Other Metagames Anything Goes Peaking Team

How do you rate my team?

• Awesome

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • You suck!

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

"Behold my powers! I am the strongest Pokémon in the world. Stronger even than Mew."

Forget Arceus. This Pokemon screams death to all Pokemon out there. Arceus is a flying Llama stuck in a fence, and is a joke compared to this Psycho Killer, anime wise. This Mewtwo is pretty straight forwarded. Hit anything for super effective and hope bring them to low HP. Mewtwo has the best special move, Psystrike, which makes him a special mixed attacker, and can OHKO Ho-Oh after stealth rock and hits special walls extremely hard. This Pokemon can OHKO both Mega-Rayquaza and Extremekiller Arceus after Stealth rock has been set up. Most of the time, I don't even have to bring Mewtwo out, because the mere pressure of his presence keeps opponents holding their best pokemon to defeat this Mewtwo, which I am unfortunately fully aware of. Often times they use priority to take out Mewtwo, and he is quite frail, and has a weakness to Klefki's prankster Thunder wave. Nevertheless, Mewtwo is undeniably a formidable battler, and anyone will be out of their minds if they think they can handle him.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Just look at it's Shiny form! What's not to love about that! So majestic and beautiful! In my honest opinion it is the COOLEST looking legendary Pokemon ever introduced. This Yveltal is not designed to be a special attacker with the standard spread of Sucker Punch, Oblivion Wing, Dark Pulse, and Heat Wave. This Yveltal is designed to take down physical attackers. Yes. The likes of ExtremeKiller Arceus and Rayquaza. It's all about predicting your opponent's moves. Like, if Rayquaza was going to Earthquake Klefki, bring this badass out. Rayquaza will often fire Dragon Ascent, but to his horror, this bulky pokemon survives and proceeds to KO it with Foul Play. To top this off, Any Extremekiller and Physical Ghosteus lacking Stone Edge are immediately OHKO if either of them boosted with Sword Dance, after stealth rock for the former, and outright KOing the latter. But this is the only purpose of the Yveltal? No. It functions as an EXCELLENT stall breaker. Yes. Simply taunt Chansey and Lugia and cripple them with toxic. Toxic can hit a lot of pokemon who hates it, such as Groudon. Yveltal can 2HKO Support Primal Groudon if Klefki had swaggered it, meaning that if it hurt at least once or twice in confusion, Yveltal can actually OHKO it. It forms excellent synergy with Klefki, as Klefki checks Xerneas and fast Pokemon such as Darkrai. Faster pokemon will paralyzed, allowing Yveltal to taunt them to no ends, such as Lugia, and defeat them one on one. Yveltal is usually the last pokemon to survive on my team if it's other teammates are gone.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Welcome the King of Ubers! This HUGE beast can swim in lava. Yes you heard right. Swim. Anyway, this monster is the best pokemon in Ubers, no questions asked. Time for Kyogre's reign is over. This set's primary purpose is to check Xerneas by phazing it away and setting up stealth rock. It can also wall Rayquaza and many Arceus forms not named Ground Arceus to a degree, and I often use Roar in case they try to use Groudon as a setup fodder. It can absorb burns aimed at Mega Rayquaza if it's Lum Berry is used up, although that doesn't happen often. Due to it's insane bulk, it can take some special attack aimed at it and hit hard in response with Precipice Blades and Lava Plume, respectively. Lava plume has a nice niche of burning opponent although that's a small chance, but hits extremely hard under the sun and since the nature does not hurt it's special attack, I often spam it if I am anticipating a switch, unless I see Kyogre in the team preview. It is nearly guaranteed beats many lead pokemon, including Deoxys-S, Mega Sableye, and Mega Diancie, although I use Shaymin for this purpose.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

