Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Mud Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

best hazards setter in the tier, mud shot is here for annoy opponent by lowering his speed, this is really helpful with setup Pokémon, and can act as an emergency lower speed
Spikes ça be replaced by a coverage, stealth rock and mortal spin are mandatory

RMT coming soon….

Let’s stop it no ?
Well, I don’t see glimorra these times, so I decided to run this

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Mud Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

best hazards setter in the tier, mud shot is here for annoy opponent by lowering his speed, this is really helpful with setup Pokémon, and can act as an emergency lower speed

RMT coming soon….
Please stop cooking with glimmora the less I see this thing the better it is for my mental health

though you could argue that to make the best choice for my mental health I should just stop playing gen 9 OU but we all know that's not gonna happen

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
Let’s stop it no ?
Well, I don’t see glimorra these times, so I decided to run this

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Mud Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

RMT coming soon….
Glimm is my favourite hazard setter. Mud shot is fun but I really like power gem cause you can OHKO most Pelliper and Torkoal and deal significant damage to other Pokémon. 130 SpA is just so much. That's more then Arch, Prim and Walking Wake for example.

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Glimm is my favourite hazard setter. Mud shot is fun but I really like power gem cause you can OHKO most Pelliper and Torkoal and deal significant damage to other Pokémon. 130 SpA is just so much. That's more then Arch, Prim and Walking Wake for example.
Yes power gem is rly useful, but I don’t really run it with spikes, if I use power get it’s only with stealth rock + 3 attacks, I also ran meteor beam with power herb, it ohko for sure both Pelipper and Torkoal.
Specs set are also funny but really niche.
Please stop cooking with glimmora the less I see this thing the better it is for my mental health

though you could argue that to make the best choice for my mental health I should just stop playing gen 9 OU but we all know that's not gonna happen
who asked ?

today, we are proud to present a potential revolution in singles
DEFENSIVE GLIMMORA, THE CHIP MACHINE
IMG_2643.jpeg

Glimmora @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mortal Spin/ memento/ toxic
- Acid Armor/ Power gem
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes/ stealth rock

Glimmoras ability “toxic debris” is very unique and its an amazing defensive and offensive ability, toxic spikes are naturally devastating since they can steal games if not removed by chipping the opponent down and two layers is a free toxic on most pokemon, however poison types can remove them by switching rather than using defog or rapid spin and they don’t effect steel types, making them the least consistent hazard

but being able to drop them all over the field by simply being hit by a physical attack makes glimmora the top toxic spikes setter because it doesn’t need to waste a turn and moveslot on progress which can reasonably be removed and gives it a distinct niche compared to other hazard leads , however most glimmora sets are offensive leads which can fall flat in certain match ups and only serve to set rocks then die in the long run

what i hope to accomplish with the creation is to erase that problem of glimmora being an early game rocks lead that forces you to play 5 v 6 if it does what its supposed to do successfully and take advantage of glimmoras rare typing with unique defensive qualities

mortal spin removes hazards and can spread more poison, spiky shield allows for leftovers + protect healing but with free chip, acid armour makes glimmora better at walling and spikes/rocks are always good for damaging switch ins and can be protected with terastal ghost

memento is for emergencies where glimmora has revert to sacking itself like it always does and toxic is for ruining passive pokemon or set up sweepers trying to switch in but you would rather keep it around for spreading tons of chip, toxic damage will eventually kill even a pokemon with maximum healing moves while poison can minimised by recover or roost but mortal spins hazard removal and immunity to taunt gives it an considerable edge over toxic and power gem is for stab and not much else

rocky helmet is a potential item choice for truly shredding the enemy team down with lethal amounts of damage at the cost of healing but spiky shield must still be used for scouting and damage

Last edited:
DEFENSIVE GLIMMORA, THE CHIP MACHINE
Glimmora @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes/ stealth rock
Glimmoras ability is very unique and its an amazing defensive and offensive ability, toxic spikes are naturally devastating since they can steal games if not removed and being able to set them by simply being hit by a physical attack gives glimmora a distinct niche compared to other toxic spikes setters, however most glimmora sets are offensive leads which can fall flat in certain match ups and only serve to set rocks then die in the long run

what i hope to accomplish with the creation is to erase that problem of glimmora being an early game rocks lead that forces you to play 5 v 6 if it does what its supposed to do, mortal spin removes hazards and can spread more poison, spiky shield allows for leftovers + protect healing but with free chip, acid armour makes glimmora better at walling and spikes/rocks are always good for damaging switch ins and can be protected with terastal ghost

memento is for emergencies where glimmora has revert to sacking itself like it always does and toxic is for ruining passive pokemon or set up sweepers trying to switch in, toxic damage will eventually kill even a pokemon with maximum healing moves while poison can minimised by recover or roost
I love the idea, let's optimize it
Glimmora @ Heavy-Booty Doots
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
-Mortal Spin
-Toxic
-Stealth Rock
-Power Gem
Let's face it: Glimm will always have better ways to spend a turn than using acid armor or spiky shield. Instead of those, this glimm set utilizes corrosion toxic to beat many steel-types like corv that would usually stand in its way. Speed investment helps it hit those benchmarks, outspeeding defensive volc, Jolly kingambit, and hamurott to get a toxic off. Power Gem is utilized as generally applicable stab move that helps you whittle down airborne steel-types better, such as Tran, Corv, and that one godforsaken air balloon Gambit set.

