2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that Man Utd could have signed Thiago in 2013 but opted for Fellaini instead. One of the biggest blunders, huh?
To be fair Man Utd were falling when C. Ronaldo left, it was only because of Ferguson's ability to replenish the squad that they won a few more trophies. But yeah, Thiago > Fellaini (that said, I don't think Thiago would have thrived under Moyes and Van Gaal). Kinda wish we had still gone in more for him. At least Pogba is starting to click now.

More on Thiago...Barcelona had the chance to keep him there when Xavi was leaving...guess they wished they had started him more to keep his release clause at €90m instead of leaving him on the bench and dropping that to €25m, considering their display against PSG. Aging squad and no bright talents coming through (Neymar is the exception).

Typical Arsenal result is typical. Bayern mocked them before with Bayern suggesting a 5-1 repeat...and they delivered. Losing mentality (although Koscheiny substitute didn't help). Won't be surprised to see Sanchez leave that team (and possibly Wenger to call time).

Last edited:
I wish you could switch the club you support.. Arsenal are the worst gf imaginable.

Unlike, American sports teams.. you live and die supporting the same club.

I wish you could switch the club you support.. Arsenal are the worst gf imaginable.

Unlike, American sports teams.. you live and die supporting the same club.
Fair play to Arsenal's fans though, paying extortionate prices for the same old crap every year.

well they know what they are paying for, a glimmer of a title push, then epic fail.. before finishing 4th
Fans wants the title...Kroenke, Gazidis and the board are content with top 4 and maybe the FA cup. Sad really.

In Manchester we were somewhat lucky, but the second leg should be simple enough. Hope that Thursdays don't impact the league though.

Even better :) Still hope Europa doesn't affect chances of missing out on Top 4 just in case (Chelsea's league to lose, even if there is 2 points between 2nd and 6th).

I don't get mad over the 4th place jokes..not because they're true.. 5 out of 10 seasons at 4th place..

But because it's not like we have a rebuttal in regards to showing growth and being true title challengers, like.. who cares if Liverpool dropped a bit, United drops a bit, Chelsea dropped a bit(last year). At least they're all giving it a real go at making changes and pushing for the title. At least the owners don't only want profits.. they want silverware as well.

I don't get mad over the 4th place jokes..not because they're true.. 5 out of 10 seasons at 4th place..

But because it's not like we have a rebuttal in regards to showing growth and being true title challengers, like.. who cares if Liverpool dropped a bit, United drops a bit, Chelsea dropped a bit(last year). At least they're all giving it a real go at making changes and pushing for the title. At least the owners don't only want profits.. they want silverware as well.
Then I guess you won't like the supposed rumour that Perez wants to leave to find game time

I don't understand Arsenal. They desperately need a striker to compete with the top teams and don't sign for ages...then when they do get one they don't play him when he does well? Scored a hat-trick in the group stages of the Champion's League and generally makes an impact or at least tries to. It's ludicrous to not play him when he's in form (much like Welbeck right now).

Like sure, they aren't prolific, like say, Lacazette or Greizmann (who Arsenal are apparantly going to rival Man Utd for) but still...they need those two right now.

It's more like United wanted to sign Thiago, but he prefered Bayern
Pep saw to that, like he saw to a bunch of changes in not only bayern but German football in general. It will be interesting to see if he changes city and England for the better like he did in Germany and Spain

I don't understand Arsenal. They desperately need a striker to compete with the top teams and don't sign for ages...then when they do get one they don't play him when he does well? Scored a hat-trick in the group stages of the Champion's League and generally makes an impact or at least tries to. It's ludicrous to not play him when he's in form (much like Welbeck right now).

Like sure, they aren't prolific, like say, Lacazette or Greizmann (who Arsenal are apparantly going to rival Man Utd for) but still...they need those two right now.
But on the form Sanchez is in, he's basically undroppable. Giroud has also scored quite a lot of late equalisers or winners for them so a chance for Perez is hard to justify given the form of their other forwards.

But on the form Sanchez is in, he's basically undroppable. Giroud has also scored quite a lot of late equalisers or winners for them so a chance for Perez is hard to justify given the form of their other forwards.
I'd argue the reverse, I think Sanchez should be dropped, but not because he's in-form, but rather he's acting more like an ball hogging individual and not as a team player, even more so in recent weeks. Giroud works better when the team has possession and can get crosses into the box (Perez would have been the better substitute IMO).

Stomp on a guys foot, perform terrible flop, lose to national league side. All in a days work for one Joseph Barton. GO LINCOLN!!!

The irony when Barton says cheats should be banned lol.

Fair play to Lincoln City though. More interested in seeing the Sutton vs Arsenal match (their changing rooms are what schools basically have) and whether Arsenal can bounce back after the Munich defeat.

The irony when Barton says cheats should be banned lol.

Fair play to Lincoln City though. More interested in seeing the Sutton vs Arsenal match (their changing rooms are what schools basically have) and whether Arsenal can bounce back after the Munich defeat.
personally hoping for a tie. Want to see a replay at the Emirates

Chelsea vs Man Utd should be a good watch, arguably two best teams in the premier league right now, if you don't listen to 6th jokes.

Sutton vs Lincoln would be amazing to see! That would be a proper ArsenalFanTV and chill session.

will be, Spurs haven't finished the bottlejob yet, Liverpool are shite, City are easily countered, Arsenal are Arsenal...

Man City v Monaco unsurprisingly high-scoring, man city should see it out as long as they can score enough goals to make up for their back line's inability to hold together. Atlético probably could have done better not to concede twice v Bayer Leverkusen but all they really needed was to score against a not-so strong back line and they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)