Megas: Infinite
Z-Moves: 1 per Z-Crystal used
1 Recovery / 2 Chills
Turn Order:
Coin Flip followed by Right of Way.
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Series Explanation
- Best of 3 1v1s
- Turn Order is determined by Coin Flip in the first fight, and Right of Way in future fights.
- Right of Way: Granted to the loser of the previous bout.
- Individual fights can end in a tie. In such a case, a tiebreaker will be conducted where Right of Way goes to the victor of the last round that ended in a victory.
- In the tiebreaker, players may use any of the 4 Pokemon that they sent in, even if they were used previously.

Bracket

Battles
JJayyFeather
vs PTPlatinum [Ref: Toon] (THREAD)
smashlloyd20 vs Exclaimer [Ref: JJayyFeather] (THREAD)
Elevator Music vs deadfox081 [Ref: JJayyFeather] (THREAD)
Fort Colorcastle vs Complications [Ref: PTPlatinum] (THREAD)
Yoshiblaze vs acidphoenix [Ref: JJayyFeather] (THREAD)
nightblitz42 vs Dogfish44 [Ref: PTPlatinum] (THREAD)
S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal [Ref: Ooraloo] (THREAD)
Flamestar vs Gale Wing Srock [Ref: Toon] (THREAD)

For the refs: Prefix the thread titles with [Series R1]

Battle Rewards
Winner: Standard rewards, 10 UC
Loser: Standard rewards
Ref: [Standard Rewards]*1.5

DQ for sending in and getting matches started is 12:00:00 UTC-4 on Wednesday, October 11

Good luck and have fun!

Signups

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
JJayyFeather vs PTPlatinum
smashlloyd20 vs Exclaimer
Elevator Music vs deadfox081
Fort Colorcastle vs Complications
Yoshiblaze vs acidphoenix
nightblitz42 vs Dogfish44
S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal
Flamestar vs Gale Wing Srock

I love rooting for rookies, and I would be so happy for Jayy's smug smugliness to be shut down REAL early. But that being said, I think Jayy has both an experience and Pokemon pool advantage. On the other hand, I think PTP is one of the best newcomers, so I hope he proves my prediction wrong!

Could be a close battle, but Exclaimer is the better battle at this point in time. But if smash plays consistently, doesn't push DQ, any sort of Exclaimer choke could lead to an easy win.

This battle is going to be a lot more interesting that what it looks like. Emma has a much better track record, but I think deadfox has the better team for this sort of tournament. If deadfox is smart, he should be able to either counterteam the few megas Emma has, or break through his better but weaker Pokemon.

Fort is better, but I think Comp is starting to peak. Both have sort of spotty activity though, so... could go either way. If Fort focuses 100%, he will win.

Cool battle! Yoshi is no joke. If he prepares for acidphoenix to spam the same move every round like he is choiced, he can definitely win. acid I think has the advantage here, but Yoshi has something to prove.

Dog, despite being inactive, is really hot in tournaments lately and has a good team for this sort of thing. nightblitz42 certainly could win, and I think I would favor him over a lot of regular users, but Dogfish is on quite a streak.

S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal

Good luck!

I love Galey boy. He can be inconsistent, but I think he can take the win here. Flame is an awesome new users, but I think he just doesn't know enough yet to win this match. If he hits the books and observes movepools, he could take it. But if not, Gale has the edge.

thanks for the cp birks
Real talk, Jay is one of ASB's top 5 active players. Unless he tries to style and messes up I can't really see him lose here. That said, PT seems to be another one of the up and coming players, and I can't wait to see what he brings to the table.
I'm going to be completely honest here - I feel smash is rusty, and Exclaimer's just getting better and better as time goes on (I'd put her in my top 10 of active players currently). Not to say smash can't do it, but it'll be an uphill battle from the start.

deadfox is a great player, but..... Emma's the best player in ASB, let's face it. Even at his best, deadfox is gonna be in a hell of a struggle to beat him.

I'm going to play it safe and put my prediction on who I've seen more of, but both have pretty spotty activity, and I feel it'll be a DQ on one of them at least.

Mostly playing it safe with this match as well. I don't know enough about the two to say one has the edge over the other.

Ah..... good luck, nightblitz. Not to say you can't win this (underdog story ahoy, I know the feeling) but DF's a fantastic player and he's been on a roll.

S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal
Gold to DQ While Gold isn't a bad player when he's not johning, Birks might just be on the top 3 of ASB's actives. He's a player with a lot of wit and creativity, and sometimes reminds me of Emma playing.

Flame's up and coming (kinda reminds me of Gale with his enthusiasm, actually!), but Gale at his best is a terrifying player. It'll come down to if Gale is at his best in this.

Good luck, everyone! Maybe once I get my act together and train the mons I actually want, I'll be going through this stuff again.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Important: Illusion is a non-functional ability in this tournament.

=======

Good luck! PT is definitely an up-and-coming player, and I thoroughly look forward to the challenge.

This will likely be an activity battle, but in the case it isn't, something about just how off-the-wall Exclaimer's battle style is makes me believe that this is her match to win. Definitely a good match though and I'm hyped to ref it :>

Emma is definitely the best player in ASB at the moment, so no surprise where my vote goes.

Possibly an activity battle, but in the case that it isn't, Complications to win it just because he's been around more as of late.

Yoshi's definitely on the up and up, and also phoenix took a nice disappearance for a while soooooo

This is a mix of not having seen enough of nightblitz's battling and having witnessed a lot of Dogfish's battling firsthand. Especially in tournaments, the corgi turns it up a notch or 5.

S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal
This vote for me leans primarily because I learned a lot of what I know about ASB today from Birkal. <3 But in seriousness, this is going to be a good match because when Gold isn't DQ'ing he's actually a pretty smart battler. Edge to Birkal because I'm pretty sure he has the best tournament track record here, someone should fact check me on that regarding Emma's track record though :P

New player vs a veteran tends to have me lean to the veteran. We'll see though.

I'm only going to do 1 prediction

blah blah I'm going to lose yay!
:^)
Nah I'm going to say I'm actually going to try.
Emphasis on say.

I love Pt but he's not facerolling my gym hard enough to make me believe he'll beat jayy

I'm trash

Could be pretty close since EM really thrives in bigger formats but he'll probably pull some BS combo and win at the last second

Comp has been active more recently

acidphoenix is pretty good when he bothers to do anything

dogfish is dogfish idk man

S0L1D G0LD vs Birkal
gold DQ

Gale is a badass and writes raid orders in like 5 seconds flat

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
PTPlatinum Ooraloo

Ping the players who haven't sent in please, given it is decently beyond the send-in/match start DQ. And if it's on you, get the damn thread up.

Players who haven't sent in have until Oct 12 at 12:00:00 PM UTC-4 to have teams sent in or I begin subbing players out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)