5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Tesseraction, here's my result you wanted, and a little more info also.

VERSION: WHITE (ENGLISH)
MAC ADDRESS: 00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F
DS MODEL : DS LITE
TIMER0: C7F
VCOUNT: 60
VFRAME: 6
TID: 31717
SID: 24142

SEED: 4BFC809C4A720BDB (31/31/31/X/31/31)
TIME: 07:52:25
DATE: 06/27/2012
IV FRAME: 8

Seed Inspector Result (Serious):

FRAME: 42 NATURE: SERIOUS EVERSTONE: NONE PID: 7E0C606E !!!: NONE DW: NONE ABIL: 0 GENDER: M/M/F/F HP: FEMALE ATTACK: MALE DEFENSE: 31 SPECIAL ATTACK: X SPECIAL DEFENSE: MALE SPEED: 31 POSSIBLE HIDDEN POWER TYPES -

Both parents are physically flawless.

If you're getting "Capable of Taking hits" as the characteristic for the serious egg, then that frame fits for a starting frame without a doubt, via the Pid % 6 method.

But you get something that doesn't match 43 after chattering twice?

Pid % 6 (modulo 6) determines the characteristic in the case of a max IV tie. When you're breeding many 31s onto a Pokemon, it becomes a reliable way of differentiating multiple frames with the same nature/ability.

see 3rd post of the thread :)

I run a python script XD

Code:
def pidtodec(pid):
	""" return the decimal form of the personality value """
	return int(pid,16)

def characteristic(pid):
	""" in the case of a tie, the stat that rules the characteristic """
	characteristic = pidtodec(pid) % 6
	if characteristic == 0:
		return 'HP'
	elif characteristic == 1:
		return 'Attack'
	elif characteristic == 2:
		return 'Defense'
	elif characteristic == 3:
		return 'Speed'
	elif characteristic == 4:
		return 'Special Attack'
	elif characteristic == 5:
		return 'Special Defense'

Nothing fancy, but I'm a mathemetician, not a programmer!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do you do the PID % 6 Method?...

Sorry, I've never heard of this before. :l
Next version of RNG Reporter will do the calculation automatically for you, and show the exact characteristic you will get. There will be boxes where you can input the parent IVs and the IVs of the current IVRNG frame.

How would I use Timer Finder to limit encounter slots? I'm looking for an Axew/Haxure with Ability 1 (Mold Breaker). The Encounter Slot button is greyed out for some reason.

Parameters:

MAC: 0009BF13CCF6
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8
GxStat: 6
Timer0: C7F

Tesseraction, I followed your guide exactly, and now I am the proud owner of a Adamant Guts Mach Punch Drain Punch Flawless Physical Timburr! <3

Thanks for all your help. ^_^

I award you with an internet chocolate chip cookie.

I award everyone else who contributed to RNG Reporter and PPRNG an internet pizza.

Congratulations! And, awesome, because I'm hungry.

Zerofocus: First you'd find a spread in the IV RNG. You wouldn't deal with encounter slots until you started dealing with PIDRNG. There should be a deeper explanation on the first page of the thread.

TBH, the easiest way is to open up the Pokedex, IV Checker in RNG reporter.

Before I knew that was there, I would search Bulbapedia for "abilityname"

It would have a list of the Pokemon with that ability, and it would have it listed as their "First Ability" - 0 or their "Second Ability" - 1.

I still do that out of habit, honestly.

It would have a list of the Pokemon with that ability, and it would have it listed as their "First Ability" - 0 or their "Second Ability" - 1.

Okay, thanks. I;m using PPRNG, btw. :p

Wow, never knew about this option! that helps. Does that also helps with encounter slots? or is there another way to check? or just trail and error with that (for wilds this is more then breeding)

New problem, with same information as on pages 213 and 214. This time I'm hitting Frame 3 on 04/04/2011 at 22:18:29 for a 30/31/30/19/30/31 with a Timer0 of C7F, but my game keeps switching between a Timer0 of C7F and C80. How do I manipulate this to keep it at either one?

Im trying to RNG my ID/Sid

I have my seed I want to use 48609E94F716606F
And my Target Frame is 49
I Press Find ID Seeds And Find One with the frame 44
I now dont know how to get my ID

Any help would be great thanks :)

So... does anyone have any idea how to determine what the offspring of a Nidoran F will be? I thought it would just be like any other 50% Female species, but my Special Flawless Hustle Nidoran just hatched as a female when the pid only reads the 75% column as F.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So... does anyone have any idea how to determine what the offspring of a Nidoran F will be? I thought it would just be like any other 50% Female species, but my Special Flawless Hustle Nidoran just hatched as a female when the pid only reads the 75% column as F.
Use a different frame. It's not PID related, it's a decision. Nobody's researched it :)

New problem, with same information as on pages 213 and 214. This time I'm hitting Frame 3 on 04/04/2011 at 22:18:29 for a 30/31/30/19/30/31 with a Timer0 of C7F, but my game keeps switching between a Timer0 of C7F and C80. How do I manipulate this to keep it at either one?
For me, I try to hit my keypress at different times within the second. Just keep playing with it. If you can't get the right Timer0 try a different seed.

Im trying to RNG my ID/Sid

I have my seed I want to use 48609E94F716606F
And my Target Frame is 49
I Press Find ID Seeds And Find One with the frame 44
I now dont know how to get my ID

Any help would be great thanks :)
Now you want to hit the seed generated from Pandora's box with the date and time given (delete you old save file first). Then start your new game and check the TID you get. Type it in 'Seed Finder' in Pandora's Box along with the date/time and hit 'Find seed hit'. If you hit the right seed, the number in the frames column will be your starting frame for that seed. Say it is 30. You do 44 -30 = 14. This 14 is the amount of times you have to hit 'no' when the Professor asks you to confirm your name. Finally, hit 'yes' and hopefully you hit the right seed and you have the correct TID/SID combination.

I want to thank everyone again for your help. I have finally RNG'ed my first shiny pokemon, a flawless adamant intimidate Sandile. The frame was at 431, and the chatot chattering was tedious, (took me about 15 minutes) but it paid off! Thanks everyone!

^__________________^

I want to thank everyone again for your help. I have finally RNG'ed my first shiny pokemon, a flawless adamant intimidate Sandile. The frame was at 431, and the chatot chattering was tedious, (took me about 15 minutes) but it paid off! Thanks everyone!

^__________________^

Small note, you dont have to hear the whole chatter. just entering hsi status screen is enough. Having 2, and quiklly switching between em goes fast as hell :)

Anyway, GRATS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)