ORAS OU A Fairy in the Sandstorm [Gardevoir in Sand]

¿Who is better for the team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Smogon!
First of all i want to say sorry because mi english isnt very good​

Introduction:
This is my first team, i did it with a friend two months ago and testing it, i can sey it gave me good resoults, i think is very good against balanced teams.
Teambuilding Process:

I started with this sand core
Why M-Gardevoir? She is good against Balanced/Stall teams and its one of my favorite mons in OverUsed
Why Excadrill? Excadrill is good against Offense teams and it can remove hazzards
Why Hippowdon? Hippowdown is better than Ttar in balanced teams and can stop enemy Bisharp`s

I saw water types like Manaphy could defeat me very easy, so i put Power whip Ferrothorn

HP Fire Serperior after one leaf storm could win me, to stop it i put Assault Vest Tornadus-Therian.

To kill Scizor i put a Banded Victini, it also can be a revenge killer because his V-creates are so powerful.

Team over the Clue:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
The star of the team, Mega Gardevoir.
Hyper Voice hits incredibly hard and does a huge chunk of damage against any Pokemon that does not resist it.Psyshock hits special walls, most notably Chansey, on their Defense, allowing Gardevoir to break through them. Focus Blast hits the Steel-types that resist Gardevoir's STAB moves, such as Ferrothorn. Taunt allows Gardevoir to break through defensive Pokemon such as Chansey and Clefable, and it stops Pokemon such as Bisharp from setting up on Gardevoir.​

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
My Rock setter and my mixed wall
Earthquake is a strong STAB attack that deters frail sweepers from setting up on Hippowdon. Stealth Rock is a great support move, and Hippowdon is very good at setting it up due to its great bulk. Slack Off provides reliable recovery, making it more difficult to wear Hippowdon down. Stone Edge is preferred in the last moveslot to heavily damage Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard Y, and other Flying-types.​

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
My Spinner and Sand sweeper
Earthquake and Iron Head are Excadrill's STAB moves, sporting high power and fantastic coverage. Life Orb-boosted Earthquake is extremely powerful, 2HKOing standard Ferrothorn and generally pummeling pretty much any Pokemon that does not resist it. Iron Head has a useful chance to flinch and hits most non-grounded foes, such as Latios, Landorus-T, and Gengar, for a high amount of damage. Rock Slide is Excadrill's best coverage move, hitting Flying-types such as Thundurus, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir super effectively. It is also Excadrill's best option against Rotom-W and Skarmory.Rapid Spin is removes entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Spikes lets Ferrothorn heavily pressure defensively oriented teams.Leech Seed gives Ferrothorn a way of recovering health and is a must on every Ferrothorn set, as it lacks reliable recovery. The damage Leech Seed does is also useful for chipping away at the opponent's health. Gyro Ball is Ferrothorn's primary choice for an attacking move, as it OHKOes Mega Gardevoir, and does significant damage to many fast Pokemon such as Latios, Latias, Gengar, and Fairy-types such as Clefable and Sylveon. Power Whip is generally preferred in the last slot so that Ferrothorn can deal with Substitute Mega Gyarados and hit Azumarill, Keldeo, Excadrill, and Hippowdon hard.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hurricane provides a strong Flying STAB move, enabling Tornadus-T to OHKO Serperior and Keldeo. Fighting coverage hits almost all Pokemon that resist Flying either neutrally or super-effectively. Focus Blast deals more damage than Superpower on average, hitting Rotom-W and Mega Manectric quite hard; however, it suffers from bad accuracy. U-turn enables Tornadus-T to generate momentum and pairs very well with Regenerator, as every time Tornadus-T uses it, it gains a large chunk of its health back. Knock Off provides great utility by removing items such as Leftovers, Life Orb, and Choice Scarf from common switch-ins to Tornadus-T.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

V-create is Victini's most powerful STAB move by far; it is incredibly strong and 2HKOes almost all Pokemon that do not resist it. Bolt Strike is a very strong coverage move that hits Water-types such as Manaphy, Keldeo, Azumarill, and Slowbro super effectively. It also gets good neutral coverage on other Pokemon that resist Fire such as Heatran and Rotom-W. U-turn enables Victini to hit Latios, Latias, and Tyranitar very hard, wear down checks like Rotom-W, and take advantage of forced switches by getting a teammate in for free, thus generating momentum for the team.Trick can disable defensive Pokemon. It also lets Victini get rid of its Choice lock, which may be beneficial against slower teams that can easily play around it.

