ORAS OU Blue and Firey

Hi guys! I'm relatively new to Smogon, and I have a question. So I'm building a team around Mega Charizard X, (hence the title) and I come up with what I think is a pretty solid team. Only problem is, two of my best Pokemon, MegaCX, and Kyruem-B, come out to be horribly weak to Stealth Rock, especially when Charizard isn't MegaE'd. So I took a tip from the Pokemon analyses and decided to tack a spinner/defogger on my team. The question is, where do I put it on such a solid team? And who do I replace? Or does one of my Pokes simply need a new moveset? Oh, and rate the team too, while you can.

Thanks, and here's my team.

KillItWithFIRE!!! (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Roost
The leader of the team. He's a sweeper, most useful late-game, as I found out. I picked him because, as I said earlier, I wanted to build a team around him. Dragon Claw and Fire Punch are his two powerful STAB moves, which I use for sweeping. I picked Fire Punch over Flare Blitz because I want to keep this guy alive, and I don't want him to go down to recoil damage + hazards. Roost is to keep him alive, like how I chose FP over FB, and Dragon Dance is a setup move, which I sort of need some pointers on when to use it.

Marilland (Azumarill) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off

After Charizard, I wanted to build a 3-type core around him. So, I picked his polar opposite, cute little Derprill. This one's the standard Belly Drum set. It's immune to Dragon-types, which two of my others are weak to, making opponents wary if they really want to pull a Dragon Pulse on my MegaCX or K-B. Priority Aqua Jet is also something I find very useful, because I constantly worry about whether my Mon's attacks will land first or not.

BruhDoom (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb
The last Mon of my three-type core. I picked him mostly because he completed my core, but his Spore is also a very useful move to have around. It might force a check to switch out because they don't want that Pokemon removed, or if it doesn't, it gives me a free switch so I can pick up a kill next turn. Like Azu, I found Mach Punch very useful in outspeeding threats to my Pokemon. Rock Tomb is for Flying types that I feel I can't switch out from. The last move, Bullet Seed, is critical to a Breloom technician set, taking out bulky water types fairly easily.

StopNFreeze (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
I felt that my team was too Physical oriented, as in early stages of development, they got walled by physical walls. So I added Kyurem B, a powerful Special Wall Breaker. Roost goes hand in hand with Life Orb, providing reliable recovery for KB while it continues to punch holes in walls. The last three moves cover many Pokemon types, so not many types could wall this beast.

LandOrElse (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
The last two Pokemon form a VoltTurn core, and intermesh almost perfectly, covering each other's weaknesses. LandOrElse was originally intended to lay Stealth Rocks and switch out, but when I realized the potential of U-Turn, I added Rotom-W on the last slot. U-Turn is also helpful to take out Psychic types my team would otherwise have trouble with. Earthquake is a powerful Stab move, taking out Electric types for Marriland, at minimal risk, as Marill line struggles with those. (ex. Manectric)

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
Rotom is part of the VoltTurn core with Landorus, as stated above. He also serves another uses as a sort of defensive stall, utilizing Will-O'-Wisp to burn offensive hazards, then using Resto to recover to full health. Lastly, Hydro Pump is its main offensive move. Not much else to say

Hey catking101, cool hyper offense team.

You should always run Flare Blitz > Fire Punch on Zard X since you miss out on a lot of important kills by running Fire Punch.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 279-328 (87.4 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 174-205 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

^This is probably the most notable OHKO you miss out on, missing out on killing Scarf Landorus-T at +1, as well as not being able to OHKO Magic Guard Clefable, and not being able to 2HKO Unaware Clefable

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 261-307 (66.2 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 415-490 (105.3 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 229-271 (58.1 - 68.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 144-171 (36.5 - 43.4%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

So change Fire Punch to Flare Blitz on Zard X to get the most out of it's insane power.

You also don't have a way to get rid of hazards, which is a must when running Charizard. You should replace Kyurem-Black with Scarf Excadrill to be able to get rid of hazards and have more speed control.

To support Zard X by breaking down walls like Hippowdon, Landorus-Therian, Gliscor, and Slowbro, you should run Swords Dance Diggersby > Breloom, which also weakens Skarmory for Azu. +2 Quick Attack gets off nice damage on Scarf Tyranitar and M-Diancie which puts them in range of +1 Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz respectively.

Next, you should change Rotom-W to Thundurus for T-Wave support and a fast hard hitter that has great synergy with Azumarill.

You should also change your Azumarill from Belly Drum to Choice Band to have a hard hitting water move to pressure bulky ground types immediately. +1 Aqua Jet OHKOs Excadrill which can be a threat in the Sand, and Play Rough can 2HKO Quagsire and Slowbro with Stealth Rocks up, which is amazing for Zard X.

Lastly, you should change your Landorus-T from Earth Plate to SD Yache Berry to lure Thundurus into thinking it can get the kill with HP Ice, and then take it out with Stone Edge (granted you hit). This allows Zard X to run through offensive builds easily at +1 without having to risk being paralyzed. Swords Dance gives you great matchup vs Hippowdon and opposing Landorus-T to dent them for Zard X.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Hope i was able to help!

wow. That's a scary bunch of changes. I'll probably turn it into a whole different team, then see how that goes.

But thanks! It looks really good. It helped a lot!

I tried using Scarf Excadrill, however, its main problem is to use any of its offense moves, I have to switch out after I use Rapid Spin to take out Stealth Rock, which was a problem in a match once, where I had to remove hazards yet fight against a Pokemon that only Exca could check. Anything else I can use to support exca, without having to lock it?

Hi nice team , I'd like to suggest changes for this build

celes changes are really good and also looks good on paper the only flaw in that I see is that team has no scald switch-in , which is rly bad in the game and u said that you are having problem using drill , so I think Natural Cure Starmie > Excadrill , It is not locked in a move and can be used to take scald with ease.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Psyshock

Yor team is already rated so I cant rate more , hope I helped and have a nice day :].

Hi nice team , I'd like to suggest changes for this build

celes changes are really good and also looks good on paper the only flaw in that I see is that team has no scald switch-in , which is rly bad in the game and u said that you are having problem using drill , so I think Natural Cure Starmie > Excadrill , It is not locked in a move and can be used to take scald with ease.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type / Psyshock

Yor team is already rated so I cant rate more , hope I helped and have a nice day :].
I agree with the Starmie change since it does seem better than Excadrill on this team in hindsight, but I think an offensive Analytic Starmie would make more sense since this an offensive build and Natural Cure Starmie is very passive.

wait, why do you want 361 speed on an ANALYTIC Starmie? Doesn't a slow Starmie work perfectly well with that? And what's up with base 115 speed?

wait, why do you want 361 speed on an ANALYTIC Starmie? Doesn't a slow Starmie work perfectly well with that? And what's up with base 115 speed?
Analytic Starmie hits Scarfers, prioirty mons, and natuarally faster mons like M-Lopunny and T-Flame harder. Speed Investments are still necessary to outspeed Non-Scarf Keldeo

Analytic doesn't only work when you're slower than your opponent, it also activates and gives you the boost when your opponent switches.

When you have max speed you force switches on slower mons (a lot of the unboosted metagame), and get off huger chunks of damage, making Starmie harder to switch into. This comes into play mainly with being able to OHKO Scarf Tyranitar on switch-in with Life Orb Analytic boosted Hydro Pump, and 2HKOing Clefable switch-ins with an Analytic boosted Hydro Pump followed by another unboosted Hydro.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt / Psyshock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)