ORAS UU A Hyper Offensive Attempt - feat. Yanmega and friends

Hey, this is the first RMT I'm posting. I'm starting to get back into UU again because I'm sick of Gliscor and Rotom-W. I decided to make a team that includes Yanmega, because I just bred a perfect shiny one and it looks awesome. I'm currently 9/1 with this team.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Krookodile @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Defog

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain

Once Yanmega gets a couple of Speed Boosts, it becomes a monster. After Stealth Rocks, it OHKOs Honchkrow, Leftovers Donphan, Haxorus, Slurpuff, and others. Belly Drum Slurpuff is a huge problem for my team. I often have to rely on the flinch from Air Slash in order to win (I outspeed after one boost), but with Stealth Rock, I have a chance to kill it after it Belly Drums. Many people are not prepared for the damage Yanmega can do, and struggle to revenge kill it properly. I use Giga Drain over Ancient Power in order to kill Swampert and Suicune better. Also, it gives sustain. Would Ancient Power be better?

Krookodile @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

I tried to find a good lead and Krookodile has been a great choice. I originally ran Aerodactyl, but I found it to be useless once I set up rocks. Krookodile is always useful because of Knock Off and Intimidate. Games are often decided for me based on whether I have rocks up or not, and he definitely gets the job done. I can occasionally bait out Fairy types and then switch into Crobat, with whom I can pivot with, or get a free Defog off. Knock Off destroys Doublade, someone who walls most of my team.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I slapped on Porygon-Z as a revenge killer and late game clean up. It has great coverage and can punch holes into their team. It I'm considering replacing Trick with Ice Beam, because I've never had to use Trick before, and Ice Beam OHKOs Mega Sceptile. I'm also thinking about using Timid instead of Modest so that I can outspeed Mega Beedrill and kill with Tri Attack after rocks. I'm a little shaky about using Porygon-Z, but I couldn't think of a better Scarf user. It never really does much to win me the game besides punching a hole into something, dying, and letting Sharpedo or Yanmega come in to get the kill and a free Speed Boost.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Defog

I love Crobat. In the original version of this team, I was using a Donphan, but I got destroyed two separate times by a Cresselia and Suicine who both had Substitute. Crobat doesn't hit them too hard, but it is satisfying to be able to hit them. It also hits Espeon through dual screens, which is a perk and can force a switch. Defog clears the field to allow Yanmega to come in unharmed. Cross Poison is for coverage and allows me to hit Fairy types. It 2HKOs defensive Florges and loses almost nothing.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

Mega Sharpedo is a monster. I usually bring it out on a good match up and can get a kill or two before mega evolving. That way, if I have to switch out, I still have the chance to Speed Boost. After Intimidate, it still can one-shot Salamence. After a Speed Boost, it outspeeds and kills Mega Beedrill before it gets the chance to U-Turn out. Crunch with Strong Jaws secures tons of kills after Stealth Rock, and lets Yanmega in to clean up for free, if the attack is not fatal. I won a game where it was my last thing while they had 5 left, solely because I was able to outspeed and one shot the rest.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

I slapped Heliolisk on here because I needed a counter to Suicune and Vaporeon. It's pretty great at doing other things, I guess. If I can predict a Mega Sceptile coming in, I can kill it with Hyper Voice after rocks damage. Volt Switch allows for easy pivots. Another thing Heliolisk is good for is absoring Thunder Waves from Blissey, and allowing me to switch to Crobat to absorb a Toxic. I don't like Heliolisk in general, but the team would definitely be worse off without it. Grass Knot gives me coverage for Swampert, who otherwise walls it completely. I was considering taking Surf because it's more useful and I have Yanmega with Giga Drain.

This is definitely the best team I've made so far. The only thing I've struggled with is Belly Drum Slurpuff, because I have to rely on Yanmega to flinch it if rocks are not up.

Here is a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-251223304

Criticism wanted, thanks for the help.

There's way too much wrong here, use a Mshark team from the UU sample teams thread.

If that sounds too smogfaag for you....your on smogon...

If you just want to use this team, trust me on this one.... kill this rmt, rebuild it into a mega beedrill volturn with normal shark to clean. It honestly looks like you would enjoy that kind of setup more. Remember, fire types exist.

If you insist on using this folly. Swap krook for seismitoed. you badly need the fire resist. Run tinted lens specs on yanmega to wither shark counters and up the volturn factor, drop scarf pz for scarf rotom-c, run roost on crobat.

It'll still be bad but at least you can pretend you have team synergy.

In the future actually run your teams for more than 10 games before rmting them.

There's way too much wrong here, use a Mshark team from the UU sample teams thread.

If that sounds too smogfaag for you....your on smogon...

If you just want to use this team, trust me on this one.... kill this rmt, rebuild it into a mega beedrill volturn with normal shark to clean. It honestly looks like you would enjoy that kind of setup more. Remember, fire types exist.

If you insist on using this folly. Swap krook for seismitoed. you badly need the fire resist. Run tinted lens specs on yanmega to wither shark counters and up the volturn factor, drop scarf pz for scarf rotom-c, run roost on crobat.

It'll still be bad but at least you can pretend you have team synergy.

In the future actually run your teams for more than 10 games before rmting them.
I disagree - I've played more matches with it and I've reached 1439 elo. Not too bad.

Fire types aren't an issue for me. Rotom-H poses the biggest threat, but what I end up doing is sacking Porygon-Z generally to get it to -4 from Overheat. Then, I bring in Sharpedo for an easy Speed Boost, and if he doesn't switch, an easy kill. I haven't run into any Arcanines, but I imagine Krookodile takes care of most fire types pretty easily if I play my cards right.

You're acting as if the team is utter garbage, but I doubt I would have made it past 1150 if it was.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Srs Bisnis, cool team. Thanks for sharing your team! There are a few issues with it, but you seem new to UU, so it's not a big deal. I'll try to give you some suggestions that will improve your team's overall performance:
  • First thing I would do is change Yanmega to Specs Tinted Lens, as this allows it to destroy common switchins including Florges and Mega Aggron, pokemon that usually prevent Sharpedo from sweeping. I would run a moveset of Bug Buzz / Air Slash / Giga Drain / U-turn as this gives you fantastic coverage while allowing you to maintain momentum (if your opponent has a 100% safe switchin like Blissey) with U-turn.
  • I noticed you don't have a fantastic fire spam switchin (given your only resist is Sharpedo). I would suggest changing Krookodile -> Swampert. I would run the standard physically defensive EV spread and a moveset of Stealth Rock / Scald / Earthquake / Roar, as this provides you with stealth rocks, a reliable fire switchin, and a phaser.
  • PZ is a cool pokemon, but I believe other scarfers can fit your team better. You currently don't have a fantastic way of dealing with Snorlax / Porygon2, so I would suggestion changing Porygon-Z -> Mienshao. I would run the standard scarf EV spread and moveset of High Jump Kick / Knock Off / Stone Edge / U-turn. Mienshao is one of the best scarfers in the tier, outspeeding most other common scarfers and revenge killing a huge portion of the meta reliably.
  • I noticed you don't have a recovery move on your Crobat, nor do you have a taunt user, so I would change your Crobat to the Stall Breaker set. I would run Acrobatics / Taunt / Roost / Defog with No Item. I generally find Acrobatics to be better on the stall breaker set, as it allows you to beat things like Blissey 1v1 without killing yourself to recoil damage. No item also allows you to check Knock Off Mega Beedrill better, which is a threat to your team otherwise.
Other than that, I feel like you have a pretty good team. It's definitely interesting, especially with the lesser seen Yanmega, so I hope you find success with the changes I suggested!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)