And thats all, have fun rating!
Importable
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Importable with p2 changes:
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Last edited:
Love how you copied your descriptions from smogon analysis. Anyways, I do not see any major weaknesses to the team but there are a few minor changes I have for you.

If you are going to use Focus Blast Torn-T, use a Timid nature. U-turn and Knock Off are used mainly for utility, not major damage. Should'a read the analysis more

You have Hippo + Sand Rush Excadrill to check Charizard X so I think having Trick would be more useful over Zen Headbutt.

Love how you copied your descriptions from smogon analysis. Anyways, I do not see any major weaknesses to the team but there are a few minor changes I have for you.

If you are going to use Focus Blast Torn-T, use a Timid nature. U-turn and Knock Off are used mainly for utility, not major damage. Should'a read the analysis more
You have Hippo + Sand Rush Excadrill to check Charizard X so I think having Trick would be more useful over Zen Headbutt.
Thanks!
And Sorry, im new here and im not very good with english, so i copy the Smogon Analysis because it says what I wanted to say but without ortographic errors.I did not know that was wrong and im going to change it when i can!
And about the Tornadus-T sets, sorry, im new on this and yes, i had that error (and probably many others)

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
hi nice team, it seems quite weak to keldeo since tornadus-t can be overwhelmed and on top of that it's very weak to volcanion since it just rips through torn-t as well. one way of fixing that would be to replace ferrothorn with amoonguss, this gives you a very solid keldeo answer as well as helping out with serperior. to fix the volcanion issue, i would then consider replacing tornadus-t with latios, which resists both of volcanions stabs and can pressure it very well, latios can also pressure manaphy more reliably since it isn't forced to rely on hurricane to take it on. and as for my last change, water-types are generally needed on sand because of their useful resistances, so i'd suggest rotom-w > victini. this gives you an answer for opposing excadrill as well as a solid switch in for sd lando-t, as well as relieving pressure from the likes of talonflame since it can be quite a pain for this team to face since nothing wants to risk switching into willowisp.

sets**

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

changes in short**
amoonguss >
ferrothorn

latios >
tornadus-t

rotom-w >
victini

gl with the team

edit: latios can run something like 3 attacks roost or 4 attacks if you feel like it but i like the stallbreaking power cm latios brings alongside mega gardevoir.

Keldeo can OHKO or 2HKO most of your team besides Mega Gardevoir and Tornadus, unless Victini hits Keldeo on the switch-in. I recommend adding Whirlwind to Hippowdon to stop set-up sweepers as Mega Gardevoir cannot reliably deal with physical sweepers.

Weavile, especially with Low Kick, seems to be a big threat to your team. Without sand, Excadrill cannot safely switch into Weavile. I recommend using Choice Scarf Victini to deal with Weavile, Keldeo, and faster threats.

Hope you found my suggestions helpful, and good luck!

hi nice team, it seems quite weak to keldeo since tornadus-t can be overwhelmed and on top of that it's very weak to volcanion since it just rips through torn-t as well. one way of fixing that would be to replace ferrothorn with amoonguss, this gives you a very solid keldeo answer as well as helping out with serperior. to fix the volcanion issue, i would then consider replacing tornadus-t with latios, which resists both of volcanions stabs and can pressure it very well, latios can also pressure manaphy more reliably since it isn't forced to rely on hurricane to take it on. and as for my last change, water-types are generally needed on sand because of their useful resistances, so i'd suggest rotom-w > victini. this gives you an answer for opposing excadrill as well as a solid switch in for sd lando-t, as well as relieving pressure from the likes of talonflame since it can be quite a pain for this team to face since nothing wants to risk switching into willowisp.

sets**

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

changes in short**
amoonguss >
ferrothorn

latios >
tornadus-t

rotom-w >
victini

gl with the team

edit: latios can run something like 3 attacks roost or 4 attacks if you feel like it but i like the stallbreaking power cm latios brings alongside mega gardevoir.
Thanks 4 the suggestions!
Im going to test it with your changes, and yes, im very weak vs volcanion because when i made this team volcanion wasnt released!

Keldeo can OHKO or 2HKO most of your team besides Mega Gardevoir and Tornadus, unless Victini hits Keldeo on the switch-in. I recommend adding Whirlwind to Hippowdon to stop set-up sweepers as Mega Gardevoir cannot reliably deal with physical sweepers.

Weavile, especially with Low Kick, seems to be a big threat to your team. Without sand, Excadrill cannot safely switch into Weavile. I recommend using Choice Scarf Victini to deal with Weavile, Keldeo, and faster threats.

Hope you found my suggestions helpful, and good luck!
Yes, i suffered a lot against Weavile haha
Im going to change both sets, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)