49 raids the fridge

Mhmm, yummy, leftovers, scrumptious :] This is somewhat late, but I can hardly do anything about that tbh, and better late than never '~' Kinda new with all this, and I may have accidentally doubled up on 'mons that have already been addressed, but discuss whatever is deemed pertinent :P Oh, and if I missed anything, messed up the format, or just wrote something that doesn't make sense, please forgive me, I'm finishing this up at midnight, because I'm dumb :[[[ Sorted alphabetically because ocd.

• Absol was updated fairly recently iirc, and everything looks fairly up-to-date and pertinent to its role in the metagame. All it needs is a quick SCMS edit replacing all mentions of Dread Plate with superior Blackglasses, but otherwise it looks fine to me.

Analysis Worthy?: Yes
Revamp: No

• Chill analysis writer, chill analysis. No changes.
  • Might be worth a quick edit, either via SCMS or by means of minor update, to reword the overview / certain bits elsewhere to be somewhat more kind to Momo / reflect it's value in stall and utility in balance (iirc I wrote this when a large sum of people were in a "Momo is awful" mindset and the meta still had a noteworthy offensive stint to it). Oh, and a mention of TSpikes in C&C, though Regen makes it much more resilient to them than a bunch of other defensive 'mons

• Another seamless analysis, no changes
  • Pretty recently updated tbh, might be worth noting its ability to absorb TSpikes briefly in the Overview, but that can be done over SCMS. Honestly, really inclined to transfer the SpA EVs over to SpD, since they're over-complicating the spread with no immediate benefits (iirc they don't quite guarantee the KO's they "push", and it was a really awkward passage to write :[ ), but this is something that can be done through SCMS as well.

• While not outright "bad", Arbok's analysis needs to better convey why it should be getting used (being an offensively-inclined Poison-type, it can both absorb TSpikes and set up on / beat 'Growth, can serve dual purpose as an Intimidate check, etc.), as opposed to stating it to be bad w/out being informative
  • Specific details of the Coil set need to be re-affirmed (Aqua Tail eclipses EQ in terms of usefulness quite often, possibly worth mentioning Crunch / Seed Bomb in AC), and a bulky Coil set (I lean towards 240 HP / 36 Atk / 168 SpD / 64 Spe, Adamant) may be its own set as well.
  • Generally speaking, this analysis needs to be bolstered in most sections, details are rather skimpy. It's also showing its age quite a bit, so more relevant details would be nice as well

Revamp: Yes

• Very, very niche Pokemon, to the point that there's barely any reason to use it. Its painfully unhelpful defensive typing and own vulnerability to hazards makes it a poor defensive spinner, and offensively speaking it is rare that it a situation will arise that it will be worth running over Kabutops.
  • Three sets is completely and utterly excessive, and if Armaldo is to receive an RU analysis at all, it should be with this set:
    Armaldo @ Lum Berry | Battle Armor
    Adamant | 240 HP / 168 Atk / 56 SpD / 44 Spe
    Rapid Spin | Swords Dance | Stone Edge | X-Scissor / Earthquake

This set capitalizes on the narrow niche Armaldo retains, being that it is a an offensively-inclined Rapid Spin user that both is not as hard-pressed as its competitors to predict the Ghost-type switch-in (Cryo needs to hit SpDef 'Tomb on the switch in order to effectively force it into RestTalk cycles w/out risking being battered down significantly and / or burned, 'Tops needs to SD / hit Rotom on the switch, and w/bulk investment the former becomes a non-option) in order to have a shot at spinning, and a set-up 'mon that is both bulky and strong enough to apply pressure to common "balance team" defensive cores moderately well. EVs outpace defensive Tangrowth, and give the bulk to avoid the 2HKO from bulky Rotom's TBolt after SR. AC would have a "fast" spread for outpacing Momo, a mention of running 136 Atk / 28 Def to avoid the 2HKO from Foul Play, and SR+Rock Blast.