I cannot get enough of Shaymin's CUTENESS. So adorable, which is often the entertainment of my Pokemon Amie :3. This Skymin, is not a sweeper, but functions as a revenge killer and a anti-lead. Yes. anti-lead. With a choice scarf equipped and a modest nature, it's capable of outrunning 2+ Geomancy Xerneas with the standard spread, and defeat Deoxy-S lead by flinching it to death. Seed Flare OHKO pokemon that are weak to it, notably, Primal Kyogre after Stealth Rock. To top it, it can actually defeat lead support primal Groudon by flinching it twice, and then defeating it with a last mighty Air Slash. It has HP-ICE to hit a 1+ Dragon Danced Mega Salamence, which Shaymin easily outruns. People hate me for using this Shaymin, but those aforementioned traits are NOTHING compared to it's true purpose, Healing Wish. It is the fastest healing wish user to my knowledge. Let's say if my Yveltal was put to sleep by Darkrai. I switch it out and deal Darkrai with my Klefki with the set below if timed correctly, which I am pretty good at. Finally, after all the checks and threats to my Yveltal are gone, I will bring out this Skymin and use Healing Wish, to revive it and finish the opposing sweepers during late games, such as Rayquaza and Arceus, which Yveltal laughs at. Healing Wish is also used to bring back My Mega Rayquaza if it is severely low in life or crippled badly. Shaymin is very frail and is prone to extremespeed, and stealth rock hurts it's life more. But it's uniqueness is too difficult to pass up, and that's why I used this over Scarfed Jirachi, which is too slow while equipped to handle the monsters that roam the AG tier.
Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Healing Wish

Should I even BOTHER explaining what this is? A Dragon capable of breathing in Space, not to mention destroying Deoxys and a meteor, as beautifully illustrated in the Delta Episode of ORAS. But seems like I have to. This Rayquaza is meant to DESTROY. Sweep. Make your opponent cry. Whatever ya call it. This Rayquaza is the most OP pokemon in AG. Enough rambling, let's take a look at this set. Oh wait, everyone knows it. The set that destroys stall team. After Stealth rock has been set up on the opposing side, this Rayquaza, without bulky checks, is capable of destroying all of them after a single Dragon Dance, but the purpose of this Rayquaza is to predict WHEN to sweep or just to hit hard without Dragon Dance. If i mispredict Rayquaza's check, then it's gotta end it badly. But like I said, I am good at predicting. So if an opponent bringsin Arceus, chance it is gotta use extremespeed or sword dance. After taking damage from stealth rock, Rayquaza really cannot sweep if Arceus has sword dance set up. The fact I lack a hazard remover may be weird, but in reality, I do not really need it since AG is a tier that hits hard. As I said before, stall teams are destroyed by using this Rayquaza + Klefki + Yveltal combo. However, when you predict a switch, use DD, then destroy the team. But don't be overconfident when doing that. Team preview helps you figure out what to do with this Rayquaza before utilizing it. That's all I will say for now.\
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

World's most annoying pokemon. A key. A darn key. Or rather, a key that holds the key to your nightmare. Prankster. Thunder wave. Substitute, SWAGger. Foul Play. (Troll Face). Klefki is probably the most necessary Pokemon I need in my team. Klefki's main purpose is to spread paralysis to any team, and I mean, any team, so it's teammates can orchestrate their defeat. By paralyzing Darkrai and Mewtwo, they are rendered useless. With this specific set, we are able to defeat majority of the Anything Goes that lacks a solid answer to it. Even if you carry Chansey to cure your team, my Yveltal is the bane of your Chansey. Taunt it. You are thinking, oh yeah? Bring Lugia, oh wait, it's paralyzed too? Oh let me bring Arceus, oh wait, it gets OHKO'ed by Foul Play? Oh wait, let me bring Mega Dianice? Oh no? Mewtwo destroys it? And so on and on. Just see for yourself :3.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Foul Play

ALSO, ONE IMPORTANT THING, I PEAKED AG, and I lacked a single Llama stuck in a fence. Arceus is useless to my team. Adding him to my team is more of a hassle than a help. So don't go on rambling that I need Arceus. I don't need it. Anyway, what's the rating of my team? Please let me know what I can do to change the team or comment it. Any feedback will be appreciated! Thank you all for reading this.

Last edited:
Hi, and neat team. Of course, there are always things to improve...
"Behold my powers! I am the strongest Pokémon in the world. Stronger even than Mew."

