BSS Battle Stadium Singles 2021 Invitational - [won by: chemcoop!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemcoop

Here is something to believe in!
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
2021 INVITATIONAL

Welcome to the final BSS tournament of the 2021 circuit, where the champion will be crowned with a ribbon
on their profile. The top 12 performing players in this year's circuit will be battling it out to win it all.

Specific Rules
  • This is a Standard SWSH Battle Stadium Singles Tournament.
  • Games can be played with Series 11 rules ONLY IF BOTH PLAYERS AGREE TO IT. If one player does not agree to playing Series 11, the set will default to Series 9. All games within a set must follow the rules of one series (e.g. 5 games of Series 9, not starting with 2 games of Series 11 and finishing with 3 games of Series 9)
  • The tournament will be Best of Five, Single Elimination.
  • Matches MUST be played on the Smogtours server (http://smogtours.psim.us/)
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED. Matches without a replay will not count as completed.
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. This holds true even for a disconnect, due to being unable to know which three Pokemon have been selected at team preview. Consequently, players do not need to send in their teams to a TD.
Standard Rules
  • Matches will be played in the Singles format
  • Pokemon above level 50 will be brought down to level 50, and Pokemon below level 50 will be brought up to level 50
  • Players pick 3 of their 6 Pokemon at team preview
  • Battle Mark Clause: A Pokemon cannot have a set that can only be obtained from before gen 7. (i.e. no past-gen exclusive move tutors/TMs/events)
  • Species Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can have the same National Pokedex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokemon in the same team can hold the same item.

Round 1

(1) chemcoop vs BYE 1

(8) Psynergy vs (9) luisin

(4) Kiby vs BYE 4

(5) GroudonEmpire vs (12) Breckinridge

(2) zaaya vs BYE 2

(7) papiloco vs (10) cant say

(3) greilmercenary9 vs BYE 3

(6) Mishimono vs (11) MZ

Scheduled Times:
Psynergy vs luisin - Sunday, 5 PM GMT-5
GroudonEmpire vs Breckinridge - Sunday, 11:59 PM GMT-5
papiloco vs cant say - Sunday, 8 PM GMT-5
Mishimono vs MZ - Saturday, 10 PM GMT-5

Simulator Glitches: Any battle mechanics not properly implemented in the simulator used for a tournament battle are fair game, unless explicitly banned by that tournament's rules. Illegal movesets that are not restricted by the simulator fall into this category as well. However, this does not include faulty tier scripts; for example, if there was a bug in the BW OU tier script that allowed you to use Drizzle and Swift Swim on the same team, taking advantage of this would result in disqualification in that battle. If a game breaking glitch is discovered, we will make a blanket tournament ban on that glitch via an announcement in the Tournaments forum until it is fixed.

Ghosting: The player in a tournament battle should be the one making their own decisions. Do not tell a player what move to make in a tournament battle (i.e. do not "ghost" them), and do not make your moves based on another person's suggestions. If we are made aware that someone playing a tournament battle is making some of their moves based mainly on the suggestions of someone else, punishments may be handed out to both parties involved.

Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. This applies to the use of alts as well. Any player who breaks this will be disqualified and may be subject to further punishment.

Rule Breaking: If a player breaks a rule during a battle, they are disqualified from that particular battle. If it was a single battle in a series, they will still have the opportunity to play the rest of the series.

Draws: If a battle ends in a draw in an elimination tournament or another tournament format that is unable to handle draws, there should be a rematch between the players with the option for both players to change teams.

Forfeiting: A player may forfeit their battle during or after the battle, as long as the result has not been confirmed by the host. If a player forfeits before a battle commences in the first round of a tournament, they are eligible for substitution if appropriate. We highly recommend that you do not forfeit your tournament battles just because you got lucky, but we do not enforce this.

Host / Tournament Director Decisions: The host may make a judgment call on the outcome of a battle with a disputed result, even if one player has broken the rules. If you believe the host has made an unjust decision, you may inform the Tournament Director responsible for the tournament of the situation and request that they make a final call on it.

Sportsmanship: If a player displays exceedingly poor sportsmanship before, during, or after a tournament battle, they may be disqualified or otherwise punished.

Deadline for Round 1 is Sunday, November 21, 11:59PM EST (GMT-5)

Last edited:

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
Hello guys welcome to my prediction of this Invitational, I absolutely dont know some of these players skillsets but I just want to predict

(8) Psynergy vs (9) luisin

Psynergy has beaten me once in s9 so I'd like him to go further. Love Luis and I can gurantee you that Luis will have epic weeb nicknames. Both are cool dudes

(5) GroudonEmpire vs (12) Breckinridge

These 2 players is basically the people I just came to know because of the BSS Discord, Breckinridge is also my teammate in BSPL but unfortunately I have to go for GE in here. He made me went from Ultra 1 to Ultra 2 in Pokemon Unite so definitely not bias here. Both are cool dudes

