3 Attacks Articuno [QC: 0/3]

“Someone has intruded upon the forest. The enfeebled flow of the icy wind, is the intrusion to blame? It must be stopped. For it is to protect the forest.”

[SET]
name: 3 Attacks
move 1: Hurricane
move 2: Freeze-Dry
move 3: Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Roost
item: Flyinium Z
ability: Pressure
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Freeze-Dry is preferred as it prevents the likes of Lanturn from pivoting away for free. It also deals quad damage against Water-types that share a Rock or Ground typing.
  • Hidden Power Fighting rounds out the rest of Articuno's coverage as it dents Steel-types like Alolan Sandslash and Aggron while also harming Ice-types that resist Articuno's Hurricane such as Aurorus and Rotom-F.
Set Details
========

• Pressure reduces the PP of Stealth Rock against Stealth Rock users Articuno can win against like Mudsdale and Alolan Sandslash by 2 which in the long run can let Defog out PP Stealth Rock.
  • Supersonic Skystrike gives Articuno some extra fire power to get it to OHKO Stoutland and Sableye.
Usage Tips
========

• Articuno still functions as a fine check against Hitmonchan and Gurdurr, so it can pivot into these two and reliably handle most of their moves.
  • Articuno can bluff its SubRoost set if it hasn’t revealed its item yet. Use this to your advantage to catch opposing Steel-types off guard with Hidden Power Fighting.
  • Articuno has a seriously difficult time switching in when Stealth Rock is up so it is recommended to remove them before sending Articuno in.
  • Articuno can be used to stall out the PP of Stealth Rock from Mudsdale and Alolan Sandslash with Pressure to guarantee that your Defog user in the long run outlasts the opposing Stealth Rock user.
Team Options
========

• This Articuno fits more on offensive teams as it has an easier time chipping away and removing Steel-types.
  • Hazard removal is necessary so that Articuno doesn’t lose half its health every time it switches into Stealth Rock. Defog users like Skunktank or Silvally-Fairy or Rapid Spin users like Hitmonchan, Kabutops, or Claydol can remove hazards off of Articuno’s side so it has an easier time getting onto the field.
  • Fighting-types like Gurdurr and Throh defeat the majority of Special Walls that would otherwise wall Articuno.
  • Articuno can remove Steel-types for Kangaskhan and Stoutland which offers them more breathing room to liberally bombard the opponent with their primary Normal-type attacks.
  • Bellossom struggles to break Steel-types, so it finds partnership with Articuno as it can surprise and remove Steel-types to open up a sweep for it.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[BackAtYouBro, 451000]]
- Quality checked by: [[, ], [, ], [, ]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]

Last edited:

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I'm sorry that I have to do this but after talking with other QC members I'll have to QC reject 1/3 this. The majority of the information here is wrong or, like, not completely wrong but still somewhat bad or unnecessary / basic. Overall, this analysis just has too many issues and to fix all of them QC would have to practically write this for you. Sorry again.

To address some of the issues here, most of these sections are either barebones, includes obvious information that doesn't really add to the analysis, or has parts that are just incorrect. a few examples:

Freeze-Dry is preferred as it prevents the likes of Lanturn from pivoting away for free. It also deals quad damage against Water-types that share a Rock or Ground typing.
Why are you generalizing one specific target as its own sentence when it's not a particularly special target? Freeze-Dry also doesn't have a damage bonus against Rock-types at all which could just be an oversight but it shows that you can't find any other proper examples.
Set Details
========
Pressure reduces the PP of Stealth Rock against Stealth Rock users Articuno can win against like Mudsdale and Alolan Sandslash by 2 which in the long run can let Defog out PP Stealth Rock.
Articuno does not function as a defogger so I don't know why there's such a heavy emphasis on Stealth Rock PP of all things when Pressure stalling does not encompass this set. You should be attacking these two examples anyway if Rock Slide variants of Mudsdale are worn down so why is this the example being used for Pressure if anything at all?
Usage Tips
========
  • Articuno still functions as a fine check against Hitmonchan and Gurdurr, so it can pivot into these two and reliably handle most of their moves.
If you're attempting to cross-reference sets it simply doesn't work here: you can check these two (you risk Stone Edge with Hitmonchan), that is correct, but the SubRoost set shares a similar group of checks with this set and this is incorrect in the context of the Defog set so ultimately this information is nothing new to me. Priority number one should be explaining the perks this set has over its others.
  • Articuno has a seriously difficult time switching in when Stealth Rock is up so it is recommended to remove them before sending Articuno in.
  • Articuno can be used to stall out the PP of Stealth Rock from Mudsdale and Alolan Sandslash with Pressure to guarantee that your Defog user in the long run outlasts the opposing Stealth Rock user.
Again, this information is either already obvious to me or doesn't give me proper usage tips for this set; yes I know that Articuno is quad weak to rocks, and while a quick reminder is fine it doesn't really warrant its own bullet when it's just repeating known information. And again, Articuno's goal against Mudsdale and Alolan Sandslash is NOT to stall out Stealth Rock PP, why is the most trivial aspect of Articuno the only thing covered here?

Team Options
========
  • This Articuno fits more on offensive teams as it has an easier time chipping away and removing Steel-types.
Yeah cool it can beat certain Steel-types, but how does that connotate offensive teams? This is just another example of filler that doesn't really address what teams should use Articuno.

• Hazard removal is necessary so that Articuno doesn’t lose half its health every time it switches into Stealth Rock. Defog users like Skunktank or Silvally-Fairy or Rapid Spin users like Hitmonchan, Kabutops, or Claydol can remove hazards off of Articuno’s side so it has an easier time getting onto the field.
  • Fighting-types like Gurdurr and Throh defeat the majority of Special Walls that would otherwise wall Articuno.
  • Bellossom struggles to break Steel-types, so it finds partnership with Articuno as it can surprise and remove Steel-types to open up a sweep for it.
These are all super generic points that don't go into any detail of the true extent of which these teammates can help Articuno. You listed forms of removal and not any particular task they can perform outside of removal. You threw out some statement about how Fighting-types can beat special walls which isn't helpful or even necessarily true without any context (did you mean audino? type: null? you absolutely have to give this some context.) Finally, Bellossom received its own bullet when it's not anything particularly special that warrants such, and even then, steel-types? Bellossom appreciates Articuno's ability to take on Pokemon like Oricorio-G and Roselia much more, especially since Bellossom can beat most steel-types if they attempt to hard switch.

These aren't even all of my gripes with this analysis, these are just the bigger ones I found and even then I find myself having to restructure the whole analysis just to present information correctly and smoothly. For that reason, I'm also gonna have to qc reject this. Don't be discouraged from writing, that's not what I'm trying to do here and I understand that writing is not easy, but it's important that you know what you're writing for and that you can truly get a grasp on the metagame before taking something. If you have any questions then feel free to PM me on discord. You can find me here: @tovarisch#9589. Have a nice evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)