Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Relaxed male Tangela with Leech Seed and Regenerator from the Dream World. The IVs are very high in every stat but Sp. Def (which is bad anyway) and Speed (hindering nature, whatever). Problem is, he has a Ghost-type Hidden Power, which is useless.

So, just asking for some suggestions for moves to replace Hidden Power Ice on a standard physical wall Tangrowth (@Leftovers, Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Power Whip). He's going to be used on Wifi Battles mostly. I'm leaning towards Earthquake, but Knock Off and Focus Blast are also appealing.

I got a Relaxed male Tangela with Leech Seed and Regenerator from the Dream World. The IVs are very high in every stat but Sp. Def (which is bad anyway) and Speed (hindering nature, whatever). Problem is, he has a Ghost-type Hidden Power, which is useless.

So, just asking for some suggestions for moves to replace Hidden Power Ice on a standard physical wall Tangrowth (@Leftovers, Leech Seed/Sleep Powder/Power Whip). He's going to be used on Wifi Battles mostly. I'm leaning towards Earthquake, but Knock Off and Focus Blast are also appealing.
Knock Off can be an incredibly helpful options to eliminate Life Orbs and Leftovers, which could therefor help you live longer and stall harder respectively.

I know that Curse Ferrothorn isn't as effective as the standard set, but I need help for a 4th move:
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-filler
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/48 Def/208 SpD or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
Item: Leftovers

(take note that this Ferroseed I hatched was the offspring of 2 Ferroseed rather than a female Ferroseed and a father with some egg moves)

I like the idea of Knock Off, seeing as it can disarm a band user that would otherwise do some critical damage to you, thus helping him tank. It could also help break stalls by eliminating opponent's left overs. But, I'm not exactly a guru on competitive play...

I have an EV training question (kinda long sorry)
I caught a sandile (level 23) to practice EV training on. I gave him a macho brace to hold, and then trained him on 20 Basculin. So if my calculations are correct, each basculin gives 2 speed ev's, plus the macho brace, so really 4 speed evs per Basculin. 20 x 4 = 80. So right now Sandile has 80 speed ev's and since I just caught him, he had no previous evs in anything else.

I then went to go get 10 carbos for him and it only let me give him 2 before it said "that will have no effect."

SO finally, my question: how come it would not let me give him any more carbos? Obviously his speed ev was not at 255 and I thought all wild pokemon had 0 evs? I am new to ev training though so I probably did something wrong. Please let me know what I did wrong! Thanks!

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The max amount of EVs you can train with vitamins per stat is 100. You can only use vitamins until the stat is about to exceed 100 EVs.
Example: you defeat 4 Rattatas, gaining 4 Speed EVs. You can use 9 Carbos-es until you're at 94, but no more. However, if you had used the Carbos-es before you EV trained, you would have been able to get the speed to 100, then beat 4 Rattata to get to 100.
Since you'd already trained Sandile for 80 Spe EVs, you were only able to give him 2 Carbos-es. At that point he'd reached 100 EVs, the threshold for vitamin-training.
tl;dr Use Vitamins before EV training. It saves time.

The max amount of EVs you can train with vitamins per stat is 100. You can only use vitamins until the stat is about to exceed 100 EVs.
Example: you defeat 4 Rattatas, gaining 4 Speed EVs. You can use 9 Carbos-es until you're at 94, but no more. However, if you had used the Carbos-es before you EV trained, you would have been able to get the speed to 100, then beat 4 Rattata to get to 100.
Since you'd already trained Sandile for 80 Spe EVs, you were only able to give him 2 Carbos-es. At that point he'd reached 100 EVs, the threshold for vitamin-training.
tl;dr Use Vitamins before EV training. It saves time.
ah, good to know. Thank you!

People are always using lv 2-5 endeavor/Ice shard donphans, but phanpy doesn't evolve until lv 25, and endeavor and ice shard are egg moves, so it can't be caught at that level, even if they were found in the wild that low. Why isn't this illegal? The egg-training Pomeg glitch can't be used because Ice Shard is a gen 4 egg move, right?

Edit: NVM, pomeg glitch works in gen 4 too.

Why shouldn't it?
You can get a female Drizzletoed, so you can breed for it, right?
You can get a female, yes, but Sleep Talk isn't a TM or an egg move for Poliwag in this gen. So you can't breed for it. However, it is available as a move from the DW, so you can get a Poliwag with Drizzle and Sleep Talk directly from the DW (can't breed it though!).

Erm, so yes, you're right in that it is legal, but not because you can breed for Sleep Talk.

you know those drop down menus that say show, eg at the start of an RMT how do you make them? i have no idea
If you're talking about
tags, like this (quote this post to see the markup stuff):
content

If not, then I'm not sure what you're talking about...

If I have a pokemon with Rock Blast and it's holding a rock gem, will the rock gem power up all the hits, or only one?
I've answered a question similar to this, but except it was Icicle Spear. Rock Gem will power-up all of the hits, meaning the 25 BP will turn into ~33 BP per hit.

Hello ! I'm in pokesav and trying to find Cobalion aswell as it's ability. I think i've found the ability; Justice Heart, but im still looking for Cobalion. Anyone knows cobalions name in pokesav ?

Hello ! I'm in pokesav and trying to find Cobalion aswell as it's ability. I think i've found the ability; Justice Heart, but im still looking for Cobalion. Anyone knows cobalions name in pokesav ?
If you are looking for the JP romanisation, try stuff like Cobaruon, Kobaruon, that sort.

Alternatively, if the mons are arranged in Pokedex order try finding the number of Cobalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)