A team without a funny name.

So this is my team. It has had moderate sucess, but i suspect that is more the fault of my horrable prediction, than a lack of a good team.

It originated as Volcarona, archeops, scizor, metagross, hydregen, and galvantula. For obvious reasons this failed.
After discovering serebii, and the REAL competative batling community, I refined the team eventually to what it is now.

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Ingrain

Smeargle is my baton passer, and a good one. he is usually able to get his pass off, and with a little luck, with ingrain as well to prevent phazing. However, his frailness has screwed me over several times, and if he fails, I have wasted a slot. But I am having trouble decideing what to replace him with. Ideas?

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch

With his innate power and bulk, metagross is able to take down a variety of opponents, and is a great shell smash recipient. Once, without shellsmash debuffs, he survived a critical earthquake from terrakion. That is bulky. If smeargle is replaced, ice punch will probably be replaced with agility to let him boost his own speed.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Life orb scizor is able to revenge kill and set-up sweep in one set. He can come pick off weakened pokemon, and pummel the psychic and dark types that fill the tier with powerful bug bites. He is also pretty bulky, so roost is very useful.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Stealth rock

I used to have volcarona in this slot, but while it was my favorite pokemon, it required too much team support, and my battling style uses more independant pokemon, so I replaced volcarona with heatran. He sets up stealth rock, and is an excelent baton pass recipiant. He hits everything hard, and is a much needed fire user. With my team without him, i once got defeated by a shedinja. He also helps with metagross, scizor, and breloom's fire weakness, as he can switch in, and get a much needed boost.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Starmie can come in and blast many of my threats to peices, including fire types, and gliscor. She used to be a rapid spinner, but after removing volcarona, it no longer seems nessisary.

Breloom (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Spore
- Substitute
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch

Breloom is probably my favorite pokemon on the team. It is so powerful behind a substitute, that focus punch can 3 hit KO multiscale dragonite and anything that resists is not even safe. Only ghosts are a threat. Seed bomb hits jelicent, and seed bomb hits gengar hard enough.

Any suggestions and changes are welcome, though I am only willing to replace smeargle, maybe heatran.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)