Other Metagames Balanced Hackmons- Another Nameless Team

Hi all,
So I recently started playing Balanced Hackmons again after a 3 month long hiatus. After editing a previous team of mine a bit, this is what I came up with. Of course, it could use some help from anyone, really. Down the bottom I will include some thoughts I had that may improve the team but I couldn't find a way to implement, as well as an exportable version.

The Team

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Regigigas is a strong physical sweeper. Shift Gear boosts his speed and attack dramatically, allowing his other moves to net plenty of OHKOs. Frustration is the main go too move (Frustration > Return to beat imposter users), and I very useful for its insane power. Knock Off beats Ghost types who are immune to frustration, whilst Drain Punch increases his longevity and greatly damages Steel types who resist Frustration, as well as the rare rock type. Poison Heal increases his longevity and turns several 2HKOs into 3HKOs etc. The EVs increase attacking power and make him bulkier.

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Volt Switch
- Whirlpool
- Endeavor

This is basically a rather standard Sturdinja set. Recycle + Lum Berry allows it to shrug off status, essentially ruining many teams main way of dealing with Sturdinja. Volt Switch allows him to pivot around, especially when there is an obvious switch. Whirlpool not only traps the opponent but finishes them off, whilst Endeavour brings the, down to 1 HP. It is Lvl 1 so that if an imposter user comes in, I can swap to Gengar and finish them off easily with a Pursuit.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

Gengar is the team's main Shedinja counter, as well as an imposter proof Pokemon. Judgement + Spooky Plate hits for insane power. Secret Sword hits the normal types who are immune to Judgement. Shell Smash allows it to reach even higher levels of power, whilst pursuit coupled with mold breaker can murder any Shedinja trying to switch out.

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Reshiram is a special contrary abuser. As an added bonus, the choice scarf makes him somewhat imposter proof too, as literally nothing bar sturdy and Focus Sash users can survive one of either a +6 STAB Draco Meteor or Overheat. Those two moves achieve quite decent coverage, too. Volt Switch allows Reshiram to pivot around, whilst trick can cripple walls, especially those who rely on their item, but even then no walk appreciates being locked in to one move.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Another fairly standard BH set, imposter Chansey can ruin unprepared teams. Of course, these moves are for if imposter fails for whatever reason, so they don't require huge amounts of explanation because I barely use them. Fake Out can break illusions and deal chip damage. Skill Swap can force out mons that really on their ability. Recover extends longevity and works well with metal burst which, due to Chansey's huge HP, will normally OHKO most mons.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- Aromatherapy
- Rapid Spin

Finally, Giratina provides the much needed support for this team. Thanks to Magic Bounce, it can switch in to obvious status users and entry hazard leads, reflecting their moves right back at them. Recover extends longevity, whilst aromatherapy can lend crucial help to teammates, especially if Regigigas gets statuses before the Toxic Orb kicks in. Rapid Spin removes hazards for Shedinja, whilst Dragon Tail can ruin several turns of setup done by the opposition.

Thoughts/Problems
-I have thought about putting in an -ate user, but I couldn't find a spot on my team.
-Only one Shedinja counter, unless you count my Shedinja
-No Priority: this could be fixed with an -ate user, or Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza, which I have thought about in the past, too.
-No entry hazards: 'nuff said

So that's it, please let me know if you've got any ideas. I'll be really greatful for all help.
Bye.

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recycle
- Volt Switch
- Whirlpool
- Endeavor

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- Pursuit

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Skill Swap
- Recover
- Metal Burst

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- Aromatherapy
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Thoughts/Problems
-I have thought about putting in an -ate user, but I couldn't find a spot on my team.
-Only one Shedinja counter, unless you count my Shedinja
-No Priority: this could be fixed with an -ate user, or Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza, which I have thought about in the past, too.
-No entry hazards: 'nuff said
I'm curious about this team.

Shedinja isn't really an issue. A double or switch on gengar and he's gone, you seem to have much bigger issues like -ates, imposter and protean.

First a few simple things:
-Run facade on regigigas, frustration is useless when you have drain punch anyway.
-Run defog on giratina, rapid spin is useless when you don't have hazards and is blocked by the common ghosts in bh.
-You want 0atk IVs on gengar, that's more than 10% health you can save if you get hit by a pursuit from chansey.
-Bp > volt switch on shed, you ain't doing any damage with a lvl 1 shed so might as well not be blocked by ground types.

If chansey switches on a reshiram volt switch, you lose. If chansey comes in on trick, you lose. If you kill a mon with overheat and chansey then comes in, or simply comes in on overheat, you lose. In fact you have high risk of losing by clicking anything that isn't draco meteor.

