5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I posted this in the wrong thread, reposting here:

I have no problem getting the IVs I want when doing a standard seed. I'm having trouble with the third page of the walkthrough trying to use the PIDRNG.

What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.

trying to capture a shiny timid elgyem on the 5th (top) floor of the celestial tower in white (no NPCs there). I don't care about IVs on this one, just that it's ability 1, not 0, aka synchronize. Elgyem is all the odd numbered encounter slots on the 5th floor while litwick is the even numbers.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed?

see picture...ok nevermind that, apparently I can't attach pictures to the post...

I set month 1, year 2012, min/max frame 1, use true min frame checkbox unchecked, method gen 5 PIDRNG, encounter wild pokemon, encounter slot any, all IVs left blank, ability 1, nature timid, sync nature none, sync checkbox unchecked, id 55554, sid 22789, shiny only checkbox checked, and when I click generate, there is only one seed that has an odd number for encounter slot:

C814E57AA9D1B489

frame 1, pid d27d5278, e slot 3, !!!, Bolded timid, ability 1, 50% F, 1/2/12 9:36.57, C7F, keypress none.

I'm using an original DS, so it has the seconds counter on it. I turn the game on, set the clock to 1/2/12 9:36, hard reset, and press a to load game when the second hand changes to 56 seconds. I say no to turning on the cgear, and then when the game loads up, without moving my character, I use sweet scent or whatever the move is to draw a battle, and I keeep getting litwicks.

How did you verify your seed? If using Elm's responses or coin flips to verify, tell us what YOU got. Not what RNG Reporter says.

The guide says there's no way to verify in bw. I believe my "DS Paremeters" are correct because I used them to determine a seed for set IVs for the stationary musharna and it worked.

Vcnt 60, Vfr 8, GxS 6, Timer0 C7F, actual is 1.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.

I honestly think my issue is user error because I just don't understand what the guide is telling me to do. I find the PIDRNG part to be very confusing. Some of the pictures it puts in it don't match up with what it's describing to do, so I'm not sure if the picture is there as a guide to copy or not. And a number of the fields in the different windows it just doesn't say anything about, so I'm not sure how to set them up.

Again, any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

someone in the other thread mentioned keeping it a standard seed instead of the PIDRNG seed, is this accurate? if so, why, when the guide specifically says to use the PIDRNG seed?

Thanks
I see 1 shiny frame eons away. Sure thats the right seed?

He found it using Gen 5 PIDRNG in the Time Finder. To be honest, I have no idea what that's for or how it works, which is why I told him to find one with Standard Seed instead.
I did just try using standard seed as you had suggested and it worked! So thanks for that.

So now I'm off to use my new found sync timid elgyem to catch my liberty pass victini...gonna try for 31 x 31 31 31 31 and shiny...wish me luck finding a seed....

I am still curious if anyone knows what the PIDRING seed is for though. or any thoughts on that guide in general, as parts of it didn't make sense

edit:

just tried catching that victini.

found one seed:
3BCE5350
full:
3BCE5350A703F66B
nearby shiny is 366, nature is docile, but it's bolded, so syncronize should overtake this, ivs are 31s across except attack is 19, hp is dark 70, 12/7/11 9:56.55. C7F.

I put the seed (non full) into the main reporter to find initial frame, and counted up from there on my chatots to 366. I hit the seed, the IVs were correct, but it wasn't shiny and it wasn't timid.

I'll try again tomorrow I think. Please let me know if you notice I've done something wrong. Thanks, Tony

I did just try using standard seed as you had suggested and it worked! So thanks for that.

So now I'm off to use my new found sync timid elgyem to catch my liberty pass victini...gonna try for 31 x 31 31 31 31 and shiny...wish me luck finding a seed....

I am still curious if anyone knows what the PIDRING seed is for though. or any thoughts on that guide in general, as parts of it didn't make sense

edit:

just tried catching that victini.

found one seed:
3BCE5350
full:
3BCE5350A703F66B
nearby shiny is 366, nature is docile, but it's bolded, so syncronize should overtake this, ivs are 31s across except attack is 19, hp is dark 70, 12/7/11 9:56.55. C7F.

I put the seed (non full) into the main reporter to find initial frame, and counted up from there on my chatots to 366. I hit the seed, the IVs were correct, but it wasn't shiny and it wasn't timid.

