NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wait so there were 5 guys on AG early d1 and they all got off? and then flyhn got on as the first vote?

i was going to town flyhn but if people were sussing AG before that then it's not as impressive. maybe i will need to read back from the start fully

how is celever core town for you. i feel like ive barely read anything from him except that he's "low effort"
Purely a mindset read, there was a post day 1 that I felt I understood perfectly, but in terms of game content they don't deserve to be there

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
just shoot caffeine, even when he was online and I caught the slip or whatever he was trying to do he was frozen in thread for like 20 minutes not saying anything

still hasn't really mentioned how his play helps town at all even if he..."intended it" or whatever

if he's town then he's basically just ensured mafia get a misskill for free, but there's no avoiding the fact he must die for how he's played regardless
i reacted in 2 mins, wtf?

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
started reading isos and then got sidetracked by irl, but here's what i sifted through:

HydrogenHydreigon
the insistence on stating when he's leaving & arrived to thread is strange, lol. it's not that out of left field if this is in the same vein of him saying gm all the time in eimm, but like in general i think that sort of thread approach breaks slightly more mafia that feels the need to cough up content. there's nothing standout that makes hydro appear scummy to me though, and he falls somewhere close to whydon for me in that i just have no idea on him

claimed to be hard townreading chad due to "personal bias" in #1191 so i doubt hydro is partnered with chad off of that alone

pulsar512b
back & forth reading through her iso and i'd see a post that gutread scum followed by a post that seemed townie multiple times. i read through some of the game she played with AG as a partner and her presence was different than it is here, in the sense that she hard avoided game talk early on and literally just chatted. despite still being somewhat present here, she airs a few game thoughts and there's posts like #1631 & #1636 where i'm like... is this even something you'd see written about a partner that's being bussed? defending AG on the grounds of being "inactive" is weird i guess cause he didn't seem inactive to me, i'm just partial towards any defense of AG there and don't think it fits the obvious scum hellbus narrative

then #454 is killing me i can't tell if this is like a slip and she's townspewing celever or i'm just reading too far into it, or even possibly a partnered post cause what tf does it accomplish other than echo aired sentiments and why did she choose to double up on that to celever directly

ChadMD
chad is super different this game, anyone who's played with chad before can see this here and my first thought in trying to rationalize why he seems so uncomfortable in thread was that he rolled scum & he was unfamiliar with his partners or something or just didn't want to be mafia

reading back his posts feel so disconnected. #2340 can be burned up, #687 might just be straight up his way of handling having tmi on me, overall there's so much less than i expected to see from him and like two posts max that i thought broke slightly townie in his full iso. didn't want him shot day 1 for reasons, now would be a good time to ko as there's been no improvement

Thunder~BALLZ
haven't had any high raised red flags with tibbz, #1922 is the one post that stood out to me cause it reads like he may have been informed about ag flipping mafia but aside from that he's just whatever. i don't want tbz shot either beause he's tbz, or because i think his alignment will become more evident soon enough

you can decide which one is the truth for yourself...

master oden
treatment of ag reads like a bus reading it back cause of how strong the stance was, but that's the one major downside and the most of the rest of his posting is so gutsy if he's mafia. felt like this slot was town day 1, after catching up on him i'm still leaning that way but he fell off just a touch in comparison to his opening day. still someone i'm comfortable saying we don't shoot here, and if it wasn't for the dumb ag thing i'd probably clear him

JALMONT (ZippyDoo200)
in a disturbing twist of events, this is now my top town slot since i'm struggling to make sense of a zippy/ag partnership ever existing given zippy's approach to ag's slot, and the way he defended ag looks like overconfident villager reading back knowing ag was scum now. i'd read that end of day over a thousand times and still think zippy was mafia sticking his neck out for ag due to being informed that ag was town, but now that ag's flipped mafia it's reversed that and i can see where i began to confbias here

jalmont entry is reinforcing this so far, and this should be a positive change for that slot i'd hope

Flyhn
should just be town, was the fire before the fuel for the AG vote and planted on it which i see more likely to be a cause for mafia to bus as opposed to flyhn bussing himself. there's a level of depth to a few of his thoughts that isn't easily faked, #2067 is an example of this, and in general it tends to not be his larger posts that make me feel anything but instead posts similar to that one where it just feels like you can see the gears turning when reading

the one drawback is that there's some busywork in his recap posts that doesn't mold into any analysis, but i know some players prefer to do this sort of thing to organize thoughts so i don't have any glaring issues with it beyond thinking there's more than needs to be there