Glimmora @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor/ Power gem
- Spiky Shield
- Spikes/ stealth rock
This one is actually so fire I'm burning alive. I'm going to give this sucker a try later since I've given up on winning until the bridge is gone.

I wanna take this moment to discuss a core I have been fond of lately.

View attachment 602463
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb/Ice Beam
- Toxic

View attachment 602464
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Poison/Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 32 SpD / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Bulk Up
- Rapid Spin

(The 32 SpD EVs lets Tusk eat an unboosted Draco from Arch after rocks. 160 Spe hits 250 which lets me outrun Modest Raging Bolt)

It is a very common core, but I wanna take a moment to appreciate the flexibility it provides. Gking covers several matchups like Sun, Volc, Raging Bolt, CM Val, etc while being an excellent pivot. Tusk is Tusk. With Bulk Up it prevents itself from being 1v1d by Tera abusers like G-Fire, Gambit, and Boulder. Tera Poison was the choice to challenge mixed Valiant and also ID Zama. Tera Ground is another option to 2HKO Arch with EQ. This core covers several teambuilding holes. Now you just pair this core with a ghost resist or ghost check.

View attachment 602468Gambit tends to be the obvious pick. Checks the ghosts nicely, provides speed control, does well vs almost any matchup, and you could never go wrong with Gambit.

View attachment 602469While having two defensive grounds overloads the team with weaknesses, Ting-Lu’s superior special bulk and access to Spikes + SR helps prevent Gking from being overwhelmed too much by special attackers while also handling the ghosts.

View attachment 602477More on the offensive side, but Gking + Samu is a classic Home meta core. It matches up nicely into Gholdengo while not being able to pivot into Specs Sballs. Along with a SR setter, Samu could form a nice hazard stacking core.

View attachment 602478Flame Body Tran matches up nicely into Pult/Ghold while also patching up the team’s weakness to Weavile and Meow. It has other functions such as being a SR setter and a stall breaker.

View attachment 602479This is a niche pick, but I think Mandi has a few valuable traits in the tier. Ghost resist + Ground Immune is a rare combination. A set of F-Play/Knock/Roost/U-Turn with some physd investment and speed for Gambit lets it soft/blanket check half of the physical meta. It matches up well into Tera Flying Moon, SD Gliscor, Dnite, Gambit after clicking Tera Flying, G-Fire, etc. Due to its more passive nature and its vulnerability to Raging Bolt and Clef/Glis Balance, it needs to be on the right team to fit. Mandi + Weav is a great pairing since it could chip Moon into Ice Shard range. Mandi also forms a nice voltturn core with Gking who could check Rbolt and Clef.

Teambuilding is difficult this gen, but this core has given me alot of flexibility.

After the ghost check, the next step is usually an offensive core and filler. Sometimes rocks if I haven’t slotted in that. This formula has helped with constructing some of my builds. To give some examples, here are possible team structures with this formula.

View attachment 602483View attachment 602492View attachment 602493View attachment 602494View attachment 602495View attachment 602496
View attachment 602497View attachment 602498View attachment 602499View attachment 602500View attachment 602501View attachment 602502
View attachment 602503View attachment 602504View attachment 602505View attachment 602506View attachment 602507View attachment 602508
View attachment 602509View attachment 602510View attachment 602511View attachment 602515View attachment 602516View attachment 602518
View attachment 602519View attachment 602520View attachment 602521View attachment 602522View attachment 602523View attachment 602524
View attachment 602525View attachment 602526View attachment 602527View attachment 602528View attachment 602529View attachment 602530
View attachment 602531View attachment 602532View attachment 602533View attachment 602534View attachment 602535View attachment 602536
View attachment 602537View attachment 602538View attachment 602539View attachment 602540View attachment 602541View attachment 602542
View attachment 602544View attachment 602545View attachment 602547View attachment 602548View attachment 602549View attachment 602550

consider this when building any kind of elephant-style team.
how do these teams deal with set up sweepers? I find that even Skarm takes 40% from Gambit on switch in. HO gives me a huge amount of trouble when I play balance

