Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tornadus overspeed Blaziken in dynamax form when Blaziken had +2 in speed and tornadus had +1 in speed

I had the issue in the battle when take out blaziken he gain a +1 in speed the opponent did dinamax with Tornadus and in the first attack Blaziken attack first for the speed boost he gain in the previous turn then He did the Max Airstream and he boost his speed in +1 and blazique boost his speed to +2 in the next turn tornadus got faster and attack first n dinamax form but blaziken had +2 in speed

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1355357682-ccvxwu0kukwja946ejx94wxjz1889bgpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see M24's post below (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
Tornadus overspeed Blaziken in dynamax form when Blaziken had +2 in speed and tornadus had +1 in speed

I had the issue in the battle when take out blaziken he gain a +1 in speed the opponent did dinamax with Tornadus and in the first attack Blaziken attack first for the speed boost he gain in the previous turn then He did the Max Airstream and he boost his speed in +1 and blazique boost his speed to +2 in the next turn tornadus got faster and attack first n dinamax form but blaziken had +2 in speed

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1355357682-ccvxwu0kukwja946ejx94wxjz1889bgpw
Tornadus speed: 224
Blaziken speed: 166

244 * 1.5= 366 (+1)
166 * 2 = 332 (+2)

Normal behaviour, the tornadus is supposed to outspeed

In UNO, there is a game-costing bug where when a user plays a wild card, then uses the command /uno hand (to see their cards), the option to choose the colour they want to play becomes nonexistent. It gets outright replaced by the /uno hand. As a result, they can't do anything and eventually get timed out. It needs to be made where both the cards and the colour choice are both available, even if a user types /uno hand.

I am not sure what is the best way to prove this other than this screenshot, but feel free to test it out in a groupchat by having someone play a wild card, then using /uno hand, then being unable to proceed with tapping on the colour they need to set.

1623206958849.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In gen 5, team preview reveals when a Pokemon is holding mail, but on PS it uses the same yellow icon as all other items.

1623209224134.png

The lack of information leak is semi-relevant in the case of stall teams, as choice tricking is a common strategy against them, and people should be aware that the Pokemon holding mail cannot be tricked at preview.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999, see example

Illusion is weird in hackmons cup, my nidoran has illusion and i still have an unrevealed squirtle. second image is when I revealed the squirtle but the actual azumarill fainted

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, it's hard to make out what's going on here without a replay, but I'd wager it likely is messed up (DaWoblefet)

Edit: One of the azumarills in the first image should have been a pokeball because the squirtle had not been sent out yet. The second image shows that azumarill fainted in my party but was still alive on the sidebar

Attachments

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1356628414

Turn 13: Rillaboom's Grassy Glide ignores Tsareena's Queenly Majesty while Grassy Terrain is present. Rillaboom is forced to use Grassy Glide because of Encore.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Whenever a pokemon is encored into a move that is a different priority than the move it first selected, it will become the priority of the move that was originally selected. Therefore, Glassy glide won't activate queenly majesty in this case. (Dawn of Ares)

Visual bug: when stakataka is set to shiny in the team builder, its model changes direction

Normal model
Screenshot_20210610-184834_Chrome.jpg
Shiny model
Screenshot_20210610-184838_Chrome.jpg

As far as im aware, this only happens in team builder

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

I seem to have found a bug about revelation dance where if a pokemon happens to lose its primary type then revelation dance becomes typeless even if the pokemon had a secondary type or had forest's curse or trick or treat effect
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1356917938
turn 6 revelation dance is typeless despite forests curse
turn 11 revelation dance is typeless despite secondary flying type
turn 13 revelation dance remains typeless even after trick or treat

All of this contradicts with its description which states that revelation dance will only be typeless if the user is typeless alone

This bug is regarding a move that has been cut in SwSh, so it only affects Gen 6, Gen 7, and Nat Dex formats.

Dizzy Punch should be legal on the following pokemon lines:
Elekid Line
Magby Line
Pichuu Line
Cleffa Line
Tyrogue Line (Hitmonchan already learns it naturally through level up)
Igglybuff Line
Smoochum Line
The Odd Egg in Crystal could hatch any one of these baby pokemon knowing the move Dizzy Punch. In the Japanese versions of the game, this was only obtainable through an event, so you cannot get it in the Virtual Console. However, in the International versions, this egg is obtainable through normal gameplay, so it is possible to get in the VC, which can then be transfered to any Gen 6 or Gen 7 game and then be evolved.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, what doipy hooves says is correct (DaWoblefet)

This bug is regarding a move that has been cut in SwSh, so it only affects Gen 6, Gen 7, and Nat Dex formats.

Dizzy Punch should be legal on the following pokemon lines:
Elekid Line
Magby Line
Pichuu Line
Cleffa Line
Tyrogue Line (Hitmonchan already learns it naturally through level up)
Igglybuff Line
Smoochum Line
The Odd Egg in Crystal could hatch any one of these baby pokemon knowing the move Dizzy Punch. In the Japanese versions of the game, this was only obtainable through an event, so you cannot get it in the Virtual Console. However, in the International versions, this egg is obtainable through normal gameplay, so it is possible to get in the VC, which can then be transfered to any Gen 6 or Gen 7 game and then be evolved.
Dizzy Punch Odd Egg mons do not make it through Poke Transporter.

