Breaking Free [OU] Offense

Breaking Free

This is the team I've been using the past week and it got me to 1503 on the ladder. This is one of my most successful teams but its far from perfect and I would greatly appreciate any help to try and make this team better as it isn't as consistent as I would like it to be. As you can see, only one of my pokemon is weak to Stealth Rock, 5 pokemon are immune to Toxic Spikes and one can absorb them, and 2 are immune to Spikes, which means it is pretty good in regards to passive damage. With no "walls", I have to rely on resistances when using this team, so making sure passive damage isn't too much of a concern is critical. Though most of my teams are usually bulky offense or more balanced, I tried to stray away from my normal playing style, and I'm pleased with the results. Enough with the introductions, on with the team!

At A Glance

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
---
Why Heatran?

Thanks to Flashstorm1 for the lead. After considerable testing, Heatran functions as an amazing lead that almost always gets rocks down. His resistances have also proved as invaluable to the team. Heatran can stand up to the majority of the leads, and functions as a great Rotom counter who my team was previously quite weak against. Overall, an excellent lead.

Item & Moveset:

Shuca Berry: Ensures I get rocks down most of the time, and can even be used to bluff Choice Scarf. Can also come back later and get rid of opposing Heatran and others if necessary.

Fire Blast: Heatran's main STAB move that severly dents anything that comes in contact with it. Not much else to say, great move.

Explosion: I usually try not to use it because Heatran alive is very detrimental to my team, but when I feel I have an opening or want to get rid of something that could pose a threat, I explode. Extremely powerful.

Earth Power: Provides good coverage with Fire Blast and gets rid of opposing Heatran that switch in.

Stealth Rock: Self-explanatory. Stealth Rock is needed in offensive teams for passive damage, and Heatran does a great job of laying it down.

EVs: Standard 6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd. Hasty over Naive so that Heatran can handle Rotom and others easier.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
---

Why Gyrados?

Gyrados has proven to be invaluable to the team, severely denting teams and setting up Jolteon brilliantly. He can also take a variety of hits thanks to its great bulk. Intimidate also makes him a great switch in to physical threats. BulkyGyra has just fit perfectly in this team.

Item & Moveset:

Leftovers: Leftovers is essential to keep Gyrados alive as long as possible, simple as that.

Dragon Dance: The setup move that everyone fears. With just one DD, Gyrados is capable of sweeping teams with ease. Just an amazing move.

Waterfall: Great STAB and his most reliable move.

Stone Edge: Provides the most effective coverage with Waterfall and takes care of the likes of Salamence, Zapdos, and opposing Gyrados.

Taunt: Taunt is crucial to this set because many moves such as Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp, Roar, and other Taunt users screw around with Gyrados sweeping. Not allowing Skarmory or others to roar/whirlwind me away is also nice.

EVs: Standard BulkyGyra. The total EVs give 370 HP / 344 Atk / 219 Def / 234 Spe. 156 HP ensures that it never is 2HKOed by Timid Life Orb Heatran's Fire Blast with Stealth Rock and Leftovers taken into account. 108 Atk allows Gyarados to always 2HKO 252 Def / 148 HP Bold Blissey, factoring Stealth Rocks and Leftovers. 144 Spe is to outspeed Gengar after a Dragon Dance. 100 Defense is EV leftover, but it's really necessary to tank hits from the likes of Lucario, Scizor, and Heracross.​

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Facade
- Seed Bomb
- Spore
- Superpower
---
(I'm currently testing the standard subseed set over this one. It seems to be working pretty well, but after more testing, I will decide what to do with Breloom's set.)

Why Breloom?

Breloom is my favorite Pokemon, and for good reason. With a 100% sleeping move and a monstrous Attack stat, Breloom can really destroy teams. His typing also allows him to switch into many attacks with ease, and poison heal means he will be gaining a 1/8 HP per turn, making him hard to get rid of.

