5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

yes I am talking bout PIDRNG frame.

yea my IV frame is 1.

yeap I am at P2 Laboratory where Str0ngbad told me to go to.

and i am not going for shiny pokemon as i do not know my ID and SID=(

I thought I only need to copy one of the full seed from the time finder and put it in the main screen?

my starting frame is 43. and the target frame that I want to hit is frame 93 as it is bold with ability 1 which I am after. So that should be correct right?

sadly i only caught 1 chatot.. have to breed another in order to have a pair haha.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
In RNG Reporter click 5th gen tools > Black/White Encounter Tables. In the main window Method 5 PIDRNG will show you the PID Frames so you know what frame to hit for a particular encounter slot.

yea my IV frame is 1.

I thought I only need to copy one of the full seed from the time finder and put it in the main screen?

my starting frame is 43. and the target frame that I want to hit is frame 93 as it is bold with ability 1 which I am after. So that should be correct right?

sadly i only caught 1 chatot.. have to breed another in order to have a pair haha.
Yeah, but you can use other frames even if they aren't Bold.

but if I am using a synchronizer I thought it only can change the nature that are Bold in the RNG reporter?

there is only one NPC which rotates and not walk around

yea my IV frame is 1.

If you've also got the hang of encounter slots and entering the game at the right time with your C-Gear turned off it seems like you know everything you need at this stage.

First record a new chatter just to make sure it will work. Then save in the long grass with your synchroniser leading your party, turn your game off, adjust your DS clock, (You are using a legit game in an old DS or DS lite with no AR cart? DSi and 3DS don't work for RNGing.) enter a game at the right time, (usually one second before the time of your seed,) immediately view your Chatot's summary 50 times, sweet scent and catch your target.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

Regarding your ID/SID, these are on every pokemon you catch or breed in your current game. You can see your ID on them. For your SID, either upload one of your pokemon to Pokecheck, (google it,) and you will be able to see your SID on the stats they show, (only a copy uploads, you keep your original,) or trade one to someone who has the means to view this themselves. I have IR GTS installed, a virtual GTS app, which enables me to see SIDs. That's something you might want to look into some day for storing copies of your RNG'd beauties.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I'm trying to RNG in the Sandstorm where I can't use Sweet Scent. How am I supposed to be able to hit my seed with out advancing my IV Frame?

thank you Str0ngbad and Kailassa! my first proper RNG=)! I followed the wrong encounter slot until i realise i wanted to follow slot 5 which I only need to chatot 6 times=D!

Thank u Str0ngbad for the synchronizers and flawless ditto!=D

Btw Kailassa, it seems even if there is no Bold, the nature will follow the synchronizer=D and thank u so much for ur steps too!=) that made me certain. oh and bout shiny.. that will have to wait until i get to be more experienced=D!

thank you Str0ngbad and Kailassa! my first proper RNG=)! I followed the wrong encounter slot until i realise i wanted to follow slot 5 which I only need to chatot 6 times=D!

Btw Kailassa, it seems even if there is no Bold, the nature will follow the synchronizer=D and thank u so much for ur steps too!=) that made me certain. oh and bout shiny.. that will have to wait until i get to be more experienced=D!
If it wasn't bolded, it shouldn't have been a synchronized frame. You may have gotten the nature due to having a Synchronizer and not knowing it, or that the frame was the desired nature even without the synch.

Considering you thanked Strongbad for the synch, you did use it. Which is how you got the desired result.

I'm glad you caught the critter you were aiming for. Don't rely on a synchroniser changing a non-bolded nature; as a rule it won't.

A really good project at this stage is to catch a good range of flawless Dittos and some with hidden power configs. The only difference is having to get rid of the fog, which is simply a matter of getting into the area, saving, turning the clock forward a month, and then engaging in battle. Save in the grass and re-enter ready to RNG.

Can I RNG the event Zoroark with Snarl for IVs? I think nature is always the same but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?
It's the easiest RNG there is. As you can't affect nature or make it shiny, if you use 3 key-presses you'll get a heap of hits for any spread, (I did one perfect and one 31/30/30/31/31/31 for HP Ice 70,) so you don't need to ever change the time on your DS. Choose a seed with a time in the near future, turn the DS on a minute or two before that time and RNG as usual. That way you don't mess up your entralinking.