Flyhn your iso has virtually no filler so it's funny to read your answer to me in #98

Texas Cloverleaf
looking back he has some serious 180s in his reads like with realiti and pulsar, and they appear fairly reactionary which is more of a positive than negative when you look at surrounding context for both. should probably be once bitten, twice shy here considering i hard tr'd him last time we played together and he was mafia, i just find myself nodding my head to several of his posts and agreeing with him more than basically anyone

then his progression on me from sr to tl to sr does not seem agenda'd... i had some internal worries at first that him switching his read to tl on me during day 1 was a convenience thing due to me finding his posting townie and that it'd suddenly be viable to keep me around, but then he switched back to a scumread when my stance on him hasn't even changed so i have a hard time seeing the mafia incentive there unless he thinks i'm a viable mislim

Texas Cloverleaf i don't see things from the same lens as you in #2,227 though. mafia definitely didn't care about saving AG there, so "not having enough to make a tie" doesn't matter in this case. i think i understand what you're trying to get at, it just doesn't hold water in my eyes

Whydon
i want him in the game cause he's whydon, but i'm mildly afraid of wolfsiding again since my ego's bent up atm. #858 is the sole game related post i could find from him, and it's a null read on flyhn which doesn't say much. without anything else here it's impossible to get an idea, would expect maybe a little more effort as mafia but i've seen him troll as both alignments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

towncore is jalmont, realiti, flyhn and secondary additions would be oj, texas

if i had gun and had to instant shoot right now, i'd shoot chad here. if aiming for a likely AG busser, then tommy

sidenote that i'm working long hours right now and so it's tough for me to be active during weekdays, so if i wind up becoming an uncertain poe slot then please give me gun tonight or some day heading into a weekend vs during the weekdays cause i won't be able to parse enough before making a shot then. this game should be pretty solvable regardless, and ag flipping mafia was best case scenario due to day 1 dynamics
That lack of agenda in this post is alarming

Texas Cloverleaf

what the hell makes you think that mafia whydon comes storming into thread with a pitchfork going "texas scum" day 2 when all he's done this game is sit there
I've gotten approximately zero pressure and a scum team with people who know me is unlikely to let me run around doing my thing. Whydon in games I've played with them tends to play hard one or two cycles in any given game, and they're the most capable that I know of putting hard pressure to convince other people not listen to me

Analysis:
Post 661: Looks a lot like just a joke to me. Don't like it, but doesn't feel AI.

CB... will shoot on vibes and not wait long. Wonders why people scumread him without refuting it. Lots of jokes, not sure if asking for Texas to be shot for nominative determinism was a joke? Probably? Goes against Psy's democracy idea (ftr, I find re-adding it that way both hilarious and a worthy experiment). Says' he'd shoot HH, Tex, and Flyhn. Not sure about the TBZ reaction. Lambasts me for trusting something Dusk said, which is fair... Says he'd go after me.
Early Conclusion: shooting him if he's town would promptly get two town dead. I'm dubious about shooting him for now.

Ehmcee: Seems to misunderstand the rules? READ THE MANUAL. Am I the only one who does that? Oh, but here's the thing: also knew there were 6 mafia, despite the misunderstanding. Argues for shooting Celever, sorta TRs TBZ? Whole bunch of joking without much content, then gets serious. Suggests randshooting. In the first two games, that was actually an optimal strategy. I tried to calculate it for parity, but my Python interpreter isn't working. Then joins in liking Psy's democracy innovation. Argues for shooting anyone who says they wouldn't give Psy the gun, and I can see why. That's an anti-realiti. Then TRs Zippy. Celever grows on him, CB does not.
Conclusion: Probably Town

Sticking on Zippy for now, though I could change it because treatment + work + looking at other people made me forget other than that I scumread him before and nothing came up to change that. Also willing to swap to CB.
Is one of caff mc scum

Texas Cloverleaf

this read is actually a worse look for you than others because you (should?) know about me and bussing I think?
Thing with this is the only evidence that I've seen of you 'bussing' was the one point in time where you and AG cross voted each other, aside from that you didn't really push him and weren't on his wagon at w
Eod

This ma
I'd mainly say that I just haven't been reading that much into the game by now, g1 tends to be the one with the least tangible info at least imo, and especially with the amount of people we're running with I find it quite hard to base reads on interactions.

Tbh, both those posts were the main ones that stuck out to me when I was ISOing Zippy, I've just never seen that kind of behaviour from them during any of their town games (which is all of them).

I don't feel any particular kind of way about AG atm, I wouldn't say I'd be opposed to shooting them
kes me feel Things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)