Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys, since coding is almost finished, I just want to ask a quick question. Should we continue with our normal slates? Also Petuuuhhh or Hematite I just want to ask on the progress on coding, like what is yet to be coded or on what server it will be played on.

Thank you in advance.

yes, and if possible ffa slates
We are not having FFA slates, as per quoting Hematite

I think Megas for All is a pretty different environment from something like Regional Evolutions.
In Regional Evolutions, every Pokémon can have more than eight variants, and the goal isn't to do one for everything - if one person submits a Dunsparce evolution and wins, that doesn't stop someone else from doing a Dunsparce evolution later, and no one is really competing with each other for the spot of "the Dunsparce evolution."
But in Megas for All, every Pokémon gets just one Mega. I think having fixed slates like we do encourages a higher standard of quality - no one is going to vote for me just because I thought to do a Mega Rillaboom first, because almost everyone else is also doing Mega Rillaboom. The goal right now is to vote for the best Mega Rillaboom, and the fact that there's competition for that spot makes people more original and creative.

I guess I'm mostly worried that people will just vote for their favorite Pokémon to get a Mega instead of looking at the submission itself. The slate-based system you're doing right now lets people give more attention to the individual submissions and makes sure that every Pokémon gets the best Mega it could have, which I think is more appropriate for a mod like Megas for All.

You guys said it, so we will resume with slates! Let us start with . . .

Slate 8
:ss/klinklang: :ss/vanilluxe: :ss/garbodor:

We have the three Pokémon that made Unova garbage: Klinklang, Vanilluxe, and Garbodor. They are unviable in OU, but can their Megas make them MFA OU viable just like Mega Mawile? Subs start now!

Last edited:
We have the three Pokémon that made Unova garbage
I think Klinklang is fine and I feel decently positive towards Vanilluxe, but more importantly, how could anyone hate Garbodor
I love Garbodor

ahem
In all seriousness, YES I'm so happy you did this slate after all!!! I was hoping for this one - I started to prepare for it pretty much as soon as kakaks suggested it because it sounded like a fun set!
I haven't done a Garbodor yet (I'll have to figure out how to do it justice at some point! I will probably come back to it and edit one in), but I am very enthusiastic about the other two!
EDIT: I have returned and added a Garbodor idea! I'm happy with this one as well. C:

---

:klinklang: Mega Klinklang
New Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Reinitialize
(When Mega Klinklang uses any move that isn't Steel-type, it also clears all of the stat changes on the field.)
Type: Steel

New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 100 -> 200 (+100)
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 90
(620 BST)
... just trust me alright

New moves: None for now
Description:
First and foremost, let's talk about Klinklang's current identity. Klinklang is a Pokémon that's defined by its access to an incredibly strong boosting option in Shift Gear, but it's held back by its notable lack of coverage (it's one of the few Pokémon that conventionally runs non-STAB Return just because it has nothing better to use!), which is important as a balancing factor for Shift Gear because it makes it possible for most teams to stop its sweeps by walling it.
If I just wanted to make this better than Klinklang, the obvious step would have been to improve its coverage, especially through an Ability (one of my earlier thoughts was just to give it Refrigerate) rather than a movepool increase so it had a distinct advantage over its base form.
Buuut I wanted to do something weirder than that!
Instead of trying to solve Klinklang's lack of coverage, I decided to lean into the way Game Freak chose to use it - as a balancing factor to make it easier to stop a sweep despite how strong it looks on the surface - and then make it... well... really, really terrifying on the surface. With that in mind, Mega Klinklang gets even stronger with Shift Gear sets, but it's now even more easily punished by resistances than before: attempting to use any coverage move will undo its accumulated boosts, which is almost as bad as forcing it out in the first place.

Now let's talk about that ridiculous stat spread!
To support Reinitialize as a concept, I felt it was important that Klinklang did not get any faster - it needs to be reliant on Shift Gear, after all, so that Speed increase has to be just as important as it is to its base form. In addition, I wanted the Haze effect to be suitably punishing if it was used in the middle of an attempted sweep, so I chose not to raise Klinklang's Defense or Special Defense - those would be the stats I increased if I wanted to ease setup, but Reinitialize serves its purpose best when Klinklang has to be careful with its boosts and can't reclaim them too easily.
Also I just thought it would be really, really funny to give it +100 Attack and do nothing else.
For reference, the actual change in damage output is roughly a 5/3 modifier (~1.67 times), which is better than any item regular Klinklang could hold. However, be aware that Klinklang's current home is in PU (shared with Mawile, incidentally - the Mega Evolution that went from base 85 Attack to "base 259" and didn't even have to spend all hundred points to do it!); I don’t think this is unwarranted.
In addition, this is a really over-the-top-looking boost, but it's also a really unoptimal one. In terms of how it compares to other Mega Evolutions, its Gear Grind is doing slightly less than Pokémon like Mega Pinsir (with Return), Mega Metagross (with Meteor Mash) and Mega Sceptile (with Leaf Storm). Its Attack is absurdly high, but it doesn't have a damage-boosting Ability to go with it, so it's not actually hitting for exorbitant amounts of damage - and each of those Pokémon has other significant advantages of their own, while this takes Klinklang's entire stat increase all to itself! I just want to stress that this stat spread, while exaggerated on purpose, is not actually as ridiculous as it looks and should not at all be overpowered.