Item and Moveset
:

Toxic Orb: Toxic Orb is the most beneficial item for Breloom, as it allows him to heal 1/8 of its HP thanks to Poison heal. It also means Breloom cannot be inflicted with status once Toxic Orb activates, making him a great status absorber.

Facade: 140 BP Facade coming off 359 Atk means nothing is switching in on Breloom without losing a chunk of its health. Really underestimated and underused, but extremely effective.

Seed Bomb: STAB and main move. Nothing to say here, just a sold attack.

Spore: IMO, the best move in the game. 100% sleep move is nothing to scoff at, and immediately takes care of an opponent. I never use Spore first, as the opponent usually sends in a sleep/status absorber expecting a spore, but instead gets smacked hard with an attack. I save Spore for a poke that poses a large threat to the team.

Superpower: Second STAB and wow, does this hit hard. Nothing likes taking one of these.

EVs: Standard 4/252/252 but jolly to outrun a lot of poke's that think they can outrun Breloom only to get hit hard or put to sleep.

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Baton Pass
- Thunderbolt
---

Why Jolteon?

Jolteon works well with Gyrados, taking care of his electric weakness while Gyrados covers Jolteon's ground weakness. Jolteon is also capable of sweeping teams that don't have a ground resist not named Swampert. His blistering speed and great Special Attack along with 70% chance of SpA boost thanks to Charge Beam means Jolteon will cause the opposing team quite a bit of trouble.

Items & Moveset:

Life Orb: Life Orb is the perfect fit on this set, as it will add a much appreciated boost to Jolteon's special attack without limiting it to the same move. With charge beam, choice specs isn't even needed, as it will have more than enough firepower to dent the opponent. Jolteon's main purpose is to switch into electric attacks, so the 25% heal is very welcome and makes Life Orb more tolerable.

Charge Beam: Boosting Jolteon's already great special attack spells trouble for the opponent, as not much can take boosted Thunderbolts from him. If I suspect an earthquake or don't wish to keep Jolteon in any longer, I can also Baton Pass the boosts to Latias and go from there.

Hidden Power [Grass]: With Swampert increasing in usage, HP Grass was necessary to prevent him from walling Jolteon. Also useful for Hippowdon, weakened Tyranitar, Mamoswine, etc.

Thunderbolt: Jolteon's main sweeping move. Takes care of alot of things; even those who resist it don't like taking a STAB Thunderbolt.

Baton Pass: Baton Pass is an extremely useful move. If I have a SpA boost, and want to switch it to Latias, Baton Pass is the way to go. I also use it like a Scizor U-Turn in order to keep the momentum. Baton Pass is also excellent for pursuiters that think they can get rid of Jolteon on the switch.

EVs: Standard. Not much to say here. Outruns Adamant Gyra after a DD which is nice.​

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
---

Why Latias?

I needed an effective revenge killer who could take care of Scarf Flygon and Scarftran, as they posed a huge threat to the team. Latias can also take care of various other threats, as well as providing a bit of bulk and resistances that the team needs. She is also the recipient of Jolteon's SpA boosts at times which greatly benefit her.

Items & Moveset:

Choice Scarf:
Well, Latias wouldn't really be as effective a revenge killer without a scarf =P. Outspeeds nearly everything with the Scarf, which is great.

Dragon Pulse: My STAB and most reliable attack. Pretty much all there is to say.

Draco Meteor: Such a broken move. Completely wrecks whatever takes it. I usually use it when I predict a switch, and the recipient of it usually isn't too happy.

Surf: Provides good coverage with my Dragon STABs; takes care of Tyranitar switch ins, and whatever resists Dragon type moves.

Trick: An amazing move that really cripples whoever I use it on. Blisseys hate switching in only to get stuck with a scarf. Just a great move, and extremely useful.

EVs:
Standard spread. Max speed and special attack, and timid so that if I get rid of the scarf, I can still effectively take care of Infernape and other threats.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 246 HP/252 Atk/12 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

---

Why Scizor?

If everyone else can use him, why can't I? =P. My second revenge killer, scouter, pursuiter, and sweeper. He is just too good not to use. Technician+Bullet Punch+Pursuit=Good game.

Item & Moveset:

Choice Band: CB Scizor is the most effective set IMO. He needs no setup, and Bullet Punch means he will be attacking first anyway, making CB the optimal item.

Bullet Punch: My main move that takes care of pretty much everything. I've swept many teams with just Bullet Punch; just an amazing move.

Pursuit: With Technician, Scizor's Pursuit does almost as much damage as Tyranitar, and can easily get rid of psychic and ghost types such as Latias, Starmie, Gengar, Rotom, etc. It is also nice against pokemon that expect a bullet punch and switch, only to be nailed with pursuit.

Superpower: Mainly for opposing steel types such as Heatran, Magnezone, and other Scizor. Requires a bit of prediction, but the result is just great.

U-Turn: Secondary STAB and great for scouting opponents and gaining advantage. It is the perfect move for offensive teams as it lets me keep the fact paced tempo that the team revolves around. It also does a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist it.

EVs: Max attack is obvious, 12 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed opposing Scizors and Vaporeon, and the rest is dumped into HP for survivability.

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated. Threat List will be up soon.

Hello. I noticed that you've yet to receive any rates for your team, so I figured I could stop by and give you a few pointers that I feel will make your team more effective than it currently is. First, I have to tell you that this is one of the more interesting teams that I've seen on the RMT board for quite a while. I am mainly impressed by your ability to have utilized some uncommon Pokémon in the form of Mamoswine, Jolteon, and Breloom, and effectively placed them into a team which clearly plays its resistances to the fullest. I can easily tell that you put a lot of thought into building this team, so I will try my best to make as little changes as possible.

To begin with, I'd like to first address some specific Pokémon that, from a glance, I feel would give your team a lot of trouble. My biggest concern here are two Pokémon that are commonly found in the OU tier: Rotom-A and Lucario. I feel that Rotom-A can be a potential problem to your team because you have no safe switch-ins against it. Now, I read that you mainly use resistances to take care of major team weaknesses, but I don't feel this strategy is enough in being able to deal with Rotom-A. Pokémon on your team that can switch into Thunderbolt are severely damaged by Shadow Ball, and your physical sweepers will have major trouble with Will-O-Wisp, especially since all of them are essentially walled by Rotom-A. Rotom-A can easily switch into most of the Pokémon on your team. Namely, the set I feel will give you the most trouble is: Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp; however, I could also see the standard RestTalk set giving you trouble, especially if it opts for Shadow Ball over Will-O-Wisp. Of even bigger concern here is the fact that only Latias manages to even hit it hard enough to potentially KO. I feel Lucario is also a large problem for your team because outside of Gyarados, your whole team will be absolutely murdered after a Swords Dance, as even Latias and Jolteon are OHKOed by a +2 ExtremeSpeed. Normally, I wouldn't bother mentioning that Lucario could be a problem, since it has a hard time setting up against non-Choiced attacks; however, therein lies the problem. Latias, which will often be locked into one of its Dragon-type moves, will provide the perfect opportunity for Lucario to set up. Another slight probem for your team I feel that needs to be address is Choice Band Scizor. My main concern with Scizor is that you have nothing to switch into a U-turn except Gyarados, which gets worn down by Stealth Rock and will be unlikely to stay in as Scizor U-turns out to something that can take on Gyarados.

As a summary, here are what I feel are the three biggest concerns to your team:
  • Rotom-A, especially those that run both Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, because you have no safe switch-in and Rotom-A easily switches into most of your team
  • Lucario, as it can easily set up Swords Dance on your Latias when it is locked into a Dragon-type attack, and can proceed to OHKO everything bar Gyarados, which is weak to Stealth Rock
  • Scizor, as your only safe switch-in to a U-turn is Gyarados, which as already stated, gets worn down by Stealth Rock too quickly to be a reasonable counter
In regards to the above, my suggestions will attempt to eliminate these problems, or at least reduce the impact of them on your team.

