SM OU Balance team (1500 and still going)

1540834105997.png

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech

Tapu Bulu is used to force out pokes like : non supersonic skystrike landorus T, Tapu Koko , zygarde,non gunk shot greninja, etc... That force the rest your team out.
Grassy surge reduces earthquake damage which most of the team is weak to. I go leech seed since most of the time opponents will switch out when they see Bulu entering. Grassium Z wood hammer is to compensate its lack of wallbreaking ability.

1540834195024.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

Victini is used as a revenge killer and anti hyper offense outspeeding and one shotting noteably : Tapu Koko, non defensively invested volcarona after 1 quiver dance, Hoopa unbound, Loppuny mega ( basically anything that doesn't resist V-crate ) and all those pesky steel types.
Things to watch out for are pursuit trapper like tyrranitar (you can go brick break instead of will-O-wisp if he's realy a problem ) and common focus sash users like excadrill, I usually wear them out first with U-turn.

1540834289047.png

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog

My main defensive pivot. You can also go for rocky helmet instead of leftovers.
defog is useful for supporting Victini, Toxic is for anticipated switch, roost for sustain and whirlwind will yeet anything that tries to setup on you and eventually make your opponent rage quit.
Avoid letting him take special hits

1540835122480.png

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ice punch
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return

its main fonction is to wallbreak and revenge kill what Victini can't. Ice punch is for predicted zygarde, gliscor and landorus-T switch in. you can also go fire punch if you don't like getting bullied by scizor or go power up punch . and finally you can also go retalliate for a base 140 stab move when you predict a switch in that doesn't resist normal moves.

1540834777286.png

Magearna (F) @ assault vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

magearna is your special defensive pivot thanks to assault vest it can switch in safely to Tapu koko, greninja, Tapu Lele, mega Kazam, Zapdos, other magearnas etc...
Volt switch is to keep momentum, ice beam is for landorus-T, Zygarde, Gliscor, Garchomp switching in expecting to block volt switch. It can also handle things that don't resist it. Fleur Cannon is for wallbreaking and hidden power ground is for handling heatrans and megnezones looking to trap it. You can also run HP fire against ferrothorn and scizor.

1540834712109.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Tyrannitar is the final offensive threat. You'll have to predict a lot since it's banded.
Stone edge hits hard or OS a lot of things it also has high crit rate but low accurracy
Ice punch once again is for Landorus-T looking to intimidate it. Alternatively you can go crunch if you need a strong dark stab attack
Blacephalon and victini users keep falling to pursuit aside from that use it to finish low ennemies.
finally earthquake is for things like Heatran, weakened mega mawile and other things that don't resist it. Make sure they won't switch in to a flying poke or a levitate user since you'll then be locked and your opponent will get the initiative back.

Attachments

Last edited:
Yo Bro, I appreciate your commitment to building and I hope to help you with this team.

We begin to identify possible weaknesses in order to cover them.

The team is so WEAK at:

Charizard X <=> The set-up of Dragon Dance allows you to sweep without problems your whole team, Victini even if scarf turns out to be less effective for obvious reasons.

M-Diancie <=> The entrances on the stabs of Diancie are very few,unless you are in position with Lopunny, but Diancie's playstyle provides volturner as a Rotom to make it possible to hitting while maintaining the position of attack.

Charizard Y <=> Less bad than its version X, but always problematic with the answer Band TTar, but miserable in 1vs1 having available moves like Solar Beam and Focus Blast.
Victini is an obvious answer, but without recovery and suffering a blow at each entry has certain death.

Major CHANGES:

Excadrill >>> Victini --->I decided to completely change the offensive core of the team, turning it into one that has an offensive drive and excellent ability to sweep even Charizard X in sand.
The weather condition is essential and at the same time also allows cleaning.
The best set that I recommend is Spinner with LO, the two stabs to violently hit Toxapex, Landorus, Clefable with the addition of Rock Slide for 2HKO Zapdos after the rocks (obviously maintaining the Jolly nature).

Celesteela >>> Magearna --->As previously mentioned M-Diancie could annoy the team, I decided to have more answers to M-Alakazam (more and more used in OU) and to the annoying shoes for the team like ScarfLando and ScarfKartana.
The spread indicated is the one recommended by the analysis in order to have coverage also on SpecsLele.

Toxapex >>> Skarmory --->Excellent solution for Charizard Y, Greninja with both the Scarf and BB sets.
I prefer the variant with Toxic on the Spikes because of the possibility of poisoning Rotom, Zapdos n Tangrowth, hostile to the final sweep of Exa.
Moreover, it can wall Celesteela, also looking for the burn, as well as Volcarona without the psychic Z, but despite everything can cancel the boost with haze.
I would indicate as a tool Shed Shell not to be trapped by heatran and not to leave too much pressure to TTar.

Minor CHANGES:

Tapu Bulu --->Since Double Dancer Zygarde can also be problematic with the atypical set that you have proposed, I invite you to consider the option of inserting Bulk Up >>> Wood Hammer to be able to wall the dragon's Thousand Harrows.
Synthesis >>> Leech Seed because of the direct ability to recover hp.
I appreciated the choice of bulu because of the use of Koko (very disabling for the team as a whole, given the defensive presence of the core Toxa-Steela).
For this I opted for immediate recovery of hp.