But let's get to the fun part!! Aside from its potential breaking and sweeping power, Reinitialize itself is actually a really neat Ability for Klinklang to have!!
On one side, it might behave like a hindering Ability - it punishes Klinklang for using coverage moves by stopping its sweep anyway, making it easier to wall and harder to boost.
On the other hand, though... Mega Klinklang now has the most reliable Haze access in the game and can compress it into the same turn as any number of other moves! Aside from Shift Gear and Gear Grind, basically every move it would ever consider running resets not only its own stats but those of its opponent - so it can stop any other setup sweeper in its tracks.
Need to grab momentum? With Volt Switch, Mega Klinklang can clear an opponent's boosts and pivot out at the same time.
Want to neutralize the threat completely? Toxic or Thunder Wave can seriously cripple a setup sweeper in the long term at the same time that they lose their boosts.
Or what if you're worried that the sweeper will knock out Klinklang before it can act? You're looking at the only Pokémon that can use Protect and Haze in the same turn!

Mega Klinklang is a unique Pokémon whose Ability grants it unmatched utility and a total monopoly over stat boosting while leaving an obvious flaw in its own attempts to sweep, which I think is enough to make it one of the most interesting Mega Evolutions to use. This is something I would totally run on my teams, and I hope everyone else can have fun using it, too!

---

:vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Cold Sweat
(When Mega Vanilluxe enters battle, it changes the weather to hail. When facing an opponent with a super effective move or an OHKO move, it shivers and changes the weather to rain.)
Type: Ice

New Stats:
HP: 71
Attack: 95
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Special Defense: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Speed: 79 -> 109 (+30)
(635 BST)

Description:
The idea behind this Mega Vanilluxe was to set rain in a unique way, enabling it to run Weather Ball reliably for coverage. Since Weather Ball in rain is like having a 100 BP STAB move, even though Vanilluxe isn't actually a Water-type, this is a fantastic move for it to run, and it complements its Ice STAB and Freeze-Dry to give it excellent coverage.
I chose to make the Ability mimic Anticipation's effect because it would primarily be used to deal with Rock- and Fire-types, which are the only two types that are weak to Water but not to Ice, and Steel-types, which resist Ice but not Water - these types are all super effective against Vanilluxe, so the condition for setting rain matches the situations that call for it. (I can also picture Vanilluxe "melting" in a way that looks like a nervous sweatdrop when faced with a Fire-type Pokémon!)
It could instead just have Drizzle, and it might if this code doesn't work, but that's not as fun and gimmicky... I think this idea is cuter! XP

With its Speed tier and its ability to set rain against many major threats, Mega Vanilluxe can gain the upper hand against a surprising amount of the tier - important Pokémon like Terrakion, Blacephalon, Mega Charizard Y which is super funny to me, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Volcarona are all surprisingly vulnerable to Mega Vanilluxe.
However, just having a Water-type move isn't enough to win every matchup; Vanilluxe's physical bulk is not fantastic, and rain doesn't help defensively against Rock or Steel or at all against Fighting, so it's still vulnerable to other faster offensive threats and those bulky enough to live one hit. In return, Vanilluxe is no longer capable of running Hidden Power Fire like its base form, as its own Ability often weakens its power, which leaves it more easily walled by some Steel-types.

Mega Vanilluxe can potentially still set Aurora Veil for itself (this is more reliable if you do it before you Mega Evolve, though - Cold Sweat will get rid of its hail before it uses Aurora Veil if its opponent switches out to a type advantage), and somewhat uniquely, it brings this option to rain teams as well as hail ones, although it can't combine it with Light Clay and isn't the best at using it to support other Pokémon.
Both Ice Beam and Blizzard are options worth considering for its Ice STAB - Blizzard is the better option when it's operating in its own hail, but Ice Beam stays reliable even in rain at the cost of some of its power - and Freeze-Dry remains its best coverage move, targeting the Water-types that resist Blizzard and Weather Ball.
160 Special Attack is roughly equivalent to a Life Orb boost for Vanilluxe.

---

:garbodor: Mega Garbodor
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Miasma
(While Mega Garbodor is present, any Pokémon that switches in to replace a fainted ally enters with reduced Defense, Special Defense and Speed. Pokémon that enter in other ways are not affected.)
Type: Poison/Steel

New Stats:
HP: 80
Attack: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Defense: 82
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 82 -> 115 (+33)
Speed: 75 -> 92 (+17)
Weight: 107.3 -> 607.3 (+500)
(574 BST)

New moves: Heavy Slam
Description:
While it's initially more of a tank than a sweeper, Mega Garbodor uses its unique Ability to put its opponent in a state of disadvantage if it's allowed to knock something out. Miasma strongly pressures opponents to switch out rather than allow Mega Garbodor to claim a KO by guaranteeing that whatever is sent in to revenge it is in much greater danger.
In return, these switches generate free turns that allow it to set up hazards and support its team like most Garbodor - and if it does take anything down, it can potentially clean up weakened teams and win the game outright if its opponent has no defensive answers.
Mega Garbodor's Speed is high enough to creep anywhere from base 115s to something like Zeraora at -1 Speed depending on its investment, and between its powerful defensive type and its improved Special Defense, it's also bulky enough to capitalize on any points that are devoted to HP. This affords it a good amount of flexibility according to the needs of the rest of the team.