Analysis Worthy?: Probably Not No
Revamp: Yes, if determined to be worth an analysis N / A

• This analysis really seems aged looking at it, it would strongly appreciate some more precise, pertinent content
  • Inclined to say that mono-attacking DD is the only set worth using (ie.remove Waterfall slash, Marvel Scale > Shed Skin for the sake of consistency performance-wise), as Druddigon gives the support set far too much compeition, being less vulnerable to Sub users, less item-reliant, and having a more consistent para move aaaahhhh, i'm dumb :[[[

• This analysis looks fairly dated and sensory, so at the very least that needs addressing w/more relevant mentions on most counts
  • I'm inclined to say that the Acro and CM (both Sub+Pinch and ChestoRest) are the only worthwhile sets, relegating Weather Support to OO, though others may well feel strongly about them

• Somewhat biased, but I feel as though the current analysis isn't bad at all, it covers most points about Drudd pretty well imo
  • Some minor points are worth discussing (maybe CB > SR, Sleep Talk for slash or heavy AC on CB, etc.), but these can be easily managed through SCMS edits

• Honestly there isn't much to be said of Electivire that isn't covered currently. It isn't needlessly derogatory, but manages to relay its mediocrity, so I'd say its appropriate enough tone-wise as well.

• There are a lot of minor things that need to be addressed here, to the point where SCMS edits don't seem quite sufficient. Overview and AC, specifically, could be fleshed out quite a bit, the current analysis doesn't seem proper of such a mainstay of the tier.

• While pretty well-written, the analysis is fairly old, and it still gives off a "Why doesn't it have Flare Blitz?" vibe, which would be nice to be rid of. It also still states it to be a Moltres check, and references its ability to avoid the 2HKO from Air Slash, among other issues
  • The analysis should be set up in a manner that reflects its role as a niche support 'mon for stall to check specially-based Fire-types (a fairly recurring issue within the archetype) and secondary response to Focus Blast-toting special attackers such as Sceptile and Accelgor, while continuing to provide a moderate amount of team support (Wish / Heal Bell / status platform). Disallowing a free switch for Durant is a plus.

• The Mixed Attacker set is aggressively mediocre, failing to consistently core-break under normal circumstances, and should probably be moved to OO. The CB set, while not anything spectacular, is nice for its ability to avoid burns. Worth considering a more offensively inclined version of the BP set, making BU the exclusive slash for a boosting move; BU+BP Floatzel is actually fairly useful against stall, since their primary phazer, Steelix, can't effectively match up against it, while Floatzel can grab / pass off a bunch of boosts v.'Tomb or Momo (as some examples), and offense put a lot of strain on Scarf Rotom-C / N to check if Floatzel actually has the capacity to hit back.
  • Generally fairly old as well, so that might be worth addressing as well.

• CB is almost definitely OO material, rather than a set. Also, and this may just be personal bias, but I strongly feel as though bulky SubDD should be either the main set or heavy AC (max / max Jolly w/Taunt or SD getting the contrary mention).
  • A touch dated as well, so that would be nice to clean up.

Revamp: Yes No

• Vague and dated, re-affirming slashes and EV spreads would be ideal. The current analysis shows an evident lack of knowledge of the 'mon (the overview literally sounds like the person just read off Golbat's immunes, resists, and weaknesses, then put them in para form :[ ), which would be nice to iron out.
  • Oversells the 'mon quite a bit, needs to be toned down substantially.

• I got way too many of my revamps mixed in here .-. Either which way, most of the points covered look to be fairly pertinent, as it was revamped fairly recently.
  • SCMS edits to bump Fire Punch > Drain Punch on the Tank set, perhaps an inclusion of Magic Coat in the AC

• Hardly the most metagame-relevant 'mon, but the current analysis does a pretty solid job covering Hariyama. Not much to say tbh :x

• Covered fairly well all in all, not much to say of it
  • Possibly worth larger mention of Foresight, especially on the LO Attacker, and perhaps a quick mention of common Protect users (Momo, Clef, anything Nails runs, etc.) in C&C when regarding HJK use, but that can handled through SCMS

• Bulky Double Dance (136 HP / 188 Atk / 184 Spe, Adamant, running Lum / LO) should probably be the only set, as it capitalizes best on Kingler's strong points over Kabutops, 'Gatr, and Samurott; Hyper Cutter neutralizes Qwil's Intimidate, which is nice, and being able to Agility boost over relying of priority is nice in certain scenarios. No idea where the original analysis got the idea its main competition came from Crawdaunt x_x
  • Otherwise, simply old and in need of re-tooling, so that'd be just swell.

