Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Showdown Bug Reports
:sm/genesect: :sm/charjabug: :ss/orbeetle:
No, not those kinds of bugs!
This thread is specifically for reporting Pokemon Showdown bugs with battle mechanics or chat commands.

If you have a different issue, there is probably another thread somewhere related to that topic:
In all cases, be sure to read the first post of the thread you're posting in!

Rules
Please report bugs by posting in this thread, not by reporting this post (yes, it happens). But before reporting, try these steps first to see if it's actually a bug:
  1. Check the lists of Not Bugs in the 2nd post of this thread.
  2. Save a replay of the battle (use the
    button or the "/savereplay" command). If it's a visual bug, also take a screenshot to include in your post. Although not required, cartridge footage, such as a YouTube or Twitter video, can be helpful to better understand the bug you're reporting.
  3. Look up the relevant Pokemon/moves/Abilities/items on the PSdex and the first post of the Smogon Battle Mechanics Research thread. If neither explains the behavior you saw, consider asking about it in the Help room. If no one there can explain it, feel free to post the bug here.
  4. Make sure your opponent's Pokemon isn't Zorua or Zoroark.
  5. Make sure no one has reported this bug on the last page or two of the thread.
  6. Make sure this bug exists on the official server, with no custom styles enabled.
If you are posting a large screenshot, please insert it inside a spoiler or put HIDE tags around it. [HIDE]a screenshot[/HIDE]
View attachment 243085

Bug Triage Process (aka why did my post get edited)

After you make a post, it will eventually be edited by a member of Pokemon Showdown staff to update the post on the progress of the bug report. You will see "BUG STATUS:", followed by one of these criteria:
  • NOT A BUG: the bug you posted isn't actually a bug at all; Showdown behaves exactly like it would on the actual games in the situation you posted about. Alternatively, this is an intended feature in Pokemon Showdown that is working the way it was designed to work.
  • WRONG PLACE: the interaction you posted might be a bug, but it belongs in another bug report thread, like the damage calc bug report thread, or potentially a thread for a particular OM. You also might have posted a suggestion or a technical support question, which belong in their own separate places.
  • NEEDS MORE INFO: you might have posted a bug, but without a replay or screenshot, it is much more difficult to recreate and fix. Please post again with the additional information or edit it into your post.
  • NEEDS MORE RESEARCH: this bug requires additional research into its behavior on cartridge to make sure it's really a bug.
  • CONFIRMED: This is a bug! Showdown developers have added it on their to-do list to fix. Note that Showdown developers work for free on their own time, so please be patient as the bug is being addressed. We've seen your post! There may be additional information added afterwards to clarify the type of bug:
    • CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) - this is a bug with the fundamental interaction of the mechanic. It's a bug with how the interaction works, or functions.
    • CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) - this is a bug with the display / visual issue of the mechanic. It functions correctly, but tooltips or other visual elements are bugged to make it appear buggy. This would include replay display bugs.
    • CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER - this is a bug relating to the Showdown teambuilder.
    • CONFIRMED - LEGALITY - this is a bug where a Pokemon is allowed in a format where it shouldn't be allowed, or it isn't allowed in a format where it should be allowed.
    • CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) - this is a bug related to the functionality of commands, permissions, or in general how something functions in the chat.
    • CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) - this is a bug with pretty much how anything looks or feels, or a bug with commands processed on the user's side.
    • CONFIRMED - SPRITE - a sprite needs fixed or uploaded.
    • CONFIRMED - OTHER - a catch-all if another category doesn't work.
Once it's finished, you'll see your post changed to:
  • FIXED: The bug has been fixed! Thanks for helping to keep Showdown bug-free!
Old Bug Reports thread v3
Bug with Booster Energy and webs

When doing a hardswitch using a mom with Booster Energy on Sticky Web, the boost will be a Speed boost.

If you, however, switch in from a dead ally, the boost will the next best stat (in example, its Special Attack)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966772015

Bug: Even when a Pokemon faints it can still appear as "alive".
This happened when there was an illusion Tyrunt copying a Ducklett. (Hackmons cup)
Screenshot_20231013-182157.png

Before the impostor Tyrunt fainted but after it was revealed, notice 2 ducklet and 2 meltans?
Screenshot_20231013-182304.png

Before the last Pokemon is sent but after Tyrunt fainted
Screenshot_20231013-182323.png

Last pokemon, notice Meltan is still considered "alive"
Screenshot_20231013-182026.png

Battle over due to all moms fainting but the meltan is still in color.
Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9hackmonscup-1966933494

