ORAS UU Blitzkrieg

Okay I want to lead off by saying I'm relatively new to UU, playing for about a week. I tried looking at some sample teams to get me started but they seem to be outdated as mons banned to OU are still included on them. So I did my best and took bits and pieces and added some of my own mons to try to make the best team I could.
Another note is I'm trying to make mega ampharos work so this is a mon I want to stay on this team.

I also like to play a very offensive style and I found it much easier to do in OU than in UU, which in my experience, is more defensive oriented so if any offensive options are available, I'm listening. :)

Blitzkrieg (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

So I really tried hard to make mega amphy work. Took Bibarel's adivce and used his set. I still have HP Ice on this set over Focus Blast due to the fact that it seemingly has 33% accuracy. I am going to continue experimenting with HP's, maybe fighting as a replacement.

Excaliber (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

I used the Strategy Dex Swords Dance set for Doublade. I wanted something to take physical hits and potentially set up SD and maybe get something off after. It is working really well and the priority Shadow Sneak is really useful for picking off mons, especially because I lack priority moves on this team.

Ronda (Heracross) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Heracross was the most recent mon added to this team, suggested by NV. With Gardevoir now running Choice Scarf, and lacking Heal Bell, I need something to take Will-O-Wisp/status problems. She also helps in dealing with Mamoswine. With Guts, Choice Band, and good coverage moves, she will be hitting very hard.

Alabama (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Swampert works well on this team as a lead. Especially on typical things like Infernape, Mamoswine, Donphan, and Galvantula. I usually swap it in to take physical hits, or any kind of hit really. I can also sack it off, if need be, to get a clean switch so this is a great defensive utility for this team.

Edward (Crobat) (M)
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 172 HP / 100 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost

I took this mon from one of the sample teams. Bulky Crobat eats up hits like it's the biscuits from red lobster. I often lead with him, U-turn out, or Acrobatics if applicable. Roost and defog is like a match made in heaven and Crobat is a joy to use on this team.

Titania (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir is a good fit as the last member of my team. The fairy typing is very nice for eating up dragon hits, and Gardevoir has some nice special defense as well. I'm running Choice Scarf / Trick. Not much else to say but Gard works in a unique way, and is useful for dealing with and surprising the opponent.

I actually won a UU tournament on showdown with this team! This is a huuuuuge step forward for me as I've never won one before. :')

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to any help you may offer!!

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Sup dude, I respect anyone who uses Mega Amphy, my favorite mega in UU. That being said, there are definitely some adjustments this team can make to make it more efficient. Onto the rate!

First of all, your Mega Ampharos set can be improved. Agility Amphy sounds good on paper, but it falls flat in practice since it is still outsped by every relevant Scarfer and UU's fastest 3 fast Megas in Beedrill, Sceptile, and Aerodactyl at +2. Also, your current set lacks Volt Switch, which is Amphy's bread and butter. A fast, powerful Volt Switch is too good to pass up if you use your Mega on Ampharos, so I recommend All Out Attacking Mega Ampharos over Agility Ampharos. Here is the set:

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

The EV spread creeps Relaxed Swampert, maxes SpA, and pours the rest in bulk. Volt Switch, T-Bolt, and Dragon Pulse are a must. HP Ice really only hits Gligar, as STAB Super effective Dragon Pulse hits every Dragon harder than 4x Effective HP Ice. D-Pulse also give a much stronger neutral coverage move than HP Ice, as it even hits Grasses harder neutrally than HP Ice Super Effectively. Focus blast, although shaky accuracy, is a nice coverage move that alleviates prediction issues vs teams with Grounds weak to Fighting (Mamo, Krookodile).

Your team lacks Stealth Rock, which is undoubtedly the best move in the game. VoltTurn teams starring Beedrill and co really bother you since you don't have any faster mons to revenge Beedrill, and Doublade loses to the common Volt Switcing partners on Beedrill teams. Mamoswine also runs through without much trouble. SR Swampert > Vaporeon helps with all these issues, blocking Volt Switch, checking Mamo, and giving Stealth Rock. It has access to Roar as well, preventing it from being set up bait which Vaporeon is (as you noticed). Here is the set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Next up, Espeon is looking replaceable. Like you said, it doesn't really target anything specific to help the team, and it currently is looking very weak to Draco spam. CM Gardevoir over Espeon helps with special Dragons like Hydreigon and Salamence that Doublade can't check while giving you a way to handle defensive teams due to powerful dual STABs + Focus Blast coverage to smash Steels bar Doublade. This change makes you susceptible to being revenge killed by things Espeon outsped, but our teammates actually handle most of these new revenge killers (Crobat handles LO Shao, Pert handles Entei + Krook, Doublade walls Cobalion) so the loss of speed is not too bad. Trace is also a really nice ability that gives you an option to revenge kill Mega Pert in the Rain, since the rest of your team doesn't handle it well outside of burning it with your own Swampert. Here is the set:

