Media 2022 Music Obsessions

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone listen to The Weeknd’s new album Dawn FM yet?

My first impressions: seamless transitions (not sure if he holds a candle to Jaden Smith’s SYRE but it’s a great attempt), the second half is much more unique sonically than the first half, which all kind of sounds like the same track to me, and I’m not a huge fan of the extended Take My Breath mix. The Lil Wayne feature also comes out of nowhere if you’re not prepared for it. Overall, it’s pretty solid and I’ll honestly probably listen to it top to bottom a few more times.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How do i make you love me? -> Best song of the Album
I think it’s got a solid uptempo, but after a few more listens, there’s something infectious about Is There Something Else?, maybe I’m just a sucker for a sexy midtempo jam, his vocals also kind of remind me of The Beauty Behind the Madness which I’ll never be mad about.
Happy monday to all! Monday song

This video and song are pretty hot ngl, you seem like a nostalgic pop/rhythmic type, have any interest in Remi Wolf (maybe anything off the album Juno like Front Tooth, Anthony Kiedis, or Disco Man)? Or girl in red (specifically songs like body and mind)? Or… Life in Sweatpants? All carry similar sounds in this particular niche, imo.

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
I've been a pretty big fan of the band Tally Hall for some time now, and this thread is now going to be subject to them.

Only, I don't actually plan to talk too much about them. The thing with Tally Hall is that once you start explaining them beyond the very surface-level stuff, it gets extremely complicated and I'm not currently feeling like writing a whole essay. The aforementioned surface-level stuff is that Tally Hall is/was a 2000s rock band from Michigan with a borderline-indescribable style of music (at one point the band said that their genre was "fabloo," a bullshit word they invented because they had no idea how to answer that question), and the sort of weird charm and originality that keeps people interested in a band 10 years after they go on indefinite hiatus. Here's the music video for the opening song on their first album, which I think is a pretty good introduction to the band and their style (mild seizure warning):

They also made Banana Man, one of the most viscerally upsetting things I've ever witnessed:

A few of their members went on to create a project called Miracle Musical, which slaps extremely hard. Here's my favorite song by them (MASSIVE SEIZURE WARNING):

Oh, and one of their members went on to make this:

This band is several experiences.

Daki

❄️
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
&

Currently listening to these 2songs on repeat the morning omw to work.
Frank Ocean is my fav artist, the remix with Jay-Z is amazing!

antemortem

I recently used a bunch of tracks from this stupid cool 2017 African tribal-influenced pop/R&B album by Jamar Rogers for the soundtrack of a theatre production. Baptize Me, Hold onto My Hand, and Apple should be listened to with no-skips!! The rest of it is great shuffled.

He’s also an LA-based artist that was on The Voice back in like 2011 or 2012, had a huge break from music due to hospitalization (due to an undiagnosed HIV positivity and drug-related issues—he’s very open about this and his recovery journey on his TikTok, which has over 40million views), and is now back in full swing!!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, everyone! It's been quite a while since I last posted here, huh.

So, over the past year, I've gotten more inclined to stuff like Ben&Ben's Limasawa Street (the twins happened to be in the same batch as mine during our grade school years; original Filipino music arise!) and more on Within Temptation's albums such as Hydra and Resist, all thanks to this one video.

Speaking of Within Temptation, some of their songs brought me some external vibes, such as Paradise (What About Us?) bringing Jeff Hardy theme vibes and Dangerous bringing Persona 5 vibes (Rivers in the Desert + Dangerous mash-up, anyone? hehe).

Deleted User 589082

Banned deucer.
I listen to A LOT of music mostly pop and rock, but there are some others too. The ones with the star by them are my favorite by that artist.

Pop:
Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus – Best of Both Worlds, Nobody's Perfect, If We Were a Movie, I Got Nerve, Life's What You Make It, We Got The Party, The Other Side of Me, Gonna Get This, Ordinary Girl⭐, True Friend, Who Said, You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home⭐, This is The Life, Let's Get Crazy, He Could Be the One, Rock Star, Pumpin' Up the Party, One in a Million, Make Some Noise, I'll Always Remember You, Bigger Than Us, Wherever I go⭐, Old Blue Jeans⭐, It's All Right Here, I wanna Know You, Love That Lets Go⭐, Need a Little Love⭐, Kiss it Goodbye, Que Sera, Been Here All Along⭐, Every Part of Me, Just Like You, Don't Wanna Be Torn, Spotlight, Are You Ready, Barefoot Cinderella, The Good Life, Mixed Up, What's Not to Like, Let's Do This, Just a Girl, The Climb⭐, Hoedown Throwdown⭐, I'm Still Good, Can't be Tamed⭐, When I look At You⭐, Hope You Find It, Party in the U.S.A, Breakout, 7 Things, The Driveway, Full Circle⭐, Fly on the Wall, Wake up America, These Four Walls, Simple Song, See You Again⭐ Let's Dance, Right Here, Start All Over, East Northumberland High, G.N.O, As I am, I miss you.