• Looks fairly well done, Lilligant is a very simple 'mon in the grand scheme of things
  • Quick SCMS edits for Magneton mentions in AC would be nice, as well as a possible Grass Gem mention, otherwise no complaints imo

• Fairly old, so a revamp for the sake of making it actually pertinent to the metagame wouldn't hurt
  • Heavy AC mention of a "bulky" spread. Might be worthing considering dropping Shadow Claw to AC as well, considering the only relevant Ghost-types ('Tomb is getting hit harder by Seed Bomb regardless) that aren't OHKOed at +6 by Seed Bomb are bulky Rotom, Dusknoir, and Misdreavus, none of whom are overly common nowadays. Sorta iffy on Rock Smash as a slash, but Aggron has developed back into a pretty solid 'mon as of late, so it's probably still worth at least AC mention

• Magmortar's niche as a stall / core - breaker has become far less prominent when compared to Moltres (hits harder, recurring threat w/Roost, immune to [T]Spikes, etc.), which should be reflected in the analysis
  • Timid should probably be made the main slash to allow Mag to restrict Smeargle to one layer, in order to wring out its advantages over similar 'mons. In a similar vein, Taunt should probably get some heavier consideration, either as a slash (over Sub) or in AC. A minor revamp to cover these points would be fine.

• Everything looks fairly well-covered here. It might not hurt to address its competition for a team-slot w/'Tomb (the more commonly utilized defensive spin-blocker of the tier), but that's a quick edit
  • Minor points, including bumping Foul Play up to a main slash alongside Shadow Ball and better explaining PSong (ie.explain it's for use on stall), would be nice as well, but that can also be cleared up via SCMS handily.
  • An NP set definitely needs to go up at some point, but that's low-priority atm, and something that can be handled at a later time

• Yeah, QD set's gone, there's so little reason to use it that it hurts :[
  • Considering the current analysis has a focus on the QD aspect of Mothim, this means that it needs to be re-written to reflect its role change (the set comments+AC of the current Specs set are still pertinent and well-written though, so it's just the Overview, OO, and C&C that needs tinkering). Should be able to cleaned up and shipped out p.fast imo.

• Uglymon extraordinaire, but it's fairly usable (though I really dislike the SpDef set '~' )
  • Were this to get an analysis, it should probably be for a bulky CB set (STAB / [Fire Punch / Brick Break] / Shadow Sneak / Sleep Talk), since it makes the most use of Muk's decent Attack, tankiness (that a word?), and even immunity to Trick (Poison Hand is ok as well). Of course the rest of the analysis would follow suit, were this change made Vote of trust on this one :J

Analysis Worthy?: Maybe

• Mostly minor changes here, all of which can probably be handled through SCMS. I'm for scrapping the SubPunch set (which I for one have never seen perform well), and removing the Toxic slash on the defensive set might be for the best as well. Oh, a quick mention of ProTox > RestTalk in AC wouldn't hurt either.

• The analysis does a pretty nice job conveying Qwil's role in the metagame, but there are some issues that should probably be SCMS'ed up. I am one under the impression that (T)Spikes / Taunt / Waterfall are practically mandatory for Qwilfish, with the final slot up to personal necessity (with options dropping any of those three relegated to AC), but I may just be using it wrong '-'
  • The current spread is practically Speed creeping (Modest Oma / max Speed Golurk and so forth are borderline nonexistent), and should probably be changed. AC mentions of different Speed benchmarks (96 EVs for Timid Oma / Jolly Crawdaunt, 176+Jolly for Smeargle, etc.), should also be illustrated.
  • However, these are all really better suited for SCMS :>

• The overview comes across as very odd (high risk, high reward, hardly describes Rhydon, unless Mono-Water / Grass has suddenly become a prominent archetype lol), and the analysis doesn't seem to have been updated in a while now
  • It wouldn't hurt to re-evaluate EV spreads, especially on the Tank set, and there's definitely potential AC / slash material that's been overlooked, or simply wasn't pertinent at the time of the previous update

• QC was pretty careful about making sure this was done appropriately, I'd say it holds up fine, given the material in question haha

• The metagame hasn't been overly kind to Serperior, the analysis should reflect that.
  • The Dual Screens and Glare sets should probably be removed, being very underwhelming sets as a whole '~' CM should be over Coil, running Life Orb exclusively (w/Taunt slashed alongside Sub), and HP Flying should be given mention in AC (maintains coverage v.Bug- and Grass-types, while hitting Scarfboar and maintaining perfect Speed IVs, as trivial as the latter point is).

• The Offensive and CM sets seem as though they could very easily be merged, as they serve fairly similar functions. A bulky spread should also get mention in AC.
  • I lean towards replacing Cosmic Power with the bulky CM set w/Flame Orb, since it is much more consistent performance-wise, not being nearly as reliant upon set-up to deal any sort of damage (and thereby much less prone to crits).
  • The analysis is fairly well-written, and it wouldn't hurt to use as a base, but there are a couple too many shifts for SCMS to do it justice.