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

And now for some set tweaks:

• Your current Crobat spread is a bit odd. I'm not sure what benchmarks it hits defensively, and Crobat needs to at least creep Whimsicott to avoid it U-Turning out and giving you a chance to double switch. A spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252+ Spe utilizes Crobat's best attribute more efficiently, and lets you outspeed Adamant Bee, Modest Sceptile, and +1 Adamant Gatr (240 EVs are only needed to outpace the former two, but at that point there is no point in investing 12 more EVs to creep other Crobats). Crobat is meant to check Fighting types, so investing in special bulk is unnecessary.
  • Alternatively, a more offensive spread of 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252+ Spe with Sky Plate can be used to OHKO Shaymin and Machamp after Rocks.
  • Band Machamp is perfectly OK to keep, so this change is just giving you another option. AV Machamp over Band improves your Chandelure matchup (although it wasn't that bad to begin with with Doublade's Sneak and Ampharos checking it decently) and sponges a bunch of special attacks, like Hydreigon's Draco so Garde isn't so pressured to switch into Dragons. A spread of 80 HP / 252+ Atk / 176 Spe is used to creep Florges and maximize power.
  • Heavy Slam > Bullet Punch. Heavy slam destroys Florges, which removes one of Amphy's best checks. Bullet Punch is weak due to no STAB, and only really hits Aero and mons at very low %, but Doublade can pick off weakened mons, and Swampert + Doublade counter Aero.
  • Ice Punch > Stone Edge. Hitting Gligar and Mence harder is more important for this team than hitting Crobat on the switch, since the former can wall Amphy and block Volt Switch, and the latter revnge kills Amphy with Dragon STAB.
Gl with the team and I hope I helped!

Last edited:
Sup dude, I respect anyone who uses Mega Amphy, my favorite mega in UU. That being said, there are definitely some adjustments this team can make to make it more efficient. Onto the rate!

First of all, your Mega Ampharos set can be improved. Agility Amphy sounds good on paper, but it falls flat in practice since it is still outsped by every relevant Scarfer and UU's fastest 3 fast Megas in Beedrill, Sceptile, and Aerodactyl at +2. Also, your current set lacks Volt Switch, which is Amphy's bread and butter. A fast, powerful Volt Switch is too good to pass up if you use your Mega on Ampharos, so I recommend All Out Attacking Mega Ampharos over Agility Ampharos. Here is the set:

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

The EV spread creeps Relaxed Swampert, maxes SpA, and pours the rest in bulk. Volt Switch, T-Bolt, and Dragon Pulse are a must. HP Ice really only hits Gligar, as STAB Super effective Dragon Pulse hits every Dragon harder than 4x Effective HP Ice. D-Pulse also give a much stronger neutral coverage move than HP Ice, as it even hits Grasses harder neutrally than HP Ice Super Effectively. Focus blast, although shaky accuracy, is a nice coverage move that alleviates prediction issues vs teams with Grounds weak to Fighting (Mamo, Krookodile).

Your team lacks Stealth Rock, which is undoubtedly the best move in the game. VoltTurn teams starring Beedrill and co really bother you since you don't have any faster mons to revenge Beedrill, and Doublade loses to the common Volt Switcing partners on Beedrill teams. Mamoswine also runs through without much trouble. SR Swampert > Vaporeon helps with all these issues, blocking Volt Switch, checking Mamo, and giving Stealth Rock. It has access to Roar as well, preventing it from being set up bait which Vaporeon is (as you noticed). Here is the set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Next up, Espeon is looking replaceable. Like you said, it doesn't really target anything specific to help the team, and it currently is looking very weak to Draco spam. CM Gardevoir over Espeon helps with special Dragons like Hydreigon and Salamence that Doublade can't check while giving you a way to handle defensive teams due to powerful dual STABs + Focus Blast coverage to smash Steels bar Doublade. This change makes you susceptible to being revenge killed by things Espeon outsped, but our teammates actually handle most of these new revenge killers (Crobat handles LO Shao, Pert handles Entei + Krook, Doublade walls Cobalion) so the loss of speed is not too bad. Trace is also a really nice ability that gives you an option to revenge kill Mega Pert in the Rain, since the rest of your team doesn't handle it well outside of burning it with your own Swampert. Here is the set:

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

And now for some set tweaks:

• Your current Crobat spread is a bit odd. I'm not sure what benchmarks it hits defensively, and Crobat needs to at least creep Whimsicott to avoid it U-Turning out and giving you a chance to double switch. A spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252+ Spe utilizes Crobat's best attribute more efficiently, and lets you outspeed Adamant Bee, Modest Sceptile, and +1 Adamant Gatr (240 EVs are only needed to outpace the former two, but at that point there is no point in investing 12 more EVs to creep other Crobats). Crobat is meant to check Fighting types, so investing in special bulk is unnecessary.
  • Alternatively, a more offensive spread of 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252+ Spe with Sky Plate can be used to OHKO Shaymin and Machamp after Rocks.
  • Band Machamp is perfectly OK to keep, so this change is just giving you another option. AV Machamp over Band improves your Chandelure matchup (although it wasn't that bad to begin with with Doublade's Sneak and Ampharos checking it decently) and sponges a bunch of special attacks, like Hydreigon's Draco so Garde isn't so pressured to switch into Dragons. A spread of 80 HP / 252+ Atk / 190 Spe is used to creep Florges and maximize power.
  • Heavy Slam > Bullet Punch. Heavy slam destroys Florges, which removes one of Amphy's best checks. Bullet Punch is weak due to no STAB, and only really hits Aero and mons at very low %, but Doublade can pick off weakened mons, and Swampert + Doublade counter Aero.
  • Ice Punch > Stone Edge. Hitting Gligar and Mence harder is more important for this team than hitting Crobat on the switch, since the former can wall Amphy and block Volt Switch, and the latter revnge kills Amphy with Dragon STAB.
Gl with the team and I hope I helped!
Thanks for your suggestions, I updated my team. The Machamp ev spread had too many ev's so I assumed it was a typo and adjusted the set the best that I could. I also ran Heal Bell on Gardevoir over Focus Blast cuz accuracy and burn is a huge problem. I do have some questions.

What does the Machamp set let it outspeed?
What does the Ampharos set let it outspeed?

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Thanks for your suggestions, I updated my team. The Machamp ev spread had too many ev's so I assumed it was a typo and adjusted the set the best that I could. I also ran Heal Bell on Gardevoir over Focus Blast cuz accuracy and burn is a huge problem. I do have some questions.

What does the Machamp set let it outspeed?
What does the Ampharos set let it outspeed?
Ah my bad the spread should be 80 HP / 252+ Atk / 176 Speed. This creeps Florges and then some to catch those Florges with a bit of speed. Amphy's spread creeps Relaxed Swampert.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man, cool looking team you have here. I love the usage of Mega Amph, it has really been an underrated Pokemon but since Gyara has dropped its become a lot more relevant. But anyway, here's a couple of recommendations that I really think could help this team out. (Do A Bibarel already fixed this team up really well but I just have some little tweaks!)

• First off, I really notice a huge Krookodile weakness in this team, almost nothing really wants to take a strong Dread Plate/Choice Band boosted Knock Off and lose its item. That's why I'd like to recommend Acrobatics Crobat over the current one you have now. I think a Knock Off absorber is essential on the majority of teams due to how prevalent Krook has become in the current meta. Here's the set I'd recommend you using, its pretty much just standard acrobatics crobat :]

Crobat
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Defog
    - Roost
    - U-Turn / Taunt
    The speed allows you to outspeed Modest Mega Sceptile and Adamant Mega Beedrill (from what I've experienced these run both more commonly than +Speed natures). You could also opt for Taunt on it if you want to stop Pokemon like Krookodile from getting rocks up.

• Next, these are just little changes but use Modest Nature on Mega Ampharos and take off the slash of the Sitrus Berry on Swampert and Gardevoir. I think you may have forgot to change the nature on Ampharos but its just a reminder again, and also in almost every situation Leftovers are better than berries on Swampert and Gardevoir to be used as passive recovery every turn.
But yeah, besides those small tweaks I think you have a really solid team! Good luck!

Hey man, cool looking team you have here. I love the usage of Mega Amph, it has really been an underrated Pokemon but since Gyara has dropped its become a lot more relevant. But anyway, here's a couple of recommendations that I really think could help this team out. (Do A Bibarel already fixed this team up really well but I just have some little tweaks!)