But I think your biggest issue is protean mmy, it literally steamrolls through your team and there's very little you can do about it. You can't check it with chansey and the only mon that can eat a hit is giratina, but the combination of dtail + draco meteor doesn't even kill, so I don't really know how you deal with it.

I'm curious about this team.

Shedinja isn't really an issue. A double or switch on gengar and he's gone, you seem to have much bigger issues like -ates, imposter and protean.

First a few simple things:
-Run facade on regigigas, frustration is useless when you have drain punch anyway.
-Run defog on giratina, rapid spin is useless when you don't have hazards and is blocked by the common ghosts in bh.
-You want 0atk IVs on gengar, that's more than 10% health you can save if you get hit by a pursuit from chansey.
-Bp > volt switch on shed, you ain't doing any damage with a lvl 1 shed so might as well not be blocked by ground types.

If chansey switches on a reshiram volt switch, you lose. If chansey comes in on trick, you lose. If you kill a mon with overheat and chansey then comes in, or simply comes in on overheat, you lose. In fact you have high risk of losing by clicking anything that isn't draco meteor.

But I think your biggest issue is protean mmy, it literally steamrolls through your team and there's very little you can do about it. You can't check it with chansey and the only mon that can eat a hit is giratina, but the combination of dtail + draco meteor doesn't even kill, so I don't really know how you deal with it.
Thanks, I hadn't realised that until now (sounds sarcastic but it's not). In that case, as MMY seems quite weak to strong priority moves, especially physical, however I think all priority will leave a significant dent. Therefore, I'm thinking about replacing someone with either an -ate user (likely Diancie Mega purely bc the type synergy works better) or a Gale Wings user (Mega Rayquaza is the strongest one that comes to mind, however there are surely others too), but I'm leaning towards Pixilate Diancie for typing. I'd be curious to know your opinion on a) which priority user to use (if any) and b) who to replace. I'm thinking maybe Reshiram could be good to replace due to the problems you outlined. Thanks!

Hi ong1324 nice (but nameless) team you have in here! However there are some issues so I hope my suggestions help:
  • Agree with what motherlove said.
  • You have only one Shedinja counter that's right but as motherlove said Gengar is just so good at removing Sheddy that you're fine.
  • No hazards: actually they're not as mandatory in BH as they're quite difficult to keep compared to other metagames.
  • -ate is a shaky check if a check at all to Protean MMY as (almost) all of them carry King's Shield. Even if you don't hit the shield and thus don't get the Attack drop, MMY's type will change to Steel, so it survives -ate Extreme Speed and OHKOes back.
  • Reshiram would be the first mon I'd replace as Contrary is total Imposter bait leaving the ability with little options in this meta, if the opponent carries Imposter the only thing you can do with Reshiram is spam Draco Meteor (then Xerneas or Mega Audino might say hi as well if they know you're Scarfed).
  • On paper, this team looks weak to opposing Mega Gengar, as it wrecks Chansey, 2HKOes Regigigas (Regigigas OHKOes back with Knock Off, but when weakened Gengar wins the matchup), you risk a speed tie with your own Mega Gengar, 2HKOes Giratina that can't do nothing back and Shedinja is obviously NOT a counter to it. The only mon that can check Gengar here is Reshiram due to Scarf. After a Shell Smash boost and due to your lack of priority, literally everything on your team is outsped and OHKOed (Chansey speed ties but does a paltry 30% max iirc with +2 Pursuit).
  • An -ate is actually the solution to most of your problems (but NOT Protean as I explained above). Mega Gengar resists Mega Diancie's attacks (it is 2HKOed by Pixilate FakeSpeed but it's the only -ate that fails to OHKO with Extreme Speed and King's Shield variants might ruin your day if Diancie's slightly weak) and Kyurem-Black tends to be inferior to both Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza so I'd go with Mega Rayquaza > Reshiram with a set that Shedinja can Imposterproof (Naive/Hasty/Naughty/Lonely - personally I like Naive>Naughty>Hasty>Lonely - 252Atk, 4Def, 252Spe; Aerilate ability; Fake Out, Extreme Speed, Boomburst, coverage - Low Kick/Close Combat/V-create/Thousand Arrows/Pecipice Blades).
  • Go with minimum speed on Shedinja, that's one of the reasons you'd want it at lvl1 (the other is the shit defenses for enemy Imposters) also running 252Atk EVs is pointless as there are no physical moves on that set bar Endeavor so place them in SpA and change its nature to Quiet, not that it matters anyway, except for the Speed. Minimum Speed grants you the slowest pivot possible so you can bring in safely another mon.
  • Only one mon (Giratina) to support Sheddy (when both are weak to Mega Gengar as well) doesn't seem enough for me, but this team is hard-pressed for teamslots right now.
To sum up,
- Read only bold parts.

Good luck with this team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)