Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Does anyone else feel like the ladder just isn’t good for improving play anymore? I’ve been hard stuck or gotten worse since DLC2 and I don’t see that changing.
I notice that very good players like the meta, but midtier players struggle. It seems that unless you play only HO/offense, or play at a high level where you know how to sequence to counter HO, it’s not possible to handle all the threats in the tier. I don’t think while Arch being banned will be good, I am worried the meta will lean into other very broken threats that won’t be banned.
I expect tiering to be active in the aftermath of the Archaludon suspect regardless of the verdict.

Question for any other Sun players in the forums; have you ever attempted to fit Sandy Shocks onto a team? It has access to useful moves like Spikes and Volt Switch, but I find it really struggles to find a spot as it's almost always outclassed by Walking Wake as a special breaker or speed control.

Question for any other Sun players in the forums; have you ever attempted to fit Sandy Shocks onto a team? It has access to useful moves like Spikes and Volt Switch, but I find it really struggles to find a spot as it's almost always outclassed by Walking Wake as a special breaker or speed control.
It is outclassed by many mons, as tusk is a better ground type and raging bolt is a better electric type. Assualt vest sandy shocks with tera water can be good as you have great special bulk and can do well against opposing rain and sun, I've used it outside of sun and it does great.
252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Water Sandy Shocks in Rain: 169-200 (54.3 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Sandy Shocks: 259-306 (83.2 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Sandy Shocks Earth Power vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon: 266-314 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Does pretty well into rain as it can counter either barra or arch, though barra is something you can't switch into directly. Could be good if you use bulky sandy shocks, it even gets iron defense + body press if you want to get crazy.

Query:

who is the slowest viable encore user?

had this thought after using an encore primarina to great success.

:primarina:
Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Voice
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise
- Calm Mind
- Encore

219 speed modest can outspeed gambit and most bulky Pokémon’s not including the past paradoxes. Past paradoxes that have bulk tend to hate prims stabs so don’t switch in.

I’ve combined with healing wish + flip turn alomolola.
Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Wish
- Healing Wish
- Play Rough

healing wish lets you take a toxic to break through bulk/stall and then Round 2 when you’re ready. It’s really easy to fit in a healing wish against slower teams. You can sometimes manage to use it against offensive teams too.

flip turn is great against general teams, although you need an action plan for water absorb Ogerpon and even clodsire to a lesser extent. The best part about slow flip turn is occasionally setting up an encore layup if it’s against a Pokémon in that “Goldilocks speed zone” between 122-218 speed

Last edited:
Query:

who is the slowest viable encore user?

had this thought after using an encore primarina to great success.

:primarina:
Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise
- Calm Mind
- Encore

219 speed modest can outspeed gambit and most bulky Pokémon’s not including the past paradoxes. Past paradoxes that have bulk tend to hate prims stabs so don’t switch in.

I’ve combined with healing wish + flip turn alomolola.

healing wish lets you take a toxic to break through bulk/stall and then Round 2 when you’re ready. It’s really easy to fit in a healing wish against slower teams. You can sometimes manage to use it against offensive teams too.

flip turn is great against general teams, although you need an action plan for water absorb Ogerpon and even clodsire to a lesser extent.
While this is an interesting thought, and I do think it is great, encore is best used by faster mons like valiant. I've used it on dragonite to great success as with just encore, dd, extreme speed and fire punch/e-quake, you can set up easily on lots of mons. Though it is 20 base points faster than primarina, it can still be unexpected.
Of course, I think it that if it works well enought for you, then that's great, I've used specs primarina to good success, so I'm happy you found something that could work. Clefable could be good with it too, if they use a status move like toxic and eat it up while getting an encore off.