Last edited:
I was preparing for a natdex draft league and noticed an interaction that doesn't seem to be working correctly. After using fighting-tera, Power-Up Punch is no longer receiving an Iron Fist boost. It's getting the correct boost to 60bp but is no longer getting the Iron Fist boost. I'm assuming this is is some jank from the move not being available on cartridge but wanted to ask about it regardless.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9natdexdraft-1966993710 With Iron Fist
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9natdexdraft-1966978505 Without Iron Fist

I was preparing for a natdex draft league and noticed an interaction that doesn't seem to be working correctly. After using fighting-tera, Power-Up Punch is no longer receiving an Iron Fist boost. It's getting the correct boost to 60bp but is no longer getting the Iron Fist boost. I'm assuming this is is some jank from the move not being available on cartridge but wanted to ask about it regardless.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9natdexdraft-1966993710 With Iron Fist
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen9natdexdraft-1966978505 Without Iron Fist
I believe this is intended. When you use a move of the type you terad into, it gets boosted to 60 BP if it's less than that and isn't multi-hit or priority, which I believe happens after Abilities.

Generation 4 Double Battles have a couple of significant bugs with spread damage reduction.

1. On Showdown when a pokemon uses a spread attack move, all the damage calculations appear to be done at the start of the attack, however in generation 4 this is incorrect. On cartridge, instead (my understanding is) the damage should be calculated individually for each pokemon that is effected by the attack. So if, for example, Regirock uses Rock Slide and first KOes the faster opponent, then spread damage reduction does not occur for the slower opponent, since Rock Slide is now considered to be single-target.
2. On Showdown when a pokemon uses Explosion against two targets, the damage is reduced by the spread damage reduction on both effected pokemon. On cartridge, instead there is no spread damage reduction for the final two pokemon on the field, unlike any other spread damage move. So if, for example, Regirock uses Explosion and its ally Latios uses Protect, then if there is just one target remaining on the field the damage will not be effected by spread damage reduction.

Both of these bugs are demonstrated in this replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4vgc2010-1967772555
Turn 1: Rock Slide deals spread-reduced damage to Dialga, which is incorrect.
Turn 2: Explosion deals spread-reduced damage to Dialga, which is incorrect.
Turn 3: Explosion deals spread-reduced damage to Dialga, which is incorrect.
Which corresponds to the twitter link below:
link
Regirock Attack = 141
Bronzong Attack = 141
Dialga HP = 207, Defence = 140
Rock Slide dealt 23 damage on cartridge
(21, 22, 22, 22, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 25, 25, 26) (Single-target)
Rock Slide dealt 19 damage on showdown
(16, 16, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 17, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19) (Spread damage)
Explosion (Regirock) dealt 101 damage on cartridge
(94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111) (Single-target)
Explosion (Regirock) dealt 74 damage on showdown
(70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 80, 81, 82, 83) (Spread damage)
Explosion (Bronzong) dealt 109 damage on cartridge
(94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111) (Single-target)
Explosion (Bronzong) dealt 73 damage on showdown
(70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 80, 81, 82, 83) (Spread damage)

Also note that the cartridge test was done on HeartGold version on the MelonDS Emulator, this result should be the same for all generation 4 games to my knowledge, however.

I was testing something out in anything goes quickly to see if my concept of how certain things would work would actually work before using it, and at turn 24 my skeledirge ignored the enemy's substitute despite that not being an ability of unaware or torch song

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9anythinggoes-1968406182

I'm not sure how this happened but it's definitely a glitch of some sort
Torch Song is a sound move and all sound moves bypass substitute.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1970424837

Turn 9: Ogerpon-Wellspring teras into a pure water type.
Turn 18: Opponents Slitherwing uses First Impression on the tera'd Ogerpon, but the move is listed as Super Effective as if Ogerpon-Wellspring is still a water/grass type, even though it had tera'd into a pure water type.
Pokémon lose their tera after fainting, even if revived by Revival Blessing, so Ogerpon was Water/Grass on turn 18.

Charlotte

giraffe
is a Top Tiering Contributor
While spectating a non-ladder VGC regE bo3 game, it added another instance of the open teamsheets every time I pressed 'Instant replay'
1697678486763.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this:
Here's a page from the Smogon stats index, move sets for Gen 9 Anything Goes: link
Why would Zacian-Crowned not have Behemoth Blade mentioned as a common move? Is this a bug in the stats?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Sorry, I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this:
Here's a page from the Smogon stats index, move sets for Gen 9 Anything Goes: link
Why would Zacian-Crowned not have Behemoth Blade mentioned as a common move? Is this a bug in the stats?
This is actually due to the way Behemoth Blade functions, Zacian doesn't actually learn the move Behemoth Blade.