I admittedly wasn't totally sure what stats to give it - and I'm totally willing to buff it or nerf it as is deemed necessary (please give feedback!) - but I settled on this Attack stat first by exploring Pokémon that I thought played in a comparable way and then by running calcs against common Pokémon in National Dex OU and seeing what seemed "safe." There are still plenty of common Pokémon like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Hippowdon and Swampert (it's actually quite rare to see a team with no Ground-types, to my understanding!) that can counter it reliably, and Corviknight can easily deny it progress as well. There are also a good number of Pokémon that can switch in on it and reliably counter it but aren't willing to come in to revenge it thanks to Miasma, which I think is a unique dynamic and is a quality I was hoping it would have this is probably the only Pokémon whose counters aren't all checks, haha.
With an Ability like Miasma, I was more worried about making it too strong than too weak, so I was careful to make sure reliable counters would still naturally exist on a majority of teams and keep it from just sweeping right away without support; even so, I tried to make it reach the upper range of its potential while remaining balanced, and I'm optimistic that it can perform its job well and do it in a unique and interesting way.

---

I will also provide code for these Abilities! Reinitialize and Cold Sweat are both final (huge thank you to Petuuuhhh for testing them both and making important corrections to Cold Sweat!). Meanwhile, Miasma is awaiting confirmation from a more experienced coder and/or someone who can test it, but it should be functional to the best of my knowledge!
Code:
    reinitialize: {
        desc: "If this Pokémon uses a move that isn't Steel-type, it clears all stat changes on the field.",
        shortDesc: "Clears all stat changes when using a move that isn't Steel-type.",
        onSourceHit(target, source, move) {
            if (!move || !target) return;
            if (move.type !== 'Steel') {
                this.add('-clearallboost');
                for (const pokemon of this.getAllActive()) {
                    pokemon.clearBoosts();
                 }
            }
        },
        name: "Reinitialize",
        rating: 3,
        num: -1006,
    },
Code:
    coldsweat: {
        desc: "On switch-in, this Pokémon summons hail. It changes the weather to rain if any opposing Pokémon has an attack that is super effective on this Pokémon or an OHKO move. Counter, Metal Burst, and Mirror Coat count as attacking moves of their respective types, Hidden Power counts as its determined type, and Judgment, Multi-Attack, Natural Gift, Revelation Dance, Techno Blast, and Weather Ball are considered Normal-type moves.",
        shortDesc: "On switch-in, this Pokémon summons hail. Summons rain if the foe has a supereffective or OHKO move.",
        onStart(pokemon) {
            for (const target of pokemon.side.foe.active) {
                if (!target || target.fainted) continue;
                for (const moveSlot of target.moveSlots) {
                    const move = this.dex.getMove(moveSlot.move);
                    if (move.category === 'Status') continue;
                    const moveType = move.id === 'hiddenpower' ? target.hpType : move.type;
                    if (
                        this.dex.getImmunity(moveType, pokemon) && this.dex.getEffectiveness(moveType, pokemon) > 0 ||
                        move.ohko
                    ) {
                        this.field.setWeather('raindance');
                        return;
                    }
                    else {
                        this.field.setWeather('hail');
                        return;
                    }
                }
            }
        },
        name: "Cold Sweat",
        rating: 4,
        num: -1007,
    },
Code:
	miasma: {
		desc: "If any opponent faints, this Pokémon lowers the Defense, Special Defense and Speed of the Pokémon that comes in to replace it by 1 stage.",
		shortDesc: "Lowers the Def, SpD and Spe of defeated opponents' replacements.",
		onAnyFaintPriority: 1,
		onAnyFaint() {
			pokemon.addVolatile('miasma');
		},
		onEnd(pokemon) {
			pokemon.removeVolatile('miasma');
		},
		effect: {
			onFoeSwitchIn(pokemon) {
				for (const target of pokemon.side.foe.active) {
					this.boost({def: -1}, target, pokemon, null, true);
					this.boost({spd: -1}, target, pokemon, null, true);
					this.boost({spe: -1}, target, pokemon, null, true);
					pokemon.removeVolatile('miasma');
				}
			}
		},
		name: "Miasma",
		rating: 3.5,
		num: -1008,
	},

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
can we do slates with loads of lead time again? i had a lot of time to iterate and nail these down as best i could. it was really fun : D

:vanilluxe:
Mega Vanilluxe
New Typing: Ice (unchanged)
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor → Ice Face

New Stats:
Mega Vanilluxe (Ice Face): 71/95/85/160/145/79
ATK: 95 → 95 (--)
DEF: 85 → 85 (--)
SPA: 110 → 160 (+50)
SPD: 95 → 145 (+50)
SPE: 79 → 79 (--)

Mega Vanilluxe (Noice Face): 71/95/85/160/95/129
DEF: 85 → 85 (--)
SPA: 110 → 160 (+50)
SPD: 95 → 95 (--)
SPE: 79 → 129 (+50)

New Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Mud Bomb

TL;DR Description: Using the hail set from its base form's Snow Warning, Ice Face gives Vanilluxe a free turn to set up Aurora Veil if it wants, or protects it from priority of some sort.
The added coverage moves (both meant to resemble various ice cream toppings, if flavor is an issue) help it cause problems for threats that might outspeed in its base form and break its defenses but are no match for Noice Face's base 129 speed.
I DONT KNOW OKAY i also dont want me to be doing this

unfortunately the way Ice Face functions as written, the hail set by its base form's Snow Warning won't refresh it; the hail has to have been set After it loses its Ice Face. i suspect that might be less of a problem for this thing than it is for Eiscue though.

running it on a dedicated hail team would give it the chance to set up again if it'd like to after switching out. it doesnt necessarily need to reset its ice face though; the free turn should be enough of a draw in and of itself, letting it 2hko some things it would otherwise lose to in a speed battle, or safely set up an aurora veil.

it should also be decidedly usable in its ice face form; there's no attack change between the two, and its special defense has been buffed considerably to force opponents to pick between dealing reduced damage or spending a turn to break its ice face. and if they do break it, they've got to contend with it being Very Fast Now. i dunno it seems fun to me !!!