Does anyone else feel like the ladder just isn’t good for improving play anymore? I’ve been hard stuck or gotten worse since DLC2 and I don’t see that changing.
I notice that very good players like the meta, but midtier players struggle. It seems that unless you play only HO/offense, or play at a high level where you know how to sequence to counter HO, it’s not possible to handle all the threats in the tier. I don’t think while Arch being banned will be good, I am worried the meta will lean into other very broken threats that won’t be banned.
1707893034196.png

Ive played a fair bit since ive returned to this game, found that random battles really helped me get back into pokemonshowdown battles in general when ive been gone since the oras and sm days, but i think im like you so i can feel for you, but i also havnt tried much since getting to 1700, still trying to build an actual team myself before i play ou again, i dont really like to use peoples teams as much if its just for laddering.

Also can u ou bums stop telling me to glhf and then forfeit on my face when u know u cant win without even saying gg, just gives me the vibe u only said glhf cos u think u will win and i dont like it :~) might as well just not say anything then, less said the better

View attachment 604471

Ive played a fair bit since ive returned to this game, found that random battles really helped me get back into pokemonshowdown battles in general when ive been gone since the oras and sm days, but i think im like you so i can feel for you, but i also havnt tried much since getting to 1700, still trying to build an actual team myself before i play ou again, i dont really like to use peoples teams as much if its just for laddering.

Also can u ou bums stop telling me to glhf and then forfeit on my face when u know u cant win without even saying gg, just gives me the vibe u only said glhf cos u think u will win and i dont like it :~) might as well just not say anything then, less said the better
I stalled out a person today using pp stalling tricks, and they were still super nice to me. Like I felt genuinelly bad about it as I was just testing out a team revision and I was seeing how it worked. Be like them, who despite having multiple mons pp stalled, still was really nice. For every 5 salty players, you will find one nice player.

Okay, so after testing out a pp stalling team, I have a few thoughts on it.
1. Kyurem is amazing on these teams as it can give them some offensive pressure. This is what these teams usually struggle with, but kyurem makes this much less of a problem as the opposing team has to be careful to not let the kyurem check get worn down.
2. Deoxys-Speed also helps on these teams as it is so fast to allow you to get subs off easier, while cosmic power helps wall a lot of mons. It has saved my butt a lot of times and I cannot express how great it is.
3. Registeel is also amazing on these teams, as long as you can get rid of ghost types, though luckily the only OU ranked ghosts are Dragapult, Gholdengo and Skeledirge. If that is taken care of, a simple set of protect, amnesia, iron defense and body press can easily sweep teams. You can easily set up on scary mons such as serperior and turn it into an anti sweep, which is amazing.
4. I've used cresselia and vaporeon on these teams (Cresselia for lunar dance and vaporeon for water immunity + wish) and they are alright, I probably could use another pressure mon such as suicune, but they are decent.
5. Ting lu is trash on these teams, since it doesn't get a way to boost up its defensive stats or a reliable healing move. It cannot exert enough pressure (Imagine if it did get pressure lmao), so another ground type is better. You could use something like clod for water immunity.
This is probably an optimal team for pp stalling:
https://pokepast.es/e933cd89c81d853e

Anyways, I'm going to go back to torturing people. :)

Edit: Clodsire is alright, but a definite upgrade from Ting-Lu (Never thought I'd say that in a sentence) and suicune is alright like vaporeon. You could honestly switch either out and you wouldn't see much of a difference.

Last edited:

RudeLiees

formerly Xr Kartana
Glimmora is back again...

Glimmora @ Choice Specs
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem

I really, but really like this set, it surprise most of leads and can get some kills
power gem and sludge wave are mandatory, and earth power and energy ball are coverage.

