2vs2 Pokemon Analysis: Latios (NEW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicepigeonKKM

Wait, who?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't believe I've done Latis yet, so here goes.

To my understanding, Soul Dew is banned in the upcoming 2006 NOA tourney, thus all item slots involving SD will have an appropriate alternative item.

Dragon Claw
Calm Mind/Protect
Surf/IceBeam/Thunder
Surf/IceBeam/Thunder
@; Soul Dew/Lum Berry

Rain Dance variant, especially if you should opt to start with Kyogre. DC for stab, Ice Beam if you want to dispatch Rayquaza quickly, as he will show up because of Kyogre's potential.

Dragon Claw
Calm Mind/Protect
SolarBeam/HP Fire/IceBeam/Thunderbolt
SolarBeam/HP Fire/IceBeam/Thunderbolt
@; Soul Dew/Lum Berry

Sunny Day variant, especially if you should opt to start with Groudon. DC for stab, Ice Beam if you want to dispatch Rayquaza quickly, as he will show up because of Groudon's potential. Thunderbolt in case you feel opted to take on a Kyogre switch-in.

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Shadow Ball/HP Flying/Thunderbolt/IceBeam/Protect
Shadow Ball/HP Flying/Thunderbolt/IceBeam/Protect
@; Sould Dew/Lum Berry

DD Latios. This thing can own in 2vs2 as it can literally own both Groudon and Kyogre. I tend to opt for Ice Beam just for that purpose, but I do see Thunderbolt used.

Other Options:

Protect if you fear Explosion. If you want to try Recover in a metagame that lasts 8-15 turns on average, be my guest.

Opinion:

This thing is a god, no doubt. Its Speed is pretty high, making it perfect for 2vs2.

EVs:

IMO, always max out speed whenever possible. Special sweepers should stick with SA, where the DD set should have an split between the two. You might wanna toss some into HP but thats up to you.

Preferred Allies:

While Rayquaza gives you another Ice Beam weak, it helps to stop Swift Swimmers/Chlorophyll pokes in their tracks. Latios can usually handle Kyogre, and utterly destroys Groudon. Latios is also a good option for your weather team.

Counters:

Not that many other than Mewtwo, who outspeeds it and owns it if it doesn't have Soul Dew. Pair this up with Rayquaza or a weather oober and you pretty much cover everything else save Explosion. Deoxys-F or Deoxys-E can try to take you on with Shadow Ball, which will hurt. Blissey and Regice can try to wall you and lower your speed, but you should be able to hit hard.

Lati@s without Protect are dead Lati@s. So please mention the real and best 2vs2 Set. D-Claw/IB/T-Bolt/Protect. Theres no need to boost up with CM.

Devilkid is right...Protect on Lati@s is standard in 2vs2 imo. And maybe Thunder for t-bolt ,since you use electric attacks mostly against kyogre in 2vs2.

Hmmm. Helping Hand actually could be very useful in certain situations. But sweeping with Soul Dewless Lati@s can work, just not as well as Mewtwo. It's handy to have both as versatile sweepers that can nail your opponent. Getting walled by special sponges might be a problem though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)