Blimax

https://www.youtube.com/c/Blimaxx
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Metronome Battle bug

Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png

My Dragapult on the right side goes down turn 9. The remaining Dragapult works fine on turn 10, but its model moves over to the right side for some reason when it attacks. On the next turn, there's a "zombie Dragapult" of sorts on the left side that I have to select a move for. This doesn't work though, meaning I just end up losing on timer despite the fact I selected my moves.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I recall this coming up in past bug reports several months ago, but I've never been able to reproduce it even with replays. Here are a few of the reported instances:
(DaWoblefet)

Edit: I've looked at the posts as well as done some testing with this on my own, so this is the info I can provide. My OS is Windows 10, and I'm on Microsoft Edge. I've also found some steps I can use to replicate the glitch (at least for me), so here they are.

1. Start a battle between two players in Metronome Battle, with at least one player using two identical Pokémon. (I used two Dragapults)

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Metronome

2. Knock out the identical Pokémon in the second slot. (It will be the Pokémon on the right for the identical Pokémon user, and on the left for the attacker knocking out the Pokémon)

3. Attack with the identical Pokémon in the first slot. Its sprite should suddenly move to the right slot, and on the next turn you will have to select two attacks, one for a fainted Pokémon.

4. Make sure the player not using two identical Pokémon submits their attack first, and does not cancel their move at any time. The player who was using two identical Pokémon should submit their attack second.

5. The player using two identical Pokémon now can't attack for some reason, causing them to lose on timer.

This doesn't work if the two Pokémon aren't identical. It also doesn't work if the player not affected by the glitch attacks second for some reason, meaning the attack is submitted if the player not affected cancels their move and reselects. Something else worth noting is that it does not show up on replays, which is why I didn't provide one. Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
Clicking on a subroom (on the rooms list) brings you to the main room instead. I think I remember this working differently before?
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.31.55 PM.png

Image, since I don't think I've explained this super well: clicking on NFE, OM Mashups, or Old Shark brings me to Other Metas instead of the room I clicked on.
BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG (we've never had support for that, it's been that way since they were added) (Mia)
-- :charizard-gmax:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-1358112450

Turn 2 for reference
This may be different since an ally is targeted here, but doesn’t skill swap reveal the abilities of the Pokemon abilities are being swapped between?

Edit: it shows both Pex and Banette as having Prankster afterwards, which is also incorrect

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), it's just a visual bug; the abilities really do change, they just aren't announced to have been changed. (DaWoblefet)

Hello,

While playing vgc2021, I noticed that thunder cage doesnt deal trapping damage after the opponent transforms from dynamax into regular form. Is this a bug? Haven't tested this on cart.

Cheers

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this isn't how it currently works; we'd need to see a replay to the contrary. (DaWoblefet)

I apparently can't use /nick because I'm in a tournament, even though I'm not. To be specific, I replaced myself with another user in the tournament, and subsequently, I was unable to change my username with /nick.

I'm no tech expert so I don't know if this should be categorized as a bug, but posting just in case, even though it is easily rectified by clicking "Forfeit and change name".

1623769165409.png

EDIT: A couple hours later, it's still there, even after the tour has long ended lol:

1623775488306.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, particularly a way to reproduce (DaWoblefet)

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
(Gen 3) Rough Skin doesn't activate if a contact move doesn't do damage due to Endure: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3randombattle-1359875028-fcobvpzxq1pkjome1fxwku951j9it8epw (last turn)

(it might well be that it doesn't activate at all if you used endure, regardless of whether damage is dealt or endure activated, but my guess here is that because the move did no damage, the simulator didn't count it as a hit for rough skin's purpose)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Marty's post below (DaWoblefet)

I think i found a visual glitch with hackmons gen6. I had an imposter blissey and illusion aegislash on my team, and the opponent had a sturdy shedinja and something with whirlwind. I sent out my illusion aegislash hidden as blissey and used transform. Later on, i switched out the aegislash and then the opponent whirlwinded it back in. The result was aegislash disguised as a giant shedinja. In a separate battle, i had used transform with the aegislash to turn into a mega sableye. When i swapped back in with aegislash, it disguised itself as the mega sableye, instead of a blissey. When i switched into blissey, it came out like mega sableye before imposter changed it.

edit: took pictures ofit and also found out it can give you 8 pokemon. It should be noted that the aegislash named grass type in pictur 1 is a bugged requaza. It should not be disguised or transformed at all. I found a new side affect where my ferrothorn became a wide blissey for whatever reason. I have now also found that the bug can make me look like a small requaza, although i had gotten a bad screenshot.
A5712917-218C-46C0-9471-CE1D8B883DF3.jpeg
C5D5C2B6-CBC4-4792-B785-084BD64B8BCB.png
663693AF-C31F-440C-88E8-186875E2E313.png
[
7329A1DD-1264-4C48-81D9-FE313EC4595C.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) likely the same bug as in the above (DaWoblefet)

When I try to add Blaziken to my gen 8 fair and square team, it says that it isn't allowed, while the official site clearly says that gen 3 starters and their evolutions are allowed.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Marty's post below (DaWoblefet)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
(Gen 3) Rough Skin doesn't activate if a contact move doesn't do damage due to Endure: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3randombattle-1359875028-fcobvpzxq1pkjome1fxwku951j9it8epw (last turn)

(it might well be that it doesn't activate at all if you used endure, regardless of whether damage is dealt or endure activated, but my guess here is that because the move did no damage, the simulator didn't count it as a hit for rough skin's purpose)
You're right, but this is intentional; in Gen 3 and 4 things like Color Change, Rough Skin, and Static only do something if that Pokemon actually lost HP from the attack.
When I try to add Blaziken to my gen 8 fair and square team, it says that it isn't allowed, while the official site clearly says that gen 3 starters and their evolutions are allowed.
They aren't; the non-Japanese rulesets are almost always wrong about something:
whoopsie.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)