Unofficial Metagames [AG] Awesome God, 1700+

AWESOME GOD - Arceus Spam

I am fairly new to the AG landscape, but am excited to immerse myself into it. One of the things that appealed to me about the tier is the lack of a Species Clause. Often times, teams carry 1-2 checks/counters for the most threatening Pokemon, so a team that has multiples of that threat can put your opponents in a real bind. This is very true for Arceus-Normal AKA E-Killer. What's great about Arceus is 1) base 120 stats all around, 2) access to STAB E-speed, 3) one weakness, 4) just enough of a move pool to cover all his checks. I wanted to make a team that took advantage of all those things while not leaving me vulnerable to being counter-swept, and I think I'm well on the way. So without further ado:

@

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Perish Song
- Extreme Speed
- Retaliate
- Shadow Claw
Scarf Arceus is my revenge killer and one of my anti-BP measures. It's speed let's it outrun +1 Mega-Ray and KO with E-Speed after Rocks and drops from Dragon Ascent. I could probably drop some speed EVs to give to bulk but someone will have to convince me it will make a difference. As for moves, Perish Song is to help with BP chains and boosted sweepers, namely Zygarde-Complete that has gotten out of hand. Putting Extremespeed on a scarfed Pokemon may seem weird, but it is embarrassing to get swept by Mega Rayquaza's Extremespeed, so this is my insurance policy. Retaliate is boosted to 140 base power after another Arceus goes down, so it makes this a very potent revenge killer. Shadow Claw is for Marshadow and Mega Gengar, the only two ghosts faster than Arceus. Generally, this guy stays in the back until late game and helps clean up, comes out mid-game to wall-break with Retaliate, or take down an unsuspecting Marshadow.

@

EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Last Resort / Refresh?
- Shadow Force
The first of the SD sweepers. This Arceus is my primary wallbreaker, and does so with Normalium Z. This turns Last Resort into a 200 base power nuke that can take out just about everything in the tier at +2.
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zygarde-Complete: 426-502 (66.9 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Groudon-Primal: 393-463 (97.2 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 528-622 (131 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 240 HP / 180+ Def Arceus-Fairy: 453-534 (102.7 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 180+ Def Yveltal: 535-631 (117.5 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Multiscale Lugia: 216-255 (51.9 - 61.2%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Lugia: 304-358 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I went with Shadow Force for the extra punch, as it can also do serious damage at +2.
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 330-388 (82.9 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Lugia: 348-410 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Arceus Shadow Force vs. 248 HP / 208+ Def Giratina: 356-420 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The beauty of this set is that if I do end up using all my moves and am still around, +2 Last Resort is basically Giga Impact without the inactive turn. However, due to my team's issues with Stall, I think Refresh could work in the slot, as Z-Refresh is a full heal and could help with longevity. Z-ExtremeSpeed is still 160 BP and would still be very useful. The speed EVs are to outspeed neutral 252 Primals to keep them in check.​

@

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Facade
- Earthquake
I love this tech. Max speed Jolly Life Orb is the epitome of an offensive monster, and this set does that title justice. With a Jolly nature, he can outspeed Mega-Ray and still do some crazy things at +2. Thanks to Facade, getting burned/paralyzed/poisoned isn't the end of the road. As a matter of fact, a reverse sweep is usually expected after a status condition. EQ is the chosen coverage for this set to help against Arceus Steel/Poison, who are both otherwise huge threats to the team.
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza-Mega: 321-380 (91.4 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 495-582 (125.9 - 148%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 240 HP / 180 Def Arceus-Dark: 413-487 (93.6 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 372-438 (98.6 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 452-534 (108.6 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

@

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
This is the first of my Chople players. This slot has actually changed a lot, and I still think there's potential for improvement here. The reason I settled on this set was because I was tired of being swept by Marshadow who could muscle through my other Chople Arceus. So I made this a nearly identical version with Thunder Wave to slow down Marshadow and give my other mons a chance to beat it. I went with EQ on this version as well primarily to have a secondary way to beat Necrozma Dusk-Mane, who can be really annoying if it muscles through my less bulky players. In light of my stall weakness, I have considered making this set something like special attacker with Substitute and Recover and maybe a Metronome. Any feedback would be helpful. Just keep in mind that my team is VERY weak to Marshadow, so while it might seem like a lot of checks and lures, they have all been relevant. Also this is a good calc to memorize:
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Arceus: 212-251 (48 - 56.9%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

