Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Marianne Williamson

Votes: 19 3.5%
  • Mike Bloomberg

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If mods editing posts is the norm now
This isn't the norm. It's not going to continue
It's baffling to me how inconsistent the moderation of this forum is. I get that moderating this forum and topic are very difficult and I guess there aren't that many mods willing to touch a thread like this (I mean there's a mod who hasn't posted in this forum for almost a year now...) but it's just very confusing to me what exactly the line is for good conduct, almost like the mods themselves are not quite clear on what unacceptable conduct is (how can you tell people to stop bickering while editing people's posts to make fun of them...i mean i dont care lol but then lets not go and pretend we dont want people to "bicker").
Honestly this is the problem with all political forums. There's no way for moderation to be consistent. We're different people with different views. 3 years ago we tried to get 100% approval before doing anything and it just doesn't work. Everybody moderating the forum has their own view on things and there's no way to make us think alike.

That said,
Clearly this thread is never going to be a kumbayah circle, especially with primaries coming up. You're right when we say "stop bickering" it doesn't lead to much because...well this is basically the bicker thread. But don't take this as a blank check. If you break or repeatedly skirt the rules then there's no point having you around. But this thread COULD be a little more lax with the current primary HOIYPE.

That said,
Why the fuck are you posting in the Democratic thread more than half of the dems deceit? U offer nothing other than to confirm everybody's hatred of the Right Wingers

Also: if ppl think that the direction of cong is not something they want, reach out to us. Pm on smogon or discord. Its hard to know what the masses want when all we get are occasional bubbles of discontent every 100 threads that go through. I promise, we are real people

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
Me & my family are going to vote Bernie Sanders in the Primaries for the sole reason to lower the chances of having an actual candidate who can beat President Trump in the actual election. Maybe this is why he is "winning" in your polls. Sanders has slim to no chance of beating the president come election time. I too hope he will be the nominee. Lots of Republicans will be doing the same as well.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/whos-...-to-win-monday-young-lefties-and-donald-trump

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Me & my family are going to vote Bernie Sanders in the Primaries for the sole reason to lower the chances of having an actual candidate who can beat President Trump in the actual election. Maybe this is why he is "winning" in your polls. Sanders has slim to no chance of beating the president come election time. I too hope he will be the nominee. Lots of Republicans will be doing the same as well.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/whos-...-to-win-monday-young-lefties-and-donald-trump
I encourage every republican to vote for Bernie in the primary. I would dispute your claims, but it’s more fun when you don’t know what’s gonna hit you :heart:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.

The actual DMR poll, for anyone interested.

Interesting how scattered the polls have been (aside from Bernie generally being in 1st). Will be interesting to see what the second alignment looks like considering Bernie does really poorly in second choice polls. Will depend on who falls below the viability threshold.

Another notable tidbit is that everyone sort of settled on Biden being 4th in Iowa and NH a few months ago but still considered him the frontrunner. The fact that he's lead the polls until recently have made people forgetful of that, but if we're going by that original standard, a 2nd place showing would be pretty big, as long as he can keep up his huge margins in some later states.

So this user with self-confessed "almost millionaire" parents and pro-lifer who wants people with dissenting opinions from them to have been "aborted at the womb" doesn't like a candidate known for his views on economic equality. Kinda amusingly stereotypical...

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

Didn't Democrats hope for Trump to get the nomination in 2016 for this very reason? Wonder how that worked out :blobthinking:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Entrance polls are showing that there are substantially fewer first-time voters than the past two elections, especially compared to 2008. People forget how well Obama energized young people and typical non-voters.

tbf (and i hate defending mudkipbro), there's a big difference between deleting/trolling a dumb 2 sentence comment and one that someone clearly put a ton of effort into and was at least half reasonable. If mods editing posts is the norm now, could've just snipped the second half about race, because the first part was entirely on topic. Unless the goal is to heavily discourage participation, then carry on.

Also, Cong already is r/politics if we're going by A) demographics and B) the inconsistent and clearly biased moderation (You delete his comment but not the countless off-topic one-liners? Why does The Amazonian Rainforest have any comments still visible in this thread? Why are the handful of Chou Toshio's low-effort comments that are literally fake news still up, even after Sam called him out?*).

I genuinely appreciate your insistence that people stay on topic, but where's the action?

