Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In VGC doubles, moves that ensure that the user's next attack hits (lock on and mind reader) affect both pokemon, allowing the second pokemon to use a 1-hit-ko move without fail.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Very important bug right here to avoid timestalling:

My opponent turned the battle timer on instantly and fought a couple of turns.
Then he quickly made a move while i was thinking about something, stopped the battle timer and pressed cancel.
This way he didnt make his move and the button didnt show Start battle timer but Stop battle timer instead.
This way i couldnt start the battle timer and he could endlessly timestall.

For whatever reason Pikachu/Raichu have lost all ability to use surf. I tried multiple legal surf sets in gen5NU and none of them were excepted when I attempted to battle with them. Additionally, typing /learn pikachu, surf yields the message "Pikachu can't learn Surf" which implies that somehow the conditions for allowing Pikachu to carry Surf have been removed from showdown.
I can only assume this has something to do with gen 6 updates, since Pikachu is actually unable to obtain surf without pokebank.

For whatever reason Pikachu/Raichu have lost all ability to use surf. I tried multiple legal surf sets in gen5NU and none of them were excepted when I attempted to battle with them. Additionally, typing /learn pikachu, surf yields the message "Pikachu can't learn Surf" which implies that somehow the conditions for allowing Pikachu to carry Surf have been removed from showdown.
I can only assume this has something to do with gen 6 updates, since Pikachu is actually unable to obtain surf without pokebank.
Surf is an HM, it can't be transferred. This was a very long standing issue that I recently fixed.

The opposing Greninja used Hydro Cannon!
It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 45.0% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.

The opposing Greninja is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Tyranitar restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4

The opposing Greninja's Protean made it the type! <---- should this message happen?

The opposing Greninja must recharge!

when you transform as ditto into people that have HP ice, it comes up as HP dark. not sure if this is all the time but it definitely happens.

Um, it won't let me Mega Evolve my Abomasnow? It holds Abomasite and yeah.

edit: OOPS, I had mega evolved my Gardevoir beforehand >-<

Last edited:
When a pokemon uses imprison, and than baton pass, the display still says: "imprisoned foe" but stops working.
Lets say the user, the one that uses baton pass has protect,
And the pkmn recieving the imprison after baton pass has protect, the opponent is still able to use protect.
So after baton pass, imprison stops working. So i think its a display bug

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Quick Guard is apparently blocking Feint currently. Feint should break through and remove the effects of Quick Guard.

also Pursuit is firing off before Mega Evolution

Last edited:

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Quick Guard is apparently blocking Feint currently. Feint should break through and remove the effects of Quick Guard.
Fixed
The opposing Greninja used Hydro Cannon!
It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 45.0% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.

The opposing Greninja is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Tyranitar restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4

The opposing Greninja's Protean made it the type! <---- should this message happen?

The opposing Greninja must recharge!
No it is not...

I was at vgc2014 mode at showdown battling against a MKhan / malamar and I was using Mienshao / abomasnow. Ok the guy just mega evolved and used fake out before!! But I put in mienshao 236 Ev on Speed with positive nature. That gives me 170 speed stat. Even Mega khan with Jolly 252 EV reach at 167 speed. But he faked out me first.
I got the battle here to show you guys.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-77147920

EDIT: And yes, Im pretty sure that I clicked in Fake out, not other move.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Are you sure Mienshao had 170 Speed? Check again - you may have accidentally forgotten to change a 0 Speed IV.

So in Ranbats, when Pinsir mega evolves his ability says that it's still moxie. Now I had no way to verify if this was true or just a visual error, someone might want to look into it next time they've got a Pinsir

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
small sprite thing

shows the palette that the spriter used in the top left, presumably easy to fix

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
So in Ranbats, when Pinsir mega evolves his ability says that it's still moxie. Now I had no way to verify if this was true or just a visual error, someone might want to look into it next time they've got a Pinsir
Visual error.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
The check for autoconfirmed isn't fully working, it seems many people, regardless of games played and the age of their account, are simply unable to speak in lobby chat, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)