SM PU Bulky offense (?) PU

Hello it's been a while i didn't try to do a team, now i have more fun in pu than i had in OU so here is the team:

Probopass (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

He is my leader since i found that air balloon help a lot especially when the opponent lead with a rock setter steal or ground like golurk where i can set up my own rocks thanks to the air balloon, the ev is a test (for 252 ev spe) for be able to outspeed some of common leaders,not to mention magnet pull who help to get rid of aggron etc.

Silvally-Dragon @ Dragon Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower

I've chosen dragon silvally because of resistance and draco meteor, and for the duo defog+ parting shot because of my scarf flareon where it can't stay that long in the match with rocks, flamethrower for those bulky grass mons like tangela .

Sivally act as a offensive pivot (that's why 252 ev in spa and HP) + parting shot for a little volt-"turn" way.

Basculin (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Liquidation
- Head Smash

I like basculin because of adaptability and aqua jet, he is my physical wallbreaker (ok he is walled by tangela), i'm not sure for the last attack because head smash is power enough to take down articuno but the drawback is quite high on the recoil, since basculin is already frail so with the recoil it reduce his survavibility, maybe replace head smash by zen headbutt for fight mons but since his bulk is non existent basculin can't survive to 2 mach punch i think , or maybe try ice beam with a hasty nature or lax nature i must say i don't really know the calc for damage :/

Raichu-Alola (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

I love this mon being able to pivot and hit as hard as possible, but i must be careful that he won't be in range for mach punch of gurdurr /fight spinners because of his bad bulk, for grass knot i'm not really sure tho.

I tried the set with aloraichum z and sub nasty plot tbolt psyshock, it's good too but i found myself that i was often switch so i changed to spec set and i prefer that set personally.

Tangela (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

Tangela is known in pu , i took it because i needed something who can sponge physical hits from fighting spinner and something who can take good sucker punch.
But i'm really sure because skuntank is i think one big threat for this team since it can ohko raichu alolan with sucker punch, ohko or deal massive damage to basculin if probopass is dead, i'm not sure to keep it but his defensive bulk is so good that it's hard to pass lol.

Flareon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Grass

Since i love to make team with f/w/g i took flareon because pu lack of physical fire (only combusken) and because of his high atk, i first played the gut toxik orb set but since it's fire it doesn't last long on the match because of rocks weakness + recoil from flare blitz / toxic orb so i gave a try to a choice scarf set and.. I LOVE IT, because for the match i did , players often thought it will be a gut toxic orb set and thanks to that i did some damage because of that.

HP grass is for +2 carracosta since scarf flareon outspeed him at +2, but sadly he doesn't outspeed gorebyss and omastar at +2 :/.

The main problem i think is the shell smash users and possibly skuntank after propobass is dead, if possible i'd like to keep scarf flareon because i love that set but i'm ready to replace him too if needed (i tried combusken but the protect game is quite hard xD).

Ty in advance for the help !

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello asseforlife,

I am a fan of offensive teams myself and I Like your idea of an FWG core with Alolan Raichu. I notice a lot of weaknesses to this team, so it, unfortunately, is very flawed in that regard. I can tell you put a lot of effort into your offensive synergy here but there is so much that just can plow through your original version of this team. Dodrio(no switch-ins and if it's Flyinium Z + Quick Attack it can Swords Dance on Tangela and just win with Stealth Rock up), Lilligant and other common Grass-types(Ludicolo and Victreebel), Aurorus and Alolan Sandslash, Oricorio-Pom-Pom, and quite a bit more are huge problems for your team. I tried to patch some of these up without changing the majority of your team so it is still recognizable to you when you play and It looks like turned out to be a fairly decent looking balanced team with an emphasis on your offensive core, it still looks like it can get some bad match-ups but it doesn't appear to autolose to nearly as much so I hope you enjoy.

--->

Regirock @ Chople Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Probopass did make a good core with Tangela as it can trap Steel-types making it Giga Drain harder for your opponents to switch into and Tangela checks most Ground-types and Fighting-types. However, the niche to trap Steel-types didn't really benefit your team much and with Regirock it patches up your weakness to Dodrio, Kangaskhan, Oricorio-Pom-Pom, and Pinsir. This is really your one true way of dealing with Dodrio so if you ever get a match-up where its Dodrio with another Normal-type(This is called normal spam and it is fairly common you see it with Stoutland and/or Kangaskhan a lot) you should use Tangela to switch into the other Normal-type(s) this will help you win more of those Matchups.

--->

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot

Silvally-Water fits better over Silvally-Dragon here as it helps a lot with Alolan Sandslash it can switch into both variants and ether Defog there rocks away or threaten it with Flamethrower. This is a good way to keep the FWG core as well as to patch up the major Alolan Sandslash weakness so it is a change I would suggest.

--->

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell

This helps with a lot of special attackers such as the Grass-types I mentioned earlier as well as Choice Specs Drampa and Aurorus(scout for Hidden Power Rock). It does a good job keeping hazards off the field when paired with Silvally-Water(Silvally deals with Sandslash and Regirock Articuno deals with Mesprit) so it should be able to stay healthy for those things. It fits the team really well in other ways as well. When I was looking at your defensive core I saw it really needed a cleric as Toxic without Heal Bell / Aromatherapy really broke it originally. Looking at potential clerics Articuno fit really well as it also checked a lot of Pokemon you were weak to as well as coring with Tangela very very well.

Raichu-Alola (M) @ Aloraichium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Alolan Raichu is a fine breaker for this team but I feel in order to be as effective here it needs to be able to switch its moves. This lets it beat defensive cores easier(such as Quagsire + Articuno). This is also your only way to beat Calm Mind Clefairy so keep that in mind when facing one. You are also weak to opposing Alolan Raichu so I would suggest keeping your Tangela healthy in those matchups as Toxic + pivoting is your only real way to beat it.

Tangela (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Synthesis

Leech Seed benefits you more then Knock Off here as it is a great way for you to chip things like Audino as well as give a bit of HP back to Regirock and Silvally-Water when played logically. Toxic over Hidden Power Fire really is needed to be able to beat Alolan Raichu and to keep Lilligant from setting up on Tangela. It also works really well with Leech Seed and your team can afford to let Victreebel in as it has a great switch in for it in Articuno. It is also good for other Tangela and lets it beat Hitmonchan easier.(Hitmonchan can spin Leech Seed away)

--->

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower
- Morning Sun

Flareon is a mediocre Pokemon in general here as it is 100% outclassed in every role(Ursaring and Zangoose for Toxic Orb, Rapidash as physical Fire-type, Stoutland and Aggron for Choice Band and pretty much every other Choice Scarf user). Honestly I only suggest this change to keep your FWG core. Your team would benifit from a Choice Scarf user(that hits way more then 377 speed) you can chose to run Choice Scarf on Rapidash but I wouldn't suggest that here as your team is already prone to being worn down and this set can at least keep some sort of longgivity as well as being a decent offenive Pokemon. Choice Scarf Mesprit would also fit well with Psyshock and Healing Wish(Psyshock will help with the off putting special to physical split and Healing Wish is super good here) You can keep Rapidash and the team will still be better, but I would higly suggest going Choice Scarf Mesprit this will make the team very solid in my honest opinion.

With Rapidash

With Mesprit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)