252 SpA Choice Specs Glimmora Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 488-576 (112.4 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Glimmora Earth Power vs. 204 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Archaludon: 280-330 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Glimmora Power Gem vs. 248 HP / 36 SpD Pelipper: 500-590 (154.7 - 182.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (sludge wave have a chance to ohko)
252 SpA Choice Specs Glimmora Power Gem vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Torkoal: 524-620 (152.7 - 180.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (earth power and sludge wave can ohko)

How to get good: 5000 ladder games. Seriously there isnt really a substitute to grinding out a ton of games especially in a game like pokemon where meta knowledge is so key. Its important that you actually look at your tough losses that felt winnable and try to understand what mistakes u made though. Youll probably never actually feel like youre improving past a certain stage because the gains are pretty minimal and gradual to the point of being not noticeable on small scales past the initial stage, but when u look back and compare yourself with you 1000 games ago the difference will be like night and day.

Okay, so after testing out a pp stalling team, I have a few thoughts on it.
1. Kyurem is amazing on these teams as it can give them some offensive pressure. This is what these teams usually struggle with, but kyurem makes this much less of a problem as the opposing team has to be careful to not let the kyurem check get worn down.
2. Deoxys-Speed also helps on these teams as it is so fast to allow you to get subs off easier, while cosmic power helps wall a lot of mons. It has saved my butt a lot of times and I cannot express how great it is.
3. Registeel is also amazing on these teams, as long as you can get rid of ghost types, though luckily the only OU ranked ghosts are Dragapult, Gholdengo and Skeledirge. If that is taken care of, a simple set of protect, amnesia, iron defense and body press can easily sweep teams. You can easily set up on scary mons such as serperior and turn it into an anti sweep, which is amazing.
4. I've used cresselia and vaporeon on these teams (Cresselia for lunar dance and vaporeon for water immunity + wish) and they are alright, I probably could use another pressure mon such as suicune, but they are decent.
5. Ting lu is trash on these teams, since it doesn't get a way to boost up its defensive stats or a reliable healing move. It cannot exert enough pressure (Imagine if it did get pressure lmao), so another ground type is better. You could use something like clod for water immunity.
This is probably an optimal team for pp stalling:
https://pokepast.es/e933cd89c81d853e

Anyways, I'm going to go back to torturing people. :)

Edit: Clodsire is alright, but a definite upgrade from Ting-Lu (Never thought I'd say that in a sentence) and suicune is alright like vaporeon. You could honestly switch either out and you wouldn't see much of a difference.
I'm not one to often clamor for a ban but ban whatever this man is cooking

I jumped on ladder and played 5 games and like 3 of them withdrew in 5 turns, 1 was a 200 turn forfeit for my opponent and the last one the guy was winning but he played that Internet Gambit and got disconnected

This is such an ELO inflation machine oh my lord

As your standard attacker, he is kinda outclassed by the plethora of other attackers, yeah, both in speed and power. I find hazards not that important to sun (unless you wanna do a gimmick team with sticky web Levanny or Smeargle which allows you to use full power banded Gouging Fire against faster teams). You don't have a hazard blocker on sun most of time since you yourself hate having hazards up and I would rather fill it with as much firepower as possible rather then wasting a few turns setting up hazards. Torkoal also has SR for sturdy and sash breakers. I would say on sun offense team, Sandy doesn't really have a place. Even as a pivot, WW learns Flip turn.

You have probably have encountered countless sun teams on the ladder right? In a sun vs sun MU, it is usually "who uses their Walking Wake better?" WW puts way too much pressure on sun teams since most of their resists are offensive mons that don't like taking it's secondary attacks. That is why almost every sun team leads with WW or Moon. It usually comes down to a speed tie about who will win the sun wars. Here is a particular set that I have been thinking of:

Sandy Shocks @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Volt Switch
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast

You can change tera to something like grass or others like Fairy for Gambit can be useful too.

Here are some calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Sandy Shocks: 272-324 (72.7 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

After that you mirror coat him into oblivion and you have won the walking Wake wars

Raging Bolt is another Mon that sun abolutely hates:

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Raging Bolt Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Sandy Shocks: 166-196 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO

He also deals with Arch and is good against rain. No need for calcs, the numbers are so little they don't even matter.