• Tauros is a fairly linear 'mon, and the analysis is fairly well written, I see no reason to revamp tbh. Maybe some very minor SCMS edits to mention minor stuff (ex: Occa Escavalier), but nothing else seems necessary

• Despite being moderately old (I wrote this in the Cress meta lol), there really isn't all too much need to tamper with this imo; Typhlosion hasn't shifted in role at all really, so its pretty safe to stick to atm
  • It's worth a SCMS to include mentions of Druddigon, perhaps downplaying Lanturn a little bit, but generally it doesn't seem worth a full revamp

• Minor details, such as inconsistencies in spread (unless there's a really good reason the general support variant runs 4 Spe and the Sun supporter runs 8 lol) and perhaps slashes (remove Leech Seed on support, y / n), need to be done, but those are SCMS edits at best

• The current analysis is incredibly vague, and while the 'mon does leave a lot of leg room in terms of options, it should be somewhat more explicative and informative overall.
  • Though the merit of a speedier spread is certainly there, and should be given heavy acknowledgment, I've found a bulkier spread (100 HP / 184 Def / 124 SpD / 100 Spe Calm, enough to outpace min Speed Spiritomb) to be more consistently effective in its role
  • Custap might be worth a quick OO mention alongside DBond, otherwise there isn't much else :/

Last edited:
I'll look into this more later, but a few of these definitely dont need revamps. The main thing is that XY comes out tommorow and too many revamps would be bad.

Dragonair - You were looking at the NU analysis :P anyway, the RU revamp,was done two weeks ago and follows exactly what you just said.
Muk - Revamp isn't even a month old. CB has been rejected in the past. Oglemi did the analysis. It's totally fine.
Mothim - An edit to the Overview and C&C could be done over SCMS. Not very much needs to be changed.
Sigilpyh - Fairly recent iirc. CM would cause a triple slash and CM causes a set up sweepers, which is too different. fCP isn't good but you need to know how to use and deal with it because it can be devastating if you don't know how to deal with it or get unlucky.

Those 4 really stand out to me as ones that don't need a revamp, although there may be others.

Last edited:
ahhh, my bad on Dragonair lol. As for Muk, I'm inclined to disagree out of habit (it bothers me that Muk's only on-site set is supposed to lure things, which it won't be accomplishing if Muk is allegedly incapable of filling any other role), but I'll trust QC's judgment on that one. In regards to Sigilyph however, I really feel it needs the revamp, if only a minor one. While I understand the traditional practice of a set-up 'mon needing to be distinguished from an all-out attacker, at its core these sets have a very similar goal (core-breaking and generally throwing around attacks mid-game, then ideally sweeping in the late-game), the key difference being that CM sacrifices a coverage move for the ability to more comfortably sweep in the late-game. As for the CP set, while I agree that it can be devastating, the CM+Flame Orb set achieves this same goal while posing some offensive threat before getting to +6, at the cost of becoming minutely more susceptible to physically-based 'mons capable of evading issues with a burn (ie.Entei, Emboar, Lum 'mons). Of course, even then, throwing around Psychics before setting up can remedy this issue, similar to how the CP set has to throw around Psycho Shifts first, which in the end leaves them at basically the same place as they were. Basically, from what I've seen, CM+Flame Orb is minutely better than CP at what it does, though I could very well be wrong here.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll take my hand on a couple here:

Druddigon: I honestly feel that the CB set needs a good bit of work. When I use CB Druddigon, I quite literally run Outrage, Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, and Sleep Talk unless I'm running it with Scarf Emboar. (in which case, I typically use Superpower over Sleep Talk) CB Druddigon is a fantastic Sleep absorber and it doesn't give 2 shits about anything a common sleep inducer is going to throw at it. While I don't feel as though the entire Druddigon analysis needs a re-write, I feel as though the CB set does due to the fact that it's a great sleep absorber and there's currently no mention of that.
Amoonguss: I remember HnC talking more about this a while back, but Foul Play may deserve an AC mention in the Pivot set, or at the very least, an OO mention.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think we should ditch Armaldo's analysis. It's pretty bad in NU, and I honestly don't see the merit in it in RU with Kabutops around; Kabutops is infinitely better because it spins much more reliably, thanks to Water STAB and better Speed to work off of; Kabutops is also much better at rain sweeping. Armaldo just isn't worth it and I'd say the analysis be gone.

Also from the looks of it you're looking at Fraxure's NU analysis, not the RU one. (the CB set is decent in NU) The RU analysis only has DD as a set, Sub might be worth it, but Fraxure's RU analysis is fine.

