CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 4

How much Base Stat Total should our new Pokemon have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyra, can I post base stat spreads? My ideas seem to be different from almost everyone's and I really want variety in the stats poll.

See Doug's post. You are Sanjay numbers. I forgot what numbers you had when making the OP. Plus numbers sounds cooler than 120.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
just reposting this, so more people see it.

125/110/70/60/85/75 total 525

ok, i will explain my spread

125 HP so it can take hits on both quite easily. ghosts sometimes have high hp, like driftblim.

110 attack, so its a tank not a wall, their are some tanks that have high attack, donphan has base 120.

70 defence is good enough with 125 base HP, but low enough to still be hurt by powerful nutral phy. attacks

60 sp.attack is not to be used, but with a 4x efective HP it could just aout hurt some things.

85 sp. def so it can absorb non super efective attacks quite easily, but still be hurt by the most powerful of them.

75 speed alows it to beat the base 70 group, and alows it to be used as a sweeper if you invest masivly in speed.

any sugestions for tweaks?
i was thinking of maybe puting 5 defence into speed, it would be a very efective bulk up user, and make choice scarf more viable.

Voted uber, simply because I couldn't decide and I didn't want my vote to count in the event of a close race. My vote goes to FSS's spread.

just reposting this, so more people see it.

125 HP so it can take hits on both quite easily. ghosts sometimes have high hp, like driftblim. I suggest Lowering the Hp to 90-110. It won't need too much HP.

110 attack, so its a tank not a wall, their are some tanks that have high attack, donphan has base 120. I think this is fine.

70 defence is good enough with 125 base HP, but low enough to still be hurt by powerful nutral phy. attacks If you take from HP, put at least 20 more BST here. 90 is a nice number for a Tank.

60 sp.attack is not to be used, but with a 4x efective HP it could just aout hurt some things. Makes sense.

85 sp. def so it can absorb non super efective attacks quite easily, but still be hurt by the most powerful of them. We voted on a Physical Pokemon, so the Defensae has to be higher than SpDef. Idk why people didn't see that. Or I read the end result wrong.

75 speed alows it to beat the base 70 group, and alows it to be used as a sweeper if you invest masivly in speed. I am somewhat sure that the final out come was 65 speed or less. I will double check that and the Def. thing right now.

any sugestions for tweaks?
i was thinking of maybe puting 5 defence into speed, it would be a very efective bulk up user, and make choice scarf more viable.
I think 100/110/90/60/85/65.

EDIT:
Should our new Ghost/Fighting Pokemon be offensive, defensive, or balanced?
Offensive - 20 votes - 24.39%
Defensive - 6 votes - 7.31%
Balanced - 56 votes - 68.29%

Will our new Pokemon be Physical, Special, or Mixed (this applies to both attack and defense). You can vote different ways for each one if you really feel the need (ala Gallade).
Physical - 30 votes - 68.18%
Special - 8 votes - 18.18%
Mixed - 6 votes - 13.64%

Last question:

How fast will our new Pokemon be? Options are slow (<60 speed), medium (60-85 speed), fast (90-110), and then really fast (>115 speed).
Slow - 7 votes - 12.96%
Medium - 34 votes - 62.96%
Fast - 10 votes - 18.52%
Really Fast - 3 votes - 5.56%
According to the polls: It will be balanced in Physical prowess. So 100-120 Hp/100-120 Atk/85-95 Def. I think, the HP should be lower than the Attack. So my above tweak of Eric's stands. According to the Poll, Def. > than SpDef.

i hate the idea of this being slower than heracross with such great stab i want this thing to be whored like heracross D: something this awesome deserves awesome stats 526-545 is the only way to go with such awesomness

105/110/95/55/95/85 is my idea for a EV spread

105 HP any good defensive resist wants a good HP stat

110 attack because we wanted this to be physical and i feel this is a good number

95 defense sould be enough for most physcial hits with that HP

55 special attack for throwaway Base stat

95 special defense because since i want it balanced defensively

and 85 just so its not lead footed because in the

base stat total 535

stop nerfing this thing because of the awesome stab embrace it and vote 526-545

Don't look at me. I voted for FAST. I was just saying this should be what the poll ended up as. But, who cares if it is slower then Hera? Hera does didly to this guy.

