ORAS OU An aid to my Gallade

Hi welcome to my latest rmt, an aid to my gallade. Ina metagame where the fiercest fighting types are often redicilously fast, slow but powerful or a mixeture of both mega gallade has found it's self in a bit of a nomads land of mega's and fighting typ[es, which often give better and require less support for the team. However the above reason, plays into gallades favour, often it goes under prepared for as an individual and capitilise on it's strengths, namely great attack stat, solid speed tier, respectible move pool with the e-punches, drain punch cc, knock off ect. and okay defnce and respectable special defence. With these in mind gallade can crave it's self a nieche over it's brethen, so long as it's prime counters are taken care of.

Gallade @ Galladite

Steadfast
252 Spe / 252 atk / 4 Def
Jolly
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance
-Zen Headbut

Gallade has become an often overlooked mega in favour of the two ou fighting mega's - Medicham and Lopbunny. Unfortunately this is largely due to a "no mans land" area whicvh gallade sits in, where it's not imediately as powerful to break walls like medicham nor last enough like lopbunny to revnge and check threats. That said that put it in a position that it's underpared for. It's bulkier than both and has acess to a boosting move in swords dance, unlike medichamp he's not forced out by faster mons or raped by priority, similiar situation with lopbunny but with fewer revenge killers and being much easier to wall. Base 110 speed allows it to Wizz past mons like keldeo and speed tie with the lati, which makes it life that much easier. The set is simple, maxium speed with jolly and speed eves 252 and 252 attack to increase it's damage output while it tie or outspeeds 350 speed and bellow. The moves are drain punch for recover, which works well with ice punch, allowing gallade to heal from punishing rocky helemt garchomp and landorus switch ins, swords dance for boosting and zen headbut for psychic stab.

Bisharp @ Blackglasses

252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant
-Iron head
-swords dance
-Knock Off
-Pursuit

So we have one pokemon with a blade sticking out of it's head, why not add another? Bisharp makes for a great partner for gallade, having a fairly decent ability to check fairies, and deal wiwth bulky psychic types, as well as both of them covering each others weaknesses relitively well. Gallade also loves entry hazards and when your oponent doesn't, bisharp can trap and punish defoggers, as well as laying waste to any starmie as to woe a rappid spin through it creak a few mind games on bother parties in sucker or pursuit. The set is the standard ev spread with enough eves to reach the base 224 bench mark, covering uninvested pokemon that fail to reach that speed, such as tyranitar or azumaril. a Little goes into special defence while the rest go into attack for maximium attack, further bosted with an adamant nature for full power. The move set is heavy dark support spam, knock off for crippling stab item removal, sucker punch for priority on the otherwise slow bisharp, pursuit to trap and iron head rounds off for duel stab that rapes fairies and does a dent in azumaril, when attempting to fish off a weask aqua bunny. Finaly black glasses allow for a lack oif lo recoil and boost dark type moves for extra umph.

Skarmory @ rockyhelmet

252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful
-Iron head
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind

Specialy defensive skarmory acts as a great answer to faries, not only does this skarmory effectively act as a decent mixed wall, but it also provides hazards that bisharp and gallade can take advantage of easily. The item choice is rocky helemet, the main reason being to punish physical attackers with skarmory supprising physical bulk univested, namly the likes of azumaril, which the team has issuses with, while skarmory heals off the damage with roost at the cost of weaking it's mixed walling capbilities. The nature allows skarmory to fully compinsate for it's poor special defence along with maximium hp and spd to further this, with a lil in defence for that extra bulkiness. The move is straight farword, spikes allows skarmory to help the team with passive damage, roost is for helping purposes, iorn head is to hurt it's fairy targets and whirlwind is one of the main draws over ferrothorn, not only can skarmory more reibily check faries and has a lack of a fighting weakness but it can phase too, which racks up damage and detters would be counters.

Landorus-t @ rocky helmet

248 Hp / 240 def / 8 Spd /Spe
Impish
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Rock slide
-Stealth rock

Lando-t, always the quintesential phsyically bulky tank of ou. Lando joins the team to deal with the likes of talonflame and sand cores (ttar +exca) as a whole. With acess to imtimidate further increasing it's bulk phsyically, it gives it an edge over chomp, who can phase and chip, but lacks the bulk intimidate gives and an additional ground immunity which is nice + chomp has a nasty weakness to faries and dragons, which would ill pair with lati@s, who proved it's worth over starmie as a former need for hazard removal.
Thew eves give lando a wee bit of special bulk and speed as standard, with the rest in hp and defence for maximium physical bulk, aided by an impish nature. The move set uses eq for that always good ground stab, ropckslide is for acuracy reasons over stone edge, u-turn allows lando to pivot and stealth rock is just the best move in the game, as well as a further hazard. Rocky helemet allows for further chip damage.

