[38-BS] Trick Room in Little Cup

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would really like to write an article about Trick Room in LC, as it's something I enjoy and have experience with. I laddered a lot with it, and I've made a Trick Room RMT. It's something of an underrated playstyle, and considering how speed oriented the metagame is, it can be a disruptive and effective team archetype.

First, I would write an introductory paragraph or two on Trick Room, how the teams that use it should generally be oriented, outline the pros and cons, and explain that it's somewhat viable but without overselling it.

I'd then write a paragraph on each of the viable setters (Spritzee, Porygon, Solosis, Pumpkaboo-Super, Bronzor, other niche setters) and the role they each perform.

Then, I'd write about the Pokemon who are deadly under trick room, powerful Pokemon with high stats, but with low enough speed to be effective under trick room (Magnemite, Cubone, Trapinch, Timburr, Azurill, Fletchling, Cranidos, Pawniard, Clamperl)

I'd mention the counters that trick room teams face, slow walls, fast Taunters, Knock Off, stall teams.

Finally, I'd write a closing paragraph once again outlining that Trick Room is certainly viable and usable, but can see itself outclassed by other playstyles.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nothing new is getting Trick Room as far as I recall, but Pancham might become a viable threat.
What does Pancham get?
Sorry I haven't been following it.

I'd wait to see if OR/AS brings anything new for TR. If not, there may be articles with more relevant topics. That is not to say that TR ISN'T relevant, its just some certain strategies/pokemon are better suited for a Smog article. Though, If nothing turns up, I'd be all for this idea.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What does Pancham get?
Sorry I haven't been following it.

I'd wait to see if OR/AS brings anything new for TR. If not, there may be articles with more relevant topics. That is not to say that TR ISN'T relevant, its just some certain strategies/pokemon are better suited for a Smog article. Though, If nothing turns up, I'd be all for this idea.
Pancham gets Knock Off and Drain Punch while being slow enough to fully abuse those moves, while being able to use Parting Shot to bring its TR setters back in.

Inkay has access to Knock Off as well as Trick Room, meaning it doesn't have to use a Choice Scarf to outspeed everyone

Pumpkaboo-Super gets Synthesis which will make it a more sustainable setter.

I understand if I can't do it right now, that's cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)