An Uber Miracle (Uber RMT)

Well to be honest, I have tried to play the uber tier previously and it didn't go so well. I've only actually tried to play it a handful of times and not for extended periods of time. (5mins.) As my title states, this is an uber miracle in the sense of it being a big one. It just worked well with the tier lol. I made a team before, close to this one and it just plain sucked. So, I tweaked it a little bit and it made a drastic change for the better. It actually peaked at #41 in less than a day. It took me a matter of hours to reach and climb the leaderboard. Not to bad if I might say so myself. ^^ So, without further adieu....

The Team:

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 SAtk/116 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Draco Meteor

Dialga is my support lead. He sets up the all important stelth rocks and does some damge to the opposition. Aura sphere can OHKO lead darkrai, after he dark voids of course. The lum berry helps with that. He 2HKOs standard deoxys-S. He is very sturdy and usually able to come back in later. With a modest nature he maintains enough bulk to take hits and enough physical prowess to do some damage.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed

A standard SD rayquaza set. He is nothing out of the ordinary, but definately a force to be reckoned with. After a single SD he can run through entire teams. I usually use wobbuffet to trap counters or trap something that quaza can easily set up on. So basically, he's used for an eaither early or late-game sweep. Extremespped is key to this set because it just makes up for his mediocre speed.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Outrage
- Thunder
- Surf
- Spacial Rend

My revenge killer. This spot once belonged to a standard scarfchomp. I like it, but some one better in ubers suggested this set. He is my main switch-in to specs kyogre or any one really lol. Well, as long as I know it doesn't carry a stausing move. Thunder is mainly for kyogre. Outrage is usually saved for a desperate late-game sweep, although it is rarely used and I think it's just a wasted move slot.

Darkrai @ Lum Berry
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Sleep and sweep! A standard NP darkrai. He does his job well. He is a back up sweeper and also support against team counters. He used to carry a life orb, but I found that he was dying too fast. The item change to a lum berry was also another suggestion by the same person. The two move combo gives perfect coverage and is mighty powerful after a single NP. He was an improvement from the earlier version of this team. He is definately a much needed assett to this team.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

He was once a scarfogre. I change dhim after seeing the raw power of specsogre. I was like wow. Even things that resist its attacks are hit hard. I do miss its ability to revenge kill, but the increase in raw power kind of makes up for it. Water spout is something that all kyogres use, but a specs kyogre utilizes it much better. It already with holds a lot of power, but specs just make you want to cum.

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP/228 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

My safety against threats. Wobb is my main assett that sets up sweeps. He is mainly used to set up rayquaza because he is imo, my most powerful sweeper. He usually nets at least one kill a game, but can possibly scrounge up more. Once something is trapped it becomes a bit of a prediction game, but only if it's not choiced. The pay off is huge once this beast doe sits job. He can handle many threats or help something else handle those threats.

Here is my team before it was changed:

Well, there is my team. I honestly don't think I can do a threat list XD. I don't feel that I know the uber metagame enough yet. Although, I do know that scizor does give this team problems. I'm asking for help especially from you expert uber players. I think now would be the appropriate time to give credit to reachzero. He is the person that i was talking about earlier. He suggested the change to scarfpalkia and lum berry on darkrai. Sorry in advance for typos lol. Thank you in advance! Rate it, hate it, steal it! I really hope my descriptions are long enough XD. I'm just at a loss for words and lack enough information about the tier.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Your dialga lead isnt supporting you very well on this team. Your sweepers really want spikes to help them get OKHOs, so for this reason i think a standard deoxys-s lead would be a good replacement for your dialga.

Thank you, and I actually replaced it with a deoxys-s lead myself right after I wrote this lol. It's actually working really well.

You have a hige SDRayquaza weakness your only way to stop it if the enemy didnt set up SR and a layer of spikes is to make it weakne itself with LO Recoil then try to speed tie with rayquaza using extremespeed. Lugia could be a great asset to this team. And I suggest replacing Kyogre with it. Kyogre does provide the main powerhouse of power for your team but seeing as you have 2 Set up Sweepers and 1 Choiced pokemon, Kyogre just seems like it would make other pokemon come in and set up on you.

Darkrai doesnt need too survive attacks. Since he will often kill your oponent. LO Brings in crucial KOes that Lum Berry doesnt. Standard Groudon after it comes in on SR Doesnt get KOed by a +2 Dark Pulse from Darkrai unless hes holding a LO. Blissey doesnt get OHKOed by Focus Blast from a +4 Darkrai unless its holding a LO.With LO you have a 15.38% of OHKOing 4Hp/min Kyogre after SR. With LO You KO 4hp/min Palkia after SR with Dark Pulse. I will strongly suggest you change Lum Berry to Life Orb. Even Shaymin with that crappy 75 base defense takes hits better than Darkrai thanks to its Base HP. Darkrai needs to assure those KOes.

For the Lugia set run this

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/52 Def/204 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Reflect
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam

Godd Luck with this and I hoped I helped

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey here, it is Gen, and there were a few things I noticed with your team which I do feel that they need to be changed. Though some of these changes are large I will keep the same six pokemon on your team.

The first thing I noticed with your team is that your lead Dialga really does not do much. Sure he can set Stealth Rock down, but then he is pretty much dead weight to your team. I would like to change Darkrai for Dialga on your team. Darkrai when given a Choice Scarf is still a very effective anti lead and revenge killer for later in the game. He can also stop your opponent from getting Stealth Rock and / or Spikes down if he is running Deoxys-s as a lead. Not only that but as far as it goes, a quick Dark-type STAB is something that is very helpful in Ubers.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast / Spacial Rend
- Dark Void
- Trick

Fairly straight forward. Start of the game using Dark Void to get you into an early advantage, or you could use Trick to cripple their lead if you think it is a vital part to their team. The choice between Focus Blast and Spacial Rend is completely your decision. Focus Blast will hit Dialga, other Darkrai and the odd Tyranitar for Super Effective damage. Using Dark Pulse on the Steel-types in Ubers is usually the best move since they usually have a Psychic-type secondary. Spacial Rend will allow you to finish off Garchomp, Palkia and Rayquaza (who is locked into Outrage) extremely easily. It is truly a toss up, for your team though I would say that Focus Blast may be more helpful as with my next suggestion Swords Dance Rayquaza no longer is a threat to you.