It loses to Kingambit so idk why you would add it to your team. Try Corviknight, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Ninetales, Cereludge.
Gambit can theoretically beat everything... Gambit is not the win-all lose-all for putting it on your team.
Also, how are you planning on using these mons?
  • Ninetales-Kanto in OU? :torkoal:
  • Ceruledge gets predicted if it has no sash, which is kinda often.
  • Corv has less viability because of a certain :gholdengo: cheese string man.
  • Tyranitar is ONLY used for sand, which is the 3rd worst weather. :damp rock::heat rock::smooth rock::icy rock: in order of viability.
  • Garchomp is good... but kinda outclassed by Tusk offensively, utility-wise and most helmet mons defensively.
Also, HOW DOES STURDY NOT HELP? A missed read becomes 1HP, not an OHKO.
Did you even check the original set? IT HAD SUPERPOWER! (highlighted below)

:ogerpon-cornerstone:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Superpower

Last edited:

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
how do these teams deal with set up sweepers? I find that even Skarm takes 40% from Gambit on switch in. HO gives me a huge amount of trouble when I play balance
The way to deal with HO is with a combination of defensive cores and speed control. Every team structure here has at least one priority user. You could also play aggressively with your wallbreaker by trading health for heavy chip or kos since you do not need to keep them alive to break like with Balance/BO/Stall. BU Tusk and Flame Body Tran matchup nicely with Gambit. Mandibuzz could also punish Tera Flying variants. Just a few things to consider.

Gonna shamelessly hop on the Glimmora bandwagon and present:
1707845811441.png

The Sun Nuke
Rain On! (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
Setup sun, setup spikes, nuke with Solar or beat something with Power/Gem.
You can Sunny Day on a Pelipper's U-Turn, then just beam the incoming mon. It is funny.
(name is to confuse)

Edit:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glimmora in Sun: 316-376 (102.9 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Glimmora: 332-392 (108.1 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Iron Treads Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Glimmora: 472-564 (153.7 - 183.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Iron Treads Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glimmora: 640-760 (208.4 - 247.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What rain mon is this supposed to beat?
sorry, took the speed off it, it autodid it on showdown. Also, changed tera to flying, added EPower for steels and will be modifying and tweaking.

Last edited:
The way to deal with HO is with a combination of defensive cores and speed control. Every team structure here has at least one priority user. You could also play aggressively with your wallbreaker by trading health for heavy chip or kos since you do not need to keep them alive to break like with Balance/BO/Stall. BU Tusk and Flame Body Tran matchup nicely with Gambit. Mandibuzz could also punish Tera Flying variants. Just a few things to consider.
thanks I appreciate you team building posts. This meta is extremely unwelcoming to mid level players. It feels like sort of “the good get better, everyone else gets worse”

Gonna shamelessly hop on the Glimmora bandwagon and present:
View attachment 604246
The Sun Nuke
Sunuke (Glimmora) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
Setup sun, setup spikes, nuke with Solar or beat something with Wave/Gem.
You can Sunny Day on a Pelipper's U-Turn, then just beam the incoming mon. It is funny.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Water Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glimmora in Sun: 316-376 (102.9 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Archaludon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Glimmora: 332-392 (108.1 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Iron Treads Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Glimmora: 472-564 (153.7 - 183.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Iron Treads Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glimmora: 640-760 (208.4 - 247.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What rain mon is this supposed to beat?

Is it just me or is TTar, kinda good now?
Reliably checks Raging Bolt, can threaten strong knock off on switch. Has a wide variety of support and offensive moves that can keep opponents unsure about your set. Enables excadrill to reach the highest non opposing weather boosted speed tier in the meta game with sand rush, and acts as counter to said weather teams. You can also use something like protect lefties to get some recovery, force chip and scout for choice items. What are people thinking? I wouldn't say it's a top threat but it feels like he definitely deserves to be near that OU threshold.
Side note: OU titans Skarmory and Ting-Lu fit right in with him as well.

Is it just me or is TTar, kinda good now?
Reliably checks Raging Bolt, can threaten strong knock off on switch. Has a wide variety of support and offensive moves that can keep opponents unsure about your set. Enables excadrill to reach the highest non opposing weather boosted speed tier in the meta game with sand rush, and acts as counter to said weather teams. You can also use something like protect lefties to get some recovery, force chip and scout for choice items. What are people thinking? I wouldn't say it's a top threat but it feels like he definitely deserves to be near that OU threshold.
Side note: OU titans Skarmory and Ting-Lu fit right in with him as well.
If you count UU as “near the OU” threshold then it’s where it belongs. There are too many good dark types in the tier right now. Knock is nice but it’s generally outclassed by Ting Lu on the SpD side. It also doesn’t benefit from Tera at all as it loses its SpD boost and gets chipped.
Really shouldn’t be used outside of sand imo. Exca may end up dropping to UU like last gen because it’s very limited.

