Tournament 1v1 Premier League IV: Finals [Won by the Big Baller Barraskewdas]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
1v1 Premier League IV - Finals
Hosted by Quantum Tesseract and rozes

All art by AmirAlexander

>>Spreadsheet<<

Here is the finals for the fourth 1v1 Premier League tournament! Replays are required, don't just say "replays under ___ account." Using a proxy while playing is not allowed. If you have a problem with this, talk to me, we can figure something out. As always, try to keep this thread on-topic. Standings for 1v1PL can be found here. No unnecessary or over the top shitposting or trash talking. Now for the matchups!

vs.

4-4
SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99)
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬

Tiebreak
2-1
BW Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. stableprince569

Deadline is Friday May 1st at 11:59PM GMT-4

Monopoke Bo5: sagar0027 vs. 5luke

As a note, the monopoke Bo5 doesn't count towards the final result. It is by itself and is just for fun. For this week, the monopoke mons are in this order: Cherrim, Cufant, Mudbray, Pichu, and Rillaboom. This means that in a Bo5 series you bring the mons in the given order.

The deadline to play all games will be one week, or until Sunday, April 26th at 11:59 pm EDT. Extensions will not be given, teams must instead substitute out players should they and their opponent not be able to find suitable times to play. Activity wins and losses will be given based on host discretion and with TL decisions. Some words about substitutions: At any point in time during the week, a team may make a substitution for an inactive player. In order to do this, a manager must post in the thread, tagging the hosts, the opposing managers and the opposing player stating which player is substituting out, and which player is substituting in. A player that has substituted out for a week cannot be substituted back in. In addition, in order to catch any attempts at garnering favorable matchups (where the lineup you choose affects pairings), all substitutions are subject to veto by the hosts if the substitution is suspected to be attempting to “game” the system.

Some reminders while playing:
  • Playing while using a proxy is not allowed. Please talk to me if this is an issue.
  • The play timer needs to be on while playing. This is unless both players agree to not have the timer on beforehand.
  • We heavily encourage playing on Smogtours while playing. There is an automatic timer and modchat in order to keep the integrity of the match in mind.
thanks to Quantum Tesseract for getting all the weeks up and being a good cohost, and thanks boat for asking me if i wanted to help out n_n hope you guys have a fun finals!

S/o to AmirAlexander for all the awesome art

Last edited by a moderator:
vs.

0 - 9

LET'S GO MORPEKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Personal Predictions, the reasons are mostly jokes
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) - considering how big the [BaleBlaze Fan] Waylaid gang is I dont see how the leader loses to a simple boat
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam - TDA has been tossed twice or maybe even thrice by SUSTENANCE_1 yet he still is here in SM? someone save this man, but its not lBDC who will save him

Monopoke Bo5: sagar0027 vs. 5luke - as long as he actually just doesnt prep his monopokes on the final day he should be alright v 5luke

You may be like "waylaid ur dumb there's only one mu nobody wants to hear your biased-ass predicts" and while that's true I gotta farm likes somehow man

I'll give reasoning and try and make it worth your time

1587162934857.png
vs
1587162966387.png

8-0

SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip (hey. crucify is on fire. Mans never loses, wanted this mu, and is just a better player/builder than zio. arguably the best new swsh player and is gonna shut zio down)
1587163315110.png

SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius (xsc 3-0ed ggopw cantius got 3-0ed by sans yeah I'm not holding my breath)
1587163356476.png

SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) (complete grudge match as you all know boat and I are fierce enemies. regardless I think I'm stronger in both swsh and in team tours)
1587163422207.png
sorry boat the picture was just poetic

SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam (lbdc is 7-1, his only loss to a crit. idek if tda is positive these days and just got 3-0ed by suste in tb)
1587163498061.png

SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155 (james is gonna cry harder than skewdas do when he gets haxed in 3)
1587163700917.png

ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee (whale LITERALLY could not care less about this match I'll send him kpop if he throws or smth idk)
1587163806275.png
also for this image I looked up "french beating whales" but like Ifound this instead and thought it was funny

BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569 (okay like I get that whenever I predict against stable he wins but also wanony saved up his power during tb so this should be free)
1587163838729.png

DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬ (XSC got locked and went into super-saiyan mode. synon will too, trust me)
1587163868399.png

Monopoke Bo5: sagar0027 vs. 5luke (no hate to 5luke, a fantastic player in his own right. it's just that sagar is the goat and objectively better)
1587163892753.png

that Raining Inside dude was right btw we're totally side characters raining is the true protagonist and our team beating his twice is like a plot twist or smth idk but it's a fluke trust me

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip - not only do the bbb have the better ss support from eliminated teams, I believe crucify is the better picker between the two.
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius - same as above.
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) - same as above.
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam - tda's full of surprises, so the bbb will need even bigger surprises to snag this one.
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155 - same as above, both lbdc and ferno will rly need to pick up on some of the more bs sets that exist in gen 7 in order for them to have a chance, imo.
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee - a miraculous recovery! I'd say Lancer's gonna have the winning mentality, but if whale steps up the prep he'd probably win this.
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569 - without support I'd say stable's better versed in bw, but wanony can absolutely take it if like dom/ggopw back him up.
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬ - anything can (and has) happen in dpp. I'd say syn's gone a bit crazy and off his game as of late.

4 - 4

TB Prediction:

SwSh Bo7: XSTATIC COLD vs. zioziotrip - bbb probably wouldn't want the mmm getting too used to how crucify plays, so I feel they'd go for the switcheroo here, while mmm doesn't really have anyone better to take on the highly competitive slot. Similar to above, better ss support and xsc is an insane picker to say the least.
SwSh Bo5: crucify vs. Boat (phiwings99) - same as above. Of course, with crucify not in bo7, he'd go to bo5 instead. MMM incredibly do not want this to go to tb.
SM Bo5: Synonimous vs. Alakazam - With DPP no longer being an issue, Syn would be free to take the reigns on handling SM, as he is easily the most knowledge SM-er on the team imo. TDA likely has more sm under his belt from the main weeks of the tour vs syn handling mostly dpp, though I wouldn't rule out syn getting major support from ursas, which could very well make the difference imo.

2 - 1

Monopoke Bo5: sagar0027 vs. 5luke "Unfortunate" doesn't begin the to construe destruction this series will entail. This game will be pure annihilation and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. sagar0027 will get completely decimated by 5luke in ways hitherto unimaginable. His preparation will be superior, his play will be superior, and he will win, so guaranteed so I don't see a reason to continue denying what has been pronounced by Allah eons ago.

I know a solid 3 of these people so my opinion is valid

I know a solid 3 of these people so my opinion is valid
pardon me for the intrusion but who the fuck are you

also totally unbiased picks

SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip - ngl probably the most even, anything can happen match-up of the entire tour, glad this is b07...zioziotrip wins 'cus i beat crucify in ssnl and it makes me feel like they won't win...this is dumb logic but I needed to pick someone to win
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius - still have not found out if cantius is the guy who was fighting waylaid, but yea xsc all the way
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) - waylaid has improved a lot, but boat wants to win badly...i'll take the upset win in this and say boat
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam - tough to call, coming off a 3-0 loss really is strange to predict when they've been good this PL, i'll give it to LBDC just on a whim
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155 - i dont think ive predicted james to win for a while. so ill believe in him here
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee - you know you're tired when you pronounce his name Wall-E
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569 - Wanony likes balloon animals
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬ - music notes always give you a win