Although I am glad that you are using Mamoswine as a lead, which is very good in its own right, I feel that it ought to be replaced for another lead. In fact, I am going to suggest a lead that can help eliminate two of the noted problems to your team, and the Pokémon I'm going to recommend will provide similar resistances to what Mamoswine currently provides to your team. The Pokémon I recommend is Heatran, namely the following set:

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

I think Heatran will be able to provide more to your team than what Mamoswine currently has to offer. My main problem with Mamoswine right now is that it functions to similar to a suicide lead, meaning its resistances won't actually end up helping your team in the long run. My reasoning in this is that two common leads, Azelf and Metagross, completely shut down this set. From my experience, Azelf can easily use Taunt to prevent Mamoswine from setting down its own Stealth Rock, while it can set down its own Stealth Rock, while Mamoswine's Ice Shard isn't even a 2HKO (Note I'm not even sure it 3HKOes, but it probably does). Meanwhile, I feel that your Mamoswine, once Taunted, easily gives other sweepers such as Dragon Dance Gyarados can easily chance to set up, especially since it managed to switch in at full health. Metagross on the other hand, can set up its own Stealth Rock or use a combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch to take down the wooly mammoth; in either scenario, Mamoswine "loses", as it eithers sets up Stealth Rock but dies without touching Metagross, or manages to weaken Metagross without setting up Stealth Rock. (Note: you need Life Orb to OHKO Metagross with Earthquake.) Now, I feel Heatran also helps in patching up these problems. Azelf is unable to beat Heatran one-on-one, as Fire Blast easily 2HKOes Azelf, and Heatran also reliably sets up Stealth Rock assuming Azelf doesn't Taunt. Heatran also 2HKOes Metagross with Fire Blast, which, in return, is unable to OHKO with Earthquake, so you can either go straight for the kill or set up Stealth Rock, and in either scenario, you come out on top. Teamwise, Heatran is able to take on Rotom-A, as Fire Blast is a definite 2HKO, and Heatran has an easy time switching into Will-O-Wisps or Shadow Balls aimed at your other team members. Heatran is also a surefire counter to Scizor as long as you avoid Superpower, and unlike Gyarados, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock.

Next, I feel that Gyarados should be tailored to handle problems on your team, such as those listed in the summary, instead of being an all-out attacking force. For this reason, I'm going to recommend you change Gyarados to the RestTalk set.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

I feel that by running this set instead of what you are currently running, you will have an easier time taking hits that would otherwise really weaken down your team, such as the aforementioned Scizor's U-turn, and even Heatran's Fire Blast, which I imagine can be quite a pain to your team. By using this set, you greatly increase Gyarados's longevity while still having a slight form of offense in your team. However, the main reason I recommend this set is because Gyarados is a surefire counter to Lucario as Gliscor is. This set is pretty explanatory, so I'm not going to bother explaining it. However, there is a reason I recommend using Roar, which I'll explain later.

I also think that Breloom's set could use a little adjustment. Currently, I feel that Breloom does very little to your team apart from putting something to sleep with Spore, as your current set does very little to common OU threats, such as the aforementioned Rotom-A and even some variants of Salamence. However, I think there is a way to still include Breloom in your team without making too many changes. I think that Breloom should run the standard "Substitute + Leech Seed" set. Since Heatran pretty much guarantees that you set up Stealth Rock, running the Leech Seed set ensures that you will be forcing a lot of switches. Also, Leech Seed support allows you to better make use of your team's method of taking hits: through resistances. With Leech Seed, I feel that you will have an easier time switching in more often, as Leech Seed will help alleviate passive damage from Stealth Rock and/or Spikes. Also, Heatran gives Breloom plenty of opportunities to switch in, which I'm sure you could conclude for yourself.

These are the biggest changes to your team I want to make at the moment, but there is something else that I feel needs to be addressed: your inability to beat stall teams. However, I am hesitant to suggest ways to fix this problem as it would require a massive re-construction of your team, so I'm just going to leave that up to you, and you can respond to me whether you'd like me to help you out with this problem

Overall, I am fairly impressed by this team, and I hope my suggestions will bring you more success in the future. Good luck!

P.S. Your Scizor is missing 2 EVs in HP. ;)

Hello. I noticed that you've yet to receive any rates for your team, so I figured I could stop by and give you a few pointers that I feel will make your team more effective than it currently is. First, I have to tell you that this is one of the more interesting teams that I've seen on the RMT board for quite a while. I am mainly impressed by your ability to have utilized some uncommon Pokémon in the form of Mamoswine, Jolteon, and Breloom, and effectively placed them into a team which clearly plays its resistances to the fullest. I can easily tell that you put a lot of thought into building this team, so I will try my best to make as little changes as possible.

To begin with, I'd like to first address some specific Pokémon that, from a glance, I feel would give your team a lot of trouble. My biggest concern here are two Pokémon that are commonly found in the OU tier: Rotom-A and Lucario. I feel that Rotom-A can be a potential problem to your team because you have no safe switch-ins against it. Now, I read that you mainly use resistances to take care of major team weaknesses, but I don't feel this strategy is enough in being able to deal with Rotom-A. Pokémon on your team that can switch into Thunderbolt are severely damaged by Shadow Ball, and your physical sweepers will have major trouble with Will-O-Wisp, especially since all of them are essentially walled by Rotom-A. Rotom-A can easily switch into most of the Pokémon on your team. Namely, the set I feel will give you the most trouble is: Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp; however, I could also see the standard RestTalk set giving you trouble, especially if it opts for Shadow Ball over Will-O-Wisp. Of even bigger concern here is the fact that only Latias manages to even hit it hard enough to potentially KO. I feel Lucario is also a large problem for your team because outside of Gyarados, your whole team will be absolutely murdered after a Swords Dance, as even Latias and Jolteon are OHKOed by a +2 ExtremeSpeed. Normally, I wouldn't bother mentioning that Lucario could be a problem, since it has a hard time setting up against non-Choiced attacks; however, therein lies the problem. Latias, which will often be locked into one of its Dragon-type moves, will provide the perfect opportunity for Lucario to set up. Another slight probem for your team I feel that needs to be address is Choice Band Scizor. My main concern with Scizor is that you have nothing to switch into a U-turn except Gyarados, which gets worn down by Stealth Rock and will be unlikely to stay in as Scizor U-turns out to something that can take on Gyarados.

As a summary, here are what I feel are the three biggest concerns to your team:
  • Rotom-A, especially those that run both Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball, because you have no safe switch-in and Rotom-A easily switches into most of your team
  • Lucario, as it can easily set up Swords Dance on your Latias when it is locked into a Dragon-type attack, and can proceed to OHKO everything bar Gyarados, which is weak to Stealth Rock
  • Scizor, as your only safe switch-in to a U-turn is Gyarados, which as already stated, gets worn down by Stealth Rock too quickly to be a reasonable counter
In regards to the above, my suggestions will attempt to eliminate these problems, or at least reduce the impact of them on your team.

Although I am glad that you are using Mamoswine as a lead, which is very good in its own right, I feel that it ought to be replaced for another lead. In fact, I am going to suggest a lead that can help eliminate two of the noted problems to your team, and the Pokémon I'm going to recommend will provide similar resistances to what Mamoswine currently provides to your team. The Pokémon I recommend is Heatran, namely the following set:

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion

I think Heatran will be able to provide more to your team than what Mamoswine currently has to offer. My main problem with Mamoswine right now is that it functions to similar to a suicide lead, meaning its resistances won't actually end up helping your team in the long run. My reasoning in this is that two common leads, Azelf and Metagross, completely shut down this set. From my experience, Azelf can easily use Taunt to prevent Mamoswine from setting down its own Stealth Rock, while it can set down its own Stealth Rock, while Mamoswine's Ice Shard isn't even a 2HKO (Note I'm not even sure it 3HKOes, but it probably does). Meanwhile, I feel that your Mamoswine, once Taunted, easily gives other sweepers such as Dragon Dance Gyarados can easily chance to set up, especially since it managed to switch in at full health. Metagross on the other hand, can set up its own Stealth Rock or use a combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch to take down the wooly mammoth; in either scenario, Mamoswine "loses", as it eithers sets up Stealth Rock but dies without touching Metagross, or manages to weaken Metagross without setting up Stealth Rock. (Note: you need Life Orb to OHKO Metagross with Earthquake.) Now, I feel Heatran also helps in patching up these problems. Azelf is unable to beat Heatran one-on-one, as Fire Blast easily 2HKOes Azelf, and Heatran also reliably sets up Stealth Rock assuming Azelf doesn't Taunt. Heatran also 2HKOes Metagross with Fire Blast, which, in return, is unable to OHKO with Earthquake, so you can either go straight for the kill or set up Stealth Rock, and in either scenario, you come out on top. Teamwise, Heatran is able to take on Rotom-A, as Fire Blast is a definite 2HKO, and Heatran has an easy time switching into Will-O-Wisps or Shadow Balls aimed at your other team members. Heatran is also a surefire counter to Scizor as long as you avoid Superpower, and unlike Gyarados, it isn't weak to Stealth Rock.

Next, I feel that Gyarados should be tailored to handle problems on your team, such as those listed in the summary, instead of being an all-out attacking force. For this reason, I'm going to recommend you change Gyarados to the RestTalk set.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

I feel that by running this set instead of what you are currently running, you will have an easier time taking hits that would otherwise really weaken down your team, such as the aforementioned Scizor's U-turn, and even Heatran's Fire Blast, which I imagine can be quite a pain to your team. By using this set, you greatly increase Gyarados's longevity while still having a slight form of offense in your team. However, the main reason I recommend this set is because Gyarados is a surefire counter to Lucario as Gliscor is. This set is pretty explanatory, so I'm not going to bother explaining it. However, there is a reason I recommend using Roar, which I'll explain later.

I also think that Breloom's set could use a little adjustment. Currently, I feel that Breloom does very little to your team apart from putting something to sleep with Spore, as your current set does very little to common OU threats, such as the aforementioned Rotom-A and even some variants of Salamence. However, I think there is a way to still include Breloom in your team without making too many changes. I think that Breloom should run the standard "Substitute + Leech Seed" set. Since Heatran pretty much guarantees that you set up Stealth Rock, running the Leech Seed set ensures that you will be forcing a lot of switches. Also, Leech Seed support allows you to better make use of your team's method of taking hits: through resistances. With Leech Seed, I feel that you will have an easier time switching in more often, as Leech Seed will help alleviate passive damage from Stealth Rock and/or Spikes. Also, Heatran gives Breloom plenty of opportunities to switch in, which I'm sure you could conclude for yourself.

These are the biggest changes to your team I want to make at the moment, but there is something else that I feel needs to be addressed: your inability to beat stall teams. However, I am hesitant to suggest ways to fix this problem as it would require a massive re-construction of your team, so I'm just going to leave that up to you, and you can respond to me whether you'd like me to help you out with this problem

Overall, I am fairly impressed by this team, and I hope my suggestions will bring you more success in the future. Good luck!

P.S. Your Scizor is missing 2 EVs in HP. ;)
Thanks for the rate Flash, I will test everything you suggested. You are right, I rely on Gyrados a lot, and keeping him alive would definitely be beneficial. I was thinking of trying out dragon dance over roar and switching those 32 EVs to Speed, or do you think roar is more necessary? I have tested Heatran out before, but it sounds like it would fit well here, thanks. I have actually yet to play a stall team but you're right, they would pose quite a problem. I'm curious as to how you would propose to fix that. Once again, thanks a lot for your help.

Flash already covered most of the team, but I think I can give my opinion for the sake of your PM.

Overall, I really really like the choice of pokemon. There is some great synergy to be had here. However, a few of your sets could be changed to make the team more effective.