All the Glimmora talk and here I just tend to use this basic set:

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Power Gem
- Stealth Rock

I feel like speed is more important than HP or defenses if you are running sash anyways. Ground/Rock coverage is pretty complimentary and it is good to have at least a bit of punch behind that. I like to run this with Hamurott on a hazard stack team or sometimes alone on a team that otherwise has no hazards. It's pretty nice to have a secondary hazard clear option which can hit most ghost types besides Ghold.

Glimmora @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Power Gem
- Earth Power
Speedy Glimm set, you may like to set up a quick hazard as glimm's speed tier isn't the best, but with scarf you reach 447 speed, which is insanely fast and means that you can revenge kill stuff like dragapult. I wish you could modest, but that misses out on timid dragapult, so that can't be done.
Also, I find that people kinda expect glimm to just hazard stack immedietely, but that sometimes using an attack is better as you can catch something like pelipper off guard and ko it, which is really funny.

Lets please stop with the Chi-Yu against Paras and similar absurd calcs please, no need to have multiple pages about this.

Have you found success with any formerly OU Pokemon recently? I tried Cornerstone a few days ago and really liked it

:ogerpon-cornerstone:
Ogerpon-Cornerstone (F) @ Cornerstone Mask
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Superpower

Its nice being able to threaten the Dragons for good damage without having to rely on Play Rough, unlike Wellspring. I was using Low Kick at first but I missed the OHKO against Archaludon several times even after rocks so just switched to Superpower

+2 252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 316-372 (84.9 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Cornerstone Mask Ogerpon-Cornerstone Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 204 HP / 0 Def Archaludon: 316-372 (84.9 - 100%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Better than people whining about Tera. Can we talk about archaludon and how bad is it affecting the format?

Okay, I just saw I high level game which included a sub-protect kyurem, and I have to say, that shit is disgusting. Like it stalled out both a gliscor and skarmory of their pp, although part of that was due to a lunar dance cresselia, but still that shit was disgusting.

Okay, I just saw I high level game which included a sub-protect kyurem, and I have to say, that shit is disgusting. Like it stalled out both a gliscor and skarmory of their pp, although part of that was due to a lunar dance cresselia, but still that shit was disgusting.
was it the one with the revival blessing leppa berry pawmot? I faced that once; I mistakenly let my heatran die early and then his stupid kyurem stalled me forever >:(. I hope that doesn't become an rmt or I'm moving to UU

We might need an update from ladder players. Is anyone on? Sun is big threat to my team but my Water types are putting on a show!
Who's the best Electric Terrain setter, boys? It's Blissey imo but does anybody one have other good answers? I'm trying to counter Sun!
Electric Terrain probably isn't good right now because there are no real setters. I wouldn't really consider it a counter to Sun, either. But if you really want manual a setter that is actually an OU mon, Iron treads might be best to try. You could make it offensive or defensive and give it the ability to Volt Switch out and/or Steel Beam. You could maybe get a couple rounds of 8 turns off per game if you play it right.

Or if you want non-OU mons, Helectrode might be decent with its Speed Tier and maybe an Explosion to follow it. Prankster Thunderous is also maybe an option to guarantee you get it off. I feel like a defensive mon makes more sense, though.

Raging Bolt has Photosynthesis and Bulk, so it is possible that maybe you could try and turn that into a sort of Sun team counter. Give it some + Sp. Attack nature and electric terrain and any Sun team might need to think twice about adding another boost to your Thunderclap. You still maybe lose to Great Tusk or Tera grounds, though. Also, some Chlorophyll mons will resist electric moves due to being grass type. It's probably not the best choice as a setter, though.

Does anyone else feel like the ladder just isn’t good for improving play anymore? I’ve been hard stuck or gotten worse since DLC2 and I don’t see that changing.
I notice that very good players like the meta, but midtier players struggle. It seems that unless you play only HO/offense, or play at a high level where you know how to sequence to counter HO, it’s not possible to handle all the threats in the tier. I don’t think while Arch being banned will be good, I am worried the meta will lean into other very broken threats that won’t be banned.

Does anyone else feel like the ladder just isn’t good for improving play anymore? I’ve been hard stuck or gotten worse since DLC2 and I don’t see that changing.
I notice that very good players like the meta, but midtier players struggle. It seems that unless you play only HO/offense, or play at a high level where you know how to sequence to counter HO, it’s not possible to handle all the threats in the tier. I don’t think while Arch being banned will be good, I am worried the meta will lean into other very broken threats that won’t be banned.
That’s what I’m hoping for. Leave it alone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 49)