Tournament BLT XI - Commencement Thread

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1710542486172.png

1710542527639.png

1710542539357.png

(Howkings + mind gaming and TheFranklin + plas were both in the A tier, but I originally made this before their signups and I never updated it lol)

These were my unbiased personal rankings of manager pair PROBABILITY in BLT. Not saying anybody was an A tier manager pair or a C tier manager pair; this was just ranking how likely I thought they were for getting picked in my opinion. I tried researching a bit to make at least some decently informed opinions but after a while I gave up and substituted viable reasonings for PURE WAFFLE

I think I did pretty decent? I knew BLT tended to favor returning managers and/or community members more so that influenced some of my predictions. The pairs I apparently majorly missed on were Ogerpons + Solgaleos, but they truly did feel like a lock in my head idk. I also slept on the LOORS but tbf I did say I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 team from there

Not gonna pretend like I'm educated enough to comment on the "viability" of the managers so I won't do any ACTUAL manager rankings. I do think they're all pretty evenly matched with maybe just a few being a tad bit weaker on paper. The season should be a pretty close one.

Gl

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
The LOOR Society will not be doing tryouts, however, feel free to message me or Taka on discord. Our tags are "loor_" and "taka.tk" respectively. Message with information about yourself, replays, preferred tiers etc.... There is no guarantee we will be able to respond to everybody but everybody who messages will be put on a list of consideration.

Even if you are still playing to qualify/top 16 in the room I would still recommend reaching out, especially if you are a player with a small sample size. Reason being, taka and I will be spectating roomtours and scouting. Doing this makes you stand out, easier for us to track and get a opinion on as opposed to if you were to not reach out at all. If you are playing on a alt, disclosing the alt would be much appreciated, no we will not leak it.

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
The Phantom Troupe will not be doing tryouts, however, feel free to message me or devin on discord. Our tags are "frag.ments" and "tokyoprison" respectively. Message with information about yourself, replays, preferred tiers etc.... There is no guarantee we will be able to respond to everybody but everybody who messages will be put on a list of consideration.

Even if you are still playing to qualify/top 16 in the room I would still recommend reaching out, especially if you are a player with a small sample size. Reason being, devin and I will be spectating roomtours and scouting. Doing this makes you stand out, easier for us to track and get a opinion on as opposed to if you were to not reach out at all. If you are playing on a alt, disclosing the alt would be much appreciated, no we will not leak it.

The Phantom Troupe will not be doing tryouts, however, feel free to message me or devin on discord. Our tags are "frag.ments" and "tokyoprison" respectively. Message with information about yourself, replays, preferred tiers etc.... There is no guarantee we will be able to respond to everybody but everybody who messages will be put on a list of consideration.

Even if you are still playing to qualify/top 16 in the room I would still recommend reaching out, especially if you are a player with a small sample size. Reason being, devin and I will be spectating roomtours and scouting. Doing this makes you stand out, easier for us to track and get a opinion on as opposed to if you were to not reach out at all. If you are playing on a alt, disclosing the alt would be much appreciated, no we will not leak it.
i am not spectating a room tour bro LOL. But yeah pm us on cord if you wanna sell yourself

The Skeledirges will not be doing tryouts, however, feel free to message me or Frixel on discord. Our tags are "ninja4604" and "frixel" respectively. Message with information about yourself, replays, preferred tiers etc.... There is no guarantee we will be able to respond to everybody but everybody who messages will be put on a list of consideration.

Even if you are still playing to qualify/top 16 in the room I would still recommend reaching out, especially if you are a player with a small sample size. Reason being, frixel and I will be spectating roomtours and scouting. Doing this makes you stand out, easier for us to track and get a opinion on as opposed to if you were to not reach out at all. If you are playing on a alt, disclosing the alt would be much appreciated, no we will not leak it.

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
The Skeledirges will not be doing tryouts, however, feel free to message me or Frixel on discord. Our tags are "ninja4604" and "frixel" respectively. Message with information about yourself, replays, preferred tiers etc.... There is no guarantee we will be able to respond to everybody but everybody who messages will be put on a list of consideration.