• First off, I really notice a huge Krookodile weakness in this team, almost nothing really wants to take a strong Dread Plate/Choice Band boosted Knock Off and lose its item. That's why I'd like to recommend Acrobatics Crobat over the current one you have now. I think a Knock Off absorber is essential on the majority of teams due to how prevalent Krook has become in the current meta. Here's the set I'd recommend you using, its pretty much just standard acrobatics crobat :]

Crobat
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Defog
    - Roost
    - U-Turn / Taunt
    The speed allows you to outspeed Modest Mega Sceptile and Adamant Mega Beedrill (from what I've experienced these run both more commonly than +Speed natures). You could also opt for Taunt on it if you want to stop Pokemon like Krookodile from getting rocks up.

• Next, these are just little changes but use Modest Nature on Mega Ampharos and take off the slash of the Sitrus Berry on Swampert and Gardevoir. I think you may have forgot to change the nature on Ampharos but its just a reminder again, and also in almost every situation Leftovers are better than berries on Swampert and Gardevoir to be used as passive recovery every turn.
But yeah, besides those small tweaks I think you have a really solid team! Good luck!
Thanks for your suggestions! I changed my crobat set to this one. Do you think it's viable to swap Roost for Taunt? I prefer to keep U-Turn as I've found it very useful and Taunt seems like it would be very handy.

I did forget to update the nature on amphy, it's done now.

Leftovers recovery is 100% better on Gardevoir so I changed it. In playtesting, I found that the Berry and Leftovers both have their pros and cons with Swamp as I do swap it in to take powerful hits, and the berry potentially helps with a 3HKO instead of a 2HKO.

Thanks again for the rate! :)

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi there Golden Piloswine I would love to take a look at your team so here we go!
  • First off, like Shiba said, you have a pretty big Krookodile / Dark type weakness in general, so I am in agreement with his change as well as changing Gardevoir to the TrickScarf set. This gives you a solid way to potentially play around stall while having a nice cleaner for faster Dark-types such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, Mega Sharpedo (should you have Traced Speed Boost as well), and Mega Absol (If Garde is healthy, she can live a Sucker Punch). This also relieves pressure off of AV Machamp as it can get whittled down constantly switching into the Dark-type attacks whereas Gardevoir can just outspeed them and OHKO with STAB Moonblast.
  • This team's Mamoswine weakness is huge, as Mega Ampharos invites it in, Doublade is worn down and then OHKO'd by Earthquake, and Swampert is whittled down as well (although it has supereffective STAB and Mamoswine's STABs only hit neutrally). I suggest running Heracross > Machamp as this gives your team a better Speed tier, a way to beat Sableye (another weakness this team has since Sableye can cripple and whittle down your entire team atm; at least Heracross can take advantage of it), and a shaky answer to Mamoswine as it outspeeds, but it can only revenge Mamoswine if it happens to be Adamant.
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick

Heracross @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Other than that, the team is looking pretty solid and I am glad you are enjoying UnderUsed, welcome! :)

Hi there Golden Piloswine I would love to take a look at your team so here we go!
  • First off, like Shiba said, you have a pretty big Krookodile / Dark type weakness in general, so I am in agreement with his change as well as changing Gardevoir to the TrickScarf set. This gives you a solid way to potentially play around stall while having a nice cleaner for faster Dark-types such as Krookodile, Hydreigon, Mega Sharpedo (should you have Traced Speed Boost as well), and Mega Absol (If Garde is healthy, she can live a Sucker Punch). This also relieves pressure off of AV Machamp as it can get whittled down constantly switching into the Dark-type attacks whereas Gardevoir can just outspeed them and OHKO with STAB Moonblast.
  • This team's Mamoswine weakness is huge, as Mega Ampharos invites it in, Doublade is worn down and then OHKO'd by Earthquake, and Swampert is whittled down as well (although it has supereffective STAB and Mamoswine's STABs only hit neutrally). I suggest running Heracross > Machamp as this gives your team a better Speed tier, a way to beat Sableye (another weakness this team has since Sableye can cripple and whittle down your entire team atm; at least Heracross can take advantage of it), and a shaky answer to Mamoswine as it outspeeds, but it can only revenge Mamoswine if it happens to be Adamant.
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick

Heracross @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Other than that, the team is looking pretty solid and I am glad you are enjoying UnderUsed, welcome! :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I implemented them, they look really promising!

I am still running modest nature on Gardevoir because I am not sure what the + speed nature will let it outspeed with scarf.

I am looking forward to seeing this team improve even more now, thank you!

Reactions: nv
bump.

I'm having a huuuuuuuuuuuuge problem.

Special hits are literally killing this team, and will-o-wisp. As far as I can see there's nothing I can do. I tried switching Heracross back to assault vest, guts, machamp, but the results were the same. Is there anything I can do to cut down on this. Also it seems like I have two physical walls in Doublade and Swampert, does anyone think I need a special wall to help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)