Better New Evo: Electivire or Magmortar?

Who is better?

• Electivire

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Magmortar

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Gallade

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Porygon Z

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • Rhyperior

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Mamoswine

Votes: 72 34.1%
  • Togekiss

Votes: 109 51.7%

• Total voters

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My vote went to Togekiss, but that's only because you forgot Yanmega. Still, Togekiss is my second choice. It's such a great pokemon. Despite it's great defenses and Serene Grace, people just don't seem to realize how deadly a Timid, Life Orb, Nasty Plot Togekiss can be. I'm not even going to get started on Scarf Togekiss. That has to be one of my favorite sets in all of pokemon.

The swine gets my vote. It has few to none counters and Seth Cohen/ Adam Brody(aka Jabba) told me that over 75 percent of teams are weak to it.

And iggy, scarfkiss is indeed the scariest kiss set, unless it is a kiss passing plots to yanmega.

Voted for the mamo because he has very power STAB moves and most of the times I see are weak to him. Big improvement from his pre-evo last gen

Surprised Roserade and yanmega aren't on this list

I'd say togekiss was the best new evolution in that list. Comparing to it's previous stage, togekiss HAS to be one of the most useless pokemon of ADV. Magmar and Electabuzz had a secure place in UU and Piloswine wasn't all that crappy. But I think the best addition had to be yanmega. Compared to that yanma, it's godly.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All of those except Probopass certainly have their uses...Glaceon barely cuts it(if at all) though.
Yup, Probopass is useless. Come on, he has his uses, like Magnet Pulling things and using Choice Specs. It's not like Nosepass in RS that's utterly useless excluding Skarmory.

In terms of raw power, PorygonZ and to a lesser extent Rhyperior just tear the game apart. Electivire and Dusknoir are great too, along with Gallade when he's not being a worse Heracross / Medicham and Togekiss when people aren't using her as a "TogeBliss" (anyone remember that set?). Frosslass is mega overrated.

Now what I really wanted was a Sudowoodo evo, maybe even getting secondary Grass typing (lol rock head wood hammer).

I don't really see Magnezone as being necessary. I mean its not like Magneton was bad. The best evos to see happen are Togekiss and Mamoswine. Both Togetic and Pillowswine never got any love. My personal favorite has to go to Porygon-Z. I always loved the porygon family even back in RBY. With Nasty Plot + Adaptability + Recover....can't really turn a blind eye to that. Not to mention Tri Attack with 3 status effects kicks ass.

I voted Mamoswine,Gallade,and Togekiss.

Mamoswine is just plain destruction with the best STAB combo.

Gallade + Swords Dance = G'day Skarmory/Gliscor/Swampert

Togekiss I voted for just because annoying my opponent is fun ^_^.

(Damn this poll for excluding Dusknoir)

Out of Magmortar or Electivire, there is no question. Vire wins hard.

He's got fucking motordrive? What the hell does Magmortar got going for him?

Also, Take a good look at Magmortar. He's got fat duck legs, a body shape that would make no sense in nature, and a big, goofy SHOOP DA WHOOP face. Looks more like he should be chargin' his lazer than living in a volcano.

That being said, I still love Magmortar. I just like Vire more.

Out of all the choices, Mamoswine is pretty rad. It is the most exceptional improvement from it's pre-evo, and has some skills to back it up. Nobody's gonna mess with a pig mammoth.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Try out Mixed Magmortar. I was much more impressed with a Mixed Magmortar set than I was with Electivire. Magmortar is very underrated in my opinion. Electivire immediatly draws attention because of Motor Drive, that's about it.

As a Magmar fan, and then later a Magby fan, I must say that Magmortar was a disappointment - it lacks the cool and/or cute that drew me into the earlier members of the line.

Electrive looks awesome however.

Yanmega, Froslass, Mamoswine, Weavile, Mismagius, Honckrow and probably a couple of others are also cool, and some are even good for battling too which is a plus.

Mamoswine for myself. I've always been impressed with him, even if he looks freakishly like an old substitute teacher I had in middle school...130 Base Atk + Ice Shard + EQ + STAB + etc. = YAYDAMAGE! Loved him before it was cool. xD

But if Probopass were one of the options, my heart and vote would've instantly gone to him instead. I fucking love huge moustaches and Thunderbolting rocks, and a Choice Specs would look perfect on him. Yanmega is a second choice, because dragonflies are awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)