(7) papiloco vs (10) cant say

Now this is the BSPL teammates team kill of papiloco and jake cant say. same like the GE-Breckin match these guys are the person I knew
Papiloco will grind the ladder more but cant say is a veteran that has actually good game sense. I have Jake over the prediction because like GE, he carried me in Unite, even more importantly FROM ULTRA 5 TO MASTER RANK. Papiloco might annoy jake with stall tho idk. Both are cool dudes

(6) Mishimono vs (11) MZ

Mish. Both are cool dudes

Psynergy vs luisin: my gut tells me this'll be the closest set, luisin has had higher peaks but I feel his bss play has been a bit shaky as of late while Psynergy remains consistently solid as always, I anticipate this to be down to the wire and a must watch as it can go either way, I think whoever puts the most work in their practice this week will take it

GroudonEmpire vs Breckinridge: another tight one, I've been informed they intend to play s11 so I have to give kyogrekingdom the edge here as his results in the restricted meta are undeniable and I feel he really put his head down, studied, and has a thorough grasp of this meta. There is no skill gap here though, I feel they're practically even in that regard when they're playing their best. Breckin is no slouch and I know he'll put in the practice/prep, and if GE gets caught lacking loading up the same shit/not adapting as he has in the past breckin can run away with this set.

papiloco vs can't say: now this can be volatile lol. I give papiloco the edge in either meta as he simply plays/played them in a more serious capacity while can't say is busy entertaining us with memes on stream, which also is the x factor here. If papi isn't prepared for the kinds of cheese that may be thrown at him he might just get fucked sideways out of a game or two + the inevitable tilt that comes with getting meme'd on successfully, entering dangerous waters

Mishimono vs MZ: this one is easily the most lopsided, MZ qual'd for invi's solely off of Classic and while a good player in his own right jumping into a dynamax meta vs someone who's been playing SS bss this whole time + playing a Mishi who I feel is in the best overall BSS shape he's been in a while, it's looking mighty bleak

papiloco

True Warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Psynergy vs Luisin: i think this is going to be a fun one to watch since psynergy is a long time bss player and has a solid playstyle overall, on the other hand luisin is a more established SS player in either meta so i think that if he builds/preps well he should have the edge in this mu imo.

GE vs Breckinridge: this is going to be a tuff one aswell since from what i've seen they are playin S11 so ge gets to use probs his signature mon, but i think puff will bring more solid stuff overall and will win this one maybe in 4 or 5.

Mishelle vs MZ: i think that mish should win this since he is better in SS overall, no disrespect to MZ tho he beat me in classic semis and plays very good, if he preps well he might catch mish offguard since he usually doesnt see some techs comming

Must. Do. Predictions.

Psynergy vs Luis - Very hard MU to predict since both of these players are very good and interesting to watch. Psynergy is in tip-top shape from playing in BSPL and Luis is also a very strong opponent always getting top 8 in tours + doing very well in almost anything. Really tough to predict this one but I'm going for Luis since I feel he might practice and will be ready for whatever Psynergy brings. However, if Psynergy brings Pato then GGs Luis...

Papiloco vs cantsay - Another tough MU that might be decided on what series these players play by, Papi is a very strong player in both S9/S11 + has a very strong prep game and cantsay prep is pretty much getting bullied by the Korean Mafia on cart lol. cantsay is known to bring cheese but he can also try hard and bring something that isn't an evasion pass team but I feel like Papi will be ready for anything cantsay brings.

Mish vs MZ - Giving this one to mish since he played more BSS than MZ, however, this does not mean that MZ will be an easy win for Mish.

My game with GE will be on Sunday Deadline because it's Ge :ge:

chemcoop

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Two-Time Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Community Leader
now that I'm not at risk of double posting:

Psynergy vs luisin: Basically a 50/50 and the hardest set to predict this week. Both are solid players and are on especially even footing if they opt to play in Series 11. I'd give luisin a slight edge in Series 9 thanks to his more significant tour experience, but crafty veteran Psynergy has access to a deep Series 9 database from his strong-in-Gen-8 BSPL team. Pick command says to go with Psynergy here though, 3-2.

GroudonEmpire vs Breckinridge: Both are solid players, but I think GE will be rusty after spending far too much time playing Unite and not enough practicing his BSS. Breck had a solid BSPL and has been playing every Gen 8 tour in the circuit, so he definitely has more experience in big tours as of late. I also feel obligated to pick against GE since he is a TRAITOR to his name and used Kyogre to ladder BSLT. See the proof here. 3-2

papiloco
vs cant say: an interesting matchup between a serious Gen 8 player and the dank streaming memelord of the community. I expect papi to come prepared for cheese and/or cant say to be too rusty with standard teams to be able to pull this one out. 3-1

Mishimono
vs MZ: mish. Mishimono has a massive experience advantage over MZ, look for that to be the difference in this set. I expect Mishimono's experience in the meta and with using Dynamax to lead him to control the board and take the set, 3-1.