First off, the team looks to me like a classic bulky offensive team. However, some of your sets are hindering that approach. On Gyarados, your team really doesn't require the stallish Resttalk Roar Gyarados, especially because your team is going to want to retain the momentum. Personally, I would switch this to a BulkyGyara with Taunt, DD, Stone Edge, and Waterfall. This kind of set practically forces your opponent to use an electric attacking move, which gives Jolteon its opening to complete the combo. If your opponent brings out something like Celebi, then you have some options.

These "options" include a bit of a reworking of your team. Jolteon for starters. There really isn't a point in Baton Pass with Life Orb imo. That slot would be much better used for Shadow Ball to help take out pesky Rotom forms that like to hinder a potential Gyarados sweep. I would also try Signal Beam over Charge Beam for something to hit Tyranitar with and KO a Celebi that you switched in on from a T-wave meant for Gyarados. Charge Beam also works fine though.

I love the Breloom set--especially because of Facade. It is great to weaken stuff like Zapdos or Celebi. However, I'm at odds with Choice Scarf Latias on this team. Your team has quite a bit of speed between Latias, Jolteon, and Bullet Punch. I would try something like Choice Specs Latias in this slot to put some severe dents in an opposing team while still retaining the ability to trick a scarf onto something like Blissey.

As for Scizor, you could run a more SpDef spread if you want. I've had a lot of success with Adamant 160 HP, 176 Atk, 4 Spe, and 168 SpDef. You still retain the bite of a CB Bullet Punch while also gaining a bit of Special Defensive presence for annoyances like Latias, Starmie, and Celebi.

Besides that, great choice of pokes--all it really needed was a bit of tweaking. Good luck and I hope I helped!

Flash already covered most of the team, but I think I can give my opinion for the sake of your PM.

Overall, I really really like the choice of pokemon. There is some great synergy to be had here. However, a few of your sets could be changed to make the team more effective.

First off, the team looks to me like a classic bulky offensive team. However, some of your sets are hindering that approach. On Gyarados, your team really doesn't require the stallish Resttalk Roar Gyarados, especially because your team is going to want to retain the momentum. Personally, I would switch this to a BulkyGyara with Taunt, DD, Stone Edge, and Waterfall. This kind of set practically forces your opponent to use an electric attacking move, which gives Jolteon its opening to complete the combo. If your opponent brings out something like Celebi, then you have some options.

These "options" include a bit of a reworking of your team. Jolteon for starters. There really isn't a point in Baton Pass with Life Orb imo. That slot would be much better used for Shadow Ball to help take out pesky Rotom forms that like to hinder a potential Gyarados sweep. I would also try Signal Beam over Charge Beam for something to hit Tyranitar with and KO a Celebi that you switched in on from a T-wave meant for Gyarados. Charge Beam also works fine though.

I love the Breloom set--especially because of Facade. It is great to weaken stuff like Zapdos or Celebi. However, I'm at odds with Choice Scarf Latias on this team. Your team has quite a bit of speed between Latias, Jolteon, and Bullet Punch. I would try something like Choice Specs Latias in this slot to put some severe dents in an opposing team while still retaining the ability to trick a scarf onto something like Blissey.

As for Scizor, you could run a more SpDef spread if you want. I've had a lot of success with Adamant 160 HP, 176 Atk, 4 Spe, and 168 SpDef. You still retain the bite of a CB Bullet Punch while also gaining a bit of Special Defensive presence for annoyances like Latias, Starmie, and Celebi.

Besides that, great choice of pokes--all it really needed was a bit of tweaking. Good luck and I hope I helped!
Thanks a lot and I'll take all of that into consideration. After testing the subpunch breloom set, I found my previous set superior for this team, so I've decided to keep it, thanks. I have actually been testing Bulky Gyra prior to your post and had already found him a great addition. Shadow Ball sounds like a good idea, I'll test that out. The EV spread for Scizor also sounds pretty good, so that will be tested as well. Specs Latias sounds interesting, but I'll lose my main revenge killer. However, I will test it out. Thanks a lot for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)