Latias @ life orb

72 Hp / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Psychic
-Roost
-Healing Wish

Latias replaces latios, namely as the defence latias offers against the likes of keldeo and other special attackers it can sponge reliably, which latios struggles and thats not something the team wants in it's check/counter to these dangerous mons. The set allows for the standard eves to give some bulk to stand a few hits, roost it off and outspeed 350 and bellow with a timid 252 speed eve investment and the remainder eves in Special attack for maximium damage, life orb further boosts the otherwise weak special attack unboosted as latias is much weaker than her brother. The moveset takes advantage of latias over latios. As prievously mentioned roost is a great help to aid incountering/checking the likes of keldeo and friends , psychic hits harder than psyshock against the likes of volcanora, which latios can can fairly relibly if dracoing it or other mons is not a viable option, draco is a dracon stab nuke to finnish off threats and healing wish gives new like to a weakened teammate.

Heatran @ power herb

252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Spd
timid
-Solar beam
-Magma storm
-Earth Power
-taunt

Heatran vs volcanion has a tough one, both have their merits, for example volc can check azumaril, while heatran lacks that crucial stealth rock weakness, volc lacks a dragon ressit that having latias is nifty to have, especialy since skarmory can be unribly in that department, heatran can check and heatran lacks an electric weaknesses which would be an issuse as lati@s would have to defog to rid hazards, which wopuld includes the team, a further complication. Still for now it's heatran and the set is an all out lo attacking set. The nature is timid and with maxium speed to out speed modest or less invested heatran, volcaion, which heatran can check to pick off with ep and non speed boosted base 80~ pokemon, and the rest go ninto special attack to max out heatrans damage. The move choice is to lurte with hp grass, swampert and other grass weak pokemon, hetran can't hit harder dispise finding out they are picked off sudenly by heatran, especialy a weakened rotom-w just chancing it's luck, earth power kills rival heatran, hurts or kills volc, depending on his set or health, flashcannon hurts farries bad and hurts azumaril on the switch and while fire blast hits hard especially if hit prievously fire type moves, due to flash fire.

Last edited:
I suggest you build the team on showdown if you haven't already and just copy/paste the pokemons' sets instead of manually typing it out.
I don't see the point in putting Pursuit on Bisharp considering you have 3 lati checks, I suggest you put Swords Dance on it.
I don't think LO Heatran is a good set. If you want an offensive Heatran set, I suggest you use:

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Solarbeam

You may want to use the Solarbeam w/ Power Herb option to hit incoming water types hard but that's just me.

I suggest you build the team on showdown if you haven't already and just copy/paste the pokemons' sets instead of manually typing it out.
I don't see the point in putting Pursuit on Bisharp considering you have 3 lati checks, I suggest you put Swords Dance on it.
I don't think LO Heatran is a good set. If you want an offensive Heatran set, I suggest you use:

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic / Solarbeam

You may want to use the Solarbeam w/ Power Herb option to hit incoming water types hard but that's just me.
Hmm you have a point with bisharp, I think I will opt for the swords dance option.

I do like power herb heatran, hitting water types harc on the switch would be invaluble for the team. Heatran still hits pretty hard, but I may opt for modest if power seems more nessary so ill test that out.

Ty for your help man

-malo

Ok, so as one of the few people left that still likes using Mega Gallade, I really like your team. I do however spot some changes that will make the team better in my opinion.

I noticed you are running a skarmory to check fairies, however Heatran already does that very nicely with taunt. The team right now struggles to check a lot of offensive waters like Azumarill and Gyarados. Skarmory is also very passive in this more offensive build so this is why I suggest running Rotom-Wash > Skarmory. What this does if provide a great check to Azumarill and offensive waters in general.
This also allows you to change
Solarbeam -----> Taunt as well as Leftovers > Powerherb on Heatran. This allows Heatran to be a really effective stall breaker, a playstyle which the core of Bisharp + Mega Gallade struggles with. As Mega Gallade is mainly a wallbreaker, I would run Close Combat > Drain Punch. The power drop is really noticable when using drain punch and it loses out on a lot of KO's. Healing Wish on Latias can be used to bring Gallade back up to full HP if it is really useful in a battle. On Bisharp I would go ahead and just run full speed, as speed tying other neutral base 70's is very important and the extra Spdef EV's not really helping much in most matchups.

Rotom-W Set

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

If you would like, go ahead and run 8 Speed on Rotom-W. 56 speed is used to outspeed 180 speed volcanion as well as defensive Landorus-therian, catching them off guard and netting a lot of surprise KO's. The bulk drop isn't really noticable and 56 speed is very useful.

tl;dr
Rotom-W > Skarmory
Toxic > Solar Beam, Leftovers > Powerherb
Close Combat > Drain Punch
Full Speed

I think this is a really solid team with a great offensive core and healing wish latias being placed perfectly. I hope my suggestions helped, and good luck with your team.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)