wwwwwWhats poppin guys. Ursas here with the heat predicts for finals! Don't forget to hit that like button, smash subscribe, and hit that notification bell so you can watch these videos at soon as they come out!!! Notification squad, where you at? c:
here we go, wowzers
Skewdas (6) vs Morpekos (2)
SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip - crucify has been pretty clutch as of late (even if he didn't have to put any brain cells into beating ryy and ggopw). two players that have made names for themselves this tour duking it out in bo7 is pretty cool. this would be way more hype if swsh wasn't atrocious to watch. 55-45
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius - xstatic is a lot better. period. cantius has not been that clutch this tour while xstatic is off of two wins in semis. he's been doing great this tour and i don't see why he'd stop now. 70-30
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) - boat clutched a win in semis while waylaid couldn't but that really doesn't make him favored in this mu imo. waylaid is better. period. prep will be important if boat wants to win, he needs matchups to hella go his way. i also could easily see him getting nervous in finals vs a swsh player who's doing a lot better than he is. 70-30
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam - tight matchup but i will say i do favor laballade to win. he's off an easy win in semis and tda lost in tiebreaker. also if sust has anything to say about this, tda will surely be destroyed. 55-45
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155 - literally the only matchup i'd ever predict james to win but sometimes they happen. ferno's wincon is probably trolling in the battle chat and/or good prep. 45-55
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee - lancer is hot off an absolutely awful showing in semis, but i really think he cares more. bubbie brought confide metagross in semis ffs. 60-40
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569 - LOL if you showed me this predict in the start of the tour i'd be surprised, but stable clutched it af for his team while the skewdas weren't confident in wanony enough to even put him in the bw tiebreak slot. bw is matchup based cheese so it could go either way. 40-60
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬ - if there's a time for the islam-lover to end this tour positive, it's now. i really think symom has a higher ceiling than spitfire, but who knows if he'll reach it honestly. 55-45

Monopoke Bo5: sagar0027 vs. 5luke - he's a god, what can i say..

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
YAHALLO AND NYANPASU BUDGET SHAKE BACK AT IT TO PREDICT THE FINALS BETWEEN THE 2 most hated teams in 1v1pl HISTORY

SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip my boy zio will smoke crucify
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius unbelievably carried and overrated
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99) waylaid is actually a good player and not another unbelievably carried and overrated
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam shoutouts tda being cocky picking sm into rays after losing 3/4 sm slots and haxing the other into losing 3-0 to sust in the regular week and in the tiebreak l0l
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155 james is gonna get tilted by the shitstorm that ferno throws at him and lose
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee ursa ursa
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569 where is the backup bw slot ALIVE to throw more games
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬ ursa ursa

Chickenpie2

red:active
is a Contributor Alumnus
SwSh Bo7: crucify vs. zioziotrip. ggopw is the best player alive and crucify rekt my mans so :x
SwSh Bo5: XSTATIC COLD vs. Cantius. hate this guy's attidude but he's french ig so he probably wins.
SwSh Bo5: Waylaid vs. Boat (phiwings99). voice vs mod urk tight call. CAPTAINS PLAY OFF. big hype.
SM Bo5: LaBalladeDesCieux vs. Alakazam. LGI LBDC!!!! i've lost to u both before but name change-ing from "The Dark Alakazam" (TDA may he rest in pieces) to just "Alakazam" may be the worst i've seen in my time.
SM Bo5: Ferno vs. James155. ferno scares me more.
ORAS Bo5: Lancer Fr vs. Whaleeeee. They're both solid, slight edge for bubbie but Lancer got some fire so -\_(:/)_/-
BW Bo5: Wanony vs. stableprince569. yes i do remember you stable as you were wondering the other day. although the only thing that i remember of you is that you SUCK so wanony takes this. to be fair my mental image is probably sLiGhtLy inaccurate and outdated. (ok tbh i'm really sorry I actually would've said something nice about you BUT YOURE ON THE WRONG TEAM BUDDY)
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs. Dj Breloominati♬. Spitfire was the first person (that i remember) to drop me into Loser's bracket and to be honest i'm still salty about it and tilted from it to this day. also HELLO CUTE AF USER and LETS GO BRELELELELELELELELELELOOOOOOOOOOOM.

wow did i just bold all of the barraskewdas and call it a day?
i guess i did. what a coincidence huh.
(go barraskewdas)

Last edited:
Morpekos 8-0 EZ
Also, I have a 100% single-game prediction record this PL and was the only one who predicted the Pults would choke pre-season so this is 100% guaranteed to be accurate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)