@

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
This is the OG straight from the Smogon analysis. It's fairly inflexible in that it can only really beat Marshadow reliably. But it can do so reliably, and usually dent/KO 1-2 other mons. Substitute is really cool here for setting up on Smeargle before it can Nuzzle/Spore you, so I usually lead with it if I see the opponent has a Smeargle. Also open to suggestions on this guy, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.​

@

EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Perish Song
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
This is another tech I have really enjoyed. This is my team supporter: it has SR, Dual Screens, and pHazing in Perish Song. The logic behind having dual screens and no Defog is that most opponents will not allow me to get up that many layers at once, so they usually end up getting rid of their own hazards in an effort to stop me from being completely set up. Spamming Perish Song puts pressure on the opponent and can help give one of my offensive mons an opening to come in and set up. The speed EVs are enough to outspeed base 100s, though I'm not sure how relevant that benchmark is. I'm also open to any suggestions about this slot. I think it has a lot of potential but it does work well for what it is.​

This is the team as of today. I've been making lots of tweaks here and there, and I think I still need some help putting on the finishing touches.
Threats:
-
When I see this mon on my opponent's team, I automatically know I'm going to have to conserve my two Chople users and keep my Scarfer in the back. It's pretty well covered because it's such a big threat, but never take it for granted.
-
Although it is susceptible to all of my coverage moves, it can definitely force my hand sometimes because its physical bulk is so good. The Life Orb user can deal with it at +2, as can Z mon, but be careful.
-
Water, Steel, Fairy, Poison, Grass and Dark are the versions I see most often. I have the coverage to take on any combination of them, but I know that they are bulky and breaking through won't be easy. Facade User is good here to absorb Toxic/WoW and hit back very hard.
-
Part of the reason I have to Perish Song users. Glare and Coil make this nearly impossible to break through once it transforms to Complete form. Usually if I can't pHaze it, I'll try and boost enough to OHKO or very easily 2HKO.
-
Obviously since almost everyone uses E-speed, Psychic Terrain is going to be an issue. Just make sure you have Rocks up for the inevitable Deoxys x 2 w/ Sash and spam Shadow Force/Claw.
-
This is a big-ish problem for me as I don't have a great catch-all for Stall. My team is heavily skewed towards offense, so it's hard to adapt to a slower play style without succumbing to being pHazed or statused. Would definitely appreciate some help in this department.

Thanks for reading my RMT. In terms of feedback, my only ask is that I can keep the Arceus-Normal roster. Otherwise, it wouldn't be the same team. As for my music, I am a Christian and sort of getting back into my faith, so I wanted to reflect that zeal here. I hope you all have a blessed day!

Unicorns

Banned deucer.
Hello and welcome to AG!

Despite the Arc-heavy metagame that AG is known for, Arceus x6 isn't the best archetype, especially limited to one type. Given this limitation, adjustments are going to be a bit difficult. Let's try however!

First change we should do is change Perish Song on the Scarf Arc to Trick.

Arceus @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Perish Song Trick
- Extreme Speed
- Retaliate
- Shadow Claw

This allows Arceus to cripple one opposing mon by giving them a Choice Scarf. This can help a bit with Giratina, defensive Yveltal, Zygarde, Skarm, and other defensive mons that are difficult for teammates to break.

The second change I'd recommend is changing the Z-Arceus to Giga Impact and Shadow Claw:

Arceus @ Normalium Z
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Last Resort/ Refresh? Giga Impact
- Shadow Force Shadow Claw

These changes allow this Arceus to apply more offensive pressure. Z-Giga Impact remains 200 BP while allowing Arc to pick up a second kill immediately after. Shadow Claw crit rate + single-turn dynamic makes it better than Shadow Force. It prevents opponents from recovering every other turn, hence applying more pressure.

Let's also change the fourth Arceus to Rocks over TWave.

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

I'm not sure why TWave would be needed on such a slow and not-particularily strong set and it really doesn't help the team out in a notable way.

With Rocks moved, we can change the last Arc to something that can act as a catch-all to tell remaining annoying mons.

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Perish Song
- Roar
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat

This slot will be really flexible and you can honestly change it for a lot. Dual Screens isn't really necessary for one of the bulkier mons in the format.

Once again, you're going to be very limited by only using one type of Pokemon. There are lots of different mons to use with very innovative sets. You can try them out in the future, but overall not a bad start. Welcome to AG!

PS: I've heard one of the best AG players ever is also Christian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)