SM Ubers Bulky Offense - ft. Zygarde

Small warning that the first two pictures are absolutely huge and I couldn't resize them for some reason. :P
Introduction
Hello, people of Smogon (Smogoneers? Smogonians?). I haven't played competitive Pokemon in about a year, but when SM came out I just knew I had to try it again. This is the first team I've made since then, so it will be pretty flawed. Hence why I wanted to make a RMT to see how I could improve it.
-------

I wanted to use Zygarde-Complete, because Power Construct is great and his defensive stats are disgustingly good.

(Bad Solgaleo sprite, I know.) Immediately I wanted something to be able to check Xerneas so Zygarde wouldn't be set-up fodder. I've always wanted to use Solgaleo so he was the obvious choice for me.

I wanted a defogger and something that could hit Lunala hard. Thus, Gira-O was added.

The team (other than Zygarde) was weak to status, so I added cleric Xerneas, which could also threaten opposing dragons.

Nothing really packed a punch other than Solgaleo, and I needed some sort of win-condition. I still didn't have a mega so I put in Mega-Salamence with a bulky EV spread to fit in the team.

Finally, I needed a SR setter and something to take care of steel types that Solgaleo's EQ couldn't hit (i.e. Celesteela). PDon was perfect for this, and provided support in the form of T-Wave.

-------
The Team

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers Yache Berry
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Toxic

As I said before, this thing's stats are disgusting. 216/121/95 is nothing to laugh at. Thousand Arrows is his go-to move, as it can and will hit anything. Dragon Tail is used to prevent Zygarde from being set-up fodder against anything but fairy types. Rest and Sleep Talk are both used for longevity. I'm considering using Toxic instead of Sleep Talk to cripple 'mons that try to stay in against it, but I don't like being helpless on the two turns of sleep. Max health and defense EVs make it a physical wall (not many physical ice moves around) with the remaining 4 going into SpD to give him slightly more bulk. I used to use Leftovers for healing outside of Rest, but a Yache Berry seems to help more sinze Zygarde gets destroyed without it. It's saved me in plenty of matches more than Leftovers so I think I'm going to keep it this way.

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun

Goddang, I love the Alola legendaries. Personal preferences aside, Solgaleo is a great bulky attacker. Sunsteel Strike is the mandatory STAB, boasting a powerful 100 BP and ignoring abilities such as Multiscale. Earthquake is used to hit opposing steel types and occasionally PDon if they decide to switch in thinking I run Flare Blitz. Toxic is used if Zygarde isn't running it to fulfill the same purpose. However, Flare Blitz can be used instead for extra coverage. Morning Sun is used to heal off Flare Blitz recoil (if running it) and to increase Solgaleo's sustainability throughout the battle. EVs are put into bulk to help him take hits, with some being put into attack for extra "oomph". I was stuck between a careful and an adamant nature, but decided to go with adamant for the sheer power. Leftovers are used again to boost its bulk, but you could try running Life Orb instead if you really wanted to.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Defog

I love ghost types. I also love dragon types. Behold, a ghost-dragon type! Gira is my defogger, but he can dish out a good amount of damage as well. He also functions as a revenge killer against anything but Arceus-Normal via Shadow Sneak. Shadow Sneak is also used to demolish Lunala after SR damage, usually OHKO'ing it (from my experience). Shadow Force is used to scout with a high as heck BP. Dragon Tail is used to shuffle around enemies for SR damage and to cripple sweepers minus fairies. Defog is an obvious choice here. Max attack and defense EVs with an adamant nature for power and bulk. Griseous Orb is self-explanatory.

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I love me a good tree-moose. Since Giratina was susceptible to poison and Solgaleo to burn, I decided to run cleric Xerneas. Moonblast is a strong STAB move and prevents Xerneas from being taunt bait. Aromatherapy is to cure team members. Rest and Sleep Talk, along with Leftovers, make Xerneas very hard to kill. EVs are all put into bulk, with the majority being put into defense as it's naturally lower than Xerneas's SpD.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

As I said before, I lacked a real offensive threat and had no win-condition nor a mega. I also never really used M-Salamence before so I decided to give him a shot (and now I see why he's Ubers as well...). Double Edge is crazy strong with Aerilate. Earthquake hits PDon and steel types extremely hard. Roost is to make sure Salamence doesn't get worn down too much, and Dragon Dance is to help sweep late-game. I chose to use a more bulky EV spread for survivability along with Roost, although I tried using 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (still Adamant nature) but this spread seems to work better from my experience.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

This thing was on nearly every team in ORAS, and for good reason. One weakness with its ability up, monstrous attack and defense, and great utility. Precipice Blades is its hardest-hitting move, killing or seriously hurting a lot of things. Fire Punch is used over Stone Edge to hurt steel types that Zygarde and Salamence don't faze with their Earthquakes. Thunder Wave is used to shut down faster 'mons and Stealth Rock is pretty much mandatory on any team. Standard EV spread and items are used here.
-------
Conclusion
Thank you all for reading about my (crappy) ubers team. I'm having pretty good success with it thus far (best streak 14-0 which is good for me considering how rusty I am, haha). Zygarde is great now and I'm glad I can finally use it, and in my favorite tier nonetheless. Thanks again and have a wonderful day. ^-^
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Defog

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I'm using Yache Berry on Zygarde now and it seems to help a lot more than Leftovers. Editing that in now.
Also sneaky bump ~ Happy Holidays to all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)