SM OU Beasts of the East [OU RMT] My first team thoughts?

Hello today I will be showcasing my Beasts of the east project. This team utilizes bulk of some fantastic mons with plenty of Stall breaker mons. This team will always have a special place in my heart as it was the team where I made the break from the 1300’s to mid 1500’s. I personally think this team is far from a typical OU team but you can find out yourself. Ready? Let’s begin!!!

B4613937-616D-4F7F-BF78-D11EB21E161D.jpeg

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Reflect
- Light Screen
This Koko is a weird variation of a normal screen Koko. This Pokémon has a variety of usages making the opponents often scout around to see what the set it about. Double screens ensures the bulky all around mons this team is centered around can fully excel at their roles. Perhaps the most controversial thing about this set is the swap of U-turn for volt switch. Honestly U-turn is good if you always want to get out of there but on this team I feel like having a electric stab in super important. If you really feel the need too a switch can be done for little change. You if you couldn’t tell this Koko isn’t made to be an all out attacker more as a support mon and it’s EV’s help with this. Lastly this Koko is the teams defoger so sometimes the longevity of this mon should be valued higher than others.

C5FC9F1C-54E1-43BD-A216-C80AF972F447.jpeg

-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Gyradaos thrives behind screens already having decent bulk by itself. This is one of your set up Pokémon and you’re hoping to get screens up with some mons left of your opponents that your big fish can take on. Dragon dance comes in increasing atk and speed as you already know becoming a beast of the sea. You have the typical earthquake move over ice fang to hit fast electrics which, for the most part, you should out speed. Waterfall and Crunch are pretty self explanatory good stab moves. It should be known that this Gyrados is Moxie to help even further set up without changing your typing. Intimadate was tempting to put on but at the end of the day Moxie helps this mon complete it’s task the best.

D5562580-824A-4B35-9AB1-16E85F68299C.jpeg

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
This Celesteela runs the far less common special defensive Celesteela. This mon is essential as most of the team won’t happily take a fairy move especially if it hits on the special side. This mon was made to be able to break through stall that could hurt this team like Clef and beat it in a 1v1 sencario. This is a typical Celesteela set Leech seed to gain much wanted extra recovery along side of leftovers work wonderfully. We have flamethrower for opposing steels and grasses. Heavy slam self explanatory a good stab move which is better than Gyro ball for his usage on the team. Protect is important for Leech stall if need be and scouting moves.

AAC3C8E8-379D-47F0-B267-68AEC26AAFD6.jpeg

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 108 Atk / 104 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
This Pokémon was made the be the physical bulky hitter that every team wants. In fact this spread is made to take on many threats among them being the popular heatran. We have enough speed to ensure that Big Boy Buzz will our speed the mon. We have earthquake to ensure we will always KO that mon at full unless it has an air ballon on it. The HP and defense stat are to combat popular grounds like Zygarde, Lando T, and Gliscor. Make sure to scout for Z fly from Lando (learned that the hard way). Talking of Z moves this Pokémon is carrying leftovers for gradual recovery. Every time you get a kill you don’t only get a boost to your stat but you get to FLEXXXXXXX!!!

Victini @ Normalium Z
5BBD8A54-48F9-4306-92A4-955B7EE08CCD.jpeg

Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
D401C961-BC31-436B-9DEB-7DA05CF5E87C.jpeg

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
This Pokémon is the perfect stall breaker for this team. Hitting on both sides of the defensive spectrum is never a bad thing. Sadly it’s stab moves aren’t the best so it has a life orb to better help it do it’s job with the addition of Roost, Earth Power, and Fusion Bolt. Roost helps with it longevity especially behind screens this mon can be a pain in the ass to deal with. Earth power hits some steels that may threaten old reliable. Fusion Bolt hits on the physical side and coupled with the electric terrain this move hits surprising hard.

