case of Amie bonuses, because it wouldn't make sense to advertise this much a new mechanic, to the point that we can actually buy the bracelet and feel the thing vibrating and making noises irl just to not allow us to use it competitively.

Reactions: JES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)