Forget Arceus. This Pokemon screams death to all Pokemon out there. Arceus is a flying Llama stuck in a fence, and is a joke compared to this Psycho Killer, anime wise. This Mewtwo is pretty straight forwarded. Hit anything for super effective and hope bring them to low HP. Mewtwo has the best special move, Psystrike, which makes him a special mixed attacker, and can OHKO Ho-Oh after stealth rock and hits special walls extremely hard. This Pokemon can OHKO both Mega-Rayquaza and Extremekiller Arceus after Stealth rock has been set up. Most of the time, I don't even have to bring Mewtwo out, because the mere pressure of his presence keeps opponents holding their best pokemon to defeat this Mewtwo, which I am unfortunately fully aware of. Often times they use priority to take out Mewtwo, and he is quite frail, and has a weakness to Klefki's prankster Thunder wave. Nevertheless, Mewtwo is undeniably a formidable battler, and anyone will be out of their minds if they think they can handle him.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
May I suggest running Taunt over Fire Blast? Taunt still allows you to completely shut down klefki, but also does more vs supportceus, stops Darkrai if you don't want to risk a miss, and keeps full health rayquaza from setting up to +1 and then KOing, as you require stealth rocks to knock it out.
Just look at it's Shiny form! What's not to love about that! So majestic and beautiful! In my honest opinion it is the COOLEST looking legendary Pokemon ever introduced. This Yveltal is not designed to be a special attacker with the standard spread of Sucker Punch, Oblivion Wing, Dark Pulse, and Heat Wave. This Yveltal is designed to take down physical attackers. Yes. The likes of ExtremeKiller Arceus and Rayquaza. It's all about predicting your opponent's moves. Like, if Rayquaza was going to Earthquake Klefki, bring this badass out. Rayquaza will often fire Dragon Ascent, but to his horror, this bulky pokemon survives and proceeds to KO it with Foul Play. To top this off, Any Extremekiller and Physical Ghosteus lacking Stone Edge are immediately OHKO if either of them boosted with Sword Dance, after stealth rock for the former, and outright KOing the latter. But this is the only purpose of the Yveltal? No. It functions as an EXCELLENT stall breaker. Yes. Simply taunt Chansey and Lugia and cripple them with toxic. Toxic can hit a lot of pokemon who hates it, such as Groudon. Yveltal can 2HKO Support Primal Groudon if Klefki had swaggered it, meaning that if it hurt at least once or twice in confusion, Yveltal can actually OHKO it. It forms excellent synergy with Klefki, as Klefki checks Xerneas and fast Pokemon such as Darkrai. Faster pokemon will paralyzed, allowing Yveltal to taunt them to no ends, such as Lugia, and defeat them one on one. Yveltal is usually the last pokemon to survive on my team if it's other teammates are gone.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
That yveltal set is one of my personal favorites, but in my experience either knock off or sucker punch is superior to toxic. Knock off lets you remove lums for klefki, OHKO blissey, cripple giratina/darkrai/klefki, and makes it much harder to switch into. Sucker punch, meanwhile, lets you chip xerneas, defeat +2 mray after rocks/+3 mray/+1 mray after chip, and just generally hits faster threats. I've also had success with rocky helmet over leftovers, as you can then get free chip on physical attackers.