Also i think Whimsicott's overview needs to be toned down big time; Whimsicott is pretty mediocre in RU atm and we need to give a tone that shows that.

Also i think Whimsicott's overview needs to be toned down big time; Whimsicott is pretty mediocre in RU atm and we need to give a tone that shows that.
Honestly it looks fine to me. The overview, states its a niche mon with a poor reputation, has a ton of useful support moves, is limited to support, has a mediocre bulk without recovery, and cannot hurt Grass-types but is overall still a decent Grass pivot. Unless the whole overview is negative (which I would dislike even though I hate Whimsi more than even noir) Whimsicott couldn't have a much more negative overview without it being unecessarily cruel. The overview doesn't scream its very useful or anything.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tauros really needs a revamp imo:

- The overview doesn't do a good job of explaining Tauros's role and as a result ends up underselling it -- Tauros is mid-A rank, one of the 25 best mons in RU, but you wouldn't know that or why you should use it from the overview.
- Durant is only mentioned in passing as a target for Fire Blast, but the fact that Tauros outspeeds and OHKOes Durant without needing a Scarf is actually one of its major selling points imo; the list of Pokemon that can do that is pretty damn short.
-The paragraph about using Intimidate over Sheer Force is misleading. It says "this comes at the cost of a lot of the power Sheer Force provides", which is simply not true - Double Edge and Stone Edge are actually slightly MORE powerful than Rock Climb and Rock Slide, and Earthquake's power doesn't change. The actual cost of using Intimidate is the loss of bulk due to LO + Double Edge recoil, and the loss of wallbreaking abilities as Tauros can no longer 2HKO Poliwrath/Qwilfish or Tangrowth/Steelix/Ferroseed with Zen Headbutt or Fire Blast. Those are the two things that make Tauros stand out from other Normal-types, and that's why you never see non-Sheer Force Tauros in RU.
- Alomomola needs to be added to C&C. Hitmonchan and Manectric should be removed since Tauros survives Mach Punch and all of Scarf Manectric's attacks and will OHKO both of them back.
- Mention Thunder in OO to 2HKO Alomomola?

I think if we tried to SCMS all that in, we'd end up rewriting 80% of the analysis anyway, so might as well make it an official revamp.

Ayte, sorry for taking so long to respond to things, irl stuff, ya know?

Anyway, it's looking pretty unanimous in regards to Armaldo, so that's all well and good, mahswell just drop it imo. As for Fraxure, no idea how I keep managing that :> Still think it might be worth beefing up a bit, but that's really low priority, since its currently relaying Fraxure's role decently enough haha.

As for Whimsi, I feel as though the analysis is fairly accurate; it doesn't by any means push it as an excessively useful 'mon, rather a niche utility 'mon, and it doesn't go as far as needlessly bashing it. In terms of content, there are some inconsistencies between the sets (they run different speed, natures, moveslot orders) that need to be corrected, and perhaps a few questionable mentions worth [re]moving (ie.Magmortar as the primary partner of the support set, Leech Seed overall, etc.), but those aren't worth a total revamp imo '~'

As far as Tauros goes, looking at it with a bit more scrutiny, I'm inclined to lean towards revamp too :x In addition to being incredibly sensory, I agree that it does undersell Tauros quite a bit (if you can call not really explaining its role in the meta underselling x_x). There's even a bit of outright false information in it (Bulldoze doesn't get a Sheer Force boost :> ), so yeah, thoughts?

edit: oh, sorry, forgot to address the Drudd point. CB is definitely something that I'd agree to cleaning up, but I don't think that's enough to warrant a full revamp. I figure something to the effect up revamping that set alone (I could probably pick that up, avoid inconsistent writing style or whatever), would be the best method of going about that, but if anybody feels differently, then feel free to mention any alternatives :)

edit2: really? serebii lied to me mang, that's bogus =( Well either way it's still substantially weaker, and the loss of LO recoil isn't worth putting it even in OO imo

Last edited:
As far as Tauros goes, looking at it with a bit more scrutiny, I'm inclined to lean towards revamp too :x In addition to being incredibly sensory, I agree that it does undersell Tauros quite a bit (if you can call not really explaining its role in the meta underselling x_x). There's even a bit of outright false information in it (Bulldoze doesn't get a Sheer Force boost :> ), so yeah, thoughts?
Bulldoze does get an SF boost tho :P But I do agree it should probably be revamped, especially due to some admittedly unnecessary information provided (Bulldoze shouldn't even be considered, for instance)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)