I would recommend him with a wish user like Scream tail or even Alo. Not good against stall obviously but if you pair him with a breaker or two, this shouldn't be an issue. Sun spots are really limited but it also has sooo many options (Torkoal, WW, Hatt are usually your sun staples I guess and then it is a mix of Chloro user, a sun core breaker and either additional hazard control or priority user that doesn't rely on sun too much). I was thinking maybe building a bulkier sun structure could help fit him in instead of trying building sun offense (I have seen spdef Roaring Moon and Scream paired together) so you can maybe drop Hatt. Heck that set might even be good on other non-weather teams that are more forgiving with their team spots.

Anyway just my 2 cents, that set is by no means meta defining, but it does give it an important niche.

Edit: I suppose Magnezone might do a better job for sun less teams but goobing Arch while not being weak to fighthing or fire moves still gives it a niche I would say. It also doesn't lure in WW into attacking you as much since you are a ground type which is really important.

Last edited:
How to get good: 5000 ladder games. Seriously there isnt really a substitute to grinding out a ton of games especially in a game like pokemon where meta knowledge is so key. Its important that you actually look at your tough losses that felt winnable and try to understand what mistakes u made though. Youll probably never actually feel like youre improving past a certain stage because the gains are pretty minimal and gradual to the point of being not noticeable on small scales past the initial stage, but when u look back and compare yourself with you 1000 games ago the difference will be like night and day.
I appreciate it but I’ve been playing a decent bit. This is not helping lol. When I say I’ve gotten worse, I mean over the last 1000 games, my elo has gone down 300 points.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Glimmora is back to show off it's brand-new ability in OU!
Glimmora is back with its signature ability in OU.

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris / Corrosion
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Sandstorm
- Memento
Neither Corrosion or Toxic Debris is a new ability and was with Glimmora in its initial release in gen 9

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I wanna take this free time to talk about a few sets I find unexplored in the tier.

Clodsire Killer

IMG_2482.png

Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Tera Dragon Draco is absolutely fucked up, take a look at these calcs.

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Slowking-Galar: 430-506 (109.1 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clodsire: 454-536 (98 - 115.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 420-495 (130.8 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+3 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 212+ SpD Heatran: 374-441 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 216+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 312-368 (77.2 - 91%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Protosynthesis Tera Dragon Raging Bolt Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 448-528 (124 - 146.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only things it doesn’t instantly pulverize after rocks is Ting-Lu, Unaware Clod, and Blissey, however for the latter two, they get chipped so much that they might as well be declared dead, cause even with Amnesia, Clodsire risks getting 2HKOd. The downside is you can’t defensively Tera anymore in front of Kyurem, Dragapult, and Weavile, but that is why I often pair it with mons that can squander their rkill attempts like Volcarona or Primarina, which also appreciate the delete button that is Raging Bolt.

Bulky SD Ogerpon-W
IMG_8858.png

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Horn Leech/Power Whip
- Synthesis/Encore/Substitute

I have entertained the idea of bulky Wogre all the way back in DLC1 when it was still fresh. Since then I never traced back to it because the standard sets were just better, until now. With Ogerpon making a return after a month of being forgotten, I think it is a good time to start experimenting with it, enter Bulky Swords Dance Wogre. Even without investment, boosted Ivy Cudgels still hit really fucking hard. +2 Power Whip still OHKOs Clod, and +2 Tera Ivy 2HKOs Skarm. So I dumped all those Attack EVs into HP instead and tweaked the rest for more SpD and enough speed to outrun Kyurem. So what does this spread let Wogre do?

Here’s the long list of things that it can do.

Turns Dozo’s BP into a 4HKO.

252+ Def Dondozo Body Press vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 102-120 (28 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Lives a Tera Ice boosted Axel from Weavile at full.

252 Atk Tera Ice Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 288-342 (79.1 - 93.9%) -- approx. 2HKO

With Tera, it eats a +2 Knock from Weavile after rocks while being able to OHKO back.