Since it's clear that 500-525 is going to win, I might as well discuss in detail my stat spread so when the time arrive, I actually have a decent explaintion for it. Bear with me as I'm the type of person that prefer to not explain things much so I might be leaving shit out.

90/105/100/70/95/65 = 525
90 HP give this guy 384 max, prefect leftover recovery number. The 90 HP coupled with it's defense make it a pretty good tank as well.

105 Attack give it enough power to threaten things while still being not too powerful.

100 Defense is there so it can take hit pretty well on the physical side.

70 Sp. Atk, low enough so it couldn't go on the mix sweep party but still usable enough to give some physical walls a dent or two, got to do some damage calcs first.

95 Sp. Def so it could take at least one of two special hit(s) from some of the special attackers that it meets.

65 Speed is there so it can outspeed most of the pokemon sitting on the 60 range, including T-tar.

Doming some damage calc right now to see how much this thing can take and/or dish.

Might as well put this in writing. You guys have until Friday to get these Base Stat spreads finalized. I know it seems very slow, especially considering BST already seems decided, but we have a whole other part of this Pokemon that needs to be created. I want the artists to have plenty of time to put forwards their best ideas, especially since we are doing art after we decide the Stat Spread.

Yeah, so basically on Friday, PM me the stat spreads you guys are happy with (ONLY PEOPLE MENTIONED IN OP!).

Voted 500-525. With such good typing, really high stats would make it pretty imbalanced. Physically skewed in terms of attack, enough speed to outspeed the stuff it is supposed to counter and physically skewed in terms of defences, and generally more bulky than sweeperish. Dunno what exact stats to give cuz I'm not good enough for that yet......

seconded on that automatic. i think that's the one i'd actually vote for, beating out doug's, which i had favored previously. maybe move five points from special attack into one of the other defensive stats, to make it even less capable of mixed attacking.

question: could we see this thing getting icy wind? i can certainly conceive a ghost/fighting type using that type of ice attack, chilling the air with its presence...just a thought....

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
normal-me
bold-gengarcrisis
underlined-me

125 HP so it can take hits on both quite easily. ghosts sometimes have high hp, like driftblim.
I suggest Lowering the Hp to 90-110. It won't need too much HP.
the high HP is what sets my spread apart, HP is vastly important in the amount of damage this thing will take, and balences well with the lowish defences.

110 attack, so its a tank not a wall, their are some tanks that have high attack, donphan has base 120. I think this is fine.

70 defence is good enough with 125 base HP, but low enough to still be hurt by powerful nutral phy. attacks
If you take from HP, put at least 20 more BST here. 90 is a nice number for a Tank.
70 is actuly fine if i leave the HP, and its better to have 125/70 than 90/90.

60 sp.attack is not to be used, but with a 4x efective HP it could just about hurt some things. Makes sense.
ok

85 sp. def so it can absorb non super efective attacks quite easily, but still be hurt by the most powerful of them. We voted on a Physical Pokemon, so the Defensae has to be higher than SpDef. Idk why people didn't see that. Or I read the end result wrong.
you read it wrong, here is a part of hyras post:
be mostly Physical based in its manner of attacks

75 speed alows it to beat the base 70 group, and alows it to be used as a sweeper if you invest masivly in speed. I am somewhat sure that the final out come was 65 speed or less. I will double check that and the Def. thing right now.
here is anoter part of hyras post:
and have somewhere between 60 and 85 speed.

any other sugestions for tweaks?
i was thinking maybe more HP or speed?

@ Eric's way too many times quoted post:

1) You are replying to GengarCrysis92, not DJD.
2) 75 speed is the most mediocre you could get. Basically, you are faster than Skarmory and no speed Metagross. Everyone else at 70 runs a lot of speed EV's (like Breloom), so they can outspeed the base 60/61 stuff. A lot of Pokemon in this range also use Speed boosting moves. I would suggest either removing 5 speed or adding 5 speed so that it gets out of that horrible range.

@ Urza:
I don't see why not, but I don't see why it has to. Why remove some of its best counters (Crobat, Gliscor, and Salamence) from the equation. This is even more important, because all of those are usually physically based, so even with low SAtk, Icy Wind will hurt.

I don't see why not, but I don't see why it has to. Why remove some of its best counters (Crobat, Gliscor, and Salamence) from the equation. This is even more important, because all of those are usually physically based, so even with low SAtk, Icy Wind will hurt.
Crobat does fine againest it, even with Icy Wind, Sala and Gliscor are not so, almost 2 to 3HKO'd by a no sp.atk ev, neutral nature, 70 base stat special attack. Check to see how Eric's fares.

Crobat does fine againest it, even with Icy Wind, Sala and Gliscor are not so, almost 2 to 3HKO'd by a no sp.atk ev, neutral nature, 70 base stat special attack. Check to see how Eric's fares.
I would say lowering Crobat's speed is the most damage you could do to it ever. Crobat isn't worth much with its Speed reduced to a maximum of 263. Sure, it's remedied by switching, but theoretically, a base 75 Speed Pokemon can run a +Speed Nature and Max out speed to outspeed that, making Crobat hardly a counter anymore. I think we definitely have to say no to Icy Wind.

I would say lowering Crobat's speed is the most damage you could do to it ever. Crobat isn't worth much with its Speed reduced to a maximum of 263. Sure, it's remedied by switching, but theoretically, a base 75 Speed Pokemon can run a +Speed Nature and Max out speed to outspeed that, making Crobat hardly a counter anymore. I think we definitely have to say no to Icy Wind.
Kinda made the assumption you was referring to how much damage this thing could do to those three using Icy Wind rather than the effect of lower their speed by 1 but I see that with Icy Wind, it would make a bit of a challege to counter. Movepool and ability would also dictact how it's supposed counter counter it.

Speaking of ability, how does one justify certain abilities like Technician or Pressure on our creation?

Kinda made the assumption you was referring to how much damage this thing could do to those three using Icy Wind rather than the effect of lower their speed by 1 but I see that with Icy Wind, it would make a bit of a challege to counter. Movepool and ability would also dictact how it's supposed counter counter it.

Speaking of ability, how does one justify certain abilities like Technician or Pressure on our creation?
Pressure because its a Ghost and all Ghosts get Pressure. Technician I really don't see it getting. Technician+Mach Punch+Shadow Sneak+Bulk Up = deadly. Hitmontop is the only Fighting type to get Technician, so its not a stable of the type.

Pressure because its a Ghost and all Ghosts get Pressure. Technician I really don't see it getting. Technician+Mach Punch+Shadow Sneak+Bulk Up = deadly. Hitmontop is the only Fighting type to get Technician, so its not a stable of the type.
You know the funniest thing about your post here is that I actually based my thinking and somewhat my stat spread on it have Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Shadow Sneak, and Technician all in one kit and i'm not kidding you. I had dreams(lol) and ideas on how having those three attacks and that ability to make it both overpowering and balance...not at the same time man you as I first went to how having all that on something with 105 attack would be overpowering. In the end and have done some damage calcs to confirm my belief, I decided that Tech, Bulk up'd, Mach punch/shadow sneak would make it a bitch in a half to counter it. To make a long story short, I agree that giving something like thing Technician would not be a good thing for many reasons.

eric the espeon

@ Eric's way too many times quoted post:
sorry about that, it was neer the bottom of a page the first time posted it. and i like to reply by reposting and replying to each bit.