It is obvious, Swords Dance Rayquaza and Lucario give your team so huge issues. But now we have a perfectly usable Dialga now that he is outside of your lead position! When Dialga is given the item Choice Scarf, he is now probably the best Lucario and SD Rayquaza counter there is. He is resistant to Extremespeed, which he can then hit either pokemon with Aura Sphere for Lucario and Dragon Pulse for Rayquaza. Dialga also has other perks by being able to revenge kill all Kyogre sets (unless it is Calm mind and already has done that a few times) along with being a fantastic late to mid game clean up pokemon.

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere / Flamethrower

Alright, what you see is what you get, but bringing this character out first would be a poor idea. Wobbuffet traps and kills it without batting an eye. Usually mid game is where he shines, firing off Draco Meteors. Noramlly if you are going for a sweep, Dragon Pulse is what you would use for the attack. But Draco Meteor comes with a few perks such as being able to OHKO a 100% Darkrai, something which Aura Sphere will not be able to do. On your team, as you are not running a Groudon, Aura Sphere is the better option of the two listed moves. Flamethrowers power would just be weakened, not worth it. Unless you fear Scizor or hate Forretress to an unbelivable degree. Scarf Dialga pushes you to four choice users if you take my advice, and that can get messy when facing a stall team, so I have a few things to say about Palkia.

Palkia is your answer for Kyogre, but Scarf Palkia is not needed when you will be running Scarf Dialga and Scarf Darkrai. I want to suggest mixed Palkia, it will handle Stall a bit easier thanks to the ability to change up moves. Palkia can still handle Kyogre, in fact it will be able to handle Kyogre even easier than before as with Outrage it will do a minimum of fifty percent to the bulkiest Kyogre set.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Hasty Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast / Surf / Thunder

Again, pretty simple to understand, it's Spacial Rend is just as powerful as the Choice Scarf's version. So you can still hit very hard from the special side of the spectrum. THis will handle Kyogre still rather easily, Outrage always 2HKOing it unless it deals minimum twice and Kyogre is carrying Leftovers. Aqua Tail will OHKO a Blissey after it takes damage from a Spacial Rend, and Fire Blast would be the suggested move for this pokemon. To help take down the Forretress that is run quite often on Stall teams. With this Palkia taking down the common enemies of Kyogre on Stall teams it will be easier to sweep with it.

That are my very large changes to your team. Issues with all these are is now Dragon Dance Rayquaza can cause you problems if it runs a Jolly nature, as it will then outspeed and OHKO Dialga. Stall is still a problem to this team even though you run mixed Palkia and Choice Specs Kyogre. I would like to suggest a Forretress over your Wobbuffet, but if you feel that Wobbuffet is too important to give up then so be it. Forretress would be extremely helpful in removing Stealth Rock and Spikes which would weaken Kyogre's Water Spout and makes Rayquaza enter the battle field with 75% of it's HP intact. Wobbuffet doesn't really do much besides find rooms for Rayquaza to set up, which it can do on its own most of the time.

Any way, hope I helped, good luck with the team.

Damn...that ScarfPalkia would rampage under Rain...

Decent looking team here. I'd suggest replacing Wobbuffet with Magnezone, for a simple reason: Wobbuffet's only purpose seems to be stopping Steels that threaten Rayquaza's sweep. Magnezone does this perfectly and gives you another attacker.

For someone new to the Ubers tier, you've come up with a good team here. Best of luck.

Decent looking team here. I'd suggest replacing Wobbuffet with Magnezone, for a simple reason: Wobbuffet's only purpose seems to be stopping Steels that threaten Rayquaza's sweep. Magnezone does this perfectly and gives you another attacker.
O________________________________________

Wobb not only gives a way to remove Steels, but also lets his stat-up sweepers get in freely, and removes other walls like Blissey if you're lucky. Magnezone is also rather poor in Ubers as it will die to nearly any hit.

? while i do not suggest magnezone to be used, why would you say he would die to nearly any hit, seriously this is such a fucking ignorant thing to say. Just because he is OU does not make him weaker at all. 115 Base Def and 90 SpD is not horrible at all for a SpA sweeper.

Anyway, if you continue to use dialga lead, i would suggest replacing flamethrower with thunderwave to cripple scarf darkrai leads.

Thanks for the rates guys.

@ rusty turtle: magnezone really doesn't sound appealing actually.

@gen. empoleon: I love the thorough rate, but with all the new pokes, where is my support (SR & spikes) for my SDquaza sweep? I actuall tried the additions, but didn't like the results.

@ GF toxicity: ummm the lugia just seems out of place and like a weak link, but maybe because I'm more of an offensive player, not a defensive one.

@ shizzle: Thank you. lol

@ Colloquy: Thanks for backing me up.

What I did myself was replace dialga with deoxys-s and took off specs from kyogre and used the lead set, but not as a lead lol. It works nicely. He gest many surprise kills and rayquaza wanting to come in and set up on a surf will be KOed from a powerful icebeam. I like it. ^^

Keep the rates coming guys. I know this team can do better. Also, its new peak position is #36 on the leaderboard. I'm still climbing and I don't want to stop!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)