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm RNGing for my first wild Pokémon (Frillish at P2 Laboratory) but I'm having trouble with the PID frames. I've already managed to RNG stationary Pokémon before, so I understand the basic concepts.

I hit my seed easily and use Sweet Scent straight away and always get a Frillish with the IVs I want but Hardy nature. My problem is when I try to advance the PID frames (30 Chatot summaries) I get a Pokémon that is not only the wrong nature but is the wrong IVs, too. I tried with just one PID frame advancement and got that same Pokémon.

So in short, I can only get my perfect IVs if I don't advance the PID frame, if I do, I get a different Frillish (that is the same most times).

Where am I going wrong? D;

So in short, I can only get my perfect IVs if I don't advance the PID frame, if I do, I get a different Frillish (that is the same most times).

If you're getting the wrong IVs, it's not because you advanced the PID frame, it's because you missed your seed.

You just have to hit your target seed (Which, you can't really control because of your timer0, you just have to hope you did) and do the correct amount of PID advancements to get a frame with your desired Nature/Ability :)

If you're getting the wrong IVs, it's not because you advanced the PID frame, it's because you missed your seed.

You just have to hit your target seed (Which, you can't really control because of your timer0, you just have to hope you did) and do the correct amount of PID advancements to get a frame with your desired Nature/Ability :)
So you reckon I'm just being extremely unlucky then? I feared that... :(

It just confused me because if I try and use Sweet Scent straight away with no advancements I always seem to get the perfect IV Frillish, Hardy nature. But if I do the PID frame advancements I'm getting the same, wrong Frillish each time. (And I have been doing this all day T.T)

Thanks anyway, I'll just have to hope my luck changes I suppose ^^

So you reckon I'm just being extremely unlucky then? I feared that... :(

It just confused me because if I try and use Sweet Scent straight away with no advancements I always seem to get the perfect IV Frillish, Hardy nature. But if I do the PID frame advancements I'm getting the same, wrong Frillish each time. (And I have been doing this all day T.T)

Thanks anyway, I'll just have to hope my luck changes I suppose ^^
Right click the seed in the time finder, click generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and see if you find the wrong IVs you keep getting. If it's a timer0 issue use the other timer0.

If it's not a timer0 issue (i.e. You can't find the wrong IVs in the adjacent seeds) that means you're doing something wrong.

Right click the seed in the time finder, click generate adjacent seeds (current frame) and see if you find the wrong IVs you keep getting. If it's a timer0 issue use the other timer0.

If it's not a timer0 issue (i.e. You can't find the wrong IVs in the adjacent seeds) that means you're doing something wrong.
Aah, this is exactly what I was hoping to hear...I didn't know it was possible to check adjacent seeds...I found the one I am getting with the PID frame advancements and it's a different timer0. So I've changed that in the DS parameters and I'm hoping to get some results now :D

Thanks a lot...I have a feeling this will help greatly :)

In Time Finder, what do you use for a Wondercard Pokemon? We still go with Standard Seed I assume but is a Wondercard Pokemon considered a Stationary or a Gift?

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm RNGing for my first wild Pokémon (Frillish at P2 Laboratory) but I'm having trouble with the PID frames. I've already managed to RNG stationary Pokémon before, so I understand the basic concepts.

I hit my seed easily and use Sweet Scent straight away and always get a Frillish with the IVs I want but Hardy nature. My problem is when I try to advance the PID frames (30 Chatot summaries) I get a Pokémon that is not only the wrong nature but is the wrong IVs, too. I tried with just one PID frame advancement and got that same Pokémon.

If you're getting the wrong IVs AND nature then that's Timer0, my friend. If you're getting the IVs correct and the nature wrong, the NPCs might be affecting the PID frame. What I would do is look at the nature you're getting and check if it's anywhere near the right nature you're looking for on RNGReporter. If there is one near it, count how many away it is and find the difference between that and the nature you're looking for. Then subtract that many chatters and try again.

Ok guys thanks to everyone who helped me.
My problem WAS with the timer0...I changed it in the DS parameters to the one I was getting most common...and after a couple of tries I got the Frillish I wanted...(ironically, I didn't even have to advance the PID frames to get the nature I want with this timer0 -.-')

So thanks again you helpful, helpful person! :D

edit: people* :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)