Tyranitar--->Ttar as a supporter is unusual in ou, but since the team has an excellent offensive power given by Punny, Bulu and Exa, you can think of using Tar for runs Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, and Pursuit.
Pursuit is obviously to trap Latios / Latias, Ice Beam is for the entry of DefLando-T or Gliscor.
The evs chosen are 248 HP80 Def180 SpD with Relaxed nature, to be slower than Pelipper in Lead and to force it to a switch and then set the rocks.
Stone Edge is about to hit Tornadus once he's scouted that he does not have Z all out.

New THREATS:

Mega Medicham <=> turns out to be a problem if you can not leaddare at the same time with Lopunny, in fact this last is able to inflict a 29.8 - 35.6% given by a Fake Out and a 75 - 88.8% thanks to a HJK. This is equivalent to saying that it is able to force the switches.
In the meantime, however, if you are not in position on Mega Medi it is possible to suffer considerable damage also turning around forcing two switches to get on Steela and try the War HJK vs Protect.
It is always too risky due to the fact that Stella is hardly out of range for the reasons mentioned above.

TR Users <=> Even if you are currently down usage you do not have many answers to those who use the Trick Room, especially those with Crawdaunt and Camerup.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Last edited:
Yo Bro, I appreciate your commitment to building and I hope to help you with this team.

We begin to identify possible weaknesses in order to cover them.

The team is so WEAK at:

Charizard X <=> The set-up of Dragon Dance allows you to sweep without problems your whole team, Victini even if scarf turns out to be less effective for obvious reasons.

M-Diancie <=> The entrances on the stabs of Diancie are very few,unless you are in position with Lopunny, but Diancie's playstyle provides volturner as a Rotom to make it possible to hitting while maintaining the position of attack.

Charizard Y <=> Less bad than its version X, but always problematic with the answer Band TTar, but miserable in 1vs1 having available moves like Solar Beam and Focus Blast.
Victini is an obvious answer, but without recovery and suffering a blow at each entry has certain death.

Major CHANGES:

Excadrill >>> Victini --->I decided to completely change the offensive core of the team, turning it into one that has an offensive drive and excellent ability to sweep even Charizard X in sand.
The weather condition is essential and at the same time also allows cleaning.
The best set that I recommend is Spinner with LO, the two stabs to violently hit Toxapex, Landorus, Clefable with the addition of Rock Slide for 2HKO Zapdos after the rocks (obviously maintaining the Jolly nature).

Celesteela >>> Magearna --->As previously mentioned M-Diancie could annoy the team, I decided to have more answers to M-Alakazam (more and more used in OU) and to the annoying shoes for the team like ScarfLando and ScarfKartana.
The spread indicated is the one recommended by the analysis in order to have coverage also on SpecsLele.

Toxapex >>> Skarmory --->Excellent solution for Charizard Y, Greninja with both the Scarf and BB sets.
I prefer the variant with Toxic on the Spikes because of the possibility of poisoning Rotom, Zapdos n Tangrowth, hostile to the final sweep of Exa.
Moreover, it can wall Celesteela, also looking for the burn, as well as Volcarona without the psychic Z, but despite everything can cancel the boost with haze.
I would indicate as a tool Shed Shell not to be trapped by heatran and not to leave too much pressure to TTar.

Minor CHANGES:

Tapu Bulu --->Since Double Dancer Zygarde can also be problematic with the atypical set that you have proposed, I invite you to consider the option of inserting Bulk Up >>> Wood Hammer to be able to wall the dragon's Thousand Harrows.
Synthesis >>> Leech Seed because of the direct ability to recover hp.
I appreciated the choice of bulu because of the use of Koko (very disabling for the team as a whole, given the defensive presence of the core Toxa-Steela).
For this I opted for immediate recovery of hp.

Tyranitar--->Ttar as a supporter is unusual in ou, but since the team has an excellent offensive power given by Punny, Bulu and Exa, you can think of using Tar for runs Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, and Pursuit.
Pursuit is obviously to trap Latios / Latias, Ice Beam is for the entry of DefLando-T or Gliscor.
The evs chosen are 248 HP80 Def180 SpD with Relaxed nature, to be slower than Pelipper in Lead and to force it to a switch and then set the rocks.
Stone Edge is about to hit Tornadus once he's scouted that he does not have Z all out.

New THREATS:

Mega Medicham <=> turns out to be a problem if you can not leaddare at the same time with Lopunny, in fact this last is able to inflict a 29.8 - 35.6% given by a Fake Out and a 75 - 88.8% thanks to a HJK. This is equivalent to saying that it is able to force the switches.
In the meantime, however, if you are not in position on Mega Medi it is possible to suffer considerable damage also turning around forcing two switches to get on Steela and try the War HJK vs Protect.
It is always too risky due to the fact that Stella is hardly out of range for the reasons mentioned above.

TR Users <=> Even if you are currently down usage you do not have many answers to those who use the Trick Room, especially those with Crawdaunt and Camerup.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out
Thanks a lot for the help the team changes quite a lot and I would have liked to keep the tini-puny offensive core but I shall try what you proposed and give you feedback once I played enough games

I tried your team out for a few games and it went well for low elo. I agree with StepC's changes as I started to lose to more prepared teams. A lack of hazards with whirlwind on Skarmory made switching into Skarmory a stalemate instead of an advantage. Leech seed on Tapu Bulu helped me win against a stally defensive team. Will-O-wisp seemed under whelming on Victini. Lopunny never sweeped for me. Victini did though. I had trouble with an apposing Victini with Focus blast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)