Instead, if a Zacian has the move Iron Head while in it's Hero Form, it actually becomes the Move Behemoth Blade.

This is why Iron Head has a 95% usage rate on it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1970424837

Turn 9: Ogerpon-Wellspring teras into a pure water type.
Turn 18: Opponents Slitherwing uses First Impression on the tera'd Ogerpon, but the move is listed as Super Effective as if Ogerpon-Wellspring is still a water/grass type, even though it had tera'd into a pure water type.
even though you didn't mean to, you did actually find a different bug (or perhaps a misunderstood mechanic)!

A revived (with Revival Blessing as well as all 3 reviving items) Terastallized Ogerpon should not revive as its Tera form and have Embody Aspect. It should instead revive as base Ogerpon-Mask with its normal ability. I can confirm this works for all Ogerpon forms, but I only have footage for Wellspring Mask.

Apologies for the low-ish quality of the proof.

I’ve been experiencing several issues with the new “upload teams to showdown database” function. Two times have I opened showdown and checked one of my Pokémon teams only for it to be erased and replaced with my most recently uploaded team against my will and with no way to reverse the changes. Most recently was earlier today where I had a team with an Ursaluna-bloodmoon get replaced by a completely separate team with no ursa-b which got rid of it. Last week was a similar event with separate Pokémon. After my ursa-b got replaced I fiddled with showdown on my browser and found out that if I upload a team, close the tab with PS!, then open a new PS! tab then the most recently uploaded team will be duplicated. I assume this duplication is what erased my teams as I opened showdown and immediately clicked on one, causing the duplication to override it. I don’t know if this is a feature or not, or how often this has been happening for others, but I think having a team erased is a huge risk for PS! and should be investigated. I use Google Chrome as my browser on an iPhone if that is relevant.
BUG STATUS (CLIENT): Fixed, by Mia
:zygarde:
Fixed as of a couple hours ago, teams should now only get added to the builder if there's no strict match (same mons/format/team), if there's a format/name match but not mons match it'll get added as a separate team. refresh a few times to get this change

Last edited by a moderator:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
When I attempt to use one of my teams for SM OU on ladder, a message pops up and says the format requires me to use my own team. I'm not using a custom client, so I'm doing what the message says and report it as a bug. I have also seen this in other formats.

Attachments

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When doing /ms (not nms) type, it shows G-Max moves when they shouldn't be there as the mechanic is not in the current gen. This applies to all types.

1698020653482.png

1698020764019.png More examples

I want to report something that I believe doesn't happen on cart but happens on showdown.

Neutralising gas with ability shield.

On showdown: if a Pokémon with ability shield and intimidate is on the field, intimidate activates because of the ability shield. when Weezing switches out or faints, intimidate activates again.

On cart: if a Pokémon with ability shield and intimidate is on the field, intimidate activates because of the ability shield. when Weezing switches out or faints, intimidate does not activate again.

The cart interaction makes sense because there's no reason for intimidate to reactivate if it wasn't affected by neutralising gas in the first place thanks to ability shield.

I have a replay which shows intimidate incorrectly activating twice: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1974003361-jhxhh1skartmnwif98nh0jzm67eodpfpw

I uploaded a team to showdown but changed my mind and decided I didn’t want it saved just yet, so tried to remove it from my uploads but it just deleted the team outright from my device. Luckily I had my Pokémon saved, but when I tried to add them back to their original team slot PS! just rejects it. My team slot still has the same name, it still has the same format. It just deletes the Pokémon from it if I try to put them back. This issue doesn’t happen if I make a new team and put the Pokémon in there. Basically, if I had a team named “Placeholder” and I upload it before realizing it wasn’t completed then delete it from my uploads, my Pokémon wouldn’t be there anymore. I would still see “Placeholder” and it would still have the same format, but now every time I try to put a Pokémon back into it the Pokémon will just be deleted again when I refresh. I tried changing the moves on my Pokémon, I used an entirely different set of Pokémon that matched nothing from the original team, but it doesn’t matter. I just have an empty team slot on my device that won’t accept any more Pokémon. I closed my PS! tab, I closed my browser, I refreshed my page, I changed the format of the team. The empty team slot will still be there if I don’t manually delete it and it still rejects any and all Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)