+2 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 232-274 (63.7 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Eats a CC from Barra after rocks.

252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 239-282 (79.4 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (no bulk)

252+ Atk Choice Band Barraskewda Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 239-282 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (with bulk)

Avoid a 2HKO from Magma Storm

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 141-166 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after trapping damage (no bulk)

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 124-147 (34 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage (with bulk)

Avoid an OHKO from Specs Draco from Pult after rocks

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 274-324 (91 - 107.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock (no bulk)

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 243-286 (66.7 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (with bulk)

Avoid an OHKO from Tera Grass Rilla Gglide

252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Grass Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring in Grassy Terrain: 292-344 (80.2 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

Avoid a 2HKO from Hatterene’s Psyshock

0 SpA Hatterene Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 130-154 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO (no bulk)

0 SpA Hatterene Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 130-154 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (with bulk)

Avoid a possible OHKO from Gambit Sucker with 5 SO boosts after rocks

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 225-265 (74.7 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 225-265 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also lives Tera Dark Sucker at full, lol

252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Tera Dark Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 300-354 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Avoids a 2HKO from offensive Ghold’s Sball.

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 123-145 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (with bulk)

+2 252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 120 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 244-288 (67 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (also with bulk)

252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 138-163 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 50.8% chance to 2HKO (no bulk)

+2 252 SpA Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ogerpon-Wellspring: 276-325 (91.6 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (no bulk)

This shows how much of a difference the bulk investment makes. Not only is Ogerpon harder to rkill, but it also gives it more defensive utility as it can now take hits it never could’ve before. Substitute gives Ogerpon an option to completely setup on Gliscor and ruining bulkier teams in doing so. Ogerpon-W is a great Pokemon beyond breaking and cteaming Rain, and this set is the best way to express its offensive/defensive capabilities.

Taunt Tusk
IMG_5481.png

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 32 SpD / 164 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Taunt
- Rapid Spin

One option that rarely gets explored on Tusk is Taunt. When it comes to spinning vs Gliscor and Skarm builds, this task can be difficult when Skarm can just keep hazards up and Gliscor can cripple with Toxic, but with the help of partners like Weavile to Knock Skarm’s Helmet, and some speed EVs for Gliscors speed creeping Raging Bolt, Tusk could stop them from clicking Toxic or Spikes, or Protect. Taunt also has other applications such as stopping Kingambit/Gouging Fire from clicking Swords Dance/Dragon Dance all together or stopping a Garganacl sweep. Taunt could be used on Booster Bulk Up sets to get some free chip on Dondozo or prevent opposing Tusk from setting up.

Glimmora is back to show off it's brand-new ability in OU!
Glimmora is back with its signature ability in OU.

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris / Corrosion
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Sandstorm
- Memento
The council's job is not to ban suspects each time they do not get the necessary votes to improve your ELO. I gave you a team, did you lose 300 points with it?
you've been here for like a month and a half and somehow you've gotten tangibly worse at understanding both how the game works and how tiering works. your posts used to be straight-up unintelligible and yet they were more tolerable than this. it's fascinating. are you an ai of some kind?

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
you've been here for like a month and a half and somehow you've gotten tangibly worse at understanding both how the game works and how tiering works. your posts used to be straight-up unintelligible and yet they were more tolerable than this. it's fascinating. are you an ai of some kind?
That's crazy.

Beside that, does anybody disagree that Arch will probably be booted out of OU?

The council's job is not to ban suspects each time they do not get the necessary votes to improve your ELO. I gave you a team, did you lose 300 points with it?
Not yet, I expect I’ll prob drop to 900 elo before I start to use it! Your team doesn’t seem well built, it has no ground immunity, raging bolt and very easily muscle past it, and has a generally poor match up into rain.

If I’m ass, I’m ass. I just think the ladder is too wide spread to really practice using bulky teams outside of stall

Last edited: