NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
doing this is how i get locktowned every game btw so i think its quite helpful to do as town for other players to observe
I mean I thought of doing it but then realized I was wasting 40 minutes of my life with how much of that shit was filler. Like... is this what the revival era is? Yeesh

Speaking of though I'm running an ISO on AG now since he's top wagon and is in the unique position of having both a town popcorn game and a scum one to compare with

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I no longer agree with this if you'd been reading. at the time these 3 were fluffing and wanted them to knock it off. pulsar hasn't stopped but cele and LS have gotten better
to be fair had you not pressured me i'd probably be less productive in thread currently so i have to thank you for getting me going too
TBF I think LS was a primary contributor by the time I started caring about the game a little bit so I feel like she was doing fine regardless but eh whatever. Similarly you had 0 impact on the posts I made in this game your pressure meant nothing to me lol

Celever

i am town
do you think hes mafia?
I think he dies early so my opinion doesn’t matter enough for me to try and think on it. Thread dynamics say probably not, AG is somewhat immune to that type of read historically, he’s having bad takes which are honestly more common for him when he is scum, but he’s also had less takes in general. The above saying he’s played Popcorn twice before isn’t good for him cos it makes the “don’t shoot inactives” take significantly worse tho imo

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think he dies early so my opinion doesn’t matter enough for me to try and think on it. Thread dynamics say probably not, AG is somewhat immune to that type of read historically, he’s having bad takes which are honestly more common for him when he is scum, but he’s also had less takes in general. The above saying he’s played Popcorn twice before isn’t good for him cos it makes the “don’t shoot inactives” take significantly worse tho imo
I'm reading him not for his takes but because his posts look performative

Celever

i am town
I'm reading him not for his takes but because his posts look performative
For me I struggle to discriminate his town and scum town besides the one game I locked him as scum because he was giving off extreme himbo vibes lol. His tone changes just enough every game regardless of faction that it’s hard to find consistency there, and he has seemed performative as town too

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Man formerly known as Flyhn and is stuck with that name on forums sates his ISO addiction Part 1

Cycle 1 AG ISO

#34 - Shoot Zippy for asking for gun
#40 - Agree with Clouds that pulsar feels off
#41 - Reinforces 34
#48 - Agrees with me not to heroshoot, going to deadline is smart
#50 - Backs down slightly from "shoot immediately"
#56 - Article banter, "I always roll scum"
#67 - Psy posting style comment, asks him to ask questions since he's IC
#91 - Repeating #67 basically
#94 - More gunbearer banter -3-
#284 - Correcting Psy on amount of scum. Say who we're shooting tossed as a strategy. Dusk good, look into Celever
#289 - "Misread Celever stuff" in response to LS saying voting's basically the same as his proposed strategy last post
#370 - Catches up, joins Dusk wagon
#381 - "This" a clarification about the vote
#530 - Reads! Celever towny, Ehmcee pocketing gun is excuseable, LS/pulsar feels T/T, Dusk scummy, everyone else filler filler filler
#607- Agrees with Psy "threadstate sucks"
#625 - Idlers probably town
#646 - "Not myself" in response to Psy's "throwing because scumroll again?"
#653 - Justifies #625 when Celever disagrees, points out recent game with lots of town modkills
#658 - Hard to care with all the filler
#660 - Wants a Dusk shot, doesn't want idlers shot, shoot people who want gun
#689 - Doubtful there's a mix of active/inactive scum
#692- "At least not signifigant" to above
And... that's it

....wow okay this doesn't feel like any AG I've seen and significantly worse.

Only going to compare to his Cycle 1 in the previous games so I don't go insane and I'm not going to notetake since... posting an ISO from a completely different game is excessive even for my analytical-block-loving ass.

AG read a lot better in BOTH previous games to the point where this comparison isn't helping me get a read on him NEARLY as well as I'd hoped going in. Game 1 as scum he basically pushed HARD to get a miss-shot on Haruno for.... being early Haruno. And in the second game as town he was.. a lot less tunnel-visioned and posted more.

Since I've been working at this for a while and mulling it over, and don't wanna keep y'all waiting any longer, (and have a postcount requirement to meet with overnight work and Big Brother also on my plate hhh), I'll leave this here and look at some revival games of AG's as well to see if the comparison to those helps me solve this better.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Okay yeah, looking over his two recent games this seems more tonally reminiscent of Joat (scum AG) than VnV (town AG). A lot more... quippy is how I'd describe it

Vote Aura Guardian for now, tommy's getting the next ISO since he's the second highest wagon and I can meta him with another popcorn game as well

Man formerly known as Flyhn and is stuck with that name on forums sates his ISO addiction Part 1

Cycle 1 AG ISO

#34 - Shoot Zippy for asking for gun
#40 - Agree with Clouds that pulsar feels off
#41 - Reinforces 34
#48 - Agrees with me not to heroshoot, going to deadline is smart
#50 - Backs down slightly from "shoot immediately"
#56 - Article banter, "I always roll scum"
#67 - Psy posting style comment, asks him to ask questions since he's IC
#91 - Repeating #67 basically
#94 - More gunbearer banter -3-
#284 - Correcting Psy on amount of scum. Say who we're shooting tossed as a strategy. Dusk good, look into Celever
#289 - "Misread Celever stuff" in response to LS saying voting's basically the same as his proposed strategy last post
#370 - Catches up, joins Dusk wagon
#381 - "This" a clarification about the vote
#530 - Reads! Celever towny, Ehmcee pocketing gun is excuseable, LS/pulsar feels T/T, Dusk scummy, everyone else filler filler filler
#607- Agrees with Psy "threadstate sucks"
#625 - Idlers probably town
#646 - "Not myself" in response to Psy's "throwing because scumroll again?"
#653 - Justifies #625 when Celever disagrees, points out recent game with lots of town modkills
#658 - Hard to care with all the filler
#660 - Wants a Dusk shot, doesn't want idlers shot, shoot people who want gun
#689 - Doubtful there's a mix of active/inactive scum
#692- "At least not signifigant" to above
And... that's it

....wow okay this doesn't feel like any AG I've seen and significantly worse.

Only going to compare to his Cycle 1 in the previous games so I don't go insane and I'm not going to notetake since... posting an ISO from a completely different game is excessive even for my analytical-block-loving ass.

AG read a lot better in BOTH previous games to the point where this comparison isn't helping me get a read on him NEARLY as well as I'd hoped going in. Game 1 as scum he basically pushed HARD to get a miss-shot on Haruno for.... being early Haruno. And in the second game as town he was.. a lot less tunnel-visioned and posted more.

Since I've been working at this for a while and mulling it over, and don't wanna keep y'all waiting any longer, (and have a postcount requirement to meet with overnight work and Big Brother also on my plate hhh), I'll leave this here and look at some revival games of AG's as well to see if the comparison to those helps me solve this better.
this is a good recap, it doesnt do much else other than that though(at least for me) but the fact you're willing to sink your teeth in for a valid reason to vote this is a good note.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)