Implemented Aerodactyl in GSC UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the case anyone is interested in my opinion as a GSCPL, UUPL and UU+Aero Cup participant in the tier:
I liked how the aerodactyl process started, at the first time I was reluctant, but reading some discussions in uu cord and posts from celebiii, bfm, bee and others, I realized that it made sense and it would be interesting to try it out. They managed to add it to the GSC slam UU where the few people who played were satisfied with the aero impact to the tier (except 1 person that i know of). So after all this work, in my opinion, the logical step would be to test Aerodactyl in a biggest tour than GSC Slam UU to get the feedback from important players that missed gsc uu gslam and after the tour, make a final decision on Aerodactyl.
The reasonable thing to do would have been to test Aerodactyl in UUSD (biggest tour than UU Gslam and probably than GSCPL), BUT for some reason, another meaningless decision has been made with muk+aero for UUSD, with which I strongly disagree but im late with this and this is not the thread.
Therefore, I really hope that GSCPL can have the Aero test (alone) to finally conclude it, I believe that the right steps have been taken, whatever the decision be.

So yeah, since UUSD has already decided to test both Aero and Muk, I agree with the above posts on testing Aero now in GSC PL alone as it makes the most sense, and I hope we can get it done.

sorry about my english

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
The key thing to say here imo going forward is that with the direction we are taking with the Muk + Aero test in UUSD which got overwhelming support to do, we need to make sure that we have tours exhaustively testing all the possible options and outcomes of a vote here;

-> Do Nothing: Covered UUPL 2023 + Classic 2023
-> Free Both: Covered by this UUSD
-> Free Muk only: Covered by ALTPL under Mantis's plans
-> Free Aero only:

Aero only did get a test in GSC Slam, but this was both a single elimination tournament (unideal for tests and getting people a baseline minimum number of games in the format), and lacking in volume of quality signups (a lot of the people who would be on the voting list would never have played the format). GSCPL is absolutely the right scenario here as a team tour and a well timed option to cover this base still and make sure people can be informed of all possible options they would be voting on, and running it at a similar time also provides a valuable comparison between Aero and Aero+Muk here that people can observe in real time.

While I and a few other people who have publicly spoken about it personally cannot stand the impact Aero has on this tier, this is unimportant to the quality and integrity of this test here and not really relevant info rn and better saved for later discussions, and this opportunity is very important for both sides of Free/Don't Free sides of the argument to give people the opportunity to formalise an opinion on what they are actually voting on instead of voting on an unknown, and gives the opportunity to see some longer term impact of Aero in the tier beyond a short Selim tour, as well as compare and contrast with how the addition of Muk improves or worsens the Aero situation too.

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
I dunno if there's a Muk thread that I'm missing or if that was always informal but given it's been done extensively at this stage I'm going to go ahead and say we can do a vote on Aerodactyl & Muk. I'll be putting this up tomorrow with a shorter deadline than usual for the sake of consistency across UUPL weeks unless there's any opposition to. I unfortunately don't have the time to draft a full voter list till tomorrow, sorry! So I'm just gonna ping some notable GSC faces for now for visibility and trust that y'all will spread the word to anyone who may not see.

MrSoup Estarossa dawnbuster BeeOrSomething pp's splash town Celebiii Real FV13 Mr.378 BigFatMantis sorry to anyone I'm forgetting, this is just those who posted in this thread + people I thought of off the top of my head.

I know I said there'd be a survey but at this stage it feels unnecessary given how this feels more like a formality than anything else. Lmk if y'all feel otherwise though.

9848FBF3-3954-45D9-B31F-A7809E414378.png

Can somebody find this man.

But more seriously ALT PL is “scheduled” to end this weekend and I’m not sure when the final GSC UU game will be played but it shouldn’t change the voter list, so this seems fine.

As a side note, I do think in addition to the standard tours, that we should probably take into account the RoA Spotlight Muk tour, and also the GSC Slam GSC UU + Aerodactyl Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)