NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
LS being the only person on both majority wagons outside gunbearer Psy is.... also interesting but idk what it means. Is sheeping the gunbearer AI?
im on a tablet and have just finished a religious meal so typing is hard and my head is a little clouded but im not gonna lie after the AG townread-into-lockvote I placed on Caff (similar situation for me where psy and I were disagreeing on reads) rather than Chad (meta stuff on a guy I don’t know). But yeah not gonna lie I didn’t exactly have any push personally to like, not back Psy‘s reads and stuff.

I think LS has had a commanding sway over momentum so this is a causation thing rather than a correlation thing

I just also don’t think she’s been significantly wrong lol
wdym commanding sway over momentum?

I actually don't think clouds is a bad place to look, I'm generally very suspicious of everyone on the zippy wagon and then the no vote yesterday? but it's also hard to put a lot of stock in those votes on zippy given the sub so I have to be a little more forgiving of how people read him. I'm not sure I agree clouds flip really gives us a lot the man is so vanilla I can't remember anything they;ve posted

for consistency's sake I'd still like to shoot within HH/whydon/chad but I grant that all of the sudden movement onto chad is maybe mafia motivated.

i tried to put my thoughts on everyone itg but there's so many people and I ran into overlapping categories. I'll try again later. everytime i look at the vote count I start to wonder about Texas but even if the results don't match up, the motivation does. ugh. come back to that i guess.

I mean the two trains of thought on how the mafia play is they have to be aggressive and force misfires OR try and float as much as possible and just hope to get by.

I'm way more concerned by the latter than the former since I think we're much more equipped to handle to former. EG if Texas is throwing random shit out there (which i don't think he is), we're way more likely to figure that out in a lylo situation. since no nightkills, there's no way for mafia to shut up on the right track town beyond the vengeful mafia, which is kind of a crapshoot anyways. I do kind of wonder how aggressive the mafia plays this game with so many players. being aggressive early is more risky so they take a backseat? the lack of voting movement late feels off to me given recent smogon meta of loving vote changes. feels like it would be pretty easy to place a couple random votes and flash wagon onto someone off AG.

I suppose I would try and position the vengeful player to be aggro as possible to try and draw attention to themselves. So that suggests to me it's probably on a low activity person since I would expect celever+dusk and maybe a few others to be playing differently if they were. That feels off though - is anyone on the mafia actually thinking about this?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tbz gets no more credit from me, iirc that was based on them backing Ehmcee when I was pushing for their vote d1

According to dusk that meta on whydon is no longer relevant so *shrug*

We’re just gonna s
VOTECOUNT 2.5 (FINAL EDITION)
CaffeineBoost (6) - Duskfall98, Celever, Psypsypsypsypsythe, master oden, Lady Salamence, Texas Cloverleaf
ChadMD (4) - pulsar512b, skippergamez, Ehmcee, CaffeineBoost
Ehmcee
(1) - realiti
Thunder~BallZ (1) - JALMONT
Not Voting (6) - HydrogenHydreigon, ChadMD, Thunder~BALLZ, Flyhn, Whydon, Clouds
chad and Clouds- DNV
realiti- on town
VOTECOUNT 1.12 (FINAL EDITION)
Aura Guardian (5) - Flyhn, Lady Salamence, skippergamez, Psypsypsypsypsythe, pulsar512b
ZippyDoo200 (3) - Clouds, Ehmcee, Aura Guardian
Ehmcee (3) - Thunder~BALLZ, realiti, Texas Cloverleaf
CaffeineBoost (2) - Duskfall98, master oden
skippergamez (1) - ZippyDoo200
master oden (1) - Celever
Not Voting (4) HydrogenHydreigon, ChadMD, CaffeineBoost, Whydon

just so that you claimed you got asked and ignored. this is really lazy from you and i really dont expect you to do this even with me enabling you on it
Chad- DNV
realiti- town
Clouds- Zippy/Jalmont (with AG)
Cel- oden (my townread)

hmm

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
skippergamez, please do the following:

- start with 6 totodile
- if mafia, add 4
- if mafia, subtract 11
- if town, multiply by 2
- if town, divide by 3
- if town, add the number of people that have the first name skipper in sweden according to this database
- if mafia, subtract the number of letters in your username
- if town, add the factorial of the number of letters in my username
- if mafia, add the pokedex number of phanpy
- if town, subtract the pokedex number of electrike

what is your ending :totodile: count?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)