Welcome the King of Ubers! This HUGE beast can swim in lava. Yes you heard right. Swim. Anyway, this monster is the best pokemon in Ubers, no questions asked. Time for Kyogre's reign is over. This set's primary purpose is to check Xerneas by phazing it away and setting up stealth rock. It can also wall Rayquaza and many Arceus forms not named Ground Arceus to a degree, and I often use Roar in case they try to use Groudon as a setup fodder. It can absorb burns aimed at Mega Rayquaza if it's Lum Berry is used up, although that doesn't happen often. Due to it's insane bulk, it can take some special attack aimed at it and hit hard in response with Precipice Blades and Lava Plume, respectively. Lava plume has a nice niche of burning opponent although that's a small chance, but hits extremely hard under the sun and since the nature does not hurt it's special attack, I often spam it if I am anticipating a switch, unless I see Kyogre in the team preview. It is nearly guaranteed beats many lead pokemon, including Deoxys-S, Mega Sableye, and Mega Diancie, although I use Shaymin for this purpose.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
Not much to say here- the set itself is pretty standard. I'm not sure your team really needs the rocks support, especially as every team carries defog, but there aren't that many better options to run here. I suppose you could try thunder wave?
I cannot get enough of Shaymin's CUTENESS. So adorable, which is often the entertainment of my Pokemon Amie :3. This Skymin, is not a sweeper, but functions as a revenge killer and a anti-lead. Yes. anti-lead. With a choice scarf equipped and a modest nature, it's capable of outrunning 2+ Geomancy Xerneas with the standard spread, and defeat Deoxy-S lead by flinching it to death. Seed Flare OHKO pokemon that are weak to it, notably, Primal Kyogre after Stealth Rock. To top it, it can actually defeat lead support primal Groudon by flinching it twice, and then defeating it with a last mighty Air Slash. It has HP-ICE to hit a 1+ Dragon Danced Mega Salamence, which Shaymin easily outruns. People hate me for using this Shaymin, but those aforementioned traits are NOTHING compared to it's true purpose, Healing Wish. It is the fastest healing wish user to my knowledge. Let's say if my Yveltal was put to sleep by Darkrai. I switch it out and deal Darkrai with my Klefki with the set below if timed correctly, which I am pretty good at. Finally, after all the checks and threats to my Yveltal are gone, I will bring out this Skymin and use Healing Wish, to revive it and finish the opposing sweepers during late games, such as Rayquaza and Arceus, which Yveltal laughs at. Healing Wish is also used to bring back My Mega Rayquaza if it is severely low in life or crippled badly. Shaymin is very frail and is prone to extremespeed, and stealth rock hurts it's life more. But it's uniqueness is too difficult to pass up, and that's why I used this over Scarfed Jirachi, which is too slow while equipped to handle the monsters that roam the AG tier.
Shaymin-Sky @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Healing Wish
If you want to run shaymin, run timid- otherwise the (admittedly rare) Jolly mray outspeeds you at+1, you cant function as well if you get KOffed, you get outsped by other Shaymin-S, you can't outspeed some rock polish PDon's, and you gain very little power. Also, use dazzling gleam- it does more to mega rayquaza than HP ice and actually hits other things for decent damage. Mega Salamence isn't common enough in AG for that to be worthwhile solely for it.
Should I even BOTHER explaining what this is? A Dragon capable of breathing in Space, not to mention destroying Deoxys and a meteor, as beautifully illustrated in the Delta Episode of ORAS. But seems like I have to. This Rayquaza is meant to DESTROY. Sweep. Make your opponent cry. Whatever ya call it. This Rayquaza is the most OP pokemon in AG. Enough rambling, let's take a look at this set. Oh wait, everyone knows it. The set that destroys stall team. After Stealth rock has been set up on the opposing side, this Rayquaza, without bulky checks, is capable of destroying all of them after a single Dragon Dance, but the purpose of this Rayquaza is to predict WHEN to sweep or just to hit hard without Dragon Dance. If i mispredict Rayquaza's check, then it's gotta end it badly. But like I said, I am good at predicting. So if an opponent bringsin Arceus, chance it is gotta use extremespeed or sword dance. After taking damage from stealth rock, Rayquaza really cannot sweep if Arceus has sword dance set up. The fact I lack a hazard remover may be weird, but in reality, I do not really need it since AG is a tier that hits hard. As I said before, stall teams are destroyed by using this Rayquaza + Klefki + Yveltal combo. However, when you predict a switch, use DD, then destroy the team. But don't be overconfident when doing that. Team preview helps you figure out what to do with this Rayquaza before utilizing it. That's all I will say for now.\
Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
MRay is also standard, not much to comment on there.
World's most annoying pokemon. A key. A darn key. Or rather, a key that holds the key to your nightmare. Prankster. Thunder wave. Substitute, SWAGger. Foul Play. (Troll Face). Klefki is probably the most necessary Pokemon I need in my team. Klefki's main purpose is to spread paralysis to any team, and I mean, any team, so it's teammates can orchestrate their defeat. By paralyzing Darkrai and Mewtwo, they are rendered useless. With this specific set, we are able to defeat majority of the Anything Goes that lacks a solid answer to it. Even if you carry Chansey to cure your team, my Yveltal is the bane of your Chansey. Taunt it. You are thinking, oh yeah? Bring Lugia, oh wait, it's paralyzed too? Oh let me bring Arceus, oh wait, it gets OHKO'ed by Foul Play? Oh wait, let me bring Mega Dianice? Oh no? Mewtwo destroys it? And so on and on. Just see for yourself :3.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Foul Play
On klefki, it's generally beneficial to run 12 or so speed evs to outspeed opposing klefki's and set up a sub. Other than, that, this set is solid.

I'm not sure what the real goal of this team is, so I can't offer much more than set tweaks. Do you have some replays you could add?