*Like the one directly above mine. Those aren't even close to the results of that poll. A legit fake news one-liner.
Yeah no if you were calling me out three weeks ago youd be right but currently if you noticed i have stopped shitposting because unfortunately no one thinks I'm funny. I know you're not calling me out for being a bad presence when your
posting over the past few days has degraded from simply being incorrect to a toxic, incoherent rant that's clearly agitating everyone in this thread. Sure, maybe im a little new to be acting so vitriolic and that's why everyone has dismissed me as an unimportant shitposter, but you're worse. You have been here for nearly six years yet display constant temper tantrums when your opinion isnt agreed with. Its happened at least three times over the past three pages.
I may not agree with Dece1t ideologically but he clearly makes a hell of an effort on all of his posts, and even if they are incorrect i can respect his opinion.

meanwhile you clearly continue to isolate yourself more and more given by how increasingly frustrated people are responding to you. Everyone else is wrong. Everyone else is ganging up on you. Its abundantly clear by the past string of posts that you are unable to grasp the fact that there are people who can disagree with you.
The funny thing is, i agree with your other point, and I even defended you word for word. Stop shooting yourself in the foot.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Yeah no if you were calling me out three weeks ago youd be right but currently if you noticed i have stopped shitposting because unfortunately no one thinks I'm funny.
You started seriousposting on Saturday. lol That's not 3 weeks ago.

I know you're not calling me out for being a bad presence when your
posting over the past few days has degraded from simply being incorrect to a toxic, incoherent rant that's clearly agitating everyone in this thread.
I forgot to say this last time, but calling my pretty straightforward comments "incoherent" isn't an insult. It just means you can't read.

I may not agree with Dece1t ideologically but he clearly makes a hell of an effort on all of his posts, and even if they are incorrect i can respect his opinion.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but this one cuts deep. :'(

meanwhile you clearly continue to isolate yourself more and more given by how increasingly frustrated people are responding to you. Everyone else is wrong. Everyone else is ganging up on you. Its abundantly clear by the past string of posts that you are unable to grasp the fact that there are people who can disagree with you.
I've never said that everyone else is wrong.

Everyone else here is wrong, but "here" is like 5 random 20-somethings on a Pokemon forum. I get all the validation I need elsewhere e.g. real life. In fact, I find it really amusing that I get such a massively different response here from some Pokemon bros than from prominent political commentators and credible activists, especially when I just copy/paste the same comment.

If you think I should value the drivel here over more legitimate, qualified and diverse voices... sorry, but you just aren't that important.

The funny thing is, i agree with your other point, and I even defended you word for word. Stop shooting yourself in the foot.
I don't see what you agreeing with me has to do with you constantly derailing the thread with off-topic (and as you said, unfunny) one liners. I wouldn't say that calling you out on that is "shooting myself in the foot". Thanks for the concern, but I don't need you as an ally. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Everyone else here is wrong, but "here" is like 5 random 20-somethings on a Pokemon forum. I get all the validation I need elsewhere e.g. real life. In fact, I find it really amusing that I get such a massively different response here from some Pokemon bros than from prominent political commentators and credible activists, especially when I just copy/paste the same comment.

If you think I should value the drivel here over more legitimate, qualified and diverse voices... sorry, but you just aren't that important.
"Stay mad nerd. I have sex, talk with political commentators and credible activists, have a real life, AND I go outside. You're just not important sweetie."

Now watch as I effortpost with a rate of 7 posts per day and counting on this Pokemon forum

EDIT: does NOT have sex, have a real life, or go outside

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
tcr said:
"Stay mad nerd. I have sex, talk with political commentators and credible activists, have a real life, AND I go outside. You're just not important sweetie."

Now watch as I effortpost with a rate of 7 posts per day and counting on this Pokemon forum
I like how you had to add on the "sex", "outside", and "have a life" parts in order to make this non-burn almost work. Especially since I was responding to his attack in the first place. It's not like I was dragging him out of nowhere.

But yes, I do engage with political commentators and credible activists, as any politically active, progressive person should do. Thanks for noticing.

I was going to call you out instead of Amazon for posting countless, unfunny one-liners, but you give me so much free real estate in your head, and I didn't want to jeopardize that deal. Rent is expensive in Chicago.

I'm genuinely curious though: do you think Amazon's opinion (or yours for that matter) should be held in higher regard than professionals? Because in order for me to take your comments seriously, I'd have to totally disregard those qualified voices.

That's kind of Trumpian, don't you think?

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
tcr said:
oh well if you don't have sex or go outside i can take those off if u want

EDIT: editted it for you brother
Why are you so mad right now. lol Nobody was even talking to you. Do you not realize how obsessed you look when you do this unprovoked 3 times a week?

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Ohhhh I see what happened:

Screenshot_20200203-205236_Chrome.jpg

Bernie is losing to the gay mayor, so tcr needs somewhere to deflect his rage.

Don't worry, man. Bernie still has a chance. If be surprised if he didn't pull ahead by the time all the votes are in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)