Even if you are still playing to qualify/top 16 in the room I would still recommend reaching out, especially if you are a player with a small sample size. Reason being, frixel and I will be spectating roomtours and scouting. Doing this makes you stand out, easier for us to track and get a opinion on as opposed to if you were to not reach out at all. If you are playing on a alt, disclosing the alt would be much appreciated, no we will not leak it.
i am not spectating a room tour bro LOL. But yeah pm us on cord if you wanna sell yourself

Why I’m not gonna go 0-x for the third year in a row:
-33rd place finish at Official Smogon Tournament beating clean and micciu
-currently 2-2 in Pokeland Premier League
-didn’t make UUFPL this year because I wasn’t as much of a lock-in as I thought, but I’ve topped the ladder a few times.

Last edited:
Ubers Highlights

I wanted to highlight some people who I think could do well in the Ubers slot, either based on H2Hs or from other tours. I'll also highlight people who can probably be decent support. The Ubers tier is currently in a state that is just not friendly to people without experience due to Miraidon staying in and HO being very difficult to pilot against while using Balance (just look at UWC).

I've split this into 3 groups, depending on what a team is looking for.

Willing and Able - The people who want to slot into Ubers, can build good teams on their own and can play well
Able - Players who might have better value building Ubers and being slot elsewhere or those that just don't want to play the tier; but probably won't mind being slotted into Ubers
Pilots - People who can play or build well, but might need support
Supports - Someone who can help bounce ideas off other players

With that out of the way, here are some profiles.

Willing and Able (in no particular order)
Icemaster
Classic Ubers player that can work well alone

Not new to the Ubers scene at all. He was incredibly dominant in SS, and describes himself as still catching up to the SV meta. I think he caught up pretty quickly, piloting a pretty mid team to high peaks on the ladder. He also obviously has good builds, having helped India in the UWC finals as well as helping EU pre-playoffs. He is another pick for a team that just wants someone who can build something and bring it every week.

Lasen
All-arounder that can do decently anywhere

Another EU builder, who lead his team to a dominant early pre-playoffs record as captain. Lasen's pretty flexible in the tiers he plays, and can pilot any other tier too. As a player, he's really good at scouting and honing in on meta calls, which reflects in his builds. I think Lasen could be a good pick for people looking to get an Ubers player, who doesn't need any additional support.
Able (in no particular order)
Terracotta
Innovative builder who'd rather pilot another tier

Terra has been pretty much a driving force of Team Europe's success in UWC. He built for a number of his team's slots in SV Ubers, and uses everything in the tier much like me. A lot of his team choices are off-meta, which really pressures a lot of the more conventional opponents he or his team have. I mention his building a lot, but he can easily play and pilot well; I'm just pretty sure he'd rather play another tier. Worth getting him alone or with a good pilot or another flex player.

Ainzcrad
Solid team maker, who can slot into another tier

Winner of Kickoff 1.5, Ainzcrad is pretty consistent at creating solid meta teams and always is active in tournaments. He did say that he wanted to focus a bit more on other Ubers tours, which means he'd need to pilot another tier (though he probably will still start Ubers if you ask him to). His team support is still worth the pick-up regardless of if he plays Ubers or not.
Pilots (in no particular order)
Skyiew
Recent addition that pilots decently made teams very well

A recent up and comer in the Ubers scene. He had a pretty amazing performance in UWC with wins versus some pretty good players. He's also got decent ladder results to add to that resume. As a builder, I think Skyiew would need someone to bounce ideas off of, but he can still build for himself. I'd still recommend getting him with one of the Ubers players who rather play a different tier, because this one really sucks.

Ina fable
Flexible and decent, but needs support

A user that plays a lot of tiers, Ina gets a lot of her ideas from existing ones. Ina tends to pilot weird teams, and can do that well enough. Recently, her playstyle has shifted towards a more meta-centric style of play, but would probably need support. Still a solid pick-up even as a support, would probably need to pair with a builder to get the most value.
Supports (in no particular order)
GeniusFromHoenn
Interesting builder with a weaker recent performance

Hoenn played well earlier on, but has had a rough showing in Ubers and Ubers-like tiers recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they did well this time around, if given the opportunity to start, but it's a bit tough. Hoenn is still pretty good at building bulkier teams and could be good on the right team.

Note: I didn't include anyone who really did not want to get drafted for Ubers, people who had bad showings despite playing in tours or people who had good placements but bad gameplay. Will update the list once Cycle 2 finishes and might add more if I missed any.

Last edited:
Ubers Highlights

I wanted to highlight some people who I think could do well in the Ubers slot, either based on H2Hs or from other tours. I'll also highlight people who can probably be decent support. The Ubers tier is currently in a state that is just not friendly to people without experience due to Miraidon staying in and HO being very difficult to pilot against while using Balance (just look at UWC).