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
GroudonEmpire vs Breckinridge: GE is an excellent player and quite capable with very good results this year. On the other hand, Breckinridge is a very good player who had a good run at BSPL. A really good set for both of them. I bet the person who nucked me out last year 3-1

papiloco
vs cant say: deam another good set but this time Armando wins it, he has a very good experience playing series 9 and he will prepare very well for this type of game, on the other hand Jake is a player who could make you 3-0 if he did take it seriously, I would like to see this set a lot, 3-2 this time

Mishimono vs MZ: A bit of the same as above, Mishimono is an excellent player and has a lot of experience in series 9, on the other hand MZ is one of the best olds players, if someone helps him with his prep he could do very well, 3-1

Last edited:

chemcoop

Community Leader
Quarterfinals

(1) chemcoop vs (9) luisin

(4) Kiby vs (12) Breckinridge

(2) zaaya vs (7) papiloco

(3) greilmercenary9 vs (6) Mishimono

Scheduled Times:
chemcoop vs luisin - TBD
Kiby vs Breckinridge - Sunday, 8 PM GMT-5
zaaya vs papiloco - TBD
greilmercenary9 vs Mishimono - TBD
Deadline for quarterfinals is Sunday, November 28, 11:59PM EST (GMT-5)

Last edited:

Railgun

formerly luisin
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
chemcoop vs luisin:

Kiby vs Breckinridge: Kiby is an excellent player and quite capable, this year he had good results in all the tours where he played, I really like his style and I want to see how he prepares for this set, but my friend puff has more experience in tours, if he stops playing Unite for a week to get ready for prepare this he can win with some epic teams, a very intense and interesting set, 3-2.

zaaya vs papiloco: Naaaaaaaaaaaaa impossible to bold for me, homies, amigos, friends, panas, gl both, hope you guys have fun

greilmercenary9 vs Mishimono: Formerly ribbon vs actual SCL trophy, greil farmed all tours in 2019 (chemcoop 2021...) and he is one of the best BSS players in my opinion, he can play anything pretty well, instead mishimono has more experience in series 9 in addition to playing very well anything, interesting set, I think mish will win but greil could put up a good games if he wants to, gl both, 3-2.

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
wow 1/4 last prediction lets get to the next one

(1) chemcoop vs (9) luisin

I believe chemcoop is the best player in this competition and I never really seen him losing so we are cooping with the coop. Sorry Luis but im going 3-0 on this one

(4) Kiby vs (12) Breckinridge

This is going to be tough BUT I think we might have an upset on this one. Both are epic gamers but I have been in a team with Breckinridge before so I have to go with my boy. 3-1

(2) zaaya vs (7) papiloco

while papiloco has proved me wrong, my loyalty stays in the APMs so lets make playas with zaaya! I expect a banger on this one. 3-2

(3) greilmercenary9 vs (6) Mishimono

I believe greil is the 2nd best player in this competition but I follow my heart more than my brain, lets mish with mishimono!. 3-2.

chemcoop vs Luis - This one will also be an interesting game and I'm not sure if these 2 have fought each other before or not in tours but I'm giving this to Chem since he's one of the best players here. Would love to see an upset here with Luis winning it after he pulled the reverse sweep on Psynergy.

zaaya vs papiloco - Love both of these guys and I believe this is one of those sets that is a 50/50 on who will win. Both have accomplished so much like winning a tour or getting really good placements. Though I believe Zaaya will take it since he has won many tours here, it won't be an easy game for him since Papi will put up a good fight.

Greil vs Mish - Greil is arguably one of the top 5 players in this generation once again, so Mish has to plan this game very well to succeed. It's not going to be impossible for Mish to beat Greil but you just have to play out of your mind or cheese hax Greil to get a victory.

Edit: Kiby and I are playing on Sunday at 8 pm EST (Series 9).

papiloco

True Warrior
is a Tiering Contributor
Chemcoop vs Luis - ok i know i might be a bit biased but this will be one of those sets where either player could win, im giving luis the edge since he plays always godlike on tours when he doesnt get tilted by hax, no disrespect to chem tho, goat bss player im giving this one 3-2.

Greil vs Mishelle- mish is my buddy but i dont know if he is going to be able to beat another bss goat, series will def be close tho, depends if mish preps this week cause he almost got caught offgaurd by MZ and mish's nightmare STALL. 3-1.

Puff vs kiby- puff is a good friend of mine that brings good teams, on the other hand kiby is a ladder enthusiast part of korean mafia! Super hard player to beat but if someone is capable of that, is puff. 3-2

Well, I'm not sure this set will be winning any aesthetic awards, and the G2 crit was criminal (sorry), but it was hard fought on both sides and close all the way. Thanks to Mishi for being a great opponent, and hopefully "All my 5 game sets go the max number of games" Greil isn't back for too long, because I think the last stint gave me a heart condition...
:psynervous::blobpensive:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8battlestadiumsinglesseries9-595141
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8battlestadiumsinglesseries9-595143
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8battlestadiumsinglesseries9-595147
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8battlestadiumsinglesseries9-595151
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8battlestadiumsinglesseries9-595155

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)