Britney Spears – Toxic⭐, Circus, Oops!... I Did it Again, Everytime, Till the World Ends, If U Seek Amy, Lucky, Stronger, Criminal, Womanizer⭐, Sometimes, I wanna Go, ...Baby One More Time⭐, Crazy, Me Against The Music, Hold It Against Me, 3⭐, Shattered Glass, Lace and Leather, Radar, Ooh Ooh Baby⭐.

Rock:
Skillet – Awake and Alive, Monster⭐, Whispers in the Dark⭐, Not Gonna Die, Hero, Legendary, Back From the Dead⭐, It's Not Me It's You, Falling Inside the Black⭐, Finish Line, Terrify the Dark, Comatose⭐, Anchor, Breaking Free⭐.

Red – Who We Are⭐, Hymn For The Missing, Faceless⭐, Let it Burn⭐, Not Alone⭐, Feed the Machine.

Flyleaf – Beautiful Bride⭐, Again⭐, Chasm, Missing⭐, This Close, The Kind, In the Dark, Set Apart This Dream, Swept Away, Tiny Heart⭐, Treasure, Circle, Arise, I'm So Sick, Fully Alive⭐, Perfect, Cassie⭐, Sorrow⭐, All Around Me⭐, I'm Sorry, Red Sam, There For You, Breathe Today, So I Thought.

Paramore – Still Into You, Ain't It Fun, For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic⭐, That's What You Get⭐, Hallelujah, Misery Business⭐, When It Rains, Let the Flames Begin⭐, Miracle, Crushcrushcrush⭐, We Are Broken⭐, Fences⭐, Born For This, Ignorance, The Only Exception, All We Know, Pressure, Emergency, Brighter, Here We Go Again, Never Let This go, Whoa, Conspiracy, Franklin, My Heart.

Linkin Park - Papercut⭐, Crawling, In The End⭐, Figure.09⭐, Breaking The Habit⭐, Numb, Leave Out All the Rest⭐, Shadow of the Day, What I've Done.

Breaking Benjamin – Fade Away, Dear Agony⭐, I will Not Bow, What Lies Beneath⭐, Into The Nothing⭐, Evil Angel, Dance With the Devil⭐, The Diary Of Jane, Until the End, Red Cold River⭐, Psycho, Feed the Wolf⭐, Tourniquet, The Dark of You, Torn in Two⭐, Save Yourself, Polyamorous, Medicate, Next to Nothing, Shallow Bay, So Cold, Sooner or Later, Firefly, Angels Fall, Hollow⭐, Breaking the Silence, Ashes of Eden, Dawn.

Three Days Grace – It's All Over, Animal I Have Become⭐, On My Own, Get Out Alive, Pain⭐, Never Too Late⭐, Time of Dying⭐, Let it Die, I Hate Everything About You⭐, Scared, Take Me Under⭐.

Of course these are just the songs i'd recommend by my favorite artists or just the songs I've heard so far. There are probably lots more by these artists that i haven't heard yet or that you might like, so I do recommend looking for more of their songs! ;D Lemme know if you like any of these! ^v^

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
This song has been stuck in my head. Its pretty good
Loved this song since playing it as a kid on guitar hero lol

You should all listen to Joy Crookes

Some songs I've been liking lately. I think the weather has some sort of an effect on my music taste:
Japanese Mathrock I believe this is.

I think this was on PES 2010?

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Been in a Punk phase lately :blobtriumph: (specifically 00s-era Post-Punk, Dance-Punk, and Pop Punk), discovered Editors this week and absolutely love their second album, it's like Hot Fuss if it was just wall-to-wall bangers

Oh, and LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver is a crazy good album. All My Friends and New York I Love You instantly became two of my favorite songs of all-time good god they're so good (and hit quite hard given where I am in life right now)

Any other recs would be appreciated, so far I've also been digging Green Day, Death from Above, PUP, Melt-Banana, and Interpol. Kinda wish I could get into the older stuff, New Order was pretty good but I couldn't fully get into Talking Heads or Joy Division....

Last edited:

The new Bring Me The Horizon track is pretty fun, definitely better than that first Die4U single at the very least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)