Well that’s it folks we finally made it to the end of the explanation. I post this team to have a better player than me to show the world how good this team can be. Comment below if you want how this team works for you! Signing off ~kashemon

91F97660-1675-441B-B588-3A5D8DDFE771.jpeg

Hi, I think you trying to be different isn’t bad in itself, but in doing so, you missed the point of screens in general. It’s very offensive in nature, wanting to finish the game asap with many setup pokemon. Things like celesteela and buzzwole go against this. Also, this team has no users of taunt which makes stall and balance in general quite frustrating. So I’m gonna help

Changes:
1541910723463.gif
——>
1541910761588.gif

Magearna over Celesteela: Behind screens, can take hits from the same things Celesteela can and more (magearna is super fat) while also being able to run a brutal shift gear+calm mind set to even better effect than usual.

1541911216183.gif
——->
1541911093080.gif

Landorus-T over Buzzwole: This will give an offensive lead that gets up rocks and keeps the momentum via explosion. Many HOs employ this due to the need to keep momentum.

1541911022982.gif
——>
1541911055026.gif

Zygarde over Kyurem-B: Will give a brutal setup sweeper that’s impossible to kill behind screens. Sub DD will make this quite easy and gives a mon that can set up more than once, along with Magearna. It and Magearna make for a terrifying combo as well.

1541910966821.gif
——>
1541910911375.gif

Greninja over Victini: Will give you spikes as well as TSpikes which make Zygarde even mroe annoying and scary to face up against as well as even help Gyarados and it just makes it easier to get kills in general.

1541910799323.gif

Koko: Go taunt over defog, HO doesn’t do hazard control. Also, do u turn over tbolt. HO is all about momentum which is achieved by u turn.

1541910845102.gif

Mega Gyarados: Go taunt over EQ, this will help your stall matchup a lot as you can taunt everything thanks to md breaker and zyg/vic/gear can break everything else EQ would.

Import: https://pokepast.es/94fd33bb5f32cf03

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 108 Atk / 104 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
Here’s the copy and paste

Hi, I think you trying to be different isn’t bad in itself, but in doing so, you missed the point of screens in general. It’s very offensive in nature, wanting to finish the game asap with many setup pokemon. Things like celesteela and buzzwole go against this. Also, this team has no users of taunt which makes stall and balance in general quite frustrating. So I’m gonna help

Changes:
View attachment 145412——>View attachment 145413
Magearna over Celesteela: Behind screens, can take hits from the same things Celesteela can and more (magearna is super fat) while also being able to run a brutal shift gear+calm mind set to even better effect than usual.

View attachment 145424——->View attachment 145423
Landorus-T over Buzzwole: This will give an offensive lead that gets up rocks and keeps the momentum via explosion. Many HOs employ this due to the need to keep momentum.

View attachment 145421——>View attachment 145422
Zygarde over Kyurem-B: Will give a brutal setup sweeper that’s impossible to kill behind screens. Sub DD will make this quite easy and gives a mon that can set up more than once, along with Magearna. It and Magearna make for a terrifying combo as well.

View attachment 145420——> View attachment 145419
Greninja over Victini: Will give you spikes as well as TSpikes which make Zygarde even mroe annoying and scary to face up against as well as even help Gyarados and it just makes it easier to get kills in general.

View attachment 145414
Koko: Go taunt over defog, HO doesn’t do hazard control. Also, do u turn over tbolt. HO is all about momentum which is achieved by u turn.

View attachment 145415
Mega Gyarados: Go taunt over EQ, this will help your stall matchup a lot as you can taunt everything thanks to md breaker and zyg/vic/gear can break everything else EQ would.

Import: https://pokepast.es/94fd33bb5f32cf03

Thanks for the help I’ll do some serious thinking and I’m pretty sure I’ll use Magerna over Celesteela. I know there are some mons that’s does these niche better but I don’t want to trade in the bad ass known as Buzzwole to the most common Lando. Again thanks again i really appreciate the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)