I'll try again tomorrow I think. Please let me know if you notice I've done something wrong. Thanks, Tony

It cannot be shiny.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He found it using Gen 5 PIDRNG in the Time Finder. To be honest, I have no idea what that's for or how it works, which is why I told him to find one with Standard Seed instead.
Gen 5 PIDRNG is just a search for natures\shininess\gender\ability, and Standard Seed is just IVs only. So, when you do a Standard Seed search and tell it to look for nearby shinies, RNG Reporter is actually doing a PIDRNG search in conjunction with the Standard Seed search.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gen 5 PIDRNG is just a search for natures\shininess\gender\ability, and Standard Seed is just IVs only. So, when you do a Standard Seed search and tell it to look for nearby shinies, RNG Reporter is actually doing a PIDRNG search in conjunction with the Standard Seed search.
When I tried it, the results I got didn't match anything for that seed in the main window (first shiny frames were in the thousands, etc.). So was I just doing something wrong?
No, it doesn't skip to the next pid. If. Nature was wrong then something else was off.
Then how does the shiny check work? I would think it would have to skip that PID somehow.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Then how does the shiny check work? I would think it would have to skip that PID somehow.
Code:
RAM_ARM9:02018780             @ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAM_ARM9:02018780
RAM_ARM9:02018780             shinyPrevent__:                         @ CODE XREF: makePID__+66j
RAM_ARM9:02018780 30 1C                       MOVS    R0, R6          @ idSet      

pid = legendPID(pid)
if(shinyCheck(idSet, pid) == TRUE)
{return (pid ^= 0x10000000);}
else
{return pid;}

RAM_ARM9:02018782 21 1C                       MOVS    R1, R4          @ pid
RAM_ARM9:02018784 FF F7 B6 FB                 BL      checkShiny__
RAM_ARM9:02018788 01 28                       CMP     R0, #1
RAM_ARM9:0201878A 02 D1                       BNE     makeNormalPID__
RAM_ARM9:0201878C 01 20 00 07                 MOVS    R0, 0x10000000
RAM_ARM9:02018790 44 40                       EORS    R4, R0
RAM_ARM9:02018792
OD Explanation: It just modifies the top bit of the PID so it is no longer shiny. That's all it takes.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When I tried it, the results I got didn't match anything for that seed in the main window (first shiny frames were in the thousands, etc.). So was I just doing something wrong?
Most definitely.

Make sure you copied the full seed, and that you selected the right encounter type. Shiny frames from stationary encounters only have a 50\50 chance of being shiny for regular wild encounters.

Looking for help with RNG eggs

I am trying to breed a male axew with all 31s. mother is haxorus with no 31s, father is a garchomp with 31s in HP ATK and SPE.

at the bottom of the guide, it says:
If you are unable to hit the correct frame, find which one you actually are hitting. This is caused by the Wandering NPCs on the route where the Day Care is. You will need to adjust how many advances you do to hit your target frame because of them.
When you receive your Egg, the only way to verify that you received exactly what you want is by hatching it and verifying it with the IV Man located in the Battle Subway, or the characteristic, ability, and nature (and shiny appearance).

does anyone know how to figure out which frame you are actually hitting when it's not working?

seed is
3C7F97BEAF6FBC0D - initial frame frame 49
should be all 31s hardy male

reporter says initial frame for this seed is 47.
when I chatot twice, I keep gettiing bold female with 31s in only spe and spa

thanks.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
does anyone know how to figure out which frame you are actually hitting when it's not working?
You quoted the answer.

When you receive your Egg, the only way to verify that you received exactly what you want is by hatching it and verifying it with the IV Man located in the Battle Subway, or the characteristic, ability, and nature (and shiny appearance).
Look at the list of frames you generated in the main window, under Breeding (BW). Right-click the list, click Display Parents in Search, and enter your parent IVs as well as the RNG IVs. (If you don't know all the parent IVs, you can just enter the 31s and leave the rest as 0s.) This puts complete IVs and characteristics in the list, and you compare the egg you hatch with the list to find out which frame you hit.

p.s. the NPCs are going to mess up your frames enough that you should look for a target frame that is at least 10 more frames from the Initial PIDRNG frame.

okay, so I've done every step of the guide to the T... set my parameters, found my SID, offset when to start my game by the 1 second... was able to start and restart and catch the same exact pokemon about 30 times, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why PRNG can't seem to accurately guess even one single seed. I've even used chatots when necessary to advance the frames. What could I be missing?

