The Team

pelipper.gif
swampert-mega.gif
kartana.gif
tapukoko.gif
hawlucha.gif
kingdra.gif

Introduction
This is my second RMT and I really wanted to bring all of you an incredible Rain Team. It is similar to the typical one with Peliper and MSwampert, but I added some details. I have arrived to 1400 peak (is not too much) but I wanted to write this RMT because I find it works nice but there's something to improve it and I hope all of you can help me with it.

Building process
pelipper.gif
swampert-mega.gif
kingdra.gif

First of all, I choosed the comonst rain setter who is Pelipper. Then I added a physical attacker (MSwamp) and an special attacker (Kingdra), who both take profit of the rain.
tapukoko.gif
hawlucha.gif

Afterwords, I picked this fantastic couple (who cover each other's weaknesses) to cover the some threat to the team. Hawlucha is really usefull to kill grass-type mons and provides the ground immune to the team (as Pelipper).

Finally, I choosed Kartana because I didn't have something to kill easilly fairy-type mons (who really annoyed Kingdra and Hawlucha). Although it is really weak to fire-type moves, I reckon the power of these moves are weaken because of the rain and it can survive to some of them.

Sets
pelipper.gif

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Pelipper is the base of the team as it sets rain. Scald the stab move which takes profit of the rain, u-turn to hit before changing (be careful if you are slowlier, because if you lose that pokemon you are in the shit), defog to remove hazards and roost to recover your HP. It's IVs and Nature are focused on making it a tanky pokemon as it's main role is to sweep and set the rain.

swampert-mega.gif

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Swampert is our main physical sweeper. It has two stab moves, ice punch for coverage and SR to annoy (you have to take advantadge of a change and set them, if not it is useless to set them for some HP of your MegaSwapert). He can OHKO lots of mons in rain and with it's ability becomes a really fast mon. Although it is really weak to grass, Hawlucha can hit really strong to this type and Kartana resists it really good.

kingdra.gif

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric

With rain and choice specs it really abuses of its opponets. I have chosen the typical set to it, but I really have doubts with the fourth move. HPE is interesting to kill water-type and flying-type mons, but I don't have anything to kill ferrothorn (HPF would be ok, but with the rain is really useless). Help with that slot!

tapukoko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ice

Although it doesn't have a common item, I chose the CScarf for that pokemon because I needed a Speed Control. Thunder never miss because of the rain and the other moves are to cover weaknesses. Furthermore, you can kill Lando really easy if he predicts you a VoltSwitch and you attack with HPI.

hawlucha.gif

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
- Swords Dance

I really love that Pokemon and he makes a perfect duo with Koko. The electric Seed provides him +1Defense and activates its ability and doubles Acrobatics power. You have to take profit of voltswitch and have the perfect momentum to SD and start to burst.

Kartana @ Steelium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

It has the same role as Hawlucha. Moreover, it is immune to leech seed and toxic (this specially annoys our physical attackers) and we can take profit of it and swipe to it and start to SD. I gave him the Steelium Z because I finded that Fary's were the most annoying mons to the team.

Threats
I reckon the team have more off them but the main one's are:

ferrothorn.gif

-It has really good HP and defenses and it's grass-type moves kill our water mons (specially MSwampert).
-We don't have a fire move (as they are weaken beacause of rain).
-Hawlucha can't kill him easily as it has protect for HJK and iron barbs for its physical attacks.

scizor-mega.gif

- It can kill our team if it boost himself with SD and roost.
-It has really good Defense and resists our hawlucha moves.
-We don't have effective special moves against it.
-We don't have a fire move (as they are weaken beacause of rain).

*Carry HPF in Kindra only for them?

Replays
I don't have replays because I played that team in my Phone and I'm writing this RMT in my PC. I am not able to show you replays but I think it is really clear how you have to play that team.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Ice

Hawlucha (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Electric

Kartana @ Steelium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

Attachments

Okay so first off I am super not an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'll do my best anyway.

