Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put my Gligar in the GTS with a Razor Fang, traded for a Poke on the GTS, took back Gligar, but it didn't evolve... (I did this at 10:45 last night) What could I be doing wrong?

Zeke - I believe you need a Heart Scale and you can relearn it with the Move Tutor in Pastoria City.

Question:
Is the power of Rollout after using Defense Curl on the fifth turn when holding a Metronome 1920? Also, is Power Trick Baton Pass-able? Does Choice Band apply to the attack after Power Trick is Baton Passed or to the initial attack? If it is the former, then I believe this is the most damage achievable in a Level 100 set Battle:
Attacker -
Choice Banded Positive Natured Shuckle with +6 Attack after receiving the ability Pure Power and having a Power Trick Baton Passed to it using the fifth turn of Rollout after a Defense Curl and holding Metronome.

Defender - -6 Defense Negatived Natured Ledyba.

HP Damage: 25,973,092 HP - 30,556,584 HP

That would be ridiculous if all of these apply.

Question:
Is the power of Rollout after using Defense Curl on the fifth turn when holding a Metronome 1920? Also, is Power Trick Baton Pass-able? Does Choice Band apply to the attack after Power Trick is Baton Passed or to the initial attack? If it is the former, then I believe this is the most damage achievable in a Level 100 set Battle:
Attacker -
Choice Banded Positive Natured Shuckle with +6 Attack after receiving the ability Pure Power and having a Power Trick Baton Passed to it using the fifth turn of Rollout after a Defense Curl and holding Metronome.

Defender - -6 Defense Negatived Natured Ledyba.

HP Damage: 25,973,092 HP - 30,556,584 HP

That would be ridiculous if all of these apply.
Metronome has its own damage modifier in the damage formula right after Life Orb so to say that Rollout has a power of 1920 after a Defense Curl while holding Metronome simply isn't accurate.

Yes, Power Trick is Passable.

Power Trick changes the stat itself. Choice Band would be applied on top of that.

As for your scenario, Shuckle cannot be holding a Choice Band and a Metronome. Metronome should be the item of choice.

Now, the absolute maximum damage that can be inflicted in a SINGLE Battle is:

This assumes:

Attacker:
Shuckle with maximum Defense (614) Passed a Power Trick and +6 Attack, Skill Swapped Pure Power (giving it a total Attack of 4912), using Rollout on the 5th turn after using Defense Curl beforehand (960 BP), and holding a Metronome while using Rollout at least 11 times (for the x2 boost). Oh, and the Rollout scores maximum damage and a critical hit.

Defender:
Practically any Level 1 Bug/Flying Pokemon (I personally like Combee for this) with a Defense IV of 0, a -Defense nature, and -6 Defense Passed to it. (whatever it takes to end up with 1 Defense)

Now for Double Battles, you COULD throw in a partner Cherrim (with Flower Gift) in the Sun using Helping Hand to boost Rollout's power to 1440 and Shuckle's Attack to a crazy 7368. That would increase the maximum damage to 213,896,016!

Someone PLEASE correct this if this is wrong. And don't include Helping Hand in the single battle calculation!

EDIT: For the curious, maximum % damage against a Level 20 Shedinja with 1 HP and 5 Defense (0 IV, -Defense nature, -6 Defense Passed):

Single Battle: 1,901,301,600% (WHAT?! That CAN'T be right...)

Double Battle: 4,277,923,200% (The hell?! @_@)

Metronome has its own damage modifier in the damage formula right after Life Orb so to say that Rollout has a power of 1920 after a Defense Curl while holding Metronome simply isn't accurate.

Yes, Power Trick is Passable.

Power Trick changes the stat itself. Choice Band would be applied on top of that.

As for your scenario, Shuckle cannot be holding a Choice Band and a Metronome. Metronome should be the item of choice.

Now, the absolute maximum damage that can be inflicted in a SINGLE Battle is:

This assumes:

Attacker:
Shuckle with maximum Defense (614) Passed a Power Trick and +6 Attack, Skill Swapped Pure Power (giving it a total Attack of 4912), using Rollout on the 5th turn after using Defense Curl beforehand (960 BP), and holding a Metronome while using Rollout at least 11 times (for the x2 boost). Oh, and the Rollout scores maximum damage and a critical hit.

Defender:
Practically any Level 1 Bug/Flying Pokemon (I personally like Combee for this) with a Defense IV of 0, a -Defense nature, and -6 Defense Passed to it. (whatever it takes to end up with 1 Defense)

Now for Double Battles, you COULD throw in a partner Cherrim (with Flower Gift) in the Sun using Helping Hand to boost Rollout's power to 1440 and Shuckle's Attack to a crazy 7368. That would increase the maximum damage to 213,896,016!

Someone PLEASE correct this if this is wrong. And don't include Helping Hand in the single battle calculation!

EDIT: For the curious, maximum % damage against a Level 20 Shedinja with 1 HP and 5 Defense (0 IV, -Defense nature, -6 Defense Passed):

Single Battle: 1,901,301,600% (WHAT?! That CAN'T be right...)

Double Battle: 4,277,923,200% (The hell?! @_@)
lol - its a pity sandstorm doesnt boost rock type moves...... hehe.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)