Well I redid my parameters to see if they were flunctuating and I got two very different results. My first parameters showed that I was 2 seconds off while the latest time said that I wasn't off at all. Atm I'm not using keypresses but should I?

Well I redid my parameters to see if they were flunctuating and I got two very different results. My first parameters showed that I was 2 seconds off while the latest time said that I wasn't off at all. Atm I'm not using keypresses but should I?
If you got a result where you weren't off on your time at all, you should use those results. And, I don't know if the keypresses matter.

If you got a result where you weren't off on your time at all, you should use those results. And, I don't know if the keypresses matter.
OK and how do you increase the search options? I would love to breed my first flawless shiny but I'm not getting the IVs I'm after -and I looked in every month for this year.

OK and how do you increase the search options? I would love to breed my first flawless shiny but I'm not getting the IVs I'm after -and I looked in every month for this year.
What are the IVs of your parents and what's your target IV spread? You can increase your search options by going to the parameters tab in the time finder and making the keypresses 3. Then go back to the breeding tab and make your frame range wider (what is it now?).

*Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using?

RNGReporter 9.93

*What are you trying to capture\hatch?

Shiny Jolly Woobat within Wellspring Cave

*What is your target seed and frame?

Seed: 14AB7FD98DB673F0
Date: 1/26/12
Time: 6:53:24
Hold: Select+Start+Right
IV Frame: 9
IV: 31/31/31/5/31/31
Sych-able: Yes
Shiny Frame: 238
Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame: 46
MAC Address: 0025A009F62E
TID: 45403
SID: 61754

*How did you verify your seed?

The IV Checker in Nimbasa City.

*If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

*After I done the required IV frame advancements and doing 192 Chatters later*
Specics: Roggenrola
Level: 13
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
IV Checker rating: Outstanding with HP, Atk, Def, SpDef, and Spd at "It can't be [any] better"

-------------------------
I also been getting a lot of weird readings while hitting the seed/time I need when I don't chatter and capture something after the frame advancements.

*Please list which version of RNG Reporter or PPRNG you are using?

RNGReporter 9.93

*What are you trying to capture\hatch?

A Shiny Jolly Woobat within Wellspring Cave

*What is your target seed and frame?

Seed: 14AB7FD98DB673F0
Date: 1/26/12
Time: 6:53:24
Hold: Select+Start+Right
IV Frame: 9
IV: 31/31/31/5/31/31
Shiny Frame: 238
Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame: 46
MAC Address: 0025A009F62E
TID: 45403
SID: 61754

*How did you verify your seed?

The IV Checker in Nimbasa City.

*If you tried and failed, what results did you get?

*After 192 Chatters later*
Specics: Roggenrola
Level: 13
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Answer in bold, underlined large letters.

I been doing the frame advancements (holding a team of 4 Pokemon and walking 256 steps) before doing the needed chatters. I still get Pokemon with natures/encounter slots way off course or just non-existence.

I been doing the frame advancements (holding a team of 4 Pokemon and walking 256 steps) before doing the needed chatters. I still get Pokemon with natures/encounter slots way off course or just non-existence.
Then you're not hitting your timer0.

I still suggest you to put min/max frame at 1 and search again for shiny spreads.

Every step and turn in areas where wild Pokémon appear is +2. Since the cave floor works like tall grass, this is what's screwing you up.

So if you were to walk 256 steps in a straight line, you would advance by 512. But you can't do that, so you need to factor in turns as well.

Every step and turn in areas where wild Pokémon appear is +2. Since the cave floor works like tall grass, this is what's screwing you up.

So if you were to walk 256 steps in a straight line, you would advance by 512. But you can't do that, so you need to factor in turns as well.
That would explain why keep getting things within the 400-700 range. Now I got to find a new Shiny seed because that one is impossible to hit within a cave setting. Thanks for the help you guys.

Do the "DS parameters" change?

I started RNG abusing a few days ago (Sunday I think) and I've periodically checked my parameters if something wasn't working the way I expected it to and it's always been the same. actual seconds: 1, vframe: 8, count 60, gxstat 6, timer0 C7F.

Earlier this afternoon, I hit a seed to hatch a shiny with an international parent. once I saved and tried to do it again, though, I wasn't able to get the desired results, and I took a look at all the variations next to it with the reporter, and none of them made any sense. So I've been trying to find my ds parameters again, but it keeps not finding anything. I've tried 10-15 times now, and every time, nothing.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)