Anyway if you're ok with changing this from a HO slowing things down might be nice so I thought a still fast, if much less so, calm mind keldeo would be nice in place of hawlucha.
Pros:
  • Hits very hard especially
  • Takes advantage of rain
  • Adds some potential for setup and wallbreaking
  • Adds a check to ferrothorn in secret sword
  • Can run scald for burns
Cons:
  • 4 water types
  • not nearly as fast
  • No longer immune to ground
  • Still weak to psychic and electric

Set:
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Next I realized this totally killed the synergy with koko so I figured a little bulk wouldn't hurt as you don't have anyone with great defenses and koko has no place here without hawlucha seeing as you don't really need speed control on a rain team. My first thought was zapdos as it has great bulk, reliable recovery, access to u-turn and volt switch, and access to thunder plus you can switch it to discharge for paralysis and if rain runs out, or even if it doesn't, heat wave will shut down scizor and ferrothorn

Pros:
  • handles threats listed and scary grass types well
  • can paralyze and hurt physical threats with helmet
  • can take lots of hits
  • still pivots and has thunder
  • can be specially defensive too
Cons:
  • way slower, again
  • doesn't hit as hard
  • isn't using flying type stab

Set:
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Finally I really like a timid kartana set because a +2 atk beast boosted speed kartana is basically unstoppable if you play right and although this works better with a life orb it mostly comes down to preference and I like timid better

Timid spread:
Kartana @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

Anyway sorry for having such a long reply and answering so late but I hope I helped somehow. Good luck!

ps. I actually like the idea of flash canning on kingdra to suprise unsuspecting fairies but I know that's kind of dumb

Kartana is still ohkoed by any special fire move even in rain, and you dont need scarfers on rain you got all the speed you need with Kingdra,Swampert and Hawlucha

Okay so first off I am super not an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'll do my best anyway.

Anyway if you're ok with changing this from a HO slowing things down might be nice so I thought a still fast, if much less so, calm mind keldeo would be nice in place of hawlucha.
Pros:
  • Hits very hard especially
  • Takes advantage of rain
  • Adds some potential for setup and wallbreaking
  • Adds a check to ferrothorn in secret sword
  • Can run scald for burns
Cons:
  • 4 water types
  • not nearly as fast
  • No longer immune to ground
  • Still weak to psychic and electric

Set:
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Next I realized this totally killed the synergy with koko so I figured a little bulk wouldn't hurt as you don't have anyone with great defenses and koko has no place here without hawlucha seeing as you don't really need speed control on a rain team. My first thought was zapdos as it has great bulk, reliable recovery, access to u-turn and volt switch, and access to thunder plus you can switch it to discharge for paralysis and if rain runs out, or even if it doesn't, heat wave will shut down scizor and ferrothorn

Pros:
  • handles threats listed and scary grass types well
  • can paralyze and hurt physical threats with helmet
  • can take lots of hits
  • still pivots and has thunder
  • can be specially defensive too
Cons:
  • way slower, again
  • doesn't hit as hard
  • isn't using flying type stab

Set:
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder
- U-turn
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Finally I really like a timid kartana set because a +2 atk beast boosted speed kartana is basically unstoppable if you play right and although this works better with a life orb it mostly comes down to preference and I like timid better

Timid spread:
Kartana @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Swords Dance

Anyway sorry for having such a long reply and answering so late but I hope I helped somehow. Good luck!

ps. I actually like the idea of flash canning on kingdra to suprise unsuspecting fairies but I know that's kind of dumb
I will try this changes bro, but shouldn't I change keldeo for kingdra and mantain koko-lucha?

I will try this changes bro, but shouldn't I change keldeo for kingdra and mantain koko-lucha?
I was thinking that too but keldeo doesn't abuse rain nearly as much so it's kind of up to you, if you change hawlucha it slows the team down and adds more room for mistakes, if you change kingdra the team can stay in the HO style

I would change
your Kartana set to
Kartana @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 188 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
Kartana is good here because rain can struggle vs stall and this set can break it down provided that you avoid burns, Evs are so Toxapexs Scald dont break your Substitute

And for Tapu Koko change to
Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Terrain
EVs: 4 Def /252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

This helps vs Trick room, Webs, and just stopping hazards in general

I would change
your Kartana set to
Kartana @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 188 Atk / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
Kartana is good here because rain can struggle vs stall and this set can break it down provided that you avoid burns, Evs are so Toxapexs Scald dont break your Substitute

And for Tapu Koko change to
Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Terrain
EVs: 4 Def /252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Ice
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt

This helps vs Trick room, Webs, and just stopping hazards in general
I like your changes, I will try them today. Furthermore, you haven't change any mon of the team, thanks!
Pd: what 4th move would you give to kingdra (instead hpe) or leave it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)