Other Metagames (AG RMT) Shadows of the Inferno (Peaked 1949, 94 GXE)

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
1526670212570.png
1526670250661.png
1526670252764.png
1526670360409.png
1526670466362.png
1526670825669.png

Hey guys, I'm Mixing Dat Beat! Welcome to my first ever RMT! This is a Ho-Oh Regular Offense that I've been using on the ladder with great success. So today, I'd thought I'd share with you this team!

Teambuilding Process

For the first member of the team, I chose Necrozma Dusk Mane to work as a nice stallbreaker, and an effective late game sweeper. I have always been a fan of this pokemon, and when I was building this team, it was the first time I would be using it in AG.

I then chose Primal Groudon as a nice backup to check xerneas if Dusk Mane was eliminated.

Then I added my signature Mega Rayquaza to demolish offensive teams with ease, while being able to weaken stall teams.

Here comes the star, Ho-Oh. I had never built around this mon, but I wanted to give it an offensive backdrop to help it thrive more.

Another pokemon I abuse very often, fairceus. Ho-Oh offers this thing the support it needs.

Finally, Darkceus. I chose this to help my team in the department of bulky sweepers.

The Team

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z Ability: Prism Armor EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe Adamant Nature - Rock Polish - Earthquake - Swords Dance
Great Wallbreaker with an easy chance to sweep. This mon is so splashable and so powerful that I had to include it to kill bulkier threats like zygarde.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb Ability: Desolate Land EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD Adamant Nature - Stealth Rock - Precipice Blades - Roar - Fire Punch
A support moon that can also dish out the damage. Roar is for any mons that arent hurt by Groudon and want to set up, Stealth rock is for chip.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band Ability: Delta Stream EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD Jolly Nature - Dragon Ascent - Waterfall - Earthquake - Extreme Speed
The set I 100% invented, Band mega rayquaza. So many teams can be weakened by other members of my team, where they fall prey to this monster. Jolly is for less speed ties, and waterfall is for Primal Groudon OHKO's.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers Ability: Regenerator EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 180 Def / 72 SpD Impish Nature - Sacred Fire - Roost - Toxic - Brave Bird
The Heat of this team, pretty standard support Ho-Oh set, EV's are to maximize bulk, while being able to tank special hits even better.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate Ability: Multitype EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 16 SpA / 96 Spe Timid Nature - Toxic - Recover - Judgment - Defog
Your standard fairceus set, except for EV's. 96+ outspeeds Adamant mray's, While 16 SpA is to pick up the OHKO easier. The rest is to help it tank hits and whittle down teams for the sweepers.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate Ability: Multitype EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature - Judgment - Recover - Calm Mind - Refresh
My final mon and sweeper, can easily 6-0 unprepared teams, and helps vs. Will o Wisp Arceus Fairy. 252 Def is to tank dragon acents and non life orb Close Combat from Marshadow.

Conclusion

To End, I'd like to give a few shoutouts. You all have helped me along this road of being the best (Like 3,000 people already were) Some of you may not remember me, or like me, but you've all helped. Thanks!
Samboelrod for being a great friend and giving me advice
Quantum Tesseract For helping me build my first ever good AG team, you may not remember me, but I will.
Chloe for telling me I suck and encouraging me to be better, however weird the method was. Really should've run sash marsh...
Megazard For rejecting my noms, you made me want to learn even more about this tier.
Pigeons Cause the Owners are a family.
Skarpherim For beating me on ladder every time with my old team, you made me build this one.
I'm sure there's more, but that's it for now. Truly, I thank the AG community for helping me become better. I am forever grateful. Goodbye!

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Fire Punch

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 180 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 16 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment
- Defog

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Refresh

(Band ray best set)

Last edited:
Hey, this is a pretty good team, and grats on the peak. There are definitely some improvements that can be made though. Your necrozma-dusk mane evs and moves don't really make much sense if it's the primary check to xerneas. Furthermore, max attack support primal groudon doesn't make much sense as it can't check xerneas or primal kyogre as well. To fix this i would suggest using morning sun over rock polish to give u an easier time switching into xerneas as well as breaking stall, and you could probably get rid of most of the speed evs unless you're trying to creep something in particular. The groudon should be max spdef because primal kyogre really destroys you otherwise, and I'd go with stealth rock + precipice blades + toxic +rest/dragon tail. Toxic is rly nice for u to punish defog arcs, rest allows u to set rocks throughout the match and easily beat even cm rest ogre, or alternatively dtail can be used to punish ddance ray. As for the fairyceus, it should really be max defense because otherwise you straight up lose to dragon dance mray which sets up for free on arceus dark and mray locked into wfall/eq. Ur spread just dies to +1 lo ascent after rocks which isn't beneficial at all. There's no need to run waterfall on mray, you hit primal groudon more than adequately with earthquake. Ur much better off using vcreate or outrage for something like zyg-c. Finally, consider using defog>roost on ho-oh because your one defogger is pressured far too heavily by every sr setter in the meta. Other than that it's a solid team and I hope these changes helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)