SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Those move legality posts from earlier reminded me to take a look at the expanded learnset for Metronome for myself now that it's a TM once again with more opportunities to learn or relearn it since Gen 3, and there are some interesting expansion choices that I can get behind, where it seems a lot more lenient to what counts as a finger. The old HOME TM list basically just stuck to the mons that had already had access to it in the past so it's nice to see. Vanilla Metronome battles will have a lot more options to work with now and hopefully gamefreak learns from their mistakes and goes back to the 1v1 style of Metronome battles for their official competitions. Maybe Electabuzz and Magmar can eventually return in DLC to get it back after being snubbed in SWSH as Gen 1 TM learners.

EDIT: On the other hand only Mew naturally learns Metronome by level-up of the mons in this game. I guess they might take Jigglypuff material as a substitute for crafting.

New Metronome gainers:
Galarian Meowth, Perrserker
Psyduck, Golduck
Slowbro, Slowking (+Galarian)
Grimer, Muk (+Alolan)
Haunter (Gengar has had it since Gen 1)
Dragonite
Marill, Azumarill
Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade, Iron Valiant
Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking
Swalot
Grumpig
Floatzel
Lucario
Weavile (not Sneasel or Sneasler)
Hisuian Lilligant (not Unovan)
Gothorita, Gothitelle
Tornadus (not the other genies)
Meloetta
Delphox
Floette, Florges
Toxtricity
Hatenna, Hattrem, Hatterene
Ursaluna (evolution)
Arboliva
Pawmot
Shroodle, Grafaiai
Scream Tail
Iron Hands
Tinkatink, Tinkatuff, Tinkaton
Annihilape (evolution)

EDIT:
I just assumed and didn't check so I did not realize that Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff never learned Metronome. Wow.

Last edited:
Dunsparce is just "level up while knowing Hyper Drill". It learns the move at Level 32, in case you're wondering
Oh, that's cool.

Tbh, the only thing about Dudunsparce that's even remotely interesting to me is that its name reminds me of the Netflix sound before their stuff starts.

*Dudun* :totodiLUL:

Man, 3 days is a long time. I can't wait to get this game (And PkHex).

*Switches in Rough Skin Rocky Helmet Garchomp*
We call that generational blunt force trauma.

Parroting the earlier request to see if Ability Patches are still a one way street. With Machamp not around, there’s not too much reason why not to allow it.

Plus, it’ll let all our Justified Gallades get sharpness now! That’s a problem other people have, right? I’m not the only one who went back into PLA to get a second shiny Gallade without an HA after ability patching the first one… right?

Parroting the earlier request to see if Ability Patches are still a one way street. With Machamp not around, there’s not too much reason why not to allow it.

Plus, it’ll let all our Justified Gallades get sharpness now! That’s a problem other people have, right? I’m not the only one who went back into PLA to get a second shiny Gallade without an HA after ability patching the first one… right?
What are you doing man, just get one in SV!

Do you wanna wait months for Home!? :trode:

How long does salt cure last? 1/8 to 1/4 hp per turn is pretty harsh and you do get to hit with a 40bp attack up front as a bonus, is it like fire spin etc where it last 2-5 turns or curse where its indefinite until switched out?

Meanwhile here I am reading of people "making a team" and wondering "How do you make a team in a game where you can get almost the entire pokedex within the first hour of playing? How do you even decide?"
I can already tell it's going to be like SwSh and PLA for me.

I have a plan, I have a team and then... "Holy shit that purple raid had an Axew"/"Holy shit a wild Chimchar" and all hell breaks loose.

There are definitely a couple of mons I want to try. Maybe I'll fire up that team planner after all.

Other than Skeledirge, Clodsire, Tinkatot I have no clue what my team will be but I usually have a dragon so that will be either the pseudo or if I don't have it at the time a Salamence. I usually try to stick to all new Pokemon. All I know is that I might need something for a ground resist or immunity.

(Context: Supreme Overlord's boost is probably 1.6x max.)

Defiant is better for early-game power, discouraging Defog with your priority user, discouraging Intimidate mons from entering, tanking Iron Valiant's Spirit Break (dude better be within Sucker Punch range at that point), etc.

Supreme Overlord is definitely better for late-game power, especially when you want their remaining fastmons deleted NOW.

I'm more of a Supreme Overlord user than a Defiant user - I prefer later blanket checks and cleaners over agonizing whether they'll Defog or use an attack.

...On that topic, part of me is wondering whether Bisharp is used over Kingambit if both use Defiant. That extra speed will actually matter (e.g. defensive Gholdengo Subs up on max. Speed Adamant Kingambit due to outspeeding the croucher), and we previously weren't complaining about Bisharp's lack of power (although Bisharp losing Knock Off for now will hurt).
I was thinking about Kingambit this morning and how it could be used competitively and then I remembered. Eviolite Bisharp. :psynervous:

Meanwhile here I am reading of people "making a team" and wondering "How do you make a team in a game where you can get almost the entire pokedex within the first hour of playing? How do you even decide?"
I have a personal restriction where I can't change my team members between the third gym and the postgame (unless I need an HM slave in older gens). No clue how this will work this gen, but we'll see.

I'm not sure if this is what you saw but this sounds like the last tab of the SV data spreadsheet made by mattgcn.

