blue_light's Expert Mafia (All-stars)

Since I've hosted 5 mafias as of today, I've decided to make my next mafia to be a culmination of all 5 of them. Basically, the general idea is that sign ups for the game is placed a few weeks before the game actually starts and all who sign up must submit 5 roles from all 5 games, probably with differing roles too (no submitting 5 hookers or 5 kidnappers).

Basically the concept will be similar to YCI mafia, but instead of choosing your role character you get to pick one pre-made role out of a pool of about 120 roles.

Please give me feedback on the interest in this mafia or what I could include or improve this mafia experience.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What happens if like every person nominates the same role? Wouldn't that mean that you would be forced to give that role to every person in the game?

My point: Every single sign up includes, among four others, Role A.
You then have no choice but to include Role A among the possibilities for every player.

Although I think this concept could end up being a little broken, I really like the idea of picking roles form a pool. I would certainly be interested in participating, although I have only played in one of your mafias to-date(DotA).

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I guess he could solve that by showing the 120 roles to a person, then show 119 roles (aka excluding the one the first person took) to a second person, and so on, although it may be too much work for the host.

I would love to play in this mafia.

I do agree if a popular role was picked by a lot of players, it would be much harder to decide who deserves it over the other. What do you plan to do about that?

UncleSam

Leading this village
I guess he could solve that by showing the 120 roles to a person, then show 119 roles (aka excluding the one the first person took) to a second person, and so on, although it may be too much work for the host.
The problem with this is that, given that you can see what roles everyone picks when they sign-up(do you think they will have the list of five in the sign-up thread or PM'd to you bl?) the people who pick near the end can determine which roles are and are not in the game.

They will be pmed to me, having knowledge of other people's choices is not optimal. Most likely will be implementing a rule like all 5 choices must consist of 3 villagers, 2 mafia/neutral. But of course nothing is final for now.

As for people picking the same role, it is bound to happen, and there is really no way to prevent that from happening. A random generator will probably decide who gets the role, but unless 6 people all pick the same 5 roles I don't think I will have a problem giving everyone a unique role.

Er, where are the links to your previous mafias so that I may look upon them and see if I like any of the characters?

(Too lazy to shift through the topics)

If this game happens, I will be giving access to my google documents for everyone to peruse for the sign ups.

Happy Hunting.

LightWolf

lightwoof
As long you don't make a character that is cleaned by the village name and give it to the wolf as a safe claim I'm sure to join!(DotA postgame go)

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Interested. Would mafia get safe claims/how would that be worked out? It would probably be difficult for a mafia to claim a mediocre role, since most people wouldn't pick something like LN's role in Quarantine for their pool.

Interested

in bribing

But honestly, this looks really interesting. Your elements mafia really got me to fall in love with it, not to talk about some others, so of course I (and probably anyone else) won't mind anything like this at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)