Hi, and neat team. Of course, there are always things to improve...

May I suggest running Taunt over Fire Blast? Taunt still allows you to completely shut down klefki, but also does more vs supportceus, stops Darkrai if you don't want to risk a miss, and keeps full health rayquaza from setting up to +1 and then KOing, as you require stealth rocks to knock it out.

That yveltal set is one of my personal favorites, but in my experience either knock off or sucker punch is superior to toxic. Knock off lets you remove lums for klefki, OHKO blissey, cripple giratina/darkrai/klefki, and makes it much harder to switch into. Sucker punch, meanwhile, lets you chip xerneas, defeat +2 mray after rocks/+3 mray/+1 mray after chip, and just generally hits faster threats. I've also had success with rocky helmet over leftovers, as you can then get free chip on physical attackers.

Not much to say here- the set itself is pretty standard. I'm not sure your team really needs the rocks support, especially as every team carries defog, but there aren't that many better options to run here. I suppose you could try thunder wave?

If you want to run shaymin, run timid- otherwise the (admittedly rare) Jolly mray outspeeds you at+1, you cant function as well if you get KOffed, you get outsped by other Shaymin-S, you can't outspeed some rock polish PDon's, and you gain very little power. Also, use dazzling gleam- it does more to mega rayquaza than HP ice and actually hits other things for decent damage. Mega Salamence isn't common enough in AG for that to be worthwhile solely for it.

MRay is also standard, not much to comment on there.

On klefki, it's generally beneficial to run 12 or so speed evs to outspeed opposing klefki's and set up a sub. Other than, that, this set is solid.

I'm not sure what the real goal of this team is, so I can't offer much more than set tweaks. Do you have some replays you could add?

Thanks for the feedback. I will add the knock off on Yveltal. Jolly Rayquaza is handled by Yveltal well anyway. Hp Ice is specifically for Mega Mence. Dazzling gleam does not ko Rayquaza which will proceed to use DD and sweep. It's more efficient to use air slash. Taunt Mewtwo is good but I find it walled quite easily if I am to remove Focus Blast or Fire Blast. Groudon handles Klefki anyway. I will increase speed on Klefki. Stealth rock is kinda required for me because Mewtwo and Rayquaza cannot ko certain pokrmon like Lugia Ho Oh and Arceus. Any more arguments for this will be appreciated! Thanks!

Here is a quick replay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-372010804

This one is long perhaps give you more insight to my team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-372757958

Against 1inear
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-352490145

Example to why Yveltal is Better off using toxic. Toxic forces off switches.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-352659002

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Grats on peak #1 man, I'm Josh from the AG room. Obviously your team isn't bad if you peaked the ladder, but I think I can help you out.

As you said, Yveltal's role is to check physical attackers, which it is phenomenal at. Rocky Helmet > Leftovers is pretty important thing. Yveltal is pretty passive without it, and it also helps pick up some extra VERY important ko's. For example: +2 0- Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 331-391 (86.6 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. Without the Rocky Helmet damage it's living most of the time. In general though, the Rocky Helmet means Yveltal can always help out, even if its sacking Yveltal off for damage against a physical attacker if Yveltal is at low health. Leftovers doesn't help out a ton anyways. Oh, and Leftovers reveals itself, whereas Rocky Helmet can be used to bluff an offensive set initially which can pick up a surprise KO.

Mewtwo really isn't needed. It was dead weight in all of your given replays, yes it chunked Gira in the last one but I don't get why Gira was the play anyhow. One thing I see is a Ho-Oh weakness; your "switchins" are Primal Groudon and Yveltal (lol). And, your Pdon set can't touch Ho-Oh either, but Lava Plume can't be forfeited without essentially giving up against Forre since Mewtwo is going. I'd typically suggest Rock Arceus here; provides a nice additional M-Ray check as well as reliably countering Ho-Oh. However, if you are completely opposed to using an Arceus forme, Zekrom is a neat Pokemon that beats (most) Ho-Oh sets consistently, while it does admittedly hate getting burned. I'm going to strongly recommend the Rock Arceus set I import below, however, because it doesn't get crippled by Ho-Oh's incredibly spammable STAB. This set also beats most other physical attackers and can check Ekiller if Yveltal gets overwhelmed.
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Have fun with your team! Like I said, its solid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)