Tournament 1v1PL VII - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 36]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen81v1-712572
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen81v1-712578
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen81v1-712588
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen81v1-712595
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen81v1-712598

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
WHHOOOOOOO PANCHAMS

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
hi I'm SwordisBored and I am giving predictions because nobody else is

:pancham: Playful Panchams (2) vs (1) Metro Boomin' Megarays :rayquaza-mega:

SV 1v1 bo7: delemon vs gorilaa - delemon has an impressive undefeated record, which shows strong skill and strategy. delemon has a slight edge, but the outcome should still be competitive.

SS 1v1 bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes - bored_glitch's 6-1 record indicates solid performance. bored_glitch is favored, but ncalathes could bring surprises.

BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine - since neomon recently lost to Palestine and is 1-4 in tiebreaks all time, Palestine has the upper hand.

Last edited:

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️
is a Social Media Contributor
uh yeah what bea said (but i didn't use swordisbored teachings)

Playful Panchams (2) vs (1) Metro Boomin' Megarays
SV 1v1 bo7: delemon vs gorilaa (delemon about to go 10-0)
SS 1v1 bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes (can pretty much go either way but i'd say glitched is a more solid player, this is the match that's gonna define it all)
BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine (these two must be sick of getting paired up against one another 3 weeks in a row, well so far palestine has gone 5-3 vs neomon so it's likelier they get the win)

Last edited:
hi I'm SwordisBored and I am giving predictions because nobody else is

:pancham: Playful Panchams (2) vs (1) Metro Boomin' Megarays :rayquaza-mega:

SV 1v1 bo7: delemon vs gorilaa - delemon has an impressive undefeated record, which shows strong skill and strategy. delemon has a slight edge, but the outcome should still be competitive.

SS 1v1 bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes - bored_glitch's 5-1 record indicates solid performance. bored_glitch is favored, but ncalathes could bring surprises.

BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine - since neomon recently lost to Palestine and is 1-4 in tiebreaks all time, Palestine has the upper hand.
im 6-1

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
Expectation: a team that underrates themselves while having consistent performances all throughout the franchise's history. Even having 2 viable retains and hoarding a lot of BW builders with Lumii and Itchy in a pretty dire BW pool. Close also was a very obvious accidental buy that realistically shouldn't have happened (free my mans close he did nothing wrong).
Reality: a lot of mid performances with surprise Lumii 8-0 to carry them to semis. A ton of players just juggled slots and still couldn't find a place to win games. Outside of lumii the cg was very hit or miss and didn't seem to be as active as other teams. BW underperformed with the amount of hype they had going into the tour, and didn't seem to have any huge advantage over other teams that it looked like in the beginning.

lumi:

The Kaif Is Benched After Winning Lmfaos (2) vs (1) The Jadburgs: Semis TB Edition
SV 1v1 bo7: delemon vs gorilaa - ok i looked at the matchup like 3 times and only just now am i realizing that xellymon plays gorilaa instead of akuu goblin LMAO. i mean this dude lost to fuckin kaif of all people so is there any reason for delemon to fear the dude that his bum ass co manager beat? i would say no. despite delemon's 8-0 being more game 7 miracle filled than leru or lumii's, i don't expect it the iron man to randomly end in a shenanigans god vs waylaid type of way. delemonster in 6

SS 1v1 bo7: bored_glitch vs ncalathes - glitch has spent countless hours (literally building on paper and using multiple sheets while doing so) and if he doesn't win doing this then respectfully, wtf happened. Regardless of whether or not ncal is winning the series, he wins at life since he isn't constantly writing down SS 1V1 hitlists

BW 1v1: neomon vs Palestine - so this one is insanely confusing from panchams pov. in semis, neomon got his booty paddled, losing 3-0 to palestine quite convincingly. his teams were really bad and idk losing sawk vs non jaboca crustle is cwhere neomon walks thrown tbs follow i guess, and he helped contribute to the panchams oldgen meltdown while kaif heroically clutched it out. manager tip, if a player loses in that round of the playoffs it's a bit more risky to put them in tb, especially if there are better alternatives available. the people who are best in the playoff environment give you the best odds of moving forward, and momentum/confidence is pretty key, also runbacks never fucking result in a different winner (pl5 tda vs roomia, pl5 zack vs willy, pl6 zio vs trashuny, etc). the only real difficult thing for jadsteen should be prepping against neomon and kaif teams at the same time, they have 2 pretty distinct and different building styles. even with this in mind, i would still be reluctant to bet on a neomasterclass, especially considering his regular season wasn't particularly notable.

overall a pretty interesting series, either jadburg brings mid to the finals in an inspirational fashion just to lose to skewdas or the panchams break their semifinals barrier. overall wp queso, that was a heroic clutch against someone who didnt try to bounce on the zmove nor avoid life orb damage vs a stall mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)