View attachment 465841
Tacking onto this and taking it into an ever so slightly different direction, I wanna talk about Primary Flying typing

Before gen 8 the only primary Flying types were Tornadus (Pure) and the Noibat line (Flying/Dragon). With the Noibat line, it was a little brow raising, but one supposes that, as far as primary vs secondary goes, they wanted to "de-emphasize" the Dragon for however much that matters.
Then gen 8 happened
Rookidee & Corvisquire were pure Flying (?!), Corviknight kept that going and became Flying/Steel and even Cramorant was Flying/Water. The only other flying types introduced that gen were the Galrian Legendary Birds & Enamorus, which both kept the typing scheme of their counterparts.

To me it kind of seemed like they were positioning flying to now just be blatantly "Bird" if it was primary. So I was really curious to see how Gen 9's birds would follow! None of them related to old birds, so we have plenty of clearance to see what's up with their plans!

Squawkabilly - Normal/Flying
Killowatrel - Electric/Flying
Bombirdier - Flying/Dark
Flamigo - Flying/Fighting

gamefreak you are killing me specifically

Question, I saw from Centro that movesets would be wiped upon entering SV (a la BDSP and Legends). I have zero idea how this was found/confirmed, give that nothing should be able to go from Home to SV. Maybe something in the data mine? Has this been confirmed at all or is it just rumor/speculation?

As much as I would/will freaking hate that if it’s true, and someone should go shove GF into the Pacific for that dumb idea, one benefit is that it make a two-way patch much more workable. But imo the downsides don’t nearly match the positives if this is the case :/.

Preliminary teams (the share your team button doesn't seem to be working for me)

Scarlet:

Skeledirge
Kilowattrel
Farigiraf
Dudunsparce
Veluza
Breloom (haven't used one in a playthrough in ages)

Violet:

Quaquaval
Paldean Tauros Fire (if its available)
Orthworm
Cyclizar
Glimmora
Brambleghast

Both will likely end up having more members that rotate in and out.

For the people who were translating the internal Pokemon names earlier, could you translate these? I don't know Japanese.
Code:
kusamura
umi
sabaku
iwa
mizu_umi
kuramura
suna_sunahama
mizu_mizutamari
doro
tsuchi
yuki_katai
suna_sabaku
yuki
shiba_kare
mizu_kawa
mizu_ike
kusamura_kare
shiba
dummy
These are attribute values used by files that map an XYZ coordinate and level range to a specific biome and area.

Question, I saw from Centro that movesets would be wiped upon entering SV (a la BDSP and Legends). I have zero idea how this was found/confirmed, give that nothing should be able to go from Home to SV. Maybe something in the data mine? Has this been confirmed at all or is it just rumor/speculation?

As much as I would/will freaking hate that if it’s true, and someone should go shove GF into the Pacific for that dumb idea, one benefit is that it make a two-way patch much more workable. But imo the downsides don’t nearly match the positives if this is the case :/.
There's no evidence for it. It's just an assumption based on how BDSP and LA worked. We won't know until Home support actually releases

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

As far as I know there is absolutely no way for him to know this as there is no code in SV that would permit us this knowledge.

If anyone believes to be false and that there is a way to know, please speak up now. I would much rather not have to wait months for an answer on this meta-defining question.

This small Youtube channel uploaded some videos of catching the Scarlet paradoxes, check 'em out before they get nuked (playlist linked) [edit: videos have been nuked]. If you are trying to avoid non-paradox mons, be warned a few show up in the backgrounds of the video. Also, Roaring Moon's video probably starts off with some story spoiler-ish looking thing, so you might wanna jump a minute or two into that one to skip. Also the last 4 minutes of RM are just chucking ultra balls.

I couldn't resist trying to find videos of the paradoxes because the still photos from the dex and the icons obscure parts of them. Finally getting a good 360 look boosted my opinions of Brute Bonnet and Slither Wing, since there was even more to their designs than I thought. I also wanted to see the back of Flutter Mane's head, and through a combo of the flutter mane video and a close look at the background in the Roaring Moon video I finally got a decent look. Still not as much detail as the rest of the paradoxes sadly, but the way it moves its... wings? is a nice touch, and overall I love everything about Flutter Mane except its stupid name and that snaggle tooth.

Seriously, somebody on the design team for gen 9 has an unhealthy fixation with teeth. First Iono's horrible shark teeth, and then several mons have saw teeth, and then FM and Gholdengo both have a snaggle tooth. Why.

In other news, the number of mons I have managed to avoid seeing is a small list now, and I hope I can save the appearance of at least a few of those for my own in game discovery.

Last edited:
As far as I know there is absolutely no way for him to know this as there is no code in SV that would permit us this knowledge.

If anyone believes to be false and that there is a way to know, please speak up now. I would much rather not have to wait months for an answer on this meta-defining question.
I wouldn't say there isn't a way to check necessarily, if the code wipes the movepool of a pokemon its when they enter the game, not when they enter home, the event would be fired from scarlet/violet to wipe them. Unless home itself goes the extra mile and checks the game its being transferred to and wipes them itself before sending the data.

Idk if BDSP works that way too, I don't think home necessarily wipes movepools of stuff going into it, just shit leaving it into other games where its applicable, otherwise you'd have your SWSH mons with 4 empty slots even if you don't bring them to scarlet/violet.

Its worth someone else 2nd opinioning it just to be sure because centro never sourced who mined it whether or not they're bullshitting, but the ranked eligibility update that swsh got so you can use transferred mons legally in battle spot and BDSP having an aneurism with movesets seems leaning towards highly believable.

Half the team is simple for me: I always use my Starter and the Regional Bird, with the bird traditionally being named "Bob" or "Barbra Anne". As for the third member, well after seeing that we are getting a Bread Dog I knew I had to use it and name it "Sanallite".

If you know then you'll understand.

As for the rest of the team... good question. I'll wing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)