I've split this into 3 groups, depending on what a team is looking for.

Willing and Able - The people who want to slot into Ubers, can build good teams on their own and can play well
Able - Players who might have better value building Ubers and being slot elsewhere or those that just don't want to play the tier; but probably won't mind being slotted into Ubers
Pilots - People who can play or build well, but might need support
Supports - Someone who can help bounce ideas off other players

With that out of the way, here are some profiles.

Willing and Able (in no particular order)
Icemaster
Classic Ubers player that can work well alone

Not new to the Ubers scene at all. He was incredibly dominant in SS, and describes himself as still catching up to the SV meta. I think he caught up pretty quickly, piloting a pretty mid team to high peaks on the ladder. He also obviously has good builds, having helped India in the UWC finals as well as helping EU pre-playoffs. He is another pick for a team that just wants someone who can build something and bring it every week.

Lasen
All-arounder that can do decently anywhere

Another EU builder, who lead his team to a dominant early pre-playoffs record as captain. Lasen's pretty flexible in the tiers he plays, and can pilot any other tier too. As a player, he's really good at scouting and honing in on meta calls, which reflects in his builds. I think Lasen could be a good pick for people looking to get an Ubers player, who doesn't need any additional support.
Able (in no particular order)
Terracotta
Innovative builder who'd rather pilot another tier

Terra has been pretty much a driving force of Team Europe's success in UWC. He built for a number of his team's slots in SV Ubers, and uses everything in the tier much like me. A lot of his team choices are off-meta, which really pressures a lot of the more conventional opponents he or his team have. I mention his building a lot, but he can easily play and pilot well; I'm just pretty sure he'd rather play another tier. Worth getting him alone or with a good pilot or another flex player.

Ainzcrad
Solid team maker, who can slot into another tier

Winner of Kickoff 1.5, Ainzcrad is pretty consistent at creating solid meta teams and always is active in tournaments. He did say that he wanted to focus a bit more on other Ubers tours, which means he'd need to pilot another tier (though he probably will still start Ubers if you ask him to). His team support is still worth the pick-up regardless of if he plays Ubers or not.
Pilots (in no particular order)
Skyiew
Recent addition that pilots decently made teams very well

A recent up and comer in the Ubers scene. He had a pretty amazing performance in UWC with wins versus some pretty good players. He's also got decent ladder results to add to that resume. As a builder, I think Skyiew would need someone to bounce ideas off of, but he can still build for himself. I'd still recommend getting him with one of the Ubers players who rather play a different tier, because this one really sucks.

Ina fable
Flexible and decent, but needs support

A user that plays a lot of tiers, Ina gets a lot of her ideas from existing ones. Ina tends to pilot weird teams, and can do that well enough. Recently, her playstyle has shifted towards a more meta-centric style of play, but would probably need support. Still a solid pick-up even as a support, would probably need to pair with a builder to get the most value.
Supports (in no particular order)
GeniusFromHoenn
Interesting builder with a weaker recent performance

Hoenn played well earlier on, but has had a rough showing in Ubers and Ubers-like tiers recently. I wouldn't be surprised if they did well this time around, if given the opportunity to start, but it's a bit tough. Hoenn is still pretty good at building bulkier teams and could be good on the right team.

Note: I didn't include anyone who really did not want to get drafted for Ubers, people who had bad showings despite playing in tours or people who had good placements but bad gameplay. Will update the list once Cycle 2 finishes and might add more if I missed any.
Trade for GOAT tier tho

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
lcers
me
elfu
gawain
starsama
quinn
greedy_eb
nashrock
pigwarrior19
bleahey
skierdude101
genisu

@managers feel free to dm me on discord if you actually want my specific input on someone

Last edited:

drizzle

formerly henguinie
is a Tiering Contributor
Considering I played more in the first cycle than is probably healthy for a person, I created my tier list based on how often each person beat me.

And yes, room tours are the definitive way to determine someone's competence so use this as your basis for deciding who to draft.

You're welcome managers
my-image (4).pngmy-image (5).png

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.31.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.37.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.42.46 PM.png
Ok so my cycle 2 rankings are prolly whack, my gpool rankings mid and are mostly ordered within rank others are not, and my cycle one rankings a quarter of the people were on alts and I didn’t play the second week so some of them are just based on how well I know the player. Edit: some of my rankings are a lil baised but I tried to be least as possible, dont get offended
Last edit i swear: I forgot team charm namechanged to swinub fan :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)