SM OU 3 Button Trick Room + 1 Mega-Camerupt

tumblr_owhzmavw1m1t1jdzto1_500.png
(artwork is by askuxie)

3 BUTTON TRICK ROOM TEAM + 1 CAMEL BOI

A team that I have been experimenting with in the ladder (currently floating around 1500s). As the name suggest, all Pokémon on this team have 1 slot dedicated to trick room except for 1 Camerupt (or any other power house/wallbreaker). This mitigates the need to switch around as much, a weakness plagued by more traditional Trick Room teams, and continually forces the opponent to either taunt you (if they even run it) or attack you head-on, instead of setting up for sweep or setting up hazards or even removing hazards. I just need help with fixing up its blind spots, specifically with certain match-ups. In my experience, this team is pretty good or alright against Balance teams, very good against HO, and absolutely atrocious against Stall. Let me know what you guys think! I'm down to replacing any mons if need be, including the camel, or maybe even make this team full on 3-button!

IMPORTABLES: https://pokepast.es/5de68ab6a284db0c

Uzie (Uxie) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Magic Coat

My most common lead of the team. Sets up Trick Room and Rocks too depending on the situation. Magic Coat is to waste a turn by bouncing back my opponent's own hazards or taunt. Memento is the go-to usually when I need a safe switch for Camerupt, but sometimes I want to save Uxie for when the opponent has a threat that knows Earthquake. Can survive a knock off from most OU dark types and can live at least 1 non-flinching Dark Pulse from specs Gren. I've considered replacing Uxie for Cresselia.

BubbleBuddy (Reuniclus) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Early game all-out attacker that allows me to weaken the opponent's team enough for me to clean up with either Stakataka or Magearna. Immunity to hazards, toxic, and life orb damage makes it an easy enough switch-in, despite it being easily worn down. Not a big fan of Focus Miss, but it's there to hit Heatran and Ferrothorn. I can see myself replacing a move for Recover or replacing Psychic for Psyshock for the Chansey match-ups.

ColdLightan (Stakataka) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

One of the cleaners, depending on what the opponent's team is weak to. Air Balloon is the item of choice to get a free set up on threats like Lando and Excadrill, as well as allowing me to use the Z item for Magearna. Otherwise, a pretty standard Staka TR set. I usually bring out Staka very late game, unless I need to deal with a threat like Chansey or Clefable.

MusikIndustry (Magearna) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 228 HP / 244 SpA / 36 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Standard Smogon OU TR set. Magearna is my only check to Greninja and my main switch in for certain special attackers. Early or late game sweeper, but I try to keep it late game for Magearna if I can.

YungPatra (Cofagrigus) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Toxic spikes setter, toxic spreader, and my main physical attack switch in. If I see that my opponent has either a Tangrowth or a Chansey, I'm most likely going to lead off with Cofa in place of Uxie just so that I can set up t-spikes or spread Toxic. I used to have HP Fighting, but I later changed it to Toxic to deal with Tornadus and Pokemon that could easily stall out my team. Shadow Ball is to weaken the opponent's team enough to allow my other hard hitters to clean up. Cofa also just happens to be a hilarious answer to dangerous Mega-Pokemon like Pinsir, Medicham, Lopunny, and Mawile.

+1CamelBoi (Camerupt) (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Rock Slide

Wallbreaker. Early game threat (and late game if I swap out Uxie for Cresselia) that would otherwise punch through stall teams if it weren't for Chansey. One shots over half the meta, including Pex after stealth rocks. Rock Slide is for Charizard and Volcarona. Nature Power is my most expendable move, but I've made use of it hitting Rotom-W under my opponent's Grassy Terrain one time. Maybe take out NP for Toxic? Also happens to be an easy switch in against Tapu Koko.

THREATS
-Greninja: Magearna and lead Uxie are my only ways of dealing with it without TR already set up. I'm screwed if the other player is smart enough to save the Greninja for later. Otherwise, I could usually play around them as long as I manage my Trick Room turns correctly.
-Other Trick Room teams containing Marowak: Wak straight up just breaks through everything before I can even set up. My team right now has a very bad weakness to Ghost and Dark.
-Stall: Pretty much a 20/80 match-up, in their favor. Sometimes it's an auto lose, other times I just gotta hope that the player is dumb enough to give me their Chansey lol.
-Zygarde: Seeing as how 3 of my pokemon are weak to ground moves, I can see this mon being a problem. My main outs pre TR set up are Cofa and Uxie. Cofa can chip away with Shadow Ball and status it with Toxic poison and Uxie can set up TR and Memento into a check. Substitute sets can give me even more problems and the opponent can just save their Zygarde for when the Trick Room turns run out.

EXAMPLE BATTLES
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...2UgjvmXAKIaFvP1I0yHHRhhaDYP6xYSr6jQEdS07ImZQg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...Kh8Ak6CY0OxWiRtEOtT8R1jLPeaAUIyyfZE-z6DBAFPNY
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...VpRk3uD0nkeJd8ARQ9TXoOXXayGxczEypzmFv13G0w15k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)