1) You are replying to GengarCrysis92, not DJD.
ops edited
2) 75 speed is the most mediocre you could get. Basically, you are faster than Skarmory and no speed Metagross. Everyone else at 70 runs a lot of speed EV's (like Breloom), so they can outspeed the base 60/61 stuff. A lot of Pokemon in this range also use Speed boosting moves. I would suggest either removing 5 speed or adding 5 speed so that it gets out of that horrible range.

you make a good point, i was kinda unhappy with the speed. i would however like to have more than 70 speed and less than 80 to outspeed no-speed base 70s, and still fit wit the medium speed idea. how about base 72? i could add 3 points to the defence, or even remove 2 points from defence?

so it would look like 125/110/73 or 68/60/85/72 total 525 or 520

if it's getting all those things, the defenses should be great with only average attack. it'd be awesome for a technician/bulk up/mach punch/shadow sneak-er (haha, sneaker) to exist, but it can't have good attack to start if it does. or, it would need to not be able to get all three together. can you imagine how evil a set of bulk up/mach punch/shadow sneak/pain split or memento, or some other ghostly i'm gonna screw you over if you kill me move would be? more evil than flinch-hax togekiss, because it wouldn't even be cheap technically speaking.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't think Icy Wind matters on this pokemon. I agree that it might make sense, depending on the design.

Icy Wind is a low-BP un-STABed special move. Since almost all the spreads for this pokemon have a low Sp. Atk, it seems like a very poor move for it. The speed drop is OK, but not gamebreaking at all. The only time I've ever run Icy Wind was on a CM Suicune in the Emerald battle tower. I only did that after Jumpman pimped it so hard. In the end, it was very debatable that it was better than Ice Beam. In competitive play, I don't think I've ever seen it, at least not off the top of my head. It's a borderline move, at best. For a pokemon without Sp. Atk, I don't see it usable at all. If someone wants to put it on this pokemon, they are probably wasting a moveslot.

By the way, the effect of frightening the opponent so badly that they freeze/slow down, is already implemented as a move... Scary Face says hi.

I don't think Icy Wind matters on this pokemon. I agree that it might make sense, depending on the design.

Icy Wind is a low-BP un-STABed special move. Since almost all the spreads for this pokemon have a low Sp. Atk, it seems like a very poor move for it. The speed drop is OK, but not gamebreaking at all. The only time I've ever run Icy Wind was on a CM Suicune in the Emerald battle tower. I only did that after Jumpman pimped it so hard. In the end, it was very debatable that it was better than Ice Beam. In competitive play, I don't think I've ever seen it, at least not off the top of my head. It's a borderline move, at best. For a pokemon without Sp. Atk, I don't see it usable at all. If someone wants to put it on this pokemon, they are probably wasting a moveslot.

By the way, the effect of frightening the opponent so badly that they freeze/slow down, is already implemented as a move... Scary Face says hi.
When it 2HKO's your common counters, Icy Wind is game breaking. Gliscor and Salamence deserve to stay on the counter list. Gothic Togekiss already showed that with 70 SAtk and no EVs it is capable of doing this. I really don't want this to get any Rock or Ice moves (I would say no Electric moves, but all Ghosts get TBolt).

When it 2HKO's your common counters, Icy Wind is game breaking. Gliscor and Salamence deserve to stay on the counter list. Gothic Togekiss already showed that with 70 SAtk and no EVs it is capable of doing this. I really don't want this to get any Rock or Ice moves (I would say no Electric moves, but all Ghosts get TBolt).
Ghost/Fight with 70 base sp.atk, No sp. atk EV, Netuarl natued,using Icy Wind on a 120/0 Hp/Sp.Def Salamence: 41.00% - 48.20%

Ghost/Fight with the same crap againest a 252/0 Hp/Sp. def Gliscor: 43.79% - 51.69%

Ghost/Fight againest 252/0 Hp/Sp.def Crobat(trapper set): 19.79% - 23.26%

If you add SR and maybe Sandstorm damage, then yeah...Sala and Sco are 2HKO'd by it lol

Ghost/Fight with 7o base sp.atk, No sp. atk EV, Netuarl natued,using Icy Wind on a 120/0 Hp/Sp.Def Salamence: 41.00% - 48.20%

Ghost/Fight with the same crap againest a 252/0 Hp/Sp. def Gliscor: 43.79% - 51.69%

Ghost/Fight againest 252/0 Hp/Sp.def Crobat(trapper set): 19.79% - 23.26%

If you add SR and maybe Sandstorm damage, then yeah...Sala and Sco are 2HKO'd by it lol
Eh, we'll see. It just seems like too much engineering this to be able to remove its counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)