… also can i just say what a fantastic name for a form "noice face" is? i had to type it so many times for this and its completely impossible to take seriously i love it SO MUCH

:garbodor:
Mega Garbodor
New Typing: Poison (unchanged)
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath → Trash Compactor (This Pokemon is immune to all entry hazards. If it lands on any type of entry hazard, it clears the hazard and Stockpiles 1.)

New Stats: 80/95/132/95/132/40
DEF: 82 → 132 (+50)
SPA: 60 → 95 (+35)
SPD: 82 → 132 (+50)
SPE: 75 → 40 (-35)

New Moves: Stealth Rock, Knock Off

TL;DR Description: Its Ability discourages enemy hazard use, and punishes those that disregard it, boosting its defenses (and incidentally, its Body Press).
Stealth Rock and Knock Off expand its abilities to dish out hazard damage to the opponent as well, with Knock Off helping dispose of those pesky Boots that everything runs nowadays.
oh boy did someone say garbodor ??? one of my absolute favorite pokemon of all time??????

The main problem it runs into is that it still hasn't got much reliable recovery (although its attack stats being evened out makes Giga Drain easier to run), plus its attacks are fairly underwhelming without Stockpile boosting its Body Press. That being said, at Stockpile 1 it will take only about ⅓ of its health from a utility Excadrill's Earthquake, and dish out a OHKO with Body Press in return. With its Special and Physical Attack stats evened out, its normal coverage should be enough to handle the vast majority of Rapid Spinners. And when combined with something running Defiant or Competitive to take out Defoggers, you've got a recipe for success! Or at least a recipe for "causing problems and being really annoying", i hope.

Since someone will know that you're running Mega Garbodor, it's definitely not really optimal to rely on someone else setting hazards, but… since it Stockpiles rather than just raising defenses, you could hypothetically Swallow or Spit Up the hazards you just picked up. Once again, its definitely a bad idea to run that, but the mental image of Garbodor picking up some spikes off the ground and just eating them is so… good… i cant stop thinking about it, i love garbodor more than i can put into words,

:klinklang:
Mega Klinklang
New Typing: Steel (unchanged)
New Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body → Bulletproof

New Stats: 70/135/180/70/85/90
HP: 70
ATK: 100 → 135 (+35)
DEF: 115 → 180 (+65)
SPA: 70 → 70 (--)
SPD: 85 → 85 (--)
SPE: 90 → 90 (--)

New Moves: Drill Run

TL;DR Description: +2 neutral speed with no investment outspeeds max speed base Cinderace and oneshots with Drill Run, and its defense is high enough that it can tank a HJK if it has to. bulletproof also gives it immunity to the two most common special Fighting-type moves (aura sphere and focus blast)

revolving gears...
two-headed ice cream cones...
garbage...

One of the many faces of Unova.

:ss/vanilluxe:
New Typing:
1599582415044.png

Ability: Ice Body, Snow Warning; Weak Armor → Primitive Hail (CLONE of Primordial Sea; the weather becomes intense snow that boosts the power of Ice-type moves by 50% while also having the same other effects as hail. This weather lasts until the user switches out and cannot be disrupted.)
Atk: 95 → 135 (+40)
Def: 85 → 95 (+10)
SpAtk: 110 → 120 (+30)
SpDef: 95 → 115 (+20)
Speed: 79
BST: 635
New Moves: None
Description: With Primitive Hail, Mega Vanilluxe becomes an amazing wallbreaker, hitting many unresisted things hard with its boosted 100% accurate Blizzards. Rain teams also hate facing this thing, since Freeze-Dry will kill the majority of the abusers. Permanent weather means that the likes of Torkoal and Tyranitar cannot disrupt it, making it consistent at disrupting other weather. It holds some solid bulk as well, making it not too hard to revenge kill. However, it is weak to hazards, so it will not always be repeatedly switching. While 79 Speed seems mediocre for a wallbreaker, Autotomize allows it to outspeed many key offensive threats such as Dragapult, Zeraora, and Alakazam. Unfortunately, it does lack any coverage moves to hit most Fire- and Steel-types bar Focus Blast.

:ss/garbodor:
New Typing:
1599573778379.png

Ability:
Stench, Weak Armor; Aftermath → Corrosion
HP:
Atk: 95 → 105 (+10)
Def: 82 → 122 (+40)
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 82 → 122 (+40)
Speed: 75 → 85 (+10)
BST: 474 → 574
New Moves:
Slack Off
Description: Not many Spikers in the OU tier are able to fully take on Corviknight, who is one of the most prominent Defoggers currently. However, with Corrosion and relatively decent bulk, Garbodor is able to 1v1 Corviknight with Toxic singlehandedly as well as other defensive threats such as Toxapex and Amoonguss. Skarmory and Mandibuzz are also pressured into Toxic, letting Garbodor safely keep up Spikes. Of course, it needs reliably recovery as a way of staying up during a match, so I decided to give it Slack Off. This also serves as a really decent check to Rillaboom by virtue of its Poison typing, letting it withstand another top Pokemon in the tier. One of the few counters to a Corrosion Toxic is Reuniclus, Clefable, and Hatterene. However, Clefable and Hatterene don't enjoy taking a Gunk Shot.

- More subs will come later

Last edited:
:ss/klinklang:
New Typing: Steel

Ability: Plus, MInus, Clear Body → Simple
HP:
Atk: 100120 (+20)
Def: 115120 (+5)
SpAtk: 70 → 80 (+10)
SpDef: 85120 (+35)
Speed: 90120 (+30)
BST: 520620
New Moves:
Description:
Let's face it gears are simple. Klinklang is simple so why not lean into that by giving it simple. Now shift gear will really get it going. Really though odds are you're gonna sub, shift, and stomp. Maybe shift again if you need to stomp again. It's really simple and could easily be shut down by taunt or something.

Last edited:

Garbodor
Poison, Fighting
No guard
80, 175, 102, 60, 102, 55, 574 BST
Cross chop, Bulk up, Stone edge, Earthquake, Knock off

Vaniluxe
Ice, Fire
Burnilize
(ate ability clone that makes every move have an 20% chanceto burn, but applies the 10% lo damage every time the user attacks)
71, 104, 85, 135, 160, 80, 635 BST
Recover, Heat wave, Fire blast, Thunderbolt, Scald

Klinklang

Steel, Electric
Galvanize

60, 130, 115, 100, 85, 130, 620 BST
Poltergeist, Earthquake, Gunk shot, Stone edge, Zen headbutt
Can you specify the stat changes?

I think Klinklang is fine and I feel decently positive towards Vanilluxe, but more importantly, how could anyone hate Garbodor
I love Garbodor

ahem
In all seriousness, YES I'm so happy you did this slate after all!!! I was hoping for this one - I started to prepare for it pretty much as soon as kakaks suggested it because it sounded like a fun set!
I haven't done a Garbodor yet (I'll have to figure out how to do it justice at some point! I will probably come back to it and edit one in), but I am very enthusiastic about the other two!
EDIT: I have returned and added a Garbodor idea! I'm happy with this one as well. C:

---

:klinklang: Mega Klinklang
New Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Reinitialize
(When Mega Klinklang uses any move that isn't Steel-type, it also clears all of the stat changes on the field.)
Type: Steel

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 200 (+100)
Defense: 115
Speed: 90
(620 BST)
... just trust me alright

Description:
First and foremost, let's talk about Klinklang's current identity. Klinklang is a Pokémon that's defined by its access to an incredibly strong boosting option in Shift Gear, but it's held back by its notable lack of coverage (it's one of the few Pokémon that conventionally runs non-STAB Return just because it has nothing better to use!), which is important as a balancing factor for Shift Gear because it makes it possible for most teams to stop its sweeps by walling it.
If I just wanted to make this better than Klinklang, the obvious step would have been to improve its coverage, especially through an Ability (one of my earlier thoughts was just to give it Refrigerate) rather than a movepool increase so it had a distinct advantage over its base form.
Buuut I wanted to do something weirder than that!
Instead of trying to solve Klinklang's lack of coverage, I decided to lean into the way Game Freak chose to use it - as a balancing factor to make it easier to stop a sweep despite how strong it looks on the surface - and then make it... well... really, really terrifying on the surface. With that in mind, Mega Klinklang gets even stronger with Shift Gear sets, but it's now even more easily punished by resistances than before: attempting to use any coverage move will undo its accumulated boosts, which is almost as bad as forcing it out in the first place.

Now let's talk about that ridiculous stat spread!
To support Reinitialize as a concept, I felt it was important that Klinklang did not get any faster - it needs to be reliant on Shift Gear, after all, so that Speed increase has to be just as important as it is to its base form. In addition, I wanted the Haze effect to be suitably punishing if it was used in the middle of an attempted sweep, so I chose not to raise Klinklang's Defense or Special Defense - those would be the stats I increased if I wanted to ease setup, but Reinitialize serves its purpose best when Klinklang has to be careful with its boosts and can't reclaim them too easily.
Also I just thought it would be really, really funny to give it +100 Attack and do nothing else.
For reference, the actual change in damage output is roughly a 5/3 modifier (~1.67 times), which is better than any item regular Klinklang could hold. However, be aware that Klinklang's current home is in PU (shared with Mawile, incidentally - the Mega Evolution that went from base 85 Attack to "base 259" and didn't even have to spend all hundred points to do it!); I don’t think this is unwarranted.
In addition, this is a really over-the-top-looking boost, but it's also a really unoptimal one. In terms of how it compares to other Mega Evolutions, its Gear Grind is doing slightly less than Pokémon like Mega Pinsir (with Return), Mega Metagross (with Meteor Mash) and Mega Sceptile (with Leaf Storm). Its Attack is absurdly high, but it doesn't have a damage-boosting Ability to go with it, so it's not actually hitting for exorbitant amounts of damage - and each of those Pokémon has other significant advantages of their own, while this takes Klinklang's entire stat increase all to itself! I just want to stress that this stat spread, while exaggerated on purpose, is not actually as ridiculous as it looks and should not at all be overpowered.

But let's get to the fun part!! Aside from its potential breaking and sweeping power, Reinitialize itself is actually a really neat Ability for Klinklang to have!!
On one side, it might behave like a hindering Ability - it punishes Klinklang for using coverage moves by stopping its sweep anyway, making it easier to wall and harder to boost.
On the other hand, though... Mega Klinklang now has the most reliable Haze access in the game and can compress it into the same turn as any number of other moves! Aside from Shift Gear and Gear Grind, basically every move it would ever consider running resets not only its own stats but those of its opponent - so it can stop any other setup sweeper in its tracks.
Need to grab momentum? With Volt Switch, Mega Klinklang can clear an opponent's boosts and pivot out at the same time.
Want to neutralize the threat completely? Toxic or Thunder Wave can seriously cripple a setup sweeper in the long term at the same time that they lose their boosts.
Or what if you're worried that the sweeper will knock out Klinklang before it can act? You're looking at the only Pokémon that can use Protect and Haze in the same turn!

Mega Klinklang is a unique Pokémon whose Ability grants it unmatched utility and a total monopoly over stat boosting while leaving an obvious flaw in its own attempts to sweep, which I think is enough to make it one of the most interesting Mega Evolutions to use. This is something I would totally run on my teams, and I hope everyone else can have fun using it, too!

---

:vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Cold Sweat
(When Mega Vanilluxe enters battle, it changes the weather to hail. When facing an opponent with a super effective move or an OHKO move, it shivers and changes the weather to rain.)
Type: Ice

New Stats:
Attack: 95
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 110 -> 160 (+50)
Speed: 79 -> 109 (+30)
(635 BST)

Description:
The idea behind this Mega Vanilluxe was to set rain in a unique way, enabling it to run Weather Ball reliably for coverage. Since Weather Ball in rain is like having a 100 BP STAB move, even though Vanilluxe isn't actually a Water-type, this is a fantastic move for it to run, and it complements its Ice STAB and Freeze-Dry to give it excellent coverage.
I chose to make the Ability mimic Anticipation's effect because it would primarily be used to deal with Rock- and Fire-types, which are the only two types that are weak to Water but not to Ice, and Steel-types, which resist Ice but not Water - these types are all super effective against Vanilluxe, so the condition for setting rain matches the situations that call for it. (I can also picture Vanilluxe "melting" in a way that looks like a nervous sweatdrop when faced with a Fire-type Pokémon!)
It could instead just have Drizzle, and it might if this code doesn't work, but that's not as fun and gimmicky... I think this idea is cuter! XP

With its Speed tier and its ability to set rain against many major threats, Mega Vanilluxe can gain the upper hand against a surprising amount of the tier - important Pokémon like Terrakion, Blacephalon, Mega Charizard Y which is super funny to me, Garchomp, Hydreigon and Volcarona are all surprisingly vulnerable to Mega Vanilluxe.
However, just having a Water-type move isn't enough to win every matchup; Vanilluxe's physical bulk is not fantastic, and rain doesn't help defensively against Rock or Steel or at all against Fighting, so it's still vulnerable to other faster offensive threats and those bulky enough to live one hit. In return, Vanilluxe is no longer capable of running Hidden Power Fire like its base form, as its own Ability often weakens its power, which leaves it more easily walled by some Steel-types.

Mega Vanilluxe can potentially still set Aurora Veil for itself (this is more reliable if you do it before you Mega Evolve, though - Cold Sweat will get rid of its hail before it uses Aurora Veil if its opponent switches out to a type advantage), and somewhat uniquely, it brings this option to rain teams as well as hail ones, although it can't combine it with Light Clay and isn't the best at using it to support other Pokémon.
Both Ice Beam and Blizzard are options worth considering for its Ice STAB - Blizzard is the better option when it's operating in its own hail, but Ice Beam stays reliable even in rain at the cost of some of its power - and Freeze-Dry remains its best coverage move, targeting the Water-types that resist Blizzard and Weather Ball.
160 Special Attack is roughly equivalent to a Life Orb boost for Vanilluxe.

---

:garbodor: Mega Garbodor
New Ability: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Miasma
(While Mega Garbodor is present, any Pokémon that switches in to replace a fainted ally enters with reduced Defense, Special Defense and Speed. Pokémon that enter in other ways are not affected.)
Type: Poison/Steel

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Defense: 82
Special Attack: 60 -> 80 (+20)
Special Defense: 82 -> 115 (+33)
Speed: 75 -> 92 (+17)
Weight: 107.3 -> 607.3 (+500)
(574 BST)

New moves: Heavy Slam
Description:
While it's initially more of a tank than a sweeper, Mega Garbodor uses its unique Ability to put its opponent in a state of disadvantage if it's allowed to knock something out. Miasma strongly pressures opponents to switch out rather than allow Mega Garbodor to claim a KO by guaranteeing that whatever is sent in to revenge it is in much greater danger.
In return, these switches generate free turns that allow it to set up hazards and support its team like most Garbodor - and if it does take anything down, it can potentially clean up weakened teams and win the game outright if its opponent has no defensive answers.
Mega Garbodor's Speed is high enough to creep anywhere from base 115s to something like Zeraora at -1 Speed depending on its investment, and between its powerful defensive type and its improved Special Defense, it's also bulky enough to capitalize on any points that are devoted to HP. This affords it a good amount of flexibility according to the needs of the rest of the team.

I admittedly wasn't totally sure what stats to give it - and I'm totally willing to buff it or nerf it as is deemed necessary (please give feedback!) - but I settled on this Attack stat first by exploring Pokémon that I thought played in a comparable way and then by running calcs against common Pokémon in National Dex OU and seeing what seemed "safe." There are still plenty of common Pokémon like Landorus-T, Garchomp, Hippowdon and Swampert (it's actually quite rare to see a team with no Ground-types, to my understanding!) that can counter it reliably, and Corviknight can easily deny it progress as well. There are also a good number of Pokémon that can switch in on it and reliably counter it but aren't willing to come in to revenge it thanks to Miasma, which I think is a unique dynamic and is a quality I was hoping it would have this is probably the only Pokémon whose counters aren't all checks, haha.
With an Ability like Miasma, I was more worried about making it too strong than too weak, so I was careful to make sure reliable counters would still naturally exist on a majority of teams and keep it from just sweeping right away without support; even so, I tried to make it reach the upper range of its potential while remaining balanced, and I'm optimistic that it can perform its job well and do it in a unique and interesting way.

---

I will also provide code for these Abilities! What I have here is a WIP - I'm awaiting a response on the Pet Mods Discord as to whether they will actually work as intended, so this may be updated in the near future (with either confirmation or corrections) - but I thought it would be best to show that I have something done, at least.
Code:
    reinitialize: {
        desc: "If this Pokémon uses a move that isn't Steel-type, it clears all stat changes on the field.",
        shortDesc: "Clears all stat changes when using a move that isn't Steel-type.",
        onSourceHit(target, source, move) {
            if (!move || !target) return;
            if (move.type !== 'Steel') {
                this.add('-clearallboost');
                for (const pokemon of this.getAllActive()) {
                    pokemon.clearBoosts();
                 }
            }
        },
        name: "Reinitialize",
        rating: 3,
        num: -1006,
    },
Code for Cold Sweat
Anddd I am not quite free to attempt Miasma yet, but I am just posting this now in case anyone has feedback! I will update this later, I hope!
Since you have Mega Garbodor now, and I am assuming its ability is a new one and not a clone, when can I expect the code?

mega jask,
speed boost
hp 200
atk 350
def 200
sdef 200
satk 100
speed 350
not the time or place for this.

first off you can't change HP when mega evolving, second, the stat changes when designing a mega cannot go over 100, third, the highest that you can put a stat on a mon is 255, and fourth, ninjask wasn't even slated at all.

plus this just sounds incredibly stupid and unbalanced

'psa im kidding, but what if'
mega jask,
speed boost
hp 200
atk 350
def 200
sdef 200
satk 100
speed 350
not the time or place for this.

first off you can't change HP when mega evolving, second, the stat changes when designing a mega cannot go over 100, third, the highest that you can put a stat on a mon is 255, and fourth, ninjask wasn't even slated at all.

plus this just sounds incredibly stupid and unbalanced
did you even bother to read the message i posted responding to this anyways?

:ss/klinklang: Klinklang-mega
Ability
: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Anti-Clockwise Spiralling
(Mega Klinklang cannot be confused or Intimidated.)
Type: Steel -> Steel/Normal

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Speed: 90 -> 145 (+55)
(520 -> 620 BST)

New moves: Rapid Spin and Thrash.

:ss/vanilluxe: Vanilluxe-mega
New Ability
: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Slush Rush
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fairy

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Speed: 79 -> 89 (+10)
(535 -> 635 BST)

New moves: Dazzling Gleam, Surf and Liquidation.

:ss/garbodor: Garbodor-mega
New Ability
: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Wasteland
(This pokémon can poison even Steel- and Poison-type foes.)
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Defense: 82 -> 142 (+70)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-10)
(474 -> 574 BST)

New moves: Recover and Knock Off.

:ss/klinklang: Klinklang-mega
Ability
: Plus/Minus/Clear Body -> Anti-Clockwise Spiralling
(Mega Klinklang cannot be confused or Intimidated.)
Type: Steel -> Steel/Normal

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 115 -> 140 (+25)
Speed: 90 -> 145 (+55)
(520 -> 620 BST)

New moves: Rapid Spin and Thrash.

:ss/vanilluxe: Vanilluxe-mega
New Ability
: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor -> Slush Rush
Type: Ice -> Ice/Fairy

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Defense: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 -> 140 (+30)
Speed: 79 -> 89 (+10)
(535 -> 635 BST)

New moves: Dazzling Gleam, Surf and Liquidation.

:ss/garbodor: Garbodor-mega
New Ability
: Stench/Weak Armor/Aftermath -> Wasteland
(This pokémon can poison even Steel- and Poison-type foes.)
Type: Poison -> Poison/Dark

New Stats:
Attack: 95 -> 105 (+10)
Defense: 82 -> 142 (+70)
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 82 -> 112 (+30)
Speed: 75 -> 65 (-10)
(474 -> 574 BST)

New moves: Recover and Knock Off.
Is Anti-Clockwise Spiralling a Clear Body clone? Also Mega Garbodor's ability is basically Corrosion.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Mega Vanilluxe
Typing
: Ice ---> Ice/Fairy
Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor ---> Slush Rush
HP: 71 ---> 71
Atk: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Def: 85 ---> 85
SpA: 115 ---> 160 (+45)
SpD: 95 ---> 105 (+10)
Spe: 79 ---> 104 (+25)
BST: 535 ---> 635 (+100)
Added Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Focus Blast, Earth Power
Description: Sugar rush lol. In all serious, other sweet-based Pokemon, like Slurpuff and Alcremie, are Fairy-types, so I thought it would be fair for Vanilluxe to receive this typing too. With the ability to set up its own hail for Slush Rush, Vanilluxe becomes a super fast wallbreaker, although it's only able to set up its weather once.

:ss/klinklang:
Mega Klinklang
Typing:
Steel ---> Steel/Electric
Ability: Plus/Minus/Clear Body ---> Electric Surge
HP: 60 ---> 60
Atk: 100 ---> 130 (+30)
Def: 115 ---> 115 (+0)
SpA: 70 ---> 100 (+30)
SpD: 85 ---> 85 (+0)
Spe: 90 ---> 130 (+40)
BST: 540 ---> 620 (+100)
Added Moves: Rapid Spin
Description: Klinklang sets sparks flying! Since Klinklang already gets so many Electric moves, not much was changed except increased offensive capabilities. Now, Klinklang can be a fearsome physical sweeper or a handy terrain setter.

Last edited:
In the words of TheJWittz:
"Garbotoxin, Garbotoxin, Garbotoxin! They just keep printing Garbodors with Garbotoxin!"

Type: Poison
Ability: Garbotoxin (as long as Mega Garbodor is on the field, all held items besides mega stones and Z-crystals are disabled; basically like how Neutralizing Gas is Gastro Acid in ability form, except it's Magic Room)
Stats:
HP: 80​
Att: 115 (+20)​
Def: 112 (+30)​
SpA: 80 (+20)​
SpD: 112 (+30)​
Spe: 75​

This iteration of Garbotoxin is only loosely based on the TCG ability of the same name. In the TGC, it disabled all other abilities as long as Garbodor was holding a Pokemon Tool (basically a held item). Since that's already covered by Neutralizing Gas, I thought it might be interesting to lean into the held item part of the ability, drawing further inspiration from Garbodor's other scary TGC thing in Trashalanche, as well as the move Corrosive Gas.

Because items have such varied effects, Garbotoxin too has multiple uses, but I think the most interesting use is supporting hazard stack, particularly when Toxic Spikes are in play (which Garbodor can set itself if it so chooses, along with regular Spikes). By disabling Heavy-Duty Boots, Garbodor prevents any Pokemon besides those with Magic Guard from coming in scot-free, and if Toxic Spikes are down, those Pokemon are crippled for the rest of the game. As an added bonus, it also helps poison whittle down Pokemon holding Leftovers.

Hopefully this ability isn't too custom. If it is, I'll try to cobble something together from Neutralizing Gas and Magic Room (if someone could direct me to the part of Pokemon Showdown's code with abilities and moves, that would be much appreciated).

Mega Vanilluxe
Typing
: Ice ---> Ice/Fairy
Ability: Ice Body/Snow Warning/Weak Armor ---> Slush Rush
HP: 71 ---> 71
Atk: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Def: 85 ---> 85
SpA: 115 ---> 160 (+45)
SpD: 95 ---> 105 (+10)
Spe: 79 ---> 104 (+25)
BST: 535 ---> 635 (+100)
Added Moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Focus Blast, Earth Power
Description: Sugar rush lol. In all serious, other sweet-based Pokemon, like Slurpuff and Alcremie, are Fairy-types, so I thought it would be fair for Vanilluxe to receive this typing too. With the ability to set up its own hail for Slush Rush, Vanilluxe becomes a super fast wallbreaker, although it's only able to set up its weather once.
Just to clarify, the Vanillite and its evolutions aren't actually sentient ice-cream cones. They're sentient icicles that just happen to look like ice-cream cones. Ultra Moon spells it out the clearest (and the funniest):
When the morning sun hit an icicle, it wished not to melt, and thus Vanillite was born.
So yeah, taking a lick from Vanilluxe will not grace your taste buds with the sweet taste of vanilla bean. You'll just get a tonguefull of snow.

Snowless_Vanilluxe.jpg

And if you lick too deep, your tongue will probably get stuck on its sub-freezing body.

Mega Klinklang
New Ability: Plus / Minus / Clear Body ----> Steelworker
New Typing: Steel/Electric

New Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 100 ----> 150 (+50)
Defense: 115 ----> 135 (+20)
Special Attack: 70 ----> 80 (+10)
Special Defense: 85 ----> 105 (+20)
Speed: 90 ----> 90
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620
New Moves: Flame Wheel
Description: Steelworker makes sense flavor-wise since machines, which have gears, are invented to help workers do their jobs faster. With Steelworker, Gear Grind gets a total of 150 BP plus the ability to break Focus Sash and Sturdy. Flame Wheel, though low in power, gives it a coverage move to 2HKO Ferrothorn.

Mega Vanilluxe
New Ability : Ice Body / Snow Warning/ Weak Armor ----> Hot Fudge: User's Ice-type moves have 30% chance to burn the opponent. (Similar to Poison Touch)
New Typing: Ice

New Stats:

HP: 71 ----> 71
Attack: 95 ----> 105 (+10)
Defense: 85 ----> 85
Special Attack: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Special Defense: 95 ----> 115 (+20)
Speed: 79 ----> 109 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 535 ----> 635
New Moves: Focus Blast
Description: A hot fudge sundae. Mega Vanilluxe's STAB Ice-type moves have an approximately 37% chance of either burning or freezing the opponent, making it hard to switch into especially with its good 150 Special Attack stat. It would want to run Ice Beam now since Hail only lasts 5 turns, though its hail can still be useful for setting up an Aurora Veil and for chip damage. Weak Armor is also a fine pre-mega ability if you are confident enough that Vanilluxe will have the opportunity to switch into a weak physical move, giving it the ability to sweep. Focus Blast gives it much needed coverage to hit Steel-types hard.

Mega Garbodor
New Ability: Stench / Weak Armor / Aftermath ----> Iron Barbs
New Typing: Poison

New Stats:

HP: 80 ----> 80
Attack: 95 ----> 115 (+20)
Defense: 82 ----> 132 (+50)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 82 ----> 112 (+30)
Speed: 75 ----> 75
Base Stat Total: 474 ----> 574
New Moves: None
Description: Mega Garbodor excels at wearing down physical attackers with the combination of Iron Barbs, Spikes, and the ability to poison the opponent through Toxic or Toxic Spikes. Flavor-wise, Iron Barbs comes from scrap metal thrown into the heap of junk. High overall bulk makes it a consistent